It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White teen killed by black cop in Alabama mirrors Ferguson...yet no outrage

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: 3u40r15m

Quit trolling. Some of us expressed opinions based off our interpretation of the evidence presented. Some of us even have some knowledge of law and legal proceedings to draw from. Just because you disagree and have a different opinion doesn't make either side more or less right.

That being said, given the relatively brief explanation of what happened in this case, I would think the officer had no, or sketchy at best, grounds for lethal force.

And no, his race has nothing to do with it.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

/sigh

You stated:

This is proof that the *MSM/Washington D.C.* culture controls everything.

They effectively select what they want you to react to.

These are your words. Your "logic." You don't have any idea about your own statement?

If the MSM/Washington DC Culture (whatever that may be) "controls everything" then it controls you as well, right?

You said it. Did you misspeak? Lie? Were you momentarily possessed by alien entities?

What do you mean, precisely, by the "MSM/Washington DC Culture"?

What are examples?

How are they controlling "everything"?

And finally, are you really saying that you think that some kind of media-based-mind-control is responsible for the lack of outrage among the White community over the young man's shooting by the Black cop?

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Want an actual legitimate answer to this question ? Don't know if anyone said this yet but here it is: Because in situations like these black people side with black people, and white people side with police. That simple. If you're white and a cop shoots you, no black people are going to stand up and speak for you, and (almost) no white people will either they'll be too busy giving a cop a medal after his parade and before his flight to Hawaii on his paid vacation.

If there's one thing i cant stand it's the people who immediately jump on the police bandwagon when these things happen. What ever happened to questioning authority? Now most people can't imagine questioning something a policemen says.

Hell, does anyone remember the story where a "police officer" called the McDonalds and they made the 16 yo girl undress and give oral sex to a grown man because a cop (who wasnt a cop, duh) called them on the phone and told them to do so? Yes, there are people this effing stupid, and unfortunately we seem to be overrun with them.

Jesus i cant wait til a cop shoots me for carrying a questionable looking cup of coffee or smoking a cigarette in a menacing manner. Can't take the # anymore lol.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Bundy

Great points!

Apparently, governmental authority is only to be challenged when the wrong political party is in power.

You know, situational truth in politics?

/sigh

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Dean Garrison wrote:

We are all “Americans” and not “African-Americans” or “Asian-Americans” or “Redneck-Americans” or anything else. We are Americans first and we need to remember that.

edit on 29-11-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior
a reply to: kaylaluv

There is no reason for whites as a race to be sensitive to violence against them by blacks, because there is no long history of it.

Oh, so I have no right to be outraged about it because I haven't been "oppressed" like the blacks have? That's rich.

I never owned any slaves. Nobody in my family has ever owned slaves. I am not responsible for "oppressing" anyone. So I have every right to be outraged by this nonsensical tired old "I'm so oppressed because I am black" card that gets played constantly by the black community, yet ignored when the shoe is on the other foot.

Who says you have no right? The poster was speculating on the reason why whites haven't shown outrage, as a racial group. So go show your outrage if that's what you want to do.

Personally, if it happens in my town, I'll be real vocal about it, regardless of the skin color of victim or aggressor. I doubt it will, at least anytime soon, because the police here are very reasonable. I daresay, they might even have good hiring practices.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Good find, S&F

I myself have experienced hate crimes intended for white people from a mostly black school. Not a single teacher in that place cared.

Everyone knows it only counts as racism if those poor widdle blacks face injustice of some kind. The rest of us simply don't matter.

And if you think otherwise, you're a racist. Those are the rules.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Threads like these make me feel dirty. A bunch of judgemental white people sitting around looking down their noses at an entire race. There is almost something shameful and furtive about it. I imagine I'd feel the same way spectating a KKK meeting.

Its one thing to disapprove of the actions of rioters. Its quite another to smugly compare the reactions of one race to another while ignoring hundreds of years of history and sociology so you can stroke each others hate pleasure centers. Maybe hate is the wrong word in some cases. Disdain?

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Malynn
A bunch of judgemental white people sitting around looking down their noses at an entire race.

Really?

Those are your words, that just came out of your thoughts.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Yes, that is in fact my name above the comment. I obviously wasn't referring to the reasonable posters in the thread. You know...the ones who take the history and sociology that I mentioned into account, instead of holding up Ferguson as am example of how whites are superior.
edit on 11/30/14 by Malynn because: bad grammarz

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Yes, that is in fact my name above the comment. I obviously wasn't referring to the reasonable posters in the thread. You know...the ones who take the history and sociology that I mentioned into account while implying their race is superior.

Superior?

Who has used this terminology besides you? In the same context.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

See edited post for better worded statement. And I'm sure an intelligent woman like you Annee can deduce that superiority is implied when the OP is: "see, white people don't riot when a black cop shoots one of US!"

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

Great thread, I applaud you're questioning the authorities. Believe me when i say many people are questioning the same. However, to understand fully requires a major study that obviously most people fail to attempt.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

See edited post for better worded statement. And I'm sure an intelligent woman like you Annee can deduce that superiority is implied when the OP is: "see, white people don't riot when a black cop shoots one of US!"

This just shows your tendency to see racism where there is none to be found.

The significance of the OP was to demonstrate the difference in the public's reaction to a white cop killing a black youth compared to a black cop killing a white youth. In the former there is public outrage and cries of racism whereas with the latter there is none even though the situations are somewhat comparable.

Congratulations, you COMPLETELY missed the entire point of the OP.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

I really don't think I did.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Oh stop trying to imply something that is not there
You are reading more into this then is needed

That was NOT what I was thinking, so don't act like you know....talk about 'superior', that's how you are acting

The difference I was trying to convey, without people going off on wild tangents, is in the one incident the people went crazy before any of the facts were in from day one
The MSM took the story and ran with it, inflaming racial tensions when there was no need for it, but hey, great for the ratings right?

Then we have the DOJ going to see only the victims family, getting their story, promising to investigate and yet never seeing the police officer in question to hear his side of the story
Odd I must say....this case and Zimmermans case get attention from DOJ

If you still don't get what the article was implying, I'm truly sorry

But stop acting like you know what is going on in my head, or others for that fact, because you are so wrong in your assumptions

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
First of all we do not know the details of the case, and it may not have been publicized earlier for people to know. Secondly blacks seem to care more about keeping their rights and liberties than others. Due to their history. We should all care.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: roth1
Secondly blacks seem to care more about keeping their rights and liberties than others. Due to their history.

Really?

Just like the Watts riots, opportunists with no real concern beyond themselves destroyed their own environment. Just like the Watts riots, the National Guard set up a perimeter to prevent spread.

Rioting is criminal activity. It is not protesting because you believe something is unjust.

Do you honestly believe the majority of hard working, law abiding citizens of Ferguson supported this behavior?

I sure don't.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   

I can't believe how many people justify the looters actions, burning businesses down and basically blaming whites for it

These were thugs and always will be because they don't care enough to better themselves
All they did was use this tragedy as an excuse to act like animals and steal

Shows you their intelligence when they are determined to destroy their own community...*sigh*

What Michael Brown's aggressive attitude did as well as the officers actions affected 2 families

But what these ignoramuses of looters did [are doing] is effect hundreds of people literally
Business gone, people out of work--at Christmas time no less

Causing the mall to close down temporarily in St.Louis, once again costing businesses money
But hey, it's all okay because we 'owe' them .....*sheesh*

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: snarky412
a reply to: Thurisaz

You know, it seems that racial tension is at an all time high since Obama has been in office

all time high? you sure about that? I always thought all time meant all time. I seem to recall a time where the national guard had to help black kids attend school, there was also church bombings, lynchings etc... Before that there was guys like Andrew Jackson treating natives horribly. If this is the all time worst I must be from an alternate universe.
edit on Novam02am302014-11-30T02:12:22-06:0002America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join