It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I take down my flag will you pull up your pants?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
No need to vote!
You have the best rant title EVER.
Genius!

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I've always loved this explanation...

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark
Oh word, G!
Yo, you took the words right out my mowf!
Star for you, Homey!

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Same as a picture, upload it then copy n paste the BBcode for use in post:

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Dude, that was a good rant. My pants usually sag, not because I am in fashion of any sort, but my ass fell off a few years back and it's been a bit of an issue since then. Sorry about that.

But you can take a bit of humor with you as you watch the "saggers". The whole thing started with inmates advertising their backside was "open for quick business". So while your rough looking crowd is looking snazzy with their BVD's showing, you can smile, and know what they don't.

That tidbit was given to me from a prison guard. He laughs to when he sees them.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
Sagging pants have long been a symbol of anti-authority, anti-America, and criminality.

The practice started in American prisons and has enabled a "convict" mentality to spread from inside of prisons to the outside world.

Every single day gangbangers and criminals rape, murder, and rob wearing this uniform.

I'm tired of people claiming they want to end oppression when all they really want is to be the oppressors.

I'm tired of people claiming the want to end exploitation when all they really want is to do the exploiting.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Your entire post is ridiculous.... You do realize that a large portion of all races do the sagging thing...it's a product of growing up in the 90's (lmao) not being black...

It would be fair to ask to stop all the "black pride, brown pride and white power " stuff. Those are fair and no real difference between them and the confederate flag.

But sagging pants?!?! Really...

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Greathouse

Funny funny funny. The only way it might have been funnier is if the guys in the vid were white-boy wannbes.

That would've been funny. But one of the most refreshing things I found about the video . Was that those men made that video their selves. Having a laugh at your own expense is sometimes the greatest joke of all .
edit on 25-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Sure.

Cause saggy pants are hilariously more important than one of the most significant periods of American history.

-Tenth

If you can't laugh at all this it will make you pop blood vessels.

Plus, we decided to just pretend all that bad stuff didn't happen. It's all good now.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Thank you I actually understood that !

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Entreri06

Sagging pants have long been a symbol of anti-authority, anti-America, and criminality.

The practice started in American prisons and has enabled a "convict" mentality to spread from inside of prisons to the outside world.

Every single day gangbangers and criminals rape, murder, and rob wearing this uniform.

I'm tired of people claiming they want to end oppression when all they really want is to be the oppressors.

I'm tired of people claiming the want to end exploitation when all they really want is to do the exploiting.

Your entire post is ridiculous.... You do realize that a large portion of all races do the sagging thing...it's a product of growing up in the 90's (lmao) not being black...

It would be fair to ask to stop all the "black pride, brown pride and white power " stuff. Those are fair and no real difference between them and the confederate flag.

Please, the only one making this racial is you. White boy wanna bees are probably more guilty than most.
See you at the Flippity Flopity FLoop.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Dude, that was a good rant. My pants usually sag, not because I am in fashion of any sort, but my ass fell off a few years back and it's been a bit of an issue since then. Sorry about that.

But you can take a bit of humor with you as you watch the "saggers". The whole thing started with inmates advertising their backside was "open for quick business". So while your rough looking crowd is looking snazzy with their BVD's showing, you can smile, and know what they don't.

That tidbit was given to me from a prison guard. He laughs to when he sees them.

No sagging did not come from gays advertising in prison... It's commonly said but has no basis in reality. I've done more then my share of weekends in county. Gays are ostracized, picked on and sometimes raped. They are not now nor have they ever been people ANYONE immulated. Espeacially not the evangelical, anti gay black community. That's a commonly spread BS rumor prob started by some racist mad at gang culture. Who decided to feminize black thugs in the eyes of whoever their audience was.

I'm not making any statement tward you personally. It's a common "old wives tale". It's not like your the one who made it up. But still totally debunked.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Why is it okay to condemn the flag because racists used the flag. . .

. . . . . yet it is bad to condemn Islam when terrorists use Islam?

When has the Confederate flag ever been a symbol of peace and love towards fellow man? Never, that's when. Islam, on the other hand, has elements of peace and love for fellow man even as we speak.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Entreri06

Please, the only one making this racial is you. White boy wanna bees are probably more guilty than most.
See you at the Flippity Flopity FLoop.

Guilty of what?!? Having saggy pants?!? I was unaware that the African American community had adopted saggy pants as there personal symbol!! :p

I made NO comment on your personal opinions, just said it was a horrible example for a fair point.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Here's the snopes on saggy panda (I was spell corrected, but just couldn't bring myself to change it to pants, panda is just hilarious) just to bust a myth..

www.snopes.com...
edit on 25-6-2015 by Entreri06 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

The whole thing started with inmates advertising their backside was "open for quick business". So while your rough looking crowd is looking snazzy with their BVD's showing, you can smile, and know what they don't.

You do realize that's a complete load of crap, right? A poor attempt at propaganda from uptight people trying to make sagging 'uncool'.

It actually most likely started in l.a. Because they used to take the belt's and shoe laces from people when they where locked up, causing people to have 'sagging pants'. Gang members then just continued this jail look outside of prison.

Anyway.... sagging really has nothing to with black people or gang members these days. It really just is a pruduct of growing up in the 90's.

lol, kid's these days have no fashion sense whatsoever, walking around in skin tight jeans.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

The whole thing started with inmates advertising their backside was "open for quick business". So while your rough looking crowd is looking snazzy with their BVD's showing, you can smile, and know what they don't.

You do realize that's a complete load of crap, right? A poor attempt at propaganda from uptight people trying to make sagging 'uncool'.

It actually most likely started in l.a. Because they used to take the belt's and shoe laces from people when they where locked up, causing people to have 'sagging pants'. Gang members then just continued this jail look outside of prison.

Anyway.... sagging really has nothing to with black people or gang members these days. It really just is a pruduct of growing up in the 90's.

lol, kid's these days have no fashion sense whatsoever, walking around in skin tight jeans.

Hehe beat ya twice!!! First to the rely, then by actually posting the snopes!!

Victory!! (My life sucks I taken where I can get them :p)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Saggy pants in my house usually meant that a diaper was full.

Just sayin'

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

If this is the standard of debate and argument in the USA these days then things have got really, really bad.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Saggy pants in my house usually meant that a diaper was full.

Just sayin'

A diaper was full with a glock maybe..damn babies and there gang culture!!!

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I have to go with Abe on this one. I would much rather see a Confederate Flag than some thugs dirty underwear.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join