It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA astronaut Edgar Mitchell in MSM saying aliens came here to prevent nuclear war

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr X

I used to have much respect for Dr. Mitchell. Before he expected everyone to buy into these claims, knowing he has no evidence to corraborate the stories he shares. I think he believes these tales, so i won't call him a liar, but he should know better than making wild claims with no supporting evidence. He has been selling this story for more than two decades though. All he has is he said she said, which doesn't add up. He keeps company with the likes of Greer and Wilcock. Those guys are definately full of #.
Mitchell is strongly associated with the center for noetic sciences, which is also full of #

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: amicktd

You did miss something. You must answer a survey question (just 1) to access the full article.

To the OP,

My favorite UFO stories come from ex military who were attached to nuclear weapon silos and their stories of UFOs shutting down said nukes.

I must not answer a single thing to do anything thanks ! Oo

Jesus christ, from popup click bait to now "you must!!!!!!!!" answer a survey?

You got news, you want to share news, you share news. You wanna be a faux news site that may even have news, for only for a profit (be it adverts, surveys or blatant subscriptions) then burn.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hidinout

They want me to take a survey before I can read the article and I'm not doing it because I am stubborn that way.

I believe him. Here's another article.

www.rt.com...

All you had to do was click "skip survey" and go right in.

No matter. It was same old, same old anyway.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

I used to have much respect for Dr. Mitchell. Before he expected everyone to buy into these claims, knowing he has no evidence to corraborate the stories he shares. I think he believes these tales, so i won't call him a liar, but he should know better than making wild claims with no supporting evidence. He has been selling this story for more than two decades though. All he has is he said she said, which doesn't add up. He keeps company with the likes of Greer and Wilcock. Those guys are definately full of #.
Mitchell is strongly associated with the center for noetic sciences, which is also full of #

Know what we call these claims he makes in reality? Science fiction.....So call him what you will but the truth hurts when making wild claims with no evidence to support your fantasy...

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

UFO, spaceships and imaginary gods.
The ufos are not impressed with your logic.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinalCountdown
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

UFO, spaceships and imaginary gods.
The ufos are not impressed with your logic.

Yay...Another smart butt like me....Hehe

We gots us enough of us around here that's for dang sure!

God isn't impressed by your logic either....

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Then again, has 'the whole' improved in a measurable way since UFOs upped their profile in the 1940s?

Yeah, but there was only just over 2 billion people in the 1940's, now theirs over 7 billion. Plus our technology is allowing a large amount of people to live more comfortably than we ever have in our whole evolution.

Maybe its like what we'd do if a species becomes in danger of extinction. We wouldn't go and feed & nurse the species so it loses its instinct to survive on its own, we usually keep our distance and make a few changes to assist the species to survive on its own.

You know, feed a man a fish, yadda yadda.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I like Mitchell but he seems to be a little off at times.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

originally posted by: FinalCountdown

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Although he's attracted some scorn for these ideas, they're just the outcome of his experiences and things people have told him. He's arrived at the idea through rational thinking even though most people would not share his conclusions through rational thinking.

Those 'peace-loving aliens' haven't done much to help the millions and millions who've died since the last atom bomb was dropped in anger. They might have shown some disapproval for the killing fields of Cambodia or the sickening deaths of those in Rwanda. And *if* these guys are only looking after America, they sure screwed up when the towers came down!

Not even my smart butt could add more to this....

Basically summed up not only "rational" thinking, but also how his "conclusions" came about.....

Those 'peace-loving aliens' haven't done much to help the millions and millions who've died since the last atom bomb was dropped in anger.

Wonder why that is again......?

Because the aliens don't really believe in PNAC.
The aliens are more about the NWO and having the earth "come together" and focus more on building spaceships and leaving than killing each other over imaginary gods and useless money.

You just said imaginary gods.....Aren't you guys calling Aliens just that? Maybe I am lost but this is about Aliens saving humans....Okay, show me one alien and I will show you God immediately following...

Cyclical argument here.....NWO, spaceships....Leave that crap out next reply if you would....Thx

Really?

What makes you so special that someone with such information would confide in you? Are you kidding me? You're in no position that would even allow the possibility to present itself to you. I show you an Alien and you show me God? Hahaha, what hubris and comedy! Just judging from your anecdotal, rhetoric, you wouldn't be able to discern an "Alien" if they were standing right in front of you.

What benefit would an alien abstract from a closed-minded human? What? They'll blow their cover for you just to make a point to some faceless, nameless button pusher on the webway? Your logic is refreshing.

Let's go back to what was covered earlier. Any species capable of interstellar travel is also VERY likely of skirting the glare of some half breed primates on a feudal planet. And anything smart enough to enter a hostile sphere, unscathe, also can do a good job in not leaving too many breadcrumbs behind for the banal.

Clues and queues are all around you. If you personally lack deduction and/or the acumen to connect dots, then it's not meant to be, nor ever will. My advice, Ignore "alien" threads and go back to a less thought provoking sedentary.
edit on 14-8-2015 by trifecta because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Ahh ok...thanks Swills!

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: trifecta

Just judging from your anecdotal, rhetoric, you wouldn't be able to discern an "Alien" if they were standing right in front of you

No problem....Put one in front of me...

Let's go back to what was covered earlier. Any species capable of interstellar travel

Sure....Show me one....

also can do a good job in not leaving too many breadcrumbs behind for the banal.

Not even one....???? Sure I have blinders on....

Clues and queues are all around you

Fake youtube videos you mean? Oh Mars, Ceres, Titan, the Moon, come on now I can surely find something out there....

If you personally lack deduction and/or the acumen to connect dots, then it's not meant to be, nor ever will

AGAIN.....What dots? Show me just one DOT....I will circle it so I can connect just that one to itself for you

My advice, Ignore "alien" threads and go back to a less thought provoking sedentary.

Right back at ya....Your "logic" is beyond mine apparently, you know something we all don't...YOUTUBE YAY!!!!

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
So the genocide, murder, rape of children...all ok...just don't use nukes...we are not that special..Get over it Edgar...

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco
So the genocide, murder, rape of children...all ok...just don't use nukes...we are not that special..Get over it Edgar...

Wait, haven't we done that in the past? Don't we still test them? But no, only when it is convenient for them aliens...

Hitler, 3rd world countries killing and raping their own, Hiroshima, Nagasaki and MANY more examples....Oh, they are waiting for the AMERICANS to be saved....Ahhh, it all makes sense now!

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
though Edgar is doubtlessly sincere in his 'peaceful' appraisal of ET, i'm afraid i don't share it. i believe in aliens and their having visited earth but i find their collusive secrecy with the military/space program a likely sign of sinister motivations. i don't trust them.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4
though Edgar is doubtlessly sincere in his 'peaceful' appraisal of ET, i'm afraid i don't share it. i believe in aliens and their having visited earth but i find their collusive secrecy with the military/space program a likely sign of sinister motivations. i don't trust them.
You mention aliens collusive secrecy as though it is a fact. It is far from fact as there is NOOOOO proof of this other than he said she said.

Without evidence, you are making a statement of faith.
edit on 14-8-2015 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod
Interesting he would say this now.

Tell me when they get into the Nazi stuff then I'll listen.

So the last week or so have seen the 70th anniversary of the last time nuclear weapons of that scale were used in anger - you don't think that may have been part of the reason he's quoted?

He's said many, many times he has no personal experience with ET, although he's inclined to believe it. That is his absolute prerogative, doesn't mean he's correct though.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Just judging from your anecdotal, rhetoric, you wouldn't be able to discern an "Alien" if they were standing right in front of you

No problem....Put one in front of me...

Let's go back to what was covered earlier. Any species capable of interstellar travel

Sure....Show me one....

also can do a good job in not leaving too many breadcrumbs behind for the banal.

Not even one....???? Sure I have blinders on....

Clues and queues are all around you

Fake youtube videos you mean? Oh Mars, Ceres, Titan, the Moon, come on now I can surely find something out there....

If you personally lack deduction and/or the acumen to connect dots, then it's not meant to be, nor ever will

AGAIN.....What dots? Show me just one DOT....I will circle it so I can connect just that one to itself for you

My advice, Ignore "alien" threads and go back to a less thought provoking sedentary.

Right back at ya....Your "logic" is beyond mine apparently, you know something we all don't...YOUTUBE YAY!!!!

This is coming from a guy, who lives and dies by a secular mythology concocted by peasants who lived in wooden shacks and straw huts in the desert 2000 years ago.

Monotheisic religions have as much evidence in reality as Puff the magic dragon. You got alot of nerve poo pooing these posters over aliens, when you and probably your whole genetic line hinge their own existence on fables cooked up to tenderize your brain and bridle your will.

Any mainstream proof, you won't except right? I guess when a small armada of flying discs was photographed and reported in multiple newspapers and counties, hovering over the White House, back in the Truman era, it was just some elaborate hoax? Frisbees? Swamp gas? Mass hysteria? Propaganda designed to scare Russian? All of those newspapers and photographers were in on a hoax. Gotcha.

All you need to do is absorb the information released by NASA current missions. Convenient technical issues, feigned ineptitude, B&W images, airbushing, lack of HD, the list goes on endlessly......

Do you realize you people had better telemetry and imaging presented to you back in the '70's, then you do now? This is from tech over 60 years old! Sure, let's keep feeding those idiot American the same B&W photos of the Moon, that we've been peddling for decades!

Here's a simple fix for you, your holiness. Go down to yer locale Crackerbarrel, and trade a few of your chickens and goats for a decent, high powered, amateur telescope. "Go on duh YouTube, hu-huh!", and find a how to video on rigging the inendated, overpriced spyglass that only comes in greyscale, for color HD. You may have to trade a few more of your livestock or your rosarybeads so you can purchase some fancy stuff from those Chinese, you get your brown spaghetti from.

Then go point it at the Moon. Be sure to wear your diapers, because I'd hate to see a good pair of Underoos got to waste....
edit on 14-8-2015 by trifecta because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

This is coming from a guy, who lives and dies by a secular mythology concocted by peasants who lived in wooden shacks and straw huts in the desert 2000 years ago.

AND there it is!!! So my religious beliefs belong in this alien forum? Okay I will go there.....Guess what? Over thousands of people VERIFIED Jesus on Earth.....Show me one alien...

Crickets will be a chirpin again.....Thanks for making this about religion as well, typical alien defense tactic when asked for PROOF....But but you believe in Jesus.....PFFT

Any mainstream proof, you won't except right? I guess when a small armada of flying discs was photographed and reported in multiple newspapers and counties, hovering over the White House, back in the Truman era, it was just some elaborate hoax? Frisbees? Swamp gas? Mass hysteria? Propaganda designed to scare Russian? All of those newspapers and photographers were in on a hoax. Gotcha

Mainstream proof?? Oh you mean you HEARD there was a UFO over the white house...Yeah me too...Independence day had one of those...PROVE IT!!!!

All you need to do is absorb the information released by NASA current missions. Convenient technical issues, feigned ineptitude, B&W images, airbushing, lack of HD, the list goes on endlessly......

Jim Oberg (our local NASA ATS member) has proven all this wrong (among many others on here)....NEXT

Do you realize you people had better telemetry and imaging presented to you back in the '70's, then you do now? This is from tech over 60 years old! Sure, let's keep feeding those idiot American the same B&W photos of the Moon, that we've been peddling for decades!

Yeah those plates thrown in the air where photoshopped differently then....Your point?

Here's a simple fix for you, your holiness. Go down to yer locale Crackerbarrel, and trade a few of your chickens and goats for a decent, high powered, amateur telescope. "Go on duh YouTube, hu-huh!", and find a how to video on rigging the inendated, overpriced spyglass comes in greyscale, for color HD. You may have to trade a few more of your livestock or your rosarybeads so you can purchase some fancy stuff from those Chinese, you get your brown spaghetti from.

Okay attack me for asking to provide proof.....You just keep on hoping for them aliens to come.....

Then go point it at the Moon. Be sure to wear your diapers, because I'd hate to see a good pair of Underoos got to waste....

Aww....Someone is upset because they have no proof? It's okay I knew you had none, nor could provide any....Simpleton

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I guess when a small armada of flying discs was photographed and reported in multiple newspapers and counties, hovering over the White House, back in the Truman era, it was just some elaborate hoax?

You could have used the Delbert Newhouse footage too. There are quite a few decent examples of 'unidentified' objects in the historical record. The thing is, at which point does someone conclude 'aliens' and then infer enough of their motivation to describe them as 'good aliens' or 'peaceful?'

That's the sticking point here.

I mean, isn't it hard enough judging the motivations of our own leaders? What of our 'humanitarian missions' in Third World countries? It's hard to know the moral compass with all that, right? So how can anyone know what an unknown, unproven intelligence is thinking?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Nope.. not convinced of your conspiracy theory.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join