It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bigger the Lie..Media Bias on Scottish Independence

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

What are you going to do will all the people on this list? Ignore them? Ban them? Hell, deport them? Have you never heard of reconciliation? What happens after the vote?

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
You know The phrase "The Shot that was Heard around the World" more recently attributed to Martin Luther King..

Does anyone believe a new phrase will be born on Friday morning when David Cameron wakes up , flips on the news and fills his Egyptian Cotton Pyjama bottoms because Scotland Has finally slipped it's chains from London Rule...will Friday at Daves house be known as "The $#!t that was heard around the World"...??
edit on 17-9-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Many Tories are hopping mad that Cameron has 'allowed' the referendum to go ahead, I'm thinking that whatever the result is there will be a vote of no confidence in Cameron after it's over.

I'm just worried that if/when they hoof Cameron out they will replace him with that buffoon Boris Johnson, he's truly a nastier tory than Cameron is.

I think the biased reporting by the media could well have the opposite effect and push many of the 'don't knows' into voting 'yes', because I can't think of a better way to motivate people than to tell them they can't survive on their own and will go under.

Good luck Scotland whatever the outcome. I'm rooting for you 'yes' people.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: doobydoll

All the major political parties under estimated the discontent and alienation felt in Scotland, (and which many other regions in rUK also feel), and were quite dismissive of their concerns.

As I've repeatedly stated, I hope Scotland votes against independence.
I don't think its really necessary to repeat my reasoning's yet again at this moment.
But one things for certain; UK politics will never be the same again.
The level of support for the 'Yes' campaign can not be ignored and they have raised some valid points that need addressing as a matter of urgency.
They have successfully highlighted the failings of the London centric nature of UK politics and society to such an extent that there is a growing support for increased devolution of power to all the regions of the UK.

Like many I feel the biggest mistake was the omission of the Devo-Max option from the ballot paper.

Its great that the Scottish people have this opportunity to decide for itself what direction they wish their country to take, I just hope that before placing that X in the box they do so after considering ALL the facts from an unprejudiced viewpoint.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I fear that for many Scots it is more a vote against the Tories rather than for independence, and like you say at the very least it has highlighted the failings of UK gov, not only with regards to Scotland but the whole UK. Maybe the Tories, and other parties, will learn a valuable lesson from this - governing a union of nations involves more than attending to the interests of only business and finances, the ordinary people in society whose lives are suffering as a result will stand up and be heard one way or another. Gov needs to understand that the majority of society's regular folk aren't money-grabbing freaks and don't think like one, they just want to live an ordinary life. I think that for many, this vote is their voice of protest and gov can only blame itself if they vote yes.

I agree that all this will change UK politics, I think it needs changing and will be a good thing.

I wish the Scots good luck whatever the outcome.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: helldiver

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: shauny
a reply to: uncommitted

My agenda is to make sure these 2 little girls have a fair crack at life.
I can post pictures of my kids anywhere I want for reasons you won't understand.

Buddy if you can't debate the issue or don't have the mindset to do so, please stop.
My Agenda is to stop Scotland being involved in all I post here. You as a Scotsman? Are happy to stay with this corruption from Westminster?
Just over the last month we have seen lies, fear tactics and more from Tory/Labour tag team

Where did I say I was Scottish?

Re: the pictures thing, it's more etiquette and then using them as appeal to emotion is something that I personally find distasteful, but I can see you post from the heart. I personally can't debate with you as you believe Scotland (and by virtue of that, Holyrood) is all sweetness and light, in no way tainted.

I don't need to read your propaganda, but I understand your wish to be part of an independent country. I'm neither for or against, and whatever happens in the vote I wish the best for everyone.

You're something of a mystery to me. Can you please, for the record, clarify your intentions in contributing to this thread.

To quote you from page 2 of this thread:

I will be voting NO.

I can't see how people could be so stupid as to vote yes, when they don't know what currency they will get or any other details.

All of us will be poorer in the event of a yes vote especially the citizens of Scotland.

How can you be neither for or against when you are voting no? I wonder......

For the record, i got the above totally wrong and apologise to Uncertainty. The above was quoted from another poster, not Uncertainty. My bad.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: doobydoll
Many Tories are hopping mad that Cameron has 'allowed' the referendum to go ahead, I'm thinking that whatever the result is there will be a vote of no confidence in Cameron after it's over.

I'm just worried that if/when they hoof Cameron out they will replace him with that buffoon Boris Johnson, he's truly a nastier tory than Cameron is.

I think the biased reporting by the media could well have the opposite effect and push many of the 'don't knows' into voting 'yes', because I can't think of a better way to motivate people than to tell them they can't survive on their own and will go under.

Good luck Scotland whatever the outcome. I'm rooting for you 'yes' people.

Call-Me-Dave is screwed, no matter what happens. If Scotland says 'Yes' then he realises that he is the man who let the Union be broken on his watch, the man who failed in the mission of his party - to protect the Union. And he falls on his sword. He'll have to, it will be the ultimate proof of his failure. If Scotland says 'No' then he's equally screwed. He has given away extra power to the Scottish Parliament, which his party has not approved. To make matters worse in order to make sure that Scotland doesn't call for another vote any time soon he will have to row back to the centre to conciliate the Scots. Which means no right wing insanity like the Bedroom Tax (which went down like a lead balloon in Scotland) and no pandering to UKIP in the matter of immigrants and Europe. Which will further drive the ongoing and frankly inevitable civil war in the Tory party. Have you ever met any of the battier Tories? I have. They're nuts. There will be a split. UKIP will gain at least 20-30 MPs and Cameron will be taken away in a straitjacket, babbling incoherently about toothy men called Nigel who swill beer.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Tick Tock...Tick Tock...Tick Tock......Tick.................... Time's Up..

edit on 18-9-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Tick Tock...Tick Tock...Tick Tock......Tick.................... Time's Up..

Seriously, if there's a 'No' vote, what will your reaction be?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I think the NO vote are keeping their vote hidden and will come out today

As for the anti English and typical class warfare comments on this thread that only reflects badly on the yes campaign

Vote with your heart and accept the outcome no matter the way it swings

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Looking like 4 out of the 6 cities are YES

Glasgow , Aberdeen , Dundee , Inverness
and the majority I have spoken to from Glasgow are yes
if any of you witnessed the pre referendum vote party in George
square in Glasgow last night you would see we are all united for the YES vote
what a positive vibe coming from Glasgow.

of course the police asked the Unionists to move on as they were singing religious songs and trying to encite violence
they were of course a tiny percentage of the No voters

Im thinking the yes are going to swing it not by a midgies baw hair but by a highland coos baw hair

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword
I think the NO vote are keeping their vote hidden and will come out today

As for the anti English and typical class warfare comments on this thread that only reflects badly on the yes campaign

Vote with your heart and accept the outcome no matter the way it swings

It may be a No Vote but all that has been achieved by media bias and Westminster lies is they have staved Independence off for a little while yet...

Once Westminster has no more use for us Scots only then will they grant us our Independence free of charge, Unfortunately all they have achieved is create a inveterate hatred towards them in the shameful way they have conducted themselves.

Be Warned Westminster. We will Remember what you have done always, we will never forgive nor forget.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
That's fair enough the rest of Britain will never forgive and forget Mr Blair,Brown and Darling who on reflection look like they wanted to break up the United Kingdom and bankrupt it with their idiotic handling of our economy,immigration and Middle East wars that the public didn't want and were not legal tarnishing our once good name for many generations to come

Best of luck to you all,will be a long night

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

That's fair enough the rest of Britain will never forgive and forget Mr Blair,Brown and Darling who on reflection look like they wanted to break up the United Kingdom and bankrupt it with their idiotic handling of our economy,immigration and Middle East wars that the public didn't want and were not legal tarnishing our once good name for many generations to come

We will be going after them first...you still dont get it do you.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

We will be going after them first...you still dont get it do you.

And what, precisely, will you be doing to them?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Well his tick tock has stopped that's a relief as I thought Will Smith might have to save the day as the mothership blew up our parliament

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join