It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey Canada how do you like those Terrorist attacks? GET used to them

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
It's just been mentioned that the soldier that has been shot unarmed standing guard at the tomb of the unknown soldier has been killed. RIP and condolences to his family and all Military.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ExSmokerYes

Hey ExSmoker...

I think somebody needs a cigarette.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Wow, I bet you feel really good about yourself right now making giant assumptions with no validation....

Back under your BRIDGE!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

It's called Irony ? I'm kinda surprised you didn't notice that considering your OP is riddled with it.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I'm not a fan of US foreign policy...
Or UK foreign policy...

But you need to chill out man!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMainEvent
Oh lord. I saw this coming from a mile away.

Next you're gonna tell me that Canada needs striker gun laws….

I don't think thats what he meant.
Sounds tired of the over reacting, the copying, wants to be independent of US foreign Policy. No choice.

And get used to the-- cant't wait for a (any) shooting to over react too and splash every boring minute of on TV. Be verrrry afraid…

I am American and I apologize Canada for you getting infected with our madness.

(post by TechniXcality removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This thread is pointless... it's ranting, it's rude, it's insensitive and really just doesn't belong here if you ask me. It's full of assumptions and vitriol.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Just the over reacting and the media hype. No disrespect to soldiers. I never go there. And you're right, you blew over the TnC line with your last comment. Try not to over react yourself?

Keep eye on the ball. This is not an insult OP thread, It addresses his feelings that his countries Bent is too enmeshed with a very fugged up American one.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
This should be removed

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shepard64
This should be removed

I second that vote.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I share your pain OP. It seems like only yesteryear that Canada felt like an independent, soveriegn, peaceful, peacekeeping nation. Now look at it..

If America is driving to the police state, Canada is skating there.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Keep the thread so the members know what a insensitive prick the OP is.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
No matter how brash the OP sounds, he is stating the fact about the Canadian Governement..it is nothing but an extension of the US invasion force.

Canada is in this mess(if this was terrorist attack from middle east) because it got into someone else's problem.

As a Canadian Citizen, i want Canadian Governement and Harper to grow a pair and pull out of middle east.. our soliders are just there so they can get hit by "firendly fires" and die for some profits driven governement.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

This fight is bigger than single sovereign nations. It's transnational corporations and their subversive effect on the human condition.

Fight back against corporate values and the Fascists instituting them:
Endless war
Hating the poor
Authoritarian police state control
Consumerism
Human slavery

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream
No matter how brash the OP sounds, he is stating the fact about the Canadian Governement..it is nothing but an extension of the US invasion force.

Canada is in this mess(if this was terrorist attack from middle east) because it got into someone else's problem.

As a Canadian Citizen, i want Canadian Governement and Harper to grow a pair and pull out of middle east.. our soliders are just there so they can get hit by "firendly fires" and die for some profits driven governement.

The fault lies on the citizens themselves.. that's the problem in the US, we've stood by and let things happen only to jump online and point fingers in forums, or yell at the tv set about how unhappy we are about the latest news. Change comes from action.. Guess what... Canadians haven't acted, the same way the US citizens haven't acted... it's too easy to point fingers when most often the finger should be pointed at ourselves for allowing it.. but instead we'd rather watch dancing with the stars or something.

This post however goes beyond that.. he could easily have just made a post about his displeasure of Canadian policies and the US's influence .. instead the post was entirely inappropriate, disrespectful, insensitive and filled with vitriol .. I respect his right to an opinion.. I just really dislike the inappropriate method by which those opinions were delivered... and I'm clearly not alone .. it sparked no useful conversation about Canada's policies, it instead resulted in backlash because of it's distasteful delivery.
edit on 10/22/2014 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Everything else I wanted to say has been.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Its good that you dont support terrorism and yes I agree Harper is a POS and is trying to emulate the states....

But it is not as bad as you are making it out to be.

I have yet to see the cops here in bc, both city and rcmp, getting tanks and what not that the american cops have.

You must remember we dont have the defence contractors that the states have, and we also dont waist as much money on defence as the states do. There for we dont have the excess combat goods left over to just give to the cops.

I am Canadian, and proud of it. You sir/Ma'am sound like those fear mongers you hear on Fox news or Alex Jones. There is no need for this, any Canadian would tell you to calm down and take a chill pill.

Most Canadians still Like him or they wouldnt be voting conservative. Thats another thing to keep in mind. I am afraid that we will possibly be stuck with him as trudeau is still pretty young and probly won't win next year because of his age and experience. So we got to suck it up and deal with it until some one comes a long and beats the Cons in an election.

In stead of bitching about Harper why dont you help out the Libs/NDP/Green Party/ bloc de quebecois (Depending on your location) in their campaigns so that they have a greater chance at beating the Cons......
edit on 071014p30722 by snypwsd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
good points in the original post about Canada emulating the American politics.

however your statements about CSIS=CIA and CAF=USAF; you're wrong my friend.

In addition to that, I am Canadian and you posting something like this makes me wonder about your sanity. Enjoy the rest of your day.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I honestly don't know why you all have your knickers in a knot over the OP.... its his/her opinion and I find it sadly spot on with the terrible road Harper has taken Canada down in such a short time and in virtual lock step with US warmongering policy. And it seems logical to me that if you choose to play world bully, eventually people are going to fling some "blowback" you way. Naïve to think otherwise really. We're not bringing democracy and freedom to these people... we're killing their kids, moms, dads, parents.

That said... the OP didn't directly reference todays events and yet all the members assumed a connection. We know absolutely nothing yet about motives for what happened in Ottawa today, so it could be completely unrelated to foreign policy. The OP comments were understandable to me as a Canadian but perhaps not relevant to the current situation. time will tell.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join