It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I take down my flag will you pull up your pants?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
...I don't understand the point of this thread whatsoever, not the relationship between sagging pants and the confederate flag...

The only possible connection would be you saying sagging your pants is a 'black' thing...so, we seem to be starting with a racial stereotype, nice...then I guess the argument is 'if we're gonna take this flag which for many is representative of black slavery, blacks should have to give something up I return.' Still not following a logically coherent process of thought, but best as I can tell that's the thinking. Seems kind of...nonsensical...is there logic that I missed?
edit on 25-6-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Abe Froman for President!!!!!

YAY!!!

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoadCourse

originally posted by: Entreri06

originally posted by: abe froman
Sagging pants have long been a symbol of anti-authority, anti-America, and criminality.

The practice started in American prisons and has enabled a "convict" mentality to spread from inside of prisons to the outside world.

Every single day gangbangers and criminals rape, murder, and rob wearing this uniform.

I'm tired of people claiming they want to end oppression when all they really want is to be the oppressors.

I'm tired of people claiming the want to end exploitation when all they really want is to do the exploiting.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Your entire post is ridiculous.... You do realize that a large portion of all races do the sagging thing...it's a product of growing up in the 90's (lmao) not being black...

It would be fair to ask to stop all the "black pride, brown pride and white power " stuff. Those are fair and no real difference between them and the confederate flag.

But sagging pants?!?! Really...

Dude/Lady,
At no point did OP single any race out.
Don't you at the least think the title is funny?

Then why equate it with a racial topic?

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hr2burn
I am not saying I believe the confederate flag equates to slavery, but and KKK paraphernalia can't be/won't be made illegal. Granted the state capital isn't flying it, but freedom is freedom regardless if others find it offensive.

And no one is saying it should be illegal to own or sport. Just shouldn't be glorifying a flag that represents segregation/treason on government land.

Really the confederate flag undeniably represents segregation and civil rights. It was barely used in the civil war and really wasn't flown again untile adopted by the anti-civil rights movement in the 50's and 60's.

But in no way does it lead back to some honerable historicness. I'm not saying that there aren't some who have placed that meaning on it. But the history is pretty black and white on it's place in history.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

please dont ban saggy pants - they are important , because :

they let you know the ass inside them is an idiot

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco

But it's origins are homosexual in nature and if these kidz knew that, I think it would sort the issue over night.

Layer upon layers of ignorance and bigotry in one sentence... Congrats.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Entreri06

Gays are ostracized, picked on and sometimes raped.

Off topic , but what breed of straight person is doing the raping .

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

I'm sorry if this comes off ass me sounding all high and mighty, but sagging pants and any other physical, behavioral, or verbal tendencies that go along with abhorrent behavior are a product of environment. Unless you are going to do something in the least bit to help kids, and not only kids but their families as well, so that they don't have to live in the environment that fosters these behaviors then there is no reason to rant about it.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: aeonminder

Actually no, it's true. It started in prisons as a way to show that you were another guys b*tch and that you had his and his group's protection in case of conflict.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Gays are ostracized, picked on and sometimes raped.

Off topic , but what breed of straight person is doing the raping .

Rape is about power not sex. (According to every psychologist I've ever heard of).

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Enlil2215

Actually no, it's true. It started in prisons as a way to show that you were another guys b*tch and that you had his and his group's protection in case of conflict.

Actually it's an old wives tale. There is a link to the article snopes did on the subject. A commonly said old wives tale, but totally BS either way.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJourney

so, we seem to be starting with a racial stereotype, nice...

Exactly that. Apparently Islamaphobia works as a kind of justification for all this too

People definitely not at their best

edit on 6/26/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: distionary - at odds

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Sagging pants have long been a symbol of anti-authority, anti-America, and criminality.

Ironic considering the rest of the global community identifies sagging pants as a symbol and/or product of America. It did originate from a subculture within that society.

The practice started in American prisons and has enabled a "convict" mentality to spread from inside of prisons to the outside world.

Is that a conspiracy...or fact?

Every single day gangbangers and criminals rape, murder, and rob wearing this uniform.

I cannot relate to that reality. I only read about it on social media and the news in the foreign affairs section.

I'm tired of people claiming they want to end oppression when all they really want is to be the oppressors.

+

I'm tired of people claiming the want to end exploitation when all they really want is to do the exploiting.

...but that is their freewill to do so. To resent that (become tired of people claiming...) to the point of desiring to prevent those actions is to become an oppressor (hypocrite) yourself, despite the intention...

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

See...? You are no different than those you oppose...

edit on 26-6-2015 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Ah lol you learn something new everyday

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
abe froman

Sagging Pants. This was a poor family's need to pass down the line of children the clothes the older kids had outgrown - the cuffs were rolled up and belts were tightened. But the pants invariably sagged off the hips, especially if there was not enough to eat. Families of all colors employed this method to save money on clothes. Saggy pants was and is not a Black thing, or even a 'thug' thing.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enlil2215

No it didn't there is a snopes article on the subject confirming it. I feel ya. It's a commonly said thing, just 100% bs. With a totally unknowable origin. It came from prison, but prison gang culture.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   

I have to admit, it's been hilarious watching the meltdowns. You guys sound like little kids, pouting & complaining because you can't stay up late. This is sad.

And for the record, sagging pants existed waaaay before it became a style. Or do you not include the absolutely disgusting version of sagging pants known as "plumber's crack"?
Here's a google image search to make you puke up your last meal. Muahahahaha!

So why don't you get these guys to pull up their pants, then come talk to us. At least we have the decency to wear long shirts. (For what it's worth, I stopped sagging years ago. But I don't care if others still do it because I don't look in that region...)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

I always thought sagging pants were a symbol and sign of lost weight

Really? I always thought it was because the wearers spent all that money on their pants and didn't have enough money left over for a belt.

Either that or belts are so nineties. But then again pulling up your strides every ten steps could be considered a form of exercise...

"let 'em drop, pull 'em up! let 'em drop, pull 'em up!"

edit on 27-6-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Well, S&F because that was awesome!

As for the flag, people need to shut it already. It's a part of history, and isn't about racism at all. More about state's rights and a smaller government than anything else, but, hey, let's all go along with the power-mad, big government globalists, and call it "racist"!

Regarding the pants, I agree that it looks like a loaded diaper is in there. As for the origin, yes, it did start in prisons, and then moved to the gangs for easy concealment. Snopes isn't a valid site, because they are very politically motivated, and I have personally seen lies posted there. We aren't talking just a bad fit from hand=me-downs, either, but a deliberate wearing of pants several sizes too big, and hanging out underwear. It's frankly disgusting. A bad fit is different from deliberate choice.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
Well, S&F because that was awesome!

As for the flag, people need to shut it already. It's a part of history, and isn't about racism at all. More about state's rights and a smaller government than anything else, but, hey, let's all go along with the power-mad, big government globalists, and call it "racist"!

Regarding the pants, I agree that it looks like a loaded diaper is in there. As for the origin, yes, it did start in prisons, and then moved to the gangs for easy concealment. Snopes isn't a valid site, because they are very politically motivated, and I have personally seen lies posted there. We aren't talking just a bad fit from hand=me-downs, either, but a deliberate wearing of pants several sizes too big, and hanging out underwear. It's frankly disgusting. A bad fit is different from deliberate choice.

Well...you have a point. There is definitely a load of "it" in those pants, and I'm pretty sure nothing else.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join