It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Michael Brown Evidence Reported by NY Times

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lyxdeslic

originally posted by: feldercarb
a reply to: Lyxdeslic

Your third sentence is untrue. He did not receive a death sentence for stealing. He committed at least strong armed robbery which is a felony. Second, if he assaulted the police officer he committed a second felony. Thus, he did not commit one minor crime but potentially two major violent crimes. Michael Brown appears to have been an angry young man. This becoming more and more of a problem within our society.

The rest of your statements are true.

The sentencing for strong armed robbery is 1-20 years in jail. Not death. www.avvo.com...

the sentencing in most states for assaulting a cop is 5-25 years in jail, again, not death. www.criminaldefenselawyer.com...

And even so, it isn't known for sure what REALLY happened, as we've learned that the 'witnesses' are unreliable. And 'evidence' seems to contradict itself. I'm not saying this kid is not in the wrong, because he was. He should have been taught better, at the least to respect authority figures. But the cop could have better understood the situation. I mean... They are trained to not shoot unless absolutely necessary.

With evidence that contradicts other evidence, and witnesses who are unreliable, the only thing we know for certain is that Michael Brown was a potential suspect for a strong armed robbery, and he was shot repeatedly.

But your third sentence was still untrue. You were trying to minimize his involvement. Michael Brown died in a altercation with a police officer. There is video of his aggressive behavior with a store employee. That aggressive behavior occurred minutes before the altercation with the police officers. Yes, it is unfortunate that Michael Brown died. But his behavior prior to being shot is what put him in harms way.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: feldercarb

Him walking in the street is what caused him to get shot, as that is what drew the attention of the officer.
He did not even know about the incident at the store initially.

Everything after that is speculative, there were 3 people at the scene that saw it first hand.
One is dead, one is the friend of the deceased and one is the cop.
Somewhere in there is the truth, sadly we only get to hear 2/3

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Him walking in the street is what caused him to get shot, as that is what drew the attention of the officer.
He did not even know about the incident at the store initially.

Everything after that is speculative, there were 3 people at the scene that saw it first hand.
One is dead, one is the friend of the deceased and one is the cop.
Somewhere in there is the truth, sadly we only get to hear 2/3

But Big Mike sure "knew" about the incident at the store didn't he.

I bet he was reacting as *IF* he was going to get pinched for that right then and there.

He thought the cops were hot on his trail.

And I still think he may have been hopped up and *that* is what clouded his thinking.

He grabbed for the gun as his only way to salvation in his own mind.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

How?
People run when they think cops are coming after them, not reach for their gun as a means to get away.

edit on thSat, 18 Oct 2014 14:58:29 -0500America/Chicago1020142980 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

How?
People run when they think cops are coming after them, not reach for their gun as a means to get away.

Brown wasn't in his right mind.

That explains the irrational behavior at the store and on the street.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Or if we assume the worst about Michael Brown, that he had been conditioned, due to his environment, that bullying and aggressive behavior will work in his favor every time. Michael Brown may have thought that an aggressive behavior has always worked before. I am just speculating do not take this as a truth as to how Michael Brown felt or thought.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: riffraff

So if your son or brother or even just friend stole $50 worth of stuff, or walked in the street, or tussled with a cop, or whatever the real reason is, and got shot by a cop for it you'd just say "he had it coming, you must respect the police and the law" ?.

Really? You're just completely down with the whole judge jury executioner in one man dynamic? What happened to subduing suspects with non lethal force?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45
Once again, I'm not saying Michaels life was worth $50. I'm saying you should speak in truth

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Lol which version of truth do you want? Do you ascribe to the infallible cop/ dirty animal paradigm or the dirty cop / angelic black kid paradigm?

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

I wasn't there. I don't know the truth. And neither do you. That's what we have in common. Where we differ is I won't distort the truth to get people to agree with my agenda.
As far as dirty cops I've had plenty of experience with those.
As for thugs, I've met plenty of them too. Black and white

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Double post

edit on 19-10-2014 by riffraff because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Lol my agenda is treating humans fairly. Apparently that's awful.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Not surprised that the "new" testimony is coming forward. Not that I'm saying its false, but, this whole event is screaming psyop. The whole Ferguson thing could have been lessened if they came out this cops statement and the FBI report earlier. But instead they let this run out on MSM. Cop lovers and boot lickers will say see its justified no matter what. moderate people will see the cop was right, and people who want reform will waste their time working towards raising awareness of killer cops, only to have the rug pulled out from under them in a timely and planned fashion, just like this testimony and this NYT article has done.

No doubt this is a psyop. Now I'm sure the shooting is no hoax, the guy is dead, the cop probably acted in self defense, and the protesters are real although some maybe crisis actors and paid agitators. But of all the shootings for the MSM to pick up on and fan the (racial) flames, they pick a justifiable good shooting amongst all the other bad shootings that occur. IMO that's no accident. With the reporting of cops shooting family pets, shooting people, tossing grenades into cribs, it would appear that this case is being used to redirect peoples attention to manage their expectations of reform on how cops should be interacting with citizens.

What the internet is doing is merely showing the public the way they are and have always been abused by government and its agents. Sorry to burst your bubbles but Cops are not a fourth branch of government lying outside of the constitution. Remember the people have rights. Cops only have authority derived from statutes or from policy and policy is even lower authority than regular law. And the Constitution trumps statutes, regulations and policies. Therefore the peoples' rights to life, property, privacy, and all the bill of rights trumps any statute or any policy. There are a number of things that need to be reformed in this country and near the top of the list is the necessity for independent prosecutors in cases where a cop kills a citizen because I will never be convinced that a cop friendly prosecutor will do all that is necessary when seeking an indictment or conviction and its this doubt in the system that has a real corrosive effect on the the Constitution. Government weakens the constitution by not protecting peoples rights and cops think that they can get away with it so they are emboldened to be even more abusive. And all of these comments and criticisms are weakened when the case involves a media frenzied good shooting... or are they weakened? /psyop
edit on 19-10-2014 by dieseldyk because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-10-2014 by dieseldyk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
In regards to the cigars he stole... he could have stole them 10 years prior or 10 minutes piror, it is completely irrelevant to his rights as a human in our "civilized" world. It was never called in, so it has nothing to do with what happened, only has to do with how you decide to label this young black kid in a system meant to give him no future... to deny your own intelligence of believing that such a system does not exist, show's the ignorance and lack of knowledge of our European history. Which may correlate to many other "primitive" thoughts is such brains.

Regarding the topic, it goes along with the testimony of the friend that was with him. I never doubted the first 5 testimonies that came out. I believe this kid to have been murdered in cold blood. My black friend asked me if any "white people" witnessed it, I said "No." so he shook his head and said "Damn...". But that was before the video of the 2 contractors.

edit on 10/12/10 by anicetus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Why is all this just coming out now?

Sounds like cover-up BS to me

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
well if robo cop didn't try to grab guy from inside the patrol car like some dumb ass he might not have instigated the situtation into a death. less donuts so he could get out of car and run down his perps might help roo
. no body deserves to die for 40 dollars woth of cigars

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

really the only valid reason for that cop to have sicharged his gun as many times as he did ay yhe deceased is to return fire after being fired upon, cop clearly was in the wrong and i say hads gis butt over to mob

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The evidence is supporting the police officers story.

The office was in the car when the first shots were fired. Hence blood on the inside of the car and on the officers uniform

It is always a sad situation when someone is killed by a police officer. However, it seems like the officer was indeed in fear of his life when he discharge his weapon.

a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Wildbob77

Or it could support that Wilson grabbed him and then shot him as he was trying to get away.
I'm sure 'he was in fear for his life' they always are it seems like.
Maybe if they didn't get told ever day that everyone was out to kill them they wouldn't be

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

There is no proof to what your saying. Just witness account that have yet to be cross examined and verified. You are correct that nobody needs to die for a theft, but there is no proof that is the main reason for the shooting. And all you have done is vilify the police person like some have vilified Michael Brown. It just makes you look biased.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join