It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Michael Brown Evidence Reported by NY Times

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

Now thats funny. I lived in the hood for 10 years you want to get treated equal act equal. Don't complain because the handicapped parking tickets are too high, DON'T park in the handicapped spot. Don't want to get harassed for stealing DON'T steal. Quite simple really. It's really all about the free stuff. If you can't eat it, fruck it, drink it or sell it then just drop it.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45
Yeah because the theft of a blunt is totally worth a death. Maybe he wouldn't be stealing dirt cheap things or being aggressive if he wasn't part of an oppressed demonized underclass.

One black kid steals something that costs a dollar or two and there's instant police response followed by a dead black kid. Wall street businessman destroys thousands of middle class families and he is applauded and protected and well paid.

All the evidence in the world doesn't change the root cause of the anger of the black community. They're tired of being oppressed after fighting for equality for some 200 years.

The key difference is some Wall Street trader doesn't dive into a cops window and start throwing punches.

It had ZERO to do with this kids socio-economic status, and EVERYTHING to do with assaulting a police officer.

Look through posse-comitatus, I'm one of the last people to defend a crappy cop!

Honestly, you have to be insane to start assaulting a police officer in this country.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: UnBreakable

Ya cause we live in a nation where cops get off killing people with a simple "I was in fear for my life and didn't have any other choice" explanation.

Ya, cause we also live in a nation where thugs don't follow the rule of law because they think they're entitled to do whatever they want and know their likewise minded community members will have their backs and cry racism if they're held to the same standard as law abiding citizens.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Im just wondering how the police officer managed to pull from a sitting position inside a crown vic a 6'+ 300+ pound man. I do not think he would fit if pulled, only if he tried to jump in himself.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   

You guys all miss the point. This really had nothing to do with Michael Brown. It's about the never ending cycle of oppression of black people. It's no wonder the white people are nicer. They aren't raised amid poverty and violence.

I am poor. My father worked two jobs to support us growing up. When he got home from his Air Force job, we would go out and do janitorial work. The folks in my neighborhood did not kill each other or join gangs. Poverty does not equal violence. Violence is a choice you make. You can trash your community or you can make it better.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: groingrinder

You guys all miss the point. This really had nothing to do with Michael Brown. It's about the never ending cycle of oppression of black people. It's no wonder the white people are nicer. They aren't raised amid poverty and violence.

I am poor. My father worked two jobs to support us growing up. When he got home from his Air Force job, we would go out and do janitorial work. The folks in my neighborhood did not kill each other or join gangs. Poverty does not equal violence. Violence is a choice you make. You can trash your community or you can make it better.

^^THIS^^

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
............as I have been saying all along:

"Fitch says he thinks the feds recognize that it’s “probably very unlikely” that there’s going to be charges against Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson".

"UPDATED: Former Police Chief Speaks on Latest Michael Brown Shooting Information"
stlouis.cbslocal.com...

edit on 21-10-2014 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

No way a former police chief is siding with the police?
I'm shocked...

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I'm shocked...

The same way you would be shocked if a former resident of ferguson sided with the pro mike brown crowd?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I'm shocked...

Just as I'm shocked all the Ferguson thugs are siding with the opposite story.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Not nearly the appel to authority tho.
And why do you fell the news to call everyone thugs? What do you know about all these people?
And no I would not be surprised since there were many witnesses that seem to go against what the cop side of the story.
I know you're gonna come back with the snitches excuse, seems to easy to just fall back on that all the time

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Stopped reading after "Fox News".

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Not nearly the appel to authority tho.

And why do you fell the news to call everyone thugs? What do you know about all these people?

And no I would not be surprised since there were many witnesses that seem to go against what the cop side of the story.

I know you're gonna come back with the snitches excuse, seems to easy to just fall back on that all the time

No more arguing from me on this matter. When, not if, Wilson is officially cleared of all charges by the grand jury, and the ensuing riots, looting , and burning down of community owned businesses occurs, this will become back-page news within a year like the Trayvon Martin case. After residents bite their noses off despite their face, and all you thug apologists are still hand-wringing, Ferguson will then slowly transform itself into another Detroit.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

So no answer on why everyone needs to be labeled as thugs?
Thought so

I guess if you are poor and black, you are a thug, no middle ground there

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
The question should be this:

If the officer is found innocent, based off of the evidence, then what happens next?

That is a question that should be on everyone's mind. The media coverage of this has been to the point of extremes, both to convict the officer and the person who got shot. And yet no one ever saw the evidence that would show one way or the other as to the guilt or innocence of either person.

Some would say this is due to society, that it is societies fault due to the treatment of the African American person, that because their ancestors were held as slaves, they would demand that there is no equality in society for them. Yet, when it is pointed out where the faults are, they tend to try to either dismiss such or cry foul.

And on the flip side, some of the claims are correct, society has not been kind in the past towards those who are of a minority status, that they have done some things in the past to either hold back, or to prevent an upward growth.

Both sides have valid points, and at times neither side wants to admit that they are correct. And to make matters worse, is that the screams of racism comes out far too often, where it no longer has the impact it once did, along with those of the likes of Sharpton, Jackson and Farakhan, making things even worse. They tend to open up old wounds, digging in their claws and do not want the past to heal.

The reality is that the African American community needs to take equal responsibility for its actions, as much as they would blame the rest of society. If more people would take responsibility for their actions, to include ceasing to break the law, then perhaps actions like this would not be so gripping to the public. And the group that is considered the majority needs to be a bit more understanding of those who are minorities, as studies are showing they are slowly losing that position.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

So no answer on why everyone needs to be labeled as thugs?

Thought so

I guess if you are poor and black, you are a thug, no middle ground there

Don't project your overt racism on me. Nowhere have I said "if you are poor and black, you are a thug". Just because you're stereotyping, don't lump me in. In fact, there are a few black folks who have been compelled to testify before the grand jury and have gone against the grain of the pro-Brown version of events. These brave souls have sided with Wilson's version of events despite the possibility of retribution. They obviously aren't intimidated by the "snitches get stitches" threat.

"But more than a half-dozen unnamed black witnesses have provided testimony to a St. Louis County grand jury that largely supports Wilson’s account of events of Aug. 9, according to several people familiar with the investigation who spoke with The Washington Post".
www.washingtonpost.com... story.html

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Lol nice flip there, you're the one that keeps calling the community of Ferguson thugs not me and I am asking you why you do that.
And yes I have heard about the unnamed sources we already had this discussion

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: 8675309jenny

Yeah because the theft of a blunt is totally worth a death. Maybe he wouldn't be stealing dirt cheap things or being aggressive if he wasn't part of an oppressed demonized underclass.

One black kid steals something that costs a dollar or two and there's instant police response followed by a dead black kid. Wall street businessman destroys thousands of middle class families and he is applauded and protected and well paid.

All the evidence in the world doesn't change the root cause of the anger of the black community. They're tired of being oppressed after fighting for equality for some 200 years.

The key difference is some Wall Street trader doesn't dive into a cops window and start throwing punches.

It had ZERO to do with this kids socio-economic status, and EVERYTHING to do with assaulting a police officer.

Look through posse-comitatus, I'm one of the last people to defend a crappy cop!

Honestly, you have to be insane to start assaulting a police officer in this country.

I'm amazed people are sticking up for this thug after not only the way he treated the store owner, but PROOF he went after the cop first, which is what some of us suspected from the beginning. The guy, yes, GUY, he was no child, but a huge bully, would be alive today, if he didn't attack people or use his size by intimidating people, so he can steal what did NOT belong to him. It's NEVER o.k. To put your hands on anyone, black, white purple or blue. Get over the race crap. He was a stealing thug that thought he was bad ass enough to take a gun from a cop FFS!!!! By law, he is a MAN. If anyone wants to argue, don't bother, I've stuck to my guns from day one. MAN THUG.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Lol nice flip there, you're the one that keeps calling the community of Ferguson thugs not me and I am asking you why you do that.

And yes I have heard about the unnamed sources we already had this discussion

Hey Skippy, no flipping from me. You are right I refer to the 'community' of Fergeson as thugs. The word 'community' is not the words 'poor and black'. There are all kinds of people that make up a community. Nice try though.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: j.r.c.b.

originally posted by: 8675309jenny

I'm amazed people are sticking up for this thug after not only the way he treated the store owner, but PROOF he went after the cop first, which is what some of us suspected from the beginning. The guy, yes, GUY, he was no child, but a huge bully, would be alive today, if he didn't attack people or use his size by intimidating people, so he can steal what did NOT belong to him. It's NEVER o.k. To put your hands on anyone, black, white purple or blue. Get over the race crap. He was a stealing thug that thought he was bad ass enough to take a gun from a cop FFS!!!! By law, he is a MAN. If anyone wants to argue, don't bother, I've stuck to my guns from day one. MAN THUG.

You have to overlook the thuggery though. He was a gentle giant who was college bound. Please don't point out the bad attributes and stick to the script as promulgated by the media

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join