It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White teen killed by black cop in Alabama mirrors Ferguson...yet no outrage

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
This is proof that the *MSM/Washington D.C.* culture controls everything.

They effectively select what they want you to react to.

Xuenchen,

Then, that logic includes you and other posters here as well, is that right?

Since a "culture" controls everything? How do we know who is being controlled and when?

Are folks who watch Fox News and vote Republican equally as mind-controlled as those who watch MSNBC and vote Democrat?

How about those that don't watch TV or use the internet and don't vote? Are they mind-controlled as well?

I just wonder how far all this goes ...

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: Annee

That's exactly right. Thousands and thousands the world over have been raised and grown up in the most horrible of homes.... Death. Abuse. Poverty.

And they make something of themselves because they refuse to let their past define their future

And that's compared to the billions the world over who haven't been able to get out of their oppressed situations. That's because it is very, very difficult to get out. Most people who get out have some type of mentor who helped them. They make something of themselves because they were lucky enough to have help.

Oprah Winfrey had someone - her father. If it wasn't for him, I doubt she would have ever made anything of herself.

Ben Carson had his mother. Someone who paid attention, stuck around, and encouraged excellence.

What about those who have no one like that? It's next to impossible when you have no mentor. Do we just say, oh well, too bad -not my problem? Or should we try to do something about it?

Since blacks face a generational problem of discrimination and being held back, if they don't have someone on their side, they just get stuck. I think it's up to us as a country to be their mentors. Not to just give them handouts for doing nothing, but give them opportunities to succeed and encourage their success. What we shouldn't be doing is calling them lazy and expecting them to succeed with no help. Nothing will get better if we have that attitude.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

So just keep ignoring the actual point of my post, seems like a common theme.
Lets just ignore what happened before and not talk about it.

I'm not ignoring anything. I've addressed every point. You just don't like the fact that it doesn't fall in line w the perpetuating of racially divisive attitudes...

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
My answers bolded::::

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: xuenchen
This is proof that the *MSM/Washington D.C.* culture controls everything.

They effectively select what they want you to react to.

Xuenchen,

Then, that logic includes you and other posters here as well, is that right?
I have no idea. How did you arrive at that conclusion?

Since a "culture" controls everything?
Does it?

How do we know who is being controlled and when?
Probably by the MSM emphasis

Are folks who watch Fox News and vote Republican equally as mind-controlled as those who watch MSNBC and vote Democrat?
Perhaps

How about those that don't watch TV or use the internet and don't vote? Are they mind-controlled as well?
Possibly not. But the schools might have influence.

I just wonder how far all this goes ...
So do I

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
And that's compared to the billions the world over who haven't been able to get out of their oppressed situations. That's because it is very, very difficult to get out. Most people who get out have some type of mentor who helped them. They make something of themselves because they were lucky enough to have help.

I was specifically talking of the USA, although I am aware of amazing stories around the world.

IMO --- anyone/everyone in the USA has the opportunity to become independently successful.

It's not about luck. It's about choices. Even if you're born with a silver spoon in your mouth, you still have to make choices.

Do I personnaly understand just rolling through life accepting what's around you, not making the choices to go beyond that? Yes, I do.

And, I've also mentioned (other threads/subjects) the difficulty of changing culture, any culture.

It's still an excuse. Excuses for not being personnaly responsible for yourself in the USA is unacceptable.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

The reason there isn't any mass public outrage is because white people do not have a history of oppression and persecution to the extent that black people in this country have had. Institutionalized inequality lives on to this day and is just one component of a larger divide and conquer strategy (R v D, M v F, W v B, etc.) It is a clearly visible trend in our society that benefits the wealthy by causing division amongst the people to the point that everybody is busy fighting each other and nobody is pulling back the curtain to expose the machinations of those who are truly in power and those people, for the most part, are largely unknown, unelected and unfortunately unaccountable to the public at large. While I disagree with Michael Brown having become the martyr of these protests, Ferguson was a powder keg just waiting to blow.

Do I think the riots, violence and destructive behavior is OK or even justified? Absolutely not! Do I think the Brown killing should be the symbol of all of this? Again, no! There absolutely were huge problems with the lo all government and police force in Ferguson, MI and something does need to be done. The good news is that voting can actually change things at the local level whereas state and especially national elections are a complete joke with two equally bad choices in any given election. What bothers me is that the Brown case has been coosen as a symbol of this movement as what REALLY happened is ambiguous at best. There is conflicting eyewitness testimony and in a case like this I can certainly understand some in the black community saying that the saw Brown put his hands up and then be executed given the past behavior of the PD. However, it seems to me, based on the presented evidence that Wilson was right. But again, the case seems ambiguous at best.

The Black community, nationwide, would have done better to point out cases such as the handcuffed man who apparently killed himself in the back of a police car, the man that was shot 49 times firing squad style by around five officers or more recently the 28 year old man in NYC who was gunned down by a cop in a dark hallway. I am extremely against abuse of power by OUR civil servants. Police brutality and institutionalized inequality sickens me. The Michael Brown case is not clear cut and the behavior we've seen as a nation only detracts from the message. While I understand it is a minority of protesters and outside agitators causing the problems, their voices unfortunately seem to be the loudest right now thanks to American media. Also the profiteers masquerading as civil rights activists tsho have shown up in Ferguson absolutely DISGUST me. Just my humble opinion.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

White teen killed by black cop in Alabama mirrors Ferguson..??

Yah...exact same scenarios EXCEPT that Gilbert Thomas, weight lifter and wrestler...hallucinating on EL ES Dee (ATS won't permit the acronym?), AFTER assaulting two people and trying to bite a womans arm...appeared Naked at the police station at 1:30AM in the morning pounding on the door and hid in the grass and when an officer came outside, threatened and chased the officer in a fighting stance with the officer retreating over 100 feet and repeatedly telling him to freeze, halt etc. after Gilbert backed the officer into a corner and went to attack him, the officer fired once and struck Gilbert in the chest....and it was on video..

Geez..I don't know...Maybe you can tell me how this story is slightly different???

This OP is nonsense....correction...racist baiting nonsense.

edit on 29-11-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: Xtraeme

Let me be clear (and keep in mind I'm not directing my posts AT you. I'm sure you're a fine person w a good head on their shoulders)

Same, as an old timer around these parts I got nothing personal against you. In fact, if that is a picture of you, you look almost exactly like my cousin. So, if anything, that just earns you brownie points. =)

But them SAYING. It's about more then racial issues means nothing when the actions are the complete opposite

The only thing I'm confused about is which 'them' we are talking about here:

source: mashable.com...
edit on 2014-11-29 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

And besides, its illegal to refuse service based on race, gender, religion etc. so I'm not sure what your point is.

And if the tea party ever gets in control, I could see those laws being repealed.

I'm not a member of the group but remembered seeing this after you mentioned those tea party people.

St. Louis Tea Party Helps Ferguson Businesses That Were Destroyed In Riots.

Instead of inciting violence that hurts their own communities with looting and vandalism, these people are actually helping small businesses. The St. Louis Tea Party group went in to help the businesses that were hit the hardest during the Ferguson Riots

source
edit on 29-11-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtraeme

Well that's a great question being raised actually!

I suppose depending on who you ask. The reasoning is subjective ...

Alas I have no answer to that...

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Is that a white Alabama population being policed by a majority black force? Are there decades of perceived racial oppression against these whites by the majority black police and majority black governors and politicians?

If your answer is no to any of these scenarios, you've got the answer to your OP.

Lack of knowledge on American History for the majority of people on here... it's not their faults that their education came from and remained at a high school or a community college level.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Thurisaz

where does it start and stop?

i dont know......i just know that it needs to stop.....while people fight amongst each other over stupidity like skin color it will not get any better...i wish i had answers but i dont

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Sorry for quoting and replying to myself but the explanation is below...

originally posted by: s3cz0ne

The reason there isn't any mass public outrage is because white people do not have a history of oppression and persecution to the extent that black people in this country have had. Institutionalized inequality lives on to this day and is just one component of a larger divide and conquer strategy (R v D, M v F, W v B, etc.) It is a clearly visible trend in our society that benefits the wealthy by causing division amongst the people to the point that everybody is busy fighting each other and nobody is pulling back the curtain to expose the machinations of those who are truly in power and those people, for the most part, are largely unknown, unelected and unfortunately unaccountable to the public at large. While I disagree with Michael Brown having become the martyr of these protests, Ferguson was a powder keg just waiting to blow.

Do I think the riots, violence and destructive behavior is OK or even justified? Absolutely not! Do I think the Brown killing should be the symbol of all of this? Again, no! There absolutely were huge problems with the lo all government and police force in Ferguson, MI and something does need to be done. The good news is that voting can actually change things at the local level whereas state and especially national elections are a complete joke with two equally bad choices in any given election. What bothers me is that the Brown case has been coosen as a symbol of this movement as what REALLY happened is ambiguous at best. There is conflicting eyewitness testimony and in a case like this I can certainly understand some in the black community saying that the saw Brown put his hands up and then be executed given the past behavior of the PD. However, it seems to me, based on the presented evidence that Wilson was right. But again, the case seems ambiguous at best.

The Black community, nationwide, would have done better to point out cases such as the handcuffed man who apparently killed himself in the back of a police car, the man that was shot 49 times firing squad style by around five officers or more recently the 28 year old man in NYC who was gunned down by a cop in a dark hallway. I am extremely against abuse of power by OUR civil servants. Police brutality and institutionalized inequality sickens me. The Michael Brown case is not clear cut and the behavior we've seen as a nation only detracts from the message. While I understand it is a minority of protesters and outside agitators causing the problems, their voices unfortunately seem to be the loudest right now thanks to American media. Also the profiteers masquerading as civil rights activists tsho have shown up in Ferguson absolutely DISGUST me. Just my humble opinion.

I'm just curious... does anybody agree or disagree with me?!? Whenever I post, as rare as that may be, I get a few stars but no debate! Damn the internet!!! I would however, welcome someone articulating the other side of the coin in a less "White shot by Black! Why no protests/riots" but rather a more "Big picture America" way. Hope that makes some sort of sense! I love hearing informed counter arguments.

edit on 29-11-2014 by s3cz0ne because: b/c I don't think before I post...

edit on 29-11-2014 by s3cz0ne because: grammar(I'm sure there's many more corrections to-be!)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

And this is supposed to prove that the Tea Party doesn't want businesses to be able to turn away anyone for any reason without any legal repercussion? I don't think so.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

a reply to: MrLimpet

And this is supposed to prove that the Tea Party doesn't want businesses to be able to turn away anyone for any reason without any legal repercussion? I don't think so.

Right to refuse service does not = racist

You keep trying to draw some really really thin lines to try to enforce your divisive rhetoric.

I like how you first drew on the tea party to try and make a point. And then as soon as it was brought out that tea party members actually went and helped. You tried to move the goalpost again AND THEN downplay the fact that they actually came to help.....

Ps not all those tea party members are white
. Just like yall were stating not all the protesters were black. That sword cuts both ways

edit on 11/29/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Refusing service doesn't automatically mean NOT racist either. No, not all Tea Party people are racist, but the general platform of being able to refuse service for any reason allows racists to take advantage of it. I don't know about you, but I don't want to go back there. If I were black (or Hispanic), and I heard these people saying that business owners should be able to go back to refusing service to whomever they felt like, I'd be pretty nervous - especially in the south.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
You want to know why there was no outrage? Because half (if not more) of the country never heard of this case. I'll give you one guess why.

We all know who runs the MSM. Now say what you will.. but it has been a long standing goal of those "people" to divide and conquer. The media never runs these stories because they know they can't get a reaction out of people. A black person killing a white? It happens EVERY SINGLE DAY. Did you hear the story of a 17-year old thug who, during a home invasion shot and killed a white Staff Sgt, and then executed his pregnant wife? Doubt it. Did you hear of the old white man in Ferguson who was walking to his car to retrieve his oxygen tank? He was attacked, beaten with his oxygen tank, his car stolen and then he was ran over by it. Did you hear about that? No of course not. Because that would paint white folks as victims as well. And we know we can't have that now. See, white people must be known to be the ONLY racists in the world. We have "white privilege" (whatever the hell that is supposed to be). We've oppressed the minorities for hundreds of years! Slavery!! We're told that we "stole the land from the Indians!" (even though the majority of this country was willingly sold to us). We're told "we are the white devil slave masters!" (even though not all of America owned slaves, and 90% of slaves were sold to whites by blacks in Africa). The media will do it's damnedest to make sure that White Oppression stays in the forefront of EVERYONE'S mind.

Call me racist. I don't care. But the simple fact is, the media knows they can't fan the flames of racism in white peoples minds. We've been so conditioned to believe we are "guilty" just because we are white. And that is complete BS. But.. these "white on black" incidents are crammed down our throats. There is ZERO hesitation by the media to immediately declare it a "racial" issue. When the situation is reversed.. they will do everything in their power to make sure it is not viewed as racially motivated.

I pray for the day when the main stream media dies. Alternative news is constantly reporting on the good people of Ferguson. Constantly reporting on the peaceful protesters. CNN, Fox, etc will do no such thing. Because it doesn't illicit an emotional response.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The difference is the 6'6" 290 pound kid (brown) was just confused when he attacked the police, where in this case..

“He had headphones in, and he couldn't hear [anything], and then they finally surrounded him," Jerrail said. "They're like, 'Get on the ground,' and [he] pulled up his pants and [they] shot him."

It is ovious that the cop was protecting himself so there is no reason for media coverage, White House intervention, or a bunch of white people rioting....Duh...

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Refusing service doesn't automatically mean NOT racist either. No, not all Tea Party people are racist, but the general platform of being able to refuse service for any reason allows racists to take advantage of it. I don't know about you, but I don't want to go back there. If I were black (or Hispanic), and I heard these people saying that business owners should be able to go back to refusing service to whomever they felt like, I'd be pretty nervous - especially in the south.

........do you even see the logic your using........so basically youre saying just because it doesnt specifically say one thing doesnt mean its not.....

Do you realize the logical fallacy behind this whole paragraph.......people with nefarious intent will take advantage of ANYTHING........

You cant ban someones thoughts, you cant have the thought police........thats the only solution to situation you are putting forth.....

Again you keep moving the goal post.........and im really getting tired of playing the game......

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DerekJR321

I'm sorry but this just makes me sad. Learn american history and please do share the credible source that 90% of people selling blacks into slavery were black themselves. It is a fact that black people from the coast facilitated the enslavement of others further inland. Additionally white privelage is a real thing. It is also something that happened very much intentionally, just as gender and class issues plague our society. Sounds like you're not very interested in the person behind the curtain. By the way, just so YOU, Derek, know, I'm not some bleeding heart liberal who's drowning the world in my blood. I tend to hold libertarian views for the most part but I also have an accurate view of history. Its only been 50 years since desegregation in this country. Good God if you can't see that white privelage exists than you need to look around a bit more. This is coming from a white man BTW

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join