It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bigger the Lie..Media Bias on Scottish Independence

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

My agenda is to make sure these 2 little girls have a fair crack at life.
I can post pictures of my kids anywhere I want for reasons you won't understand.

Buddy if you can't debate the issue or don't have the mindset to do so, please stop.
My Agenda is to stop Scotland being involved in all I post here. You as a Scotsman? Are happy to stay with this corruption from Westminster?
Just over the last month we have seen lies, fear tactics and more from Tory/Labour tag team

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: shauny

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Scotland has 100 years of Oil left, Westminster has 4 days worth left.

And that is FACT! The oil where Faslane is will be drilled and run, help Scotland become a county like Norway, Finland and all the other Northern European countries. You know Norway has the best standard of living on earth?

Well said that man!

Someone is living in fantasy land here.

In 2013 ( that was well after the referendum was announced ) over £14 billion was invested in North Sea Oil by private equity companies ( some of then London based and owned or with major English Shareholders)

If you think there was going to be an issue with who owns the oil, these companies would have held fire until after the referendum.

www.ft.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Mod Note:

This thread WILL be closed if the personal attacks become any more prevalent.

Not only that, but perhaps nothing less than a posting ban will occur for the worst offenders.

OK?

Debate the issues and stay away from slagging each other.

Do not reply to this post

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I find it impossible to debate you. You can't debate.
Did you read ANY of what I posted? Sex crime? The pound issue? Did you read the letter from the old guy I know from the 1979 try at this? When there was no social media so we could in an instant spread the truth through the lies.

Vote no, but come Friday, you will be in a very small minority. And you can quote me and come back to me.
You can even email me. In-fact I urge you do email or contact me on Friday when Scotland is free.

I don't do hate or be nasty, you do. So I am sorry, I refuse to debate hate.
You just can't debate, you bring lies to the debate. I have added as much info here as anyone would ever need to see holes in Westminster, you have not bothered to read one word. You have an agenda. I have educated debate. You don't my friend. And I say that with the utmost respect

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Also I am trying VERY hard to keep this debate on topic.
I have said I won't debate the guy any more. So I stop.
See this is what Yes voters get in Scotland, people who can't debate but throw hate and insults at people.
I don't hate English people. I have tried as hard as I can to stick to the rules of this forum where I have been for 10 years now. It is very hard when hatred gets thrown at you.

Just saying..
Respect

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: shauny

Do you really think Westminster has a monopoly on this vile subject ?

Scottish Labour’s justice spokesman, Graeme Pearson MSP, said: “The SNP now stands alone in its refusal to implement a full and proper inquiry into instances of historic child abuse. Read more at thirdforcenews.org.uk...

thirdforcenews.org.uk...

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I can post pictures of my kids anywhere I want for reasons you won't understand.

Buddy if you can't debate the issue or don't have the mindset to do so, please stop.
My Agenda is to stop Scotland being involved in all I post here. You as a Scotsman? Are happy to stay with this corruption from Westminster?
Just over the last month we have seen lies, fear tactics and more from Tory/Labour tag team

Where did I say I was Scottish?

Re: the pictures thing, it's more etiquette and then using them as appeal to emotion is something that I personally find distasteful, but I can see you post from the heart. I personally can't debate with you as you believe Scotland (and by virtue of that, Holyrood) is all sweetness and light, in no way tainted.

I don't need to read your propaganda, but I understand your wish to be part of an independent country. I'm neither for or against, and whatever happens in the vote I wish the best for everyone.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

Re: the pictures thing, it's more etiquette and then using them as appeal to emotion is something that I personally find distasteful, but I can see you post from the heart. I personally can't debate with you as you believe Scotland (and by virtue of that, Holyrood) is all sweetness and light, in no way tainted.

I don't need to read your propaganda, but I understand your wish to be part of an independent country. I'm neither for or against, and whatever happens in the vote I wish the best for everyone.

originally posted by: alldaylong

Scottish Labour’s justice spokesman, Graeme Pearson MSP, said: “The SNP now stands alone in its refusal to implement a full and proper inquiry into instances of historic child abuse. Read more at thirdforcenews.org.uk...

~~~

Soloprotocol you are correct mate, these guys are not even Scottish, it has no fall on them this vote.
I refuse to debate the two people above. They are trying to get the thread closed. If the chief decides to close it, it's because of the Unionist hatred that does exist masked as religious tension through political hatred in Scotland. I am not new to this agenda, so I refuse to debate people that are not Scottish but want to throw hatred at me and others.

Not good, not fair and it just ruins it for everyone.
I will go where I can debate with No voters and have good debate with it

edit on 15/9/2014 by shauny because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
[
Did you actually read the OP ?

It was aimed at The U.K. media. As a citizen of the U.K. i have every right to comment on this thread.

So what would you like to contribute on this thread about the U.K. media? I have not seen a single thing from you on that subject as yet.

edit on 15-9-2014 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I do not believe that Scotland will be 'allowed to leave the UK because England, which runs from Westminster would be so much smaller a country, with less tax revenues - which is the problem - so will never allow this to happen. I suspect the vote will be rigged to stop this happening and all the flurry of Gosh suddenly Westminster has woken to the fact that Scotland might leave, is nothing but a smoke screne.

Westminster would certainly have had a plan to fix the poll because England will have no major standing in the world if it only includes Wales and NI. The government at Westminster will not sit on the top power table, it won't be a world player due to lack of finance and the queen will loose so much of her public purse she would wet herself. She's staying Balmoral at the moment and would probably cling to the railings were Scotland ever to tell her to push off.

The English are ignored as though they don't exist - and I am sick of it. I actually don't think Scottish Welsh or Irish MPs should sit in Westminster when they have their own assemblies yet there is no English Assembly.

I wish Scotland would leave the UK and then our government, not ponsing around on the world stage would be able to focus on things English for a change and meet the English public - it would be a first for them and a welcome change as far as I am concerned.

The Prof was absolutely right in his video, all the news is politically slanted and this was brought home when a friend who was a camera man for ITV filmed the miners strike and also the poll tax troubles. He left when his footage was cut and altered so it showed on the national news what didn't happen. We might be a so-called 'democracy' but we are an institutionalised dictatorship and always have been D notices saw to that.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

thirdforcenews.org.uk...

From your Source.

A Scottish Government spokesperson said: “It is not for the Scottish Government to investigate alleged offences in Westminster. However, if Mr Pearson has any information on this or any other alleged abuse then this should be passed to the police. Read more at thirdforcenews.org.uk...

Scottish government has no jurisdiction over Westminster....Westminster can close Holyrood down if they so wish to...now do you see the difference.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

I've thought this for a while now. I just can't imagine it being allowed to happen. I might be proven wrong soon enough.

edit on 15-9-2014 by helldiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

thirdforcenews.org.uk...

From your Source.

A Scottish Government spokesperson said: “It is not for the Scottish Government to investigate alleged offences in Westminster. However, if Mr Pearson has any information on this or any other alleged abuse then this should be passed to the police. Read more at thirdforcenews.org.uk...

Scottish government has no jurisdiction over Westminster....Westminster can close Holyrood down if they so wish to...now do you see the difference.

So the 6 SNP MP's who sit in Westminster are totally dis interested in getting to the bottom of this vile practice?

That's an interesting point you make.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: helldiver
a reply to: Shiloh7

I've thought this for a while now. I just can't imagine it being allowed to happen. I might be proven wrong soon enough.

In countries like Liberia, Nigeria etc.. they just throw the Votes that dont suit them in the bin.
Here in the UK TPTB get in with the Media and Lie and Manipulate the people through Television and newspapers headlines, and i say headlines because after the headline, if you understand even the basic of the English Language," you very quickly understand that the story doesn't match the Headline...

it's been going on for two years now. anyone here in Scotland can see it...you need to be blind, deaf and dumb not to.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

thirdforcenews.org.uk...

From your Source.

So the 6 SNP MP's who sit in Westminster are totally dis interested in getting to the bottom of this vile practice?

That's an interesting point you make.

I dont know, you better ask them.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

[
Did you actually read the OP ?

It was aimed at The U.K. media. As a citizen of the U.K. i have every right to comment on this thread.

So what would you like to contribute on this thread about the U.K. media? I have not seen a single thing from you on that subject as yet.

ok, relax.
Let's make one thing PERFECTLY clear, I am interested in Scotland, the media reporting Scotland and it's lies.
I have given ample proof about various issues that will change the lives of people in Scotland.
Why are you involved in a debate that has nothing to do with you, that has no impact on your life.
I feel sorry for you, as I do my family and friends in England. When we leave the War Machine, my family will be stuck in England with Austerity cuts. I can only comment on my country and the lies coming at us in an awful manner as if we are fools buddy

Shocking, Dangerous and could make people get scared and worse, from Westminster/Cameron

Proof we can use the £

And a really decent reporter telling a story we all see here in Scotland.

With all due respect you reply to me 10 times then mention "Did I read the OP" Because you ran out of hate my friend.
If this is indeed about the OP and the media lies, then I am joining in befitting a decent man yes?

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
I do not believe that Scotland will be 'allowed to leave the UK because England, which runs from Westminster would be so much smaller a country, with less tax revenues - which is the problem - so will never allow this to happen. I suspect the vote will be rigged to stop this happening and all the flurry of Gosh suddenly Westminster has woken to the fact that Scotland might leave, is nothing but a smoke screne

There will be no 'Rigged Election' That I can tell you as fact. How do I know? Well I know the two companies from another country with GREAT ties to Scotland that have been tasked to count the votes. There will be an SNP Member present at every count. It is simple. A pile of x-no or x-yes. Two piles of paper.

Westminster tried to add DevoMax the other day, Salmond offered it on the vote at the 'Edinburgh Agreement' pictured below

Westminster are in turmoil, they thought, like in 1979 Scotland would bottle it. But we taught each other 1979.

There is NO CHANCE Scotland will fall for this again. The old are no voters. I know 4 people voting no, everyone I speak to and I know a lot of people due to my Disability and what I do in Scotland and everyone I know doesn't know more than 6 no voters. The media (As the OP said) tried to fool us. Once bitten, twice shy right ?

Buddy I want to talk to you like a person, not some agenda ridden computer bot.
I asked the question of "Social Media" plants and right enough last week they were out in force. But we expected them
shaunynews.com...

If it is a yes vote, brilliant.
If it is a no vote, we get DevoMax

To suggest Westminster will send a team up here to do the vote count on Scottish soil is silly mate.
It will be counted and done right. 10's of thousands have already voted by posted and the word between Journalists and Politicians alike is there is, so far a 62% for yes. There are 4.2 Million registered to vote out of just below a 5 Million populous.

Laid out in reality

Why we will vote yes buddy

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Check you FB page Shaun..

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

You're something of a mystery to me. Can you please, for the record, clarify your intentions in contributing to this thread.

To quote you from page 2 of this thread:

I will be voting NO.

I can't see how people could be so stupid as to vote yes, when they don't know what currency they will get or any other details.

All of us will be poorer in the event of a yes vote especially the citizens of Scotland.

How can you be neither for or against when you are voting no? I wonder......

edit on 15-9-2014 by helldiver because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join