It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA astronaut Edgar Mitchell in MSM saying aliens came here to prevent nuclear war

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   

If there are non-terrestrial beings here on earth or visiting the planet, they would certainly be more advanced than us, but why would they come to Earth? It can't be for the resources, as they will already have the technological knowledge to mine lifeless planets, and as for invasion reasons, they would have already have completed it. The other more practicable and logical reason for their presence is that of non-interventionary observance.

Motive? An easy extrapolation.

Acedemic study? The search of new artistic expression,? An outlet to exercise personal demons? Schadenfreude? A subordinate who wants to play God, or has lofty ambitions? Earth is a giant cockfight/ interactive game, whorehouse, reality show, vacation destination, or any source of entertainment for them? Philanthropic? They're looking for fugitives among Earth's populous? Earth is a defective link in a chain that needs realignment? A resource unbenounced to humanity, they're farming? Slave planet? Recruitment station? Prevent or groom a prophesy?

All the above? Either way even when revelations are made, you'll never be certain. The motives are endless.
edit on 16-8-2015 by trifecta because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: amicktd

You did miss something. You must answer a survey question (just 1) to access the full article.

To the OP,

My favorite UFO stories come from ex military who were attached to nuclear weapon silos and their stories of UFOs shutting down said nukes.

There's a family friend who was a commander at one of those bases and he got to experience the nuclear shutdown. He would never speak much about it, basically said he wasn't allowed to but he did eventually tell me that it's a certainty we aren't alone.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco
So the genocide, murder, rape of children...all ok...just don't use nukes...we are not that special..Get over it Edgar...

I think they only care about things that can impact the entire planet. Genocides are largely confined to a single nation, and even when they happen they only kill a group of people. They don't really impact the survival of the species.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
If the UFO flaps were actually caused by aliens, they sort of effed up on the Prime Directive ethos...

The prime directive as we know it isn't quite accurate. I think they do to us what we do to animals around the globe. Scientists study animals, they'll abduct them, perform some medical tests, tag them, and release them. They don't really care about being seen by the group, but they only stick around as little as possible so as to not interfere. If some of those tagged animals get eaten by a predator, oh well, it wasn't their place or job to step in and protect it, but if the entire species were going to disappear some would probably be taken into captivity or otherwise saved.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Outrageo

I just couldn't live with myself posting a link to the daily mail.
A paper that supported Hitler running up to the second world war.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein
a reply to: trifecta

This is coming from a guy, who lives and dies by a secular mythology concocted by peasants who lived in wooden shacks and straw huts in the desert 2000 years ago.

AND there it is!!! So my religious beliefs belong in this alien forum? Okay I will go there.....Guess what? Over thousands of people VERIFIED Jesus on Earth.....Show me one alien...

Crickets will be a chirpin again.....Thanks for making this about religion as well, typical alien defense tactic when asked for PROOF....But but you believe in Jesus.....PFFT

Any mainstream proof, you won't except right? I guess when a small armada of flying discs was photographed and reported in multiple newspapers and counties, hovering over the White House, back in the Truman era, it was just some elaborate hoax? Frisbees? Swamp gas? Mass hysteria? Propaganda designed to scare Russian? All of those newspapers and photographers were in on a hoax. Gotcha

Mainstream proof?? Oh you mean you HEARD there was a UFO over the white house...Yeah me too...Independence day had one of those...PROVE IT!!!!

All you need to do is absorb the information released by NASA current missions. Convenient technical issues, feigned ineptitude, B&W images, airbushing, lack of HD, the list goes on endlessly......

Jim Oberg (our local NASA ATS member) has proven all this wrong (among many others on here)....NEXT

Do you realize you people had better telemetry and imaging presented to you back in the '70's, then you do now? This is from tech over 60 years old! Sure, let's keep feeding those idiot American the same B&W photos of the Moon, that we've been peddling for decades!

Yeah those plates thrown in the air where photoshopped differently then....Your point?

Here's a simple fix for you, your holiness. Go down to yer locale Crackerbarrel, and trade a few of your chickens and goats for a decent, high powered, amateur telescope. "Go on duh YouTube, hu-huh!", and find a how to video on rigging the inendated, overpriced spyglass comes in greyscale, for color HD. You may have to trade a few more of your livestock or your rosarybeads so you can purchase some fancy stuff from those Chinese, you get your brown spaghetti from.

Okay attack me for asking to provide proof.....You just keep on hoping for them aliens to come.....

Then go point it at the Moon. Be sure to wear your diapers, because I'd hate to see a good pair of Underoos got to waste....

Aww....Someone is upset because they have no proof? It's okay I knew you had none, nor could provide any....Simpleton

Sorry to inform you. There is never proof of anything. Only evidence.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
naah, works for me, Aliens instead of God, dont believe it though. But its more sustainable, just make a story about cern tapping into another dimension, finding "evolved" 33rd or 7th dimension beings, i think they could fake with the CGI a stargate, another world. I dont know, just cocktail whatever a GOOD SCRIPTWRITER WRITES

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

Okay, show me one alien and I will show you God immediately following...

Here you go...

Can't wait to see God.

Neither can I.....He may look a little different but same principle either way:

Congrats on being a d-bag.....

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
So did the Alien use or show off any peace keeping weapons, or did the latter kick in?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Dude, do you even sleep?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

He was correct.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Dude, do you even sleep?

I wish buddy! Man the last 3 weeks I slept like 6 hours combined.....

Why you ask? Sick of me already?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I agree the article does read like a tabloid and if he was honestly quoted like that recently it sounds like a conclusion he has come to from following Ufology over the years.

If this scenario is true maybe ET are picking and choosing which attacks to prevent and which ones to proceed for they're own strategic reasons.

Not including wars, we are polluting our planet immensely...ET's don't prevent massive oil spills and deforestation, etc..

Even with all the tabloid hogwash in Ufology I still don't think it debunks the idea that other advanced lifeforms in our galaxy are doing the exact same thing we are only many 100's, 1000's, 10,000's, or millions of years more advanced than us.

Maybe ET's did prevent a few nuclear wars that saved the planet, how would we know?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: Aazadan

He was correct.

I have no reason to doubt him, in order to protect his anonymity as he's never gone public I won't say which base it was, but there's a lot of UFO mythology around it which adds to his credibility in my opinion. But that shouldn't be anything new, a lot of high level military men have essentially said there's something to the UFO's though they've never said what... it's easy enough to read between the lines.
edit on 18-8-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Well you asked for a picture of an alien.

Guess you should have been more specific.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Well you asked for a picture of an alien.

Guess you should have been more specific.

Right back at ya homes.....

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

originally posted by: FinalCountdown

UFO, spaceships and imaginary gods.
The ufos are not impressed with your logic.

Yay...Another smart butt like me....Hehe

We gots us enough of us around here that's for dang sure!

God isn't impressed by your logic either....

But I am so impressed...how dare you speak on my behalf.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Edgar Mitchell is part of the soft disclosure movement, when people say "the truth is out there" all you have to do is listen to folks like Mitchell with an open mind.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr X

I can confirm that UFOs have affected our missile systems. I was attached to Hill AFB, UT, which was the depot for the Minuteman missile and was the reason why my base became involved in investigations involving incidents where UFOs shutdown our missiles.

Malmstrom AFB experienced multiple UFO incursions in 1967, and again in 1975 involving their Minuteman missiles. In 1975, Air Force F-106 interceptors were scrambled when UFOs were sighted over Minuteman missile fields. A report was written by Lt. Col. Lewis D. Chase, on one of the Malmstrom AFB UFO incidents and he also the pilot of an RB-47 that was trailed over multiple states by a UFO.

Here is his report on one of the Malmstrom AFB incidents and notice he mentions a landing.

DEPARTMENT OF THE AIR FORCE
HEADQUARTERS 341ST COMBAT SUPPORT GROUP (SAC)
MALMSTROM AIR FORCE BASE, MT 590402

REPLY TO
ATTN OF: BO 3 July 1967

SUBJECT: UFO Observations, Malmstrom AFB Area

to: Colonel James C. Manatt (lettered TDET/UFO)
HQ Foreign Technology Division (AFSC)
Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio 45433

1. Reference TDET/UFO letter dated 30 June 1967 on above subject.

2. This office has no knowledge of equipment malfunctions and abnormalities in equipment during the period of reported UFO sightings. No validity can be established to the statement that a classified government experiment was in progress or that military and civilian personnel were requested not to discuss what they had seen.

3. A written report on the events that transpired during the alleged UFO reported landing on 24 March 1967, fully documents all findings by the investigating officer. A copy of this report was forwarded to your office on 3 April 1967.

4. If we can be of further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to write.

FOR THE COMMANDER

LEWIS D. CHASE, Lt Colonel, USAF
Chief, Operations Division

In addition, you will find this report by Robert Kaminski, Lead Boeing Investigator into one of the Malmstrom AFB UFO incidents.

Robert Kaminski's Letter

“Since this was a field site peculiar incident, a determination was made to send out an investigation team to survey the LCF [Echo Launch Control Facility] and the LFs [Launch Facilities, or silos] to determine what failures or related incidents could be found to explain the cause. The team was made up of qualified engineers and technicians headed by scientific person who was a glaciologist. There were about 5 persons in all that were sent out. After a week in the field the team returned and pooled their data. At the outset the team quickly noticed a lack of anything that would come close to explain why the event occurred. There were no significant failures, engineering data or findings that would explain how ten missiles were knocked off alert. This indeed turned out to be a rare event and not encountered before. The use of backup power systems and other technical system circuit operational redundancy strongly suggests that this kind of event is virtually impossible once the system was up and running and on line with other LCF's and LF's interconnectivity.

[After months of investigation,] the team met with me to report their findings and it was decided that the final report would have nothing significant in it to explain what happened at E-Flight. In other words there was no technical explanation that could explain the event. The team went off to do the report. Meanwhile I was contacted by our representative at OOAMA (Don Peterson) and told by him that the incident was reported as being a UFO event—That a UFO was seen by some Airmen over the LCF [sic] at the time E-Flight went down.

Subsequently, we were notified a few days later, that a stop work order was on the way from OOAMA to stop any further effort on this project. We stopped. We were also told that we were not to submit the final engineering report. This was most unusual since all of our work required review by the customer and the submittal of a final Engineering report to OOAMA.”

www.theufochronicles.com...

Another such incident at Minot AFB, involved a close flyby of the UFO by a B-52, whose co-pilot looked inside the UFO as they flew near the object. The radar image of that UFO was also photographed.

Minot AFB UFO Encounter

In the early morning hours of 24 Oct. 1968, United States Air Force (USAF) maintenance and security personnel stationed within the Minuteman, Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) complex surrounding Minot AFB, North Dakota, observed one—and at times—two UFOs. The Minot Base Operations dispatcher initiated radio communications with personnel reporting in the field, Minot, Radar Approach Control (RAPCON), and the crew of a returning B-52H aircraft.

RAPCON alerted the pilots to the location of a UFO, which the B-52 navigator observed on the radarscope maintaining a three-mile distance throughout a standard 180° turnaround. As the B-52 started its descent back to Minot AFB, the UFO appeared to close distance to one mile at a high-rate of speed, pacing the aircraft for nearly 20 miles before disappearing off the radarscope. Both B-52 UHF radios would not transmit during the close radar encounter with the UFO and radarscope film was recorded.

Shortly afterwards, RAPCON provided vectors for the B-52 to overfly a stationary UFO on or near the ground. After turning onto the downwind leg of the traffic pattern, the pilots observed a large, illuminated UFO ahead of the aircraft for several minutes, before turning onto the base leg over the UFO while observing it at close range. After the B-52 landed, both outer and inner-zone intrusions alarms were activated at the remote missile Launch Facility Oscar-7. The duration of reported observations was over three hours.

USAF Strategic Air Command, Offutt AFB, Nebraska, initiated inquiries. In the weeks following, staff at USAF Project Blue Book, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio, completed a final case report mandated by Air Force Regulation 80-17.

minotb52ufo.com...

Flying saucers also affected the missiles of Russia.

Soviet Nukes and UFOs

"For a short time," retired Air Force Colonel Boris Sokolov told ABC TV News Moscow correspondent David Ensor, "signal lights on both the control panels suddenly turned on, the lights showing that missiles were preparing for launching. This could normally only happen if an order was transmitted from Moscow." As director of the Ministry of Defense's effort for "research into the field of anomalous phenomena in the atmosphere and in outer space," Sokolov became a member of the four-man commission set up to investigate the so-called Usovo case.

. Major Kataman did not see the UFOs flying above because he was, at the time, on shift in the underground bunker. But what he did see was, militarily speaking, the stuff of nightmares in his line of work.

edit on 21-8-2015 by skyeagle409 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: iksmodnad

Edgar Mitchell is part of the soft disclosure movement, when people say "the truth is out there" all you have to do is listen to folks like Mitchell with an open mind.

Yes indeed! My flying buddy, Lt. Col. James C. Warren, was on the flight crew that flew the Apollo 14 astronauts back to Texas from Pago Pago after completion of their moon flight.

Ed Mitchell and I, share the same view on Roswell as well. I believe that ET is sending us a message because nukes are very dangerous to say the least. Not many people are aware that there were multiple cases where the world came to within seconds of a global nuclear war and people of planet earth went to bed thinking it was just another normal day.

In one case, Soviet satellites were to blame for setting off alarms of a nuclear attack in progress and it was a cool-headed Soviet officer that saved mankind that day despite the alarms screaming everywhere. All he had to do was to place his finger on the button and we would have been history.

Amazingly, he was not the officer who was scheduled for duty that day, so I wondered what would have happened if the actual scheduled officer was on duty instead.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join