It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White teen killed by black cop in Alabama mirrors Ferguson...yet no outrage

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: mahatche

I was talking about 2014, not 200 years ago
New millennium you know, seems like we are going backwards with this administration in office, regarding race issues

Dr.Carson, among others, seems to have noticed as much also:

Dr. Ben Carson, author of “One Nation: What We Can All Do to Save America’s Future” argued that race relations were worse under President Obama on Tuesday’s “Hugh Hewitt Show.”

"I actually believe that things were better before this president was elected. And I think that things have gotten worse because of his unusual emphasis [on race]” he stated.

Carson cited Obama’s criticism of the police in the Henry Louis Gates incident and his remarks that his son would look like Trayvon Martin and accused the president and other progressives of trying to “manipulate, particularly minority communities to make them feel that they are victims.” And that the president “absolutely” plays the race card, but he said the president was attempting not to do so in the aftermath of the grand jury decision regarding Officer Darren Wilson.

One thing that we have noticed, any one who disagrees with Obama's policies is called a hater/racist....never had that problem before disagreeing with any president up until now

edit on 30-11-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: snarky412

One thing that we have noticed, any one who disagrees with Obama's policies is called a hater/racist....never had that problem before disagreeing with any president up until now

I don't think there's more, I think it's just familiarity. Because Obama is black, it's more noticeable.

When JFK was president, it seemed everything was about Catholics.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   

a reply to: mahatche

I was talking about 2014, not 200 years ago
New millennium you know, seems like we are going backwards with this administration in office, regarding race issues

Dr.Carson, among others, seems to have noticed as much also:

Dr. Ben Carson, author of “One Nation: What We Can All Do to Save America’s Future” argued that race relations were worse under President Obama on Tuesday’s “Hugh Hewitt Show.”

"I actually believe that things were better before this president was elected. And I think that things have gotten worse because of his unusual emphasis [on race]” he stated.

Carson cited Obama’s criticism of the police in the Henry Louis Gates incident and his remarks that his son would look like Trayvon Martin and accused the president and other progressives of trying to “manipulate, particularly minority communities to make them feel that they are victims.” And that the president “absolutely” plays the race card, but he said the president was attempting not to do so in the aftermath of the grand jury decision regarding Officer Darren Wilson.

Oh, so 2014 = all time? Is this a "live in the now" kind of reasoning?

Just so we are clear, other than Andrew Jackson's treatment of natives, most of what i mentioned was around 40 years ago. Many of the people involved are still alive today.

Racism isn't only popping up because Obama said his son could have looked like trayvon. If that's all it takes to spark up racism, than racism was already there.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
You're not getting the same memo I have been getting. That White people don't COUNT, when it comes to 'social justice'...or police shootings...or mob attacks...or acts of racism...or...oh screw it.
edit on 30-11-2014 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: s3cz0ne
a reply to: DerekJR321

I'm sorry but this just makes me sad. Learn american history and please do share the credible source that 90% of people selling blacks into slavery were black themselves. It is a fact that black people from the coast facilitated the enslavement of others further inland. Additionally white privelage is a real thing. It is also something that happened very much intentionally, just as gender and class issues plague our society. Sounds like you're not very interested in the person behind the curtain. By the way, just so YOU, Derek, know, I'm not some bleeding heart liberal who's drowning the world in my blood. I tend to hold libertarian views for the most part but I also have an accurate view of history. Its only been 50 years since desegregation in this country. Good God if you can't see that white privelage exists than you need to look around a bit more. This is coming from a white man BTW

Give me a break. I'm white. I don't have any "privileges" handed to me simply because of the fact. I never owned any slaves. My parents never owned any slaves. Their parents never owned any slaves. Etc. My family came to this country in the early 1900's. In all of my 37 years on this earth, NO ONE simply gave me something because I'm white. So I'm sorry but no.. I don't feel guilty because I'm white. I don't feel sorry because I am white. I am simply a human being living in this country, making the best out of what I have. When I was out of work for two years, living on food stamps what did I do? Did I simply give up, go on welfare and bitch about the fact that it "wasn't fair"? No.. for two years I worked my ass off looking for a job. And now guess what? I have a very good job. But I guess because my skin is white.. that is the only reason. Do I think blacks have had it rough in this country? Absolutely yes. Do I think they have been unfairly targeted by police? Sometimes, yes. But I'll be damned if I'm going to feel apologetic or sorry simply because I was born white. And frankly I'm disgusted with people who do have that attitude. I read an article the other day by a man (who was white) who was mugged by a group of black teens. This guy actually APOLOGIZED to these thugs for being white... and forgave them for robbing him because he was privileged and they weren't. This kind of garbage makes me ill. Everyone has their own personal responsibility. Pull yourself up. Make things happen. And stop apologizing for what you were born as.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

What's the difference you ask?...... The difference is the Compassion felt by the race, meaning significant numbers of Caucasians don't feel the same emotion involved in a unlawful killing.

It's not double standards its just conditioning...
edit on 30-11-2014 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DreamerOracle
What's the difference you ask?...... The difference is the Compassion felt by the race, meaning Caucasians don't feel the same emotion involved in a unlawful killing.

It's not double standards it just conditioning....

It could be that, or it could be opportunism for one group to scapegoat an external enemy so that it does not have to look within to solve the issues that it faces, whereas the other group does not.

edit on 30/11/2014 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Another unarmed teen killed by a cop

Another cop claiming 'self defense'

Another Grand Jury result with 'No indictment' against the cop

Where's the outcry?
Where's the rage and the protestors?
What no looting and burning the town down all in the name of justice?

Oh I forgot to mention ---it was a White teen killed by Black cop

The 17 yo black teen was called a kid
The 18 yo white teen was called a man

This incident happened in 2012:

A two-year-old case involving the shooting death of an unarmed 18-year-old white man by a black police officer is gaining attention on social media in the wake of this week’s protests and rioting in Ferguson, Missouri.

Gilbert Collar, a white, unarmed 18-year-old under the influence of drugs was shot and killed Oct. 6, 2012, by Officer Trevis Austin, who is black, in Mobile, Alabama. Despite public pressure for an indictment, a Mobile County grand jury refused to bring charges against Officer Austin, concluding that the officer acted in self-defense.

Read more: www.washingtontimes.com... Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

So, why the difference in reactions? Or lack of actions, should I say

Is it only a 'race' issue when it's a White on Black incident?

Just pointing out the obvious even tho some will say that's a racist statement in itself. LOL

No, there should be an outcry for justice in both cases. Neither one should be a race issue, it should be an issue of the use of deadly force on our nations children when there should ALWAYS be a better method. It should be a case of "We need to stop the police from going too far!"

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: DreamerOracle

What's the difference you ask?...... The difference is the Compassion felt by the race, meaning significant numbers of Caucasians don't feel the same emotion involved in a unlawful killing.

It's not double standards its just conditioning...

yeah that makes perfect sense.........

I saw all kinds of compassion being shown by the black looters and rioters and and people burning down the houses during last weeks "protest" and right after the shooting.......

Great displays of compassion........

No offense but this reasoning is so far off base ........and theres plenty of evidence to show that

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
A view from the outside.

You're mostly missing the point.

It's not an issue of black on white or white on black. It's an issue about cops killing kids.

You've become desensitized. After all, if it happens someone else, to someone else's kids, it's an acceptable level of violence.

Trayvon Martin and Ferguson, Obama and Sharpton, have not created deep divisions. They have revealed them, exposed them to the light so you can no longer pretend they don't exist.

When it, quite properly, flares up, too many of the self-appointed freedom-fighters line up meekly behind authority and echo the same old racial BS. Where was the Molon Labe Brigade when the authorities effectively declared martial law in a major city?

Instead of uniting and fighting, too many people go back to ancestral battle lines and end up fighting each other instead of the real enemy. Instead of addressing the genuine grievances behind some of the trouble, too many people want to bury them again.

It was that way in the eighteenth century London, in nineteenth century Russia and twentieth century Africa. It is that way in twenty first century USA.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese
The Molon Labe Brigade were told they were not wanted there, at least the guys I knew that wanted to go.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

One would hope that the black folks would consider this incident and see there just as enslaved as they were 200 years ago, only now its mental enslavement by there own people that have sold out to the white elitist.

Just imagine what it would be like, not only in America but the world if common people told the elitist and there lackies where to go and came together...just a thought, will never happen and they know that.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
This is my final post on this thread. I will reiterate what I have been saying:

1. There is a long history of whites oppressing blacks in this country.

2. There is still oppression of blacks happening today. It may or may not be intentional, but it happens. Blacks have a harder time getting loans (with the same credit history as a white getting the same loan); blacks have a harder time getting a job with the same education background as a white; blacks have a harder time getting a call-back on a resume when a "black sounding" name is on the resume; blacks are pulled over and detained more by law enforcement just on the basis of skin color; schools in predominately black neighborhoods get much less funding than the white schools.

3. As a result, blacks have to work harder to achieve the same success as whites. Can they achieve success? Yes, but is it fair that they have to work harder than a white person to achieve that success? Look at this video from Neil DeGrasse Tyson, where he discusses the hurdles he has faced because of his race (he made it, but he wonders how many others faced the same or even greater hurdles who didn't make it):

www.upworthy.com...

4. The fact that blacks have long been oppressed and are still being oppressed (albeit in more subtle ways), makes many of them a little sensitive.

5. It is this sensitivity that causes anger and frustration when situations like Ferguson occur. Is violence/rioting/property damage the acceptable response? Absolutely not. Is their frustration understandable, given what blacks have dealt with, and are continuing to deal with in this country? In my opinion, yes.

I don't know why there wasn't national outrage over this white unarmed teen being shot by a black cop, but I suspect it's because whites have not had to face the same hurdles thrown at them by blacks, so the sensitivity isn't there.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

it isn't "blacks" specifically. it's poor people, specifically. that blacks make up a large group of the poor is the real story here, and that's because the gov is deliberately and historically, not giving them enough money to actually raise themselves up from poverty. the gov says "we need more taxes for social programs" then they waste huge chunks of it. that is deliberate.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Cops killing civilians is a bad deal. I don't care the colour, race, religion, sexual preference, clothing preference - to me, not only is all that irrelevant, it's distracting.

TOO MANY COPS ARE KILLING TOO MANY CITIZENS WITHOUT A GOOD REASON. And dogs, for that matter. How many dogs have been killed this year by trigger-happy cops? It's getting crazy.

Black, white, Asian, who cares? We're all people, and we all deserve better. Even the dogs deserve better for f#k sake. This is not good enough, and this argument is redundant. When are we going to address the real issue here?

It's not racial prejudice, it's unchecked authority. It's cops with guns and no regard for human (or canine) life that is the issue - not racism. Racism is only a factor. The real issue is cops shooting kids AT ALL. If you bring up their colour, then you're only serving to divide the argument into factions that distract from the real enemy!

Of course, colour is important and must be addressed. All I'm saying is, it's not the key element here. Unfit police officers with psychopathic tendencies are. Drawing attention to racial prejudice won't do anything but distract from this issue. Why are cops shooting people without due reason? That's what I want to know. Black or white - I could care less about their skin colour. What bothers me is the senseless and unnecessary loss of life! Am I the only one who sees it this way? Am I missing something? Are white people's lives more important than black people's, or vice versa?

Is this a competition?

Honestly. Get your heads together people. We're human beings. Not that it matters - because the cops shoot us like dogs all the same, black OR white. If they feel threatened (real or imagined) - blam! You're done. We're all the same colour when we're dead.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

And I will restate. Repeating the tired old line only serves to keep people in the mindset that keeps them shackled....

1. Most of the highest paid athletes are black.

2. We have a black president

3. We had a black attorney general

4. Some of the most respected doctors in the country are black

5. The highest poverty level in the US isn't black it's white

6. Blacks have more programs to assist them then any other race in the United states

7. Your attitude determines your future, and your actions determine the outcome

Personal responsibility and stength of moral character is what make people successful.

There are people all over the world who have it so much tougher then what some seem to think blacks have it here , and they succeed despite it!

The difference is their mentality

You and people like you do no favors to black people or indeed the country. By trying to perpetuate the false paradigm of " oppression by the man"

You are only hurting the people you claim to be in support of.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo

it isn't "blacks" specifically. it's poor people, specifically. that blacks make up a large group of the poor is the real story here, and that's because the gov is deliberately and historically, not giving them enough money to actually raise themselves up from poverty. the gov says "we need more taxes for social programs" then they waste huge chunks of it. that is deliberate.

True but to an extent this also fosters a "hand out " culture. We are seeing this now!

Look at the number of people on assisistance who aren't even trying to get work.

I agree that the programs need to be revamped and more effective but I don't think we need more...

We already have a society dependent on it and apathetic to do anything MORE then that because they don't NEED to

Example. My cousin. Lazy hasn't worked in the last 6 years. Gets all sorts of assistance and applies for the minimal amount of jobs just to keep benefits....just bought a new truck!

6 months ago I was out of work for rg first time in 8 yrs. I couldn't even draw unemployment! I was out of work for 3 months and couldn't even get food assistance and I was actively trying to find work every damn day of the week. I almost lost my home and my vehicle and I WANTED to work...

The system caters to dependency. Not independence.... The system is broken.

Again we do not need more programs we need effective programs that assist people to better their situation. Not stay in it.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

So you really think all those people that grew up in the 50's and 60's just up and forgot what was taught to them as right all around them everyday?
White people were above all others and anything other was sub human, and that was only 50 years ago.

Yes some minorities have made it, but the old white male still reigns supreme in our system.

Only it's not the 50s and 60s anymore. It's 2014.

They can stay living in the past and tied to it. Or they can chose to untether themselves from what's behind them and live now....

You can't see tomorrow as long as you're looking back

Not only is it not the 50's and the 60's anymore, but those of us who grew up in that time had the civil rights movement as a backdrop, as well as the entire hippie/peace-love movement.
I learned that even through all that, some people still have hatred and resentment, even when given all the advantages, affirmative action, preferences in hiring through quotas, etc....
the racism is both ways, and some people are out to fan the flames of division, and it is more so now than I ever remember, with race baiters trying to make something out of every thing.
It is unfortunate that some people imagine that everyone in the 50's and 60's were racist, and that just is not true. My father is a great example of someone not racist. He hired mostly black guys in his plant, and one of his best friends had an inter-racial marriage. He fought to get blacks and women invited into the Veiled Prophet club, which was mostly an A list of who's who businesses in the area. He knew Sammie Davis Jr, who even purchased a sculpture he had made. I remember one year he gave up his own bonus and redistributed it among all the employees.
It is truly sad to see all the building blocks come tumbling down because of a bunch of Marxists running around putting "good crises" to use to further their agenda of implementing their socialist utopia and sacking the "old rich white guys" because of a flawed belief that class warfare is a good thing. It is ideology gone completely steroidal. They are trying to bring down capitalism while they are at it. It is sad that they are creating the hardships that they believe will create the atmosphere forcing people to accept more and more government intrusion and regulation and nanny statism. That is what it really comes down to with this group of manipulators, and all those people in Ferguson are the victims of this nutty philosophy.
edit on 30-11-2014 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I'm sick of this.. Minorities don't understand what it's like being a white man in America, always being targeted (rarely) by black officers... To show how upset I am, I'm going to burn my city to the ground.. That will show everyone...

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Look at the number of people on assisistance who aren't even trying to get work.

I actually read something recently, some statistics show that more blacks were unemployed, but that these numbers only reflect people still looking for jobs. The article further stated that black people tended to be more resilient and look for jobs longer than whites, and this reflected in the unemployment numbers reported because many whites just dropped off the map and stopped looking for work.

But in any case, the Marxists in this country want the conditions which keep people dependent, as you mentioned, but the radical ones want the system overwhelmed. There are more people on food stamps now than ever, and I guarantee lots of whites are on food stamps. I know plenty of people in my community on food stamps or other govt assistance. Many are disabled though, and some VA.
Conditions are being created making people ripe for a nanny state. Truly sad, because the nanny state doesn't really care about people as much as it cares about control.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join