It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting pic from Fort Erie ghost tour.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Hey ATS, I want to start by saying I or the owner of this pic do not believe in ghosts or spirits. When you die, you are DEAD. FINALE.
In the 'spirit' of the Halloween season, the OLD Fort Erie, in Fort Erie, Canada holds evening ghost tours.
I am not a historian, so not giving a history lesson, but the area of the OLD Fort, was home to ancient Native Indian settlements, and was the site of some of the bloodiest battles of the War of 1812.
The attached pic was taken yesterday, during a Ghost tour. It was sent to me as a WTF is that? kind of thing. I found it interesting, so thought I would shoot it up to see what falls back.
Costumed guides tour you through the OLD Fort, and guests can try on period uniforms. I am not sure what area of the fort this was taken, But a definite straight line, at 45 degrees is visible. Real fast moving dust??
As a heads up, the blue 'squiggle' at the lower right hand side seems to be a camera artifact, as it appears in some other pics as well. I assume a flash was used, Samsung Galaxy camera.
To me, it doesn't matter what it is, but, it is the Halloween season, so why not??
Have at it and enjoy!!!!

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: handeroo

OH MY GOD THE FACES WHAT HAPPENED TO THE FACES?!@#$

(joking!)

I'm guessing fiber of some sort on the lens.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

sweet. From what i believe it's a moving orb, aka spirit energy.
but ats hates orbs so don't expect much of a positive response.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

The blue squiggle is probably something on the camera's sensor. I've had that happen to me when I left a lens detached for too long without putting the cap on the camera body.

As far as the light, it could be lots of things. Most likely a floating dust mote caught by the camera flash.
edit on 27-10-2014 by U4ea82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
If a slightly longer exposure than normal were taken and a object thrown through the shot at just the right moment…

Christmas lights
edit on 27-10-2014 by intrptr because: image

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Thanks for being honest on your position and furthermore not claiming anything! It looks closer to the lens than not, not interacting with the people or with anything directly. Likely dust under longer exposure, as opposed to a bug, or even orb-which I'm a supporter of under certain indications.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
hmmmm.. dunno..
and what about this fellow?
I know i know probably Pareidolia but interesting!

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Starcrossd
That is actually a interesting catch and good eye. I didn't have to look hard at all to "see it."

Also looks almost like he is in some sort of uniform. Wish I was home on my big screen monitor, be even easier to see.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Starcrossd

On a big monitor and that's a person's face. I can see how it's slightly transparent. The shadows match up to eyes. Of course it could be pareidolia as you pointed out but great catch nevertheless!

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
There are two huge anomalies in that picture, but neither one of them are the streak of light. Rather they are dummy #1 and dummy #2. In fact, I think they frighten me more than a full-bodied apparition would have. I look at those things and don't even know what I'm looking at. I will probably have nightmares, and I don't even know why. I have had paranormal experiences which I've detailed on this site in the past, so I would definitely say that I believe there is something going on where that is concerned. Whether this activity can be attributed to unexplained science, an afterlife, another dimension, or a combination of these things I cannot say. I just want to clarify that I do not dismiss paranormal evidence because I do not believe in its existence.

However, I have never subscribed to the idea of "orbs," or streaks of light like we see in the picture, primarily because of the natural explanations that exist for such phenomena. I mean you have to either argue that it is a bug, a hair, a piece of dust, etc., all of which can reflect light and appear to shine, or that it is paranormal. I've heard arguments such as "it emits its own light," but something like that is extremely difficult to differentiate from the reflection of light, considering the environmental effects that are present at the time, and the unique nature of each individual photograph. So basically we would have to focus on the slightest details, and make arguments based on those minute changes in detail. I do not think it is desirable to debate something where the potential for error is so great.

With all that said, I suppose it is possible that spirit energy, and spirits must be some form of energy, could be captured by a camera. And who knows what such energy would look like? We could not say that we know with 100% certainty that such energy would be one of the same types that we are familiar with, a known type that would not show up in a picture, such as electromagnetic energy. Therefore it could be a novel type of energy or a type of energy that science has not been able to study, or may not have identified at this point in time, and maybe, just maybe, that energy would appear as balls or streaks of light under certain conditions, and could be photographed. But while it is not impossible, the sheer fact that there are so many potentially natural explanations dictates that we cannot accept such evidence as being proof-positive for paranormal activity. And this is why I get annoyed at other believers in the paranormal, because they will accept virtually any evidence that supports their view, even when that evidence rests on such a shaky foundation, and has such a great potential for being some mundane, natural phenomenon.
edit on 10/28/14 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
looks like it was put into a swap faces app and it's gone terribly wrong lol

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

Haha true if they were affected by an apparition, etc., but those are people standing there, not dummies. The OP, or other, edited the faces with a P-shop/another program stamp tool with to blur their facial identity.

new topics

top topics

join