It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA astronaut Edgar Mitchell in MSM saying aliens came here to prevent nuclear war

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
it might be alien 'tools' used to disable nuclear weapons, not alien beings
aliens might sniff them out like dogs sensing when a cat's around?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Buddy, I wasn't arguing the cultural impact on something.....I asked you at least 5 times for any proof, you came back with cultural impact on something that was recognized as different, but UFO? Movies, and other examples....How am I not replying to exactly what you were saying?

I wasn't arguing just to argue.....(like usual...:devil

Seriously just was asking for a serious answer and you can understand my frustration when movies/Hollywood come up, or cultural impact....Sorry I thought a response was warranted, I meant no disrespect for your answer.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: blacktie
it might be alien 'tools' used to disable nuclear weapons, not alien beings
aliens might sniff them out like dogs sensing when a cat's around?

People do actually believe this....Now we have bomb sniffing aliens?

I am leaving before all my posts get deleted.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein
a reply to: Kokatsi

Indeed, galaxies are so far away - as science has discovered - that at our present state of knowledge we can't physically cross them.

You know we have been outside of our galaxy? Not personally but voyager 1....news.nationalgeographic.com...

We did physically cross our galaxy...Unless I am missing something?

But they are further out there....Right?

So you called these aliens in your imagination and your last post called them angels/advisors/guides now....?

I don't know if you are trying to prove aliens or not...Sorry

Voyager has left the solar system, a long, long way from leaving the milky way.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

i qualified my statements with both 'i believe' and 'i find' i don't consider either prefix to constitute 'factual'.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

Here weee go /cracks knuckles

AND there it is!!! So my religious beliefs belong in this alien forum? Okay I will go there.....Guess what? Over thousands of people VERIFIED Jesus on Earth.....Show me one alien...

OMG! You've got me! I'm exposed! Clever, one you are....

YES! Most definitively, your beliefs do come into question when you want to lampoon posters over "imaginary beings", when ironically, you the pot, is calling the kettle black. Suck it up buttercup. Wake up an' smell the coffee.

Oh really? 1000 people? Wow that's a lot. That's more people then an alien can count on their fingers and toes combined! I couldn't care less if 10,000 witness Elvis in the desert 2000 yeas ago! The FACT is that most, if not all were illiterate and uneducated nomads bearing "witness". Who vetted and verified their accountability and legitimacy? The mosquitos? Sure let's just rely on a bunch of long dead strangers, and trust that their every word lacked motive, embellishment, sarcasm, irony, or any other influencial human condition, that may sully 300 years of loosely strew fables, from a cavalcade of authors, passing down stories like telephone. That makes perfect sense to rely on life and death decisions, in light of that angle.

Sure trillions upon trillion of perpetual souls are destined for fairyland in the clouds for eternity in inexplicable bliss, just for a few decades of your life and accepting Christ as your savior! Sounds like a GREAT DEAL! The thing markets itself!

People can show you, what they consider proof. It doesn't mean my standard of proof is in alignment. Who says my "proof" originates from the internet? Maybe I met an alien. Maybe I personally know an alien. Maybe I kicked an aliens arse. Maybe I'm the alien. It means nothing over the internet.

I can tell you I'm friends with Donald Trump. How do I verify that? Post a picture of me and The Donald? How do you know it's me? Should I go out and buy a newspaper with a screenshot of me posting on this thread, while shaking Donald's hand?

Get real man. Unless a person can show you proof in the flesh, or with your own eyes (minus media), there is no solid proof that will satisfy you. Do think someone's going to drop by your local coffeeshop and meet you for proof? Again, why should anyone waste that time and energy. You're lucky I've got time to kill, otherwise I wouldn't dignify any of your quibble.

Mainstream proof?? Oh you mean you HEARD there was a UFO over the white house...Yeah me too...Independence day had one of those...PROVE IT!!!!

Heard? Heard?! How old are you? You must be a kid. For a while, you were able to SEE the article and photos in various archive newspapers at state libraries. With very little research, you can find them online from official sources. Something you should spend more time on, rather than mocking posters all day with predictable drivel.

Jim Oberg (our local NASA ATS member) has proven all this wrong (among many others on here)....NEXT

"Jim Oberg, Jim Oberg!" Whoopty-f'ing-doo! HE WORKS FOR NASA!!! THAT SAYS IT ALL! They're all paid liars, like politicians. These guys sign extreme NDAs. Any of them who break clause get blacklisted, sued, threatened with jailtime, have to leave their profession, have family members harassed, or even...duh, duhn, duuuuh: /whisper-disappear!

You can't trust any of them! They will be remembered in history as frauds, charlatans, and parasites for the disservice they did to humanity. The Human record will not forget their transgressions in repressing your culture for the status quo and the arrogant cancers that jealously guard secrets of this magnitude. These people are in collusion with groups who want to keep the world at large, feudal. You want ATS goers to trust sociopaths like this?

Why don't you ask good Ol' Jim, why over 70 NASA employees have died in "accidents and suicides" in the past two year? Kinda high for such a small demographic, no? Also find out why a rash of veteran NASA scientist, some with over 25 years under their belt, are leaving the program in droves over a new NDA? And how Washington is spinning it as "federal spending cuts".

I'd love to hear his response.

Yeah those plates thrown in the air where photoshopped differently then....Your point?

Eh? What does that have to do with the text you quoted?

Okay attack me for asking to provide proof.....You just keep on hoping for them aliens to come.....

Attacking you? No, no, no. I'm defending the folks here that you are heckling over hypotheticals. Maybe you're used to bullying kids on the interwebs, who don't put up a fight. Maybe it strokes your ego, to think your arguement trumps. You' re no different then some of the other naysayers, disinformation muppets, and morons who call anyone who isn't Southern Baptism/Protestant White, demons or devils. Sanctimonious tripe.

Do yourself a favor. Ask Pope Francis, and the Jesuits over at the LUCIFER telescope in the Mount Graham Observatory, why they keep making outrageous statements about baptizing aliens or accepting them as your brothers and sisters of the Universe. And ask them why, at times they need to wait an hour or more to look at the stars from their fancy telescope. Ask them what's it their line of sight?

edit on 14-8-2015 by trifecta because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

a reply to: Kokatsi

Indeed, galaxies are so far away - as science has discovered - that at our present state of knowledge we can't physically cross them.

You know we have been outside of our galaxy? Not personally but voyager 1....news.nationalgeographic.com...

We did physically cross our galaxy...Unless I am missing something?

But they are further out there....Right?

So you called these aliens in your imagination and your last post called them angels/advisors/guides now....?

I don't know if you are trying to prove aliens or not...Sorry

You're definitely missing something: the difference between a solar system and a galaxy.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

if we 'lost' touch with Voyager because of the extreme distance involved doesnt mean it wasn't picked-up by aliens before leaving our solar system, just an idea

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I'm conflicted ....who to believe?

An astronount with bonafide credentials and at least some connection to people in the military that might know about UFOs....

Or our resident internet debunkers that have no credentials for much of anything other than an ATS membership.

Help me out here....

Either one has no proof so pick your poison....

Just remember your thoughts on other topics before choosing....

Perhaps you should follow your own advice if this thread and others is any indication.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I'm not surrendering this as evidence of "proof". I have my own proof. But this guys is pretty entertaining at the pulpit and isn't bad at reverse editing digital images:

Technothanks

Here's also some preliminary video of amateur astronomy of the Moon that's pretty popular:

Celestial: The Movie

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: trifecta

Oh really? 1000 people? Wow that's a lot. That's more people then an alien can count on their fingers and toes combined! I couldn't care less if 10,000 witness Elvis in the desert 2000 yeas ago! The FACT is that most, if not all were illiterate and uneducated nomads bearing "witness". Who vetted and verified their accountability and legitimacy? The mosquitos? Sure let's just rely on a bunch of long dead strangers, and trust that their every word lacked motive, embellishment, sarcasm, irony, or any other influencial human condition, that may sully 300 years of loosely strew fables, from a cavalcade of authors, passing down stories like telephone. That makes perfect sense to rely on life and death decisions, in light of that angle.

can anyone of your thousands VERIFY aliens? NOPE....Go away now, I am not turning this into another religious debate...we can do it on another thread....Feel free to join me in any religion thread I am in to debate further...

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: trifecta

I have my own proof

Just won't share it here, eh? Haha, that's funny...We trust you

You're lucky I've got time to kill, otherwise I wouldn't dignify any of your quibble.

Whew...I was worried you had no time...On an internet forum
edit on 8/14/2015 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

Attacking you? No, no, no. I'm defending the folks here that you are heckling over hypotheticals. Maybe you're used to bullying kids on the interwebs, who don't put up a fight. Maybe it strokes your ego, to think your arguement trumps. You' re no different then some of the other naysayers, disinformation muppets, and morons who call anyone who isn't Southern Baptism/Protestant White, demons or devils. Sanctimonious tripe.

Hence your reply as well....Some people will understand...You probably not but some will

Do yourself a favor. Ask Pope Francis, and the Jesuits over at the LUCIFER telescope in the Mount Graham Observatory, why they keep making outrageous statements about baptizing aliens or accepting them as your brothers and sisters of the Universe. And ask them why, at times they need to wait an hour or more to look at the stars from their fancy telescope. Ask them what's it their line of sight?

Are you completely out of your mind? Baptizing aliens.....I don't follow any POPE by the way....Again, for another thread but I am not part of that crowd, sorry...

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I'm conflicted ....who to believe?

An astronount with bonafide credentials and at least some connection to people in the military that might know about UFOs....

Or our resident internet debunkers that have no credentials for much of anything other than an ATS membership.

Help me out here....

Either one has no proof so pick your poison....

Just remember your thoughts on other topics before choosing....

Perhaps you should follow your own advice if this thread and others is any indication.

Why do you think I said that? Sorry thought you picked that up IMMEDIATELY....My bad bro

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

Okay, I was assuming the reports/studies were common knowledge.

There were two studies that came before Project Sign that have been lost. We only know they existed because they've been referenced in official docs of the time. So Project Sign came 'first,' followed by Project Grudge in '49 that was renamed Project Blue Book in '52. It ran through to the 60s and ended with the release of the Condon Report in '69. These were conducted by the USAF with CIA oversight.

Of these, Sign originally concluded the reports were inter-planetary. This was changed by the time of Grudge when conclusions tended towards no defence significance etc. This carried over to Blue Book where despite over 1600 'unidentified' the conclusions were misperceptions, hoaxes and no scientific benefit of further study.

Another study was conducted by the US Navy although no files have ever turned up. We know there was one because it was mentioned in official correspondence.

Over in Europe there was the Flying Saucer Working Party (UK), through the Ministry of Defence. France, Spain and Italy fielded similar projects too.

People are often highly dismissive of this period of time without knowing how much impact the reports caused. Even if it was entirely imaginary, it led to official research groups, civilian groups, massive media coverage and a practically new genre of fiction.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Yes I am aware of those "reports".....studies whatever you want to call them....Here I will sum it up for you in one sentence from the "report"

Our general conclusion is that nothing has come from the study of UFOs in the past 21 years that has added to scientific knowledge

I mean seriously....Not arguing but why have reports if NOTHING can honestly come from them? Just to please the public?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr X

I think Edgar Mitchel is a CIA asset or active "soldier". His mingle with the "alternative" crowd will give him information on who is close to the truth. No matter if this info is about free energy devices or alien encounters, as soon as someone touches the truth others will take measures to keep it from reaching mainstream media or scientist. I also think he inject the world with false information if the situation for some reason needs to be "neutralized". I think that he thinks that his motives to be such an cia agent are in his view honorable..patriotic as you will... he is serving to common good of the people on this planet.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I think Edgar Mitchel is a CIA asset or active "soldier". His mingle with the "alternative" crowd will give him information on who is close to the truth. No matter if this info is about free energy devices or alien encounters, as soon as someone touches the truth others will take measures to keep it from reaching mainstream media or scientist. I also think he inject the world with false information if the situation for some reason needs to be "neutralized". I think that he thinks that his motives to be such an cia agent are in his view honorable..patriotic as you will... he is serving to common good of the people on this planet.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

he is serving to common good of the people on this planet.

If you consider delusions being shared with people good....?

If he wanted to reach the "people" he would come with some sort of evidence instead of empty platitudes....My nickels worth anyways...

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
You do know the Mirror is the online version of the Daily Mirror? It's a tabloid. There're a few others, like the Daily Expres and Daily Mail. It might be a real story, but it's not rigorously confirmed and investigated. So when you go to these websites, you're never sure what you're getting.

But Edgar Mitchell has been saying these things for probably 30 years. Is no surprise. He's a cracker. It proves just because someone is a professional (or an astronaut) doesn't mean they're credible or rational.
edit on 14-8-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Stories about ET disabling nuclear missiles has always interested me. People speak of it as though they suspect that ET was intentionally disabling those missiles. Yet, those weapons were reported to have come back online later. Yet, the stereotypical UFO report previously tended to involve electronics malfunctioning if not being outright disabled until the UFO moved off. That would be suggestive of ETs equipment radiating an energy which is disruptive to our technologies. That's, however, likely inadvertent. It's not evidence of intent, let alone is it evidence of opposition to our nuclear arsenal.

When I hear people claiming that ET is in favor of nuclear disarmament or peace, I'm reminded of the missle claims, when then in turn reminds me of primitive man assuming thunder and natural disasters are the actions of a supreme being smiting them for one reason or another.

Me, I need more than a little rainstorm to convince me that an ultra advanced extraterrestrial species is disabling our nuclear weapons in protest, only to return control of them to us shortly later.
edit on 14-8-2015 by Navarro because: Typo.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join