It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White teen killed by black cop in Alabama mirrors Ferguson...yet no outrage

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thurisaz
a reply to: snarky412

that is weird. I am still trying to fathom this.

a 'Black Cop kills a White kid' and no outcry?

hmmm puzzling

maybe if a couple thousand white kids were killed by black cops in a 10 year period, a case could be made
edit on 30-11-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

hmmm puzzling

maybe if a couple thousand white kids were killed by black cops a year, a case could be made

a couple thousand in a year? I didn't know that many black unarmed teens have been being killed... What I find funny is that the black community is worried about officers, seeing as they kill a VERY small fraction of people within the community, but don't have a problem with ALL the black on black crimes...

Blacks are the BIGGEST threat to blacks, not white officers...

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

hmmm puzzling

maybe if a couple thousand white kids were killed by black cops a year, a case could be made

a couple thousand in a year? I didn't know that many black unarmed teens have been being killed... What I find funny is that the black community is worried about officers, seeing as they kill a VERY small fraction of people within the community, but don't have a problem with ALL the black on black crimes...

Blacks are the BIGGEST threat to blacks, not white officers...

my bad, I went back and changed it from 1 year to ten year.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Ok, that sounds better... hahaha

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I wonder how much people here condemning the Ferguson protesters have actually experienced being profiled and harassed by the police for no good reason, I imagine it would make anyone quite frustrated. Just for a second try imagine constantly being treated like that day in day out.

I would think the claim of police constantly abusing there powers is one of the major causes of frustration from most the Ferguson protesters, rather than it 'just' being about the specific shooting of Brown.

Anyway, there are some very clear differences to this case. Firstly, only one shot was fired, rather than 12 shoots being sprayed all over a busy street. Also, this Collar kid was in the middle of a psychotic episode and had just bitten a female bystander, where as no one has made the claim that Brown was having a psychotic episode.

But more importantly than all that and the underling difference in this case, is that a lot of people have claimed that Brown had his hands in the air and said "don't shoot". There is no claim that I can see that this collar kids did any such thing.

btw, just in case the people claiming double standards somehow missed it, there's a slogan these protesters have been repeating constantly since the Ferguson protests first started.

HANDS UP, DON'T SHOOT!

Whether this slogan holds true we will probably never know. But regardless, it's completely irrelevant to the double standards claim, since the point is the Ferguson protesters believe that Brown was trying to surrender.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I haven't been profiled as a minority, but when I was younger wearing tie dye shirts from Phish/Grateful Dead /Pink Floyd I was targeted as a druggy and harassed... It sucked, but I understand, because lots of those types do drugs... Now conversely, a lot of "thugs" are not thugs for no reason and profiled for no reason.. I don't see respectable, hard-working minorities being profiled, but the ones with their ass hanging out of their pants and acting like morons..

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DreamerOracle

What's the difference you ask?...... The difference is the Compassion felt by the race, meaning significant numbers of Caucasians don't feel the same emotion involved in a unlawful killing.

It's not double standards its just conditioning...

There is a difference between feeling compassion and feeling guilt. Let me know when you have learned the difference, young grasshopper.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Being profiled as a "druggy" as you put it, is being profiled as a minority.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

hmmm puzzling

maybe if a couple thousand white kids were killed by black cops in a 10 year period, a case could be made

Actually there are more white people killed by police officers every year then black people...

But Hey what do facts have to do with anything when there's an agenda to push
edit on 11/30/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Wow what a great post , you hit the nail on the head!

Star for u, I couldnt have summer it up as well as you did

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

What "animosity" dwells within you to take the time and energy to post this. It causes division. I do not see a White Vs. Black America, I see a small minority of ignorant mindless folks of all backgrounds making it out to be such. It's just one big mess.

Getting back to your OP -- Apply your same thought process of speaking about "fair" when looking at this photo. Keep in mind, it's America's problem....as a whole.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

What's ironic is if you took this entire post and switched the community w the cops you might have a grasp of the picture

The culture in these communities teaches their kids to have certain attitudes of the police and treat them the way they do too. Profiling them just like u say the cops do the blacks

I'm not trying to give cops a pass because police brutality and this thug like culture that's getting worse the then has to be stopped

However. People made excuses for the black community saying they only acted like this because of how they are perceived and treated like and profiled. So they lash out

Yet these same communities do this to the cops and it's not acceptable when the cops lash out

You can't have it both ways. The idiocy , brutality. And ignorance need to stop on both ends

Want to stop being a victim? Then STOP BEING A VICTIM

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I know this sounds insensitive, but black people are the main threat to black people... Black people kill each other at a MUCH higher rate than white officers...

This would be like me worrying more about Ebola then heart disease....

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

And what percent of the population do they make up?
Does that not matter?

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
I know this sounds insensitive, but black people are the main threat to black people... Black people kill each other at a MUCH higher rate than white officers...

This would be like me worrying more about Ebola then heart disease....

That's not incensitve its accurate. And many educated black people in the community have come out and said the same thing . However the media doesn't report that as much as the other cause it doesn't fit the cause.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

And what percent of the population do they make up?
Does that not matter?

www.rawstory.com...

Well that depends on if you are trying to make it fit into an agenda driven narrative of not......

If you're looking at facts then the point still stands. How can you claim to be targeted when clearly more police brutality is perpetuated against white people ....

I find it humorous that people only like to use the "minority" factor when it fits an agenda.......

This is a red flag that some people CHOOSE to perpetuate the misconceptions in an effort to continue the statusquo

they call us racist. I think the true racists are the ones who continue to keep them in the victim mentality.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

The way you refer to black people and group them all together makes me question whether you've actually ever met any black families and observed how they parent there kids.

Its been born into poverty and not been given a chance from the start that causes the behavior your talking about. White people can and do act the exact same way when exposed to the same circumstances.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Where's the outcry?

Yes, where's the outcry. Why did'nt the family of this youth stand up and holler for justice. Where were the neighbors and friends protesting in the street over police using excessive force? I guess there were none. Or at least not enough to garner any media attention at the time.

Where's the rage and the protestors?

Indeed. Might we surmise that this white teen had no family or friends who supported him? Can we draw any conclusions about the disregard with which white families hold their children? Though some might, I would not presume not.

What no looting and burning the town down all in the name of justice?

Oh come on here. Parents cry out in despair.
Protesters protest over social injustice.
Looters loot and use whatever cover or excuse they can find. When criminal acts are committed in the name of justice it has NOTHING to do with justice or the events surrounding it. You know , kinda like all those years of bombing Iraq in the name of freedom and democracy.

One more thing. This article is recent, but it dredges up an incident over two years old.
Why can we suppose this is? How about this as an answer.
The Washington Times is owned by and is a mouthpiece for, the now dead Korean Messiah, Sun Myung Moon. In purchasing the Times decades ago their ( his church) purpose was to infiltrate the US media and with the power of that media, influence thought and policies in the US that geared more closely to their stated goal of, (ready for this?) one world governance under the auspices of his church,(The Unification Church) and his descendants.

Outragious? Most certainly, but 100% true. Sure they now manage to cover this agenda with modest news stories and with any number of corporate names but rest assured, the W T promotes the radically conservative agenda of that Church. Not with every word, not with every article, but when they want to slant some national opinion in a way that will serve their purposes, remember those purposes I posted a paragraph ago?, they do. And by dredging up a two year old incident like they have done here, I would bet my bottom dollar it was to to what it could to confuse the national debate over the developing police state in the US, by obfuscating the issue even more with the red herring of black racism.

Normally Snarky, I do not come into threads that have hit the top of the charts here on ATS, as most times I have little to add to any discussion that has gone on for this long( or any thread for that matter). However in this case, I just thought you might like to know more about where your are getting your information. Have a nice day and don't let the pricks wig you out.

Yours

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

The way you refer to black people and group them all together makes me question whether you've actually ever met any black families and observed how they parent there kids.

Its been born into poverty and not been given a chance from the start that causes the behavior your talking about. White people can and do act the exact same way when exposed to the same circumstances.

Do you fancy me some rich man in a house on the hill looking down in the heathens below me ?

Or maybe some backwoods white guy whose never been to town?

No the way I talk about black people is through the lens of someone who has worked with many many many minority families . I worked in the Medicaid and Medicare system for quite a while.

But thanks for trying to discredit what I said. NOT by its merit. But my trying to target me personally

Two your second point. Growing up in poverty is not an excuse to perpetuate that poverty.

Again if you look at poverty levels there aee more white people that fall into that category then the black community...

Again when the victim mentality stops and people stop enabling this mentality. Then maybe the cultural paradigm in these communities will change ...

Even all this considered. In every person regardless of color is an inherent sense of right and wrong.

Regardless of how you grow up. You know torching and looting your neighbors source to put food on the table for his family is wrong

Complain about injustice and then commit injustice AGAINST those who otherwise would be standing w you...there is no excuse for that....

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
My own personal observation has been that whites tend to be obedient sheep more than blacks in cases like this. Whites tend to accept and defend police brutality, even when it hits one of their own. Whites tend to support cops pretty blindly as a whole. The fact that no charges or demands for secondary investigations into this shooting have been made just strengthens my opinion in this matter.

The reason no backlash was made is because no one will make the backlash for him.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join