It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bigger the Lie..Media Bias on Scottish Independence

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

There's been attacks on both sides - both camps have their share of dickheads and arseholes.

But as with most things relating to this debate both sides choose to ignore their own failings and highlight those of the opposite side.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Russia Today? Vladimir "The West is stinky!!!" Putin's mouthpiece? Oh come off it. And as for your post about Westminster casting aside countries once they are dome with the resources of a country, that is total rubbish. Name one verifiable example.

Russia Today now being quoted. He is getting desperate.

On a more worrying note, it looks like vote rigging is taking place. Labour have made an official complaint.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Now i think YOU are getting desperate...

The Labour Party has made a formal complaint to the returning officer after No campaign canvassers in East Ayrshire found at least four children aged between three and 11 who were on the register and had received polling cards to vote. The child voters only came to light because their parents, who did not register them, alerted the No campaign.

Sounds like No Campaign Fantasy land to me...Name them, lets here something more about this story other than " The nameless parents" alerted the No Campaign. Looks like the No camp's project fear has succeeded in Scaring itself to the point of utter desperation...Looks like we are going to lose...Lets call for a foul. I smell BS.

Are you proud of the proto-facist anti English racist group who support the " No " campaign?

www.telegraph.co.uk...

en.wikipedia.org...

Both sides can equally find skeletons in their cupboards.

Any Arrests, any proof of wrong doing other than what a London based arsewipe is leading you to believe. The Telegraph...you really believe this crap dont you...it's what we have been talking about here and in other threads..Biased Media Campaigns...will it ever sink in...lol

How did i know you were going to say that.
You have become so predictable. Your standard reply is deny, deny deny

:

And you standard reply is to print more unsubstantiated stories from pro union arsewipes.

Wikipedia pro union ?

Well that would be some support wouldn't it LOL
You know what is going on and it's to uncomfortable for you.

Ok Mr Deny lets see what else i can find for you to turn a blind eye to.

Please Keep em coming, i'm laughing at your attempts to find a Story on Independence that's not pro Union...so far you have failed miserably.

I have no problem in " Keeping it coming"

I am ready for you to deny this in 3..2...1

www.thecourier.co.uk...

One of your own newspapers so no London bias here as you call it

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Mod Note:

Let's keep the sniping to a minimum in this thread.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Do you consider The Sunday Post a biased, MSM publication?

An interesting editorial today.
www.sundaypost.com...

Are you going to simply dismiss this or ignore it?

From the same Paper. How low can the media stoop?...
As i have said previously in case you never caught it...only 1 of 32 Newspapers here in Scotland have came out in it's support of Independence. Just 1

Says everything to me about the standard of people who are employed in the newspaper and media industry as a whole. As long as it's not my child/family member i'll print it because it sells....Utter Scum.

ISIS targeted Scot to force yes vote
edit on 14-9-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Believe i've posted enough information for you to get your teeth into for one day if you care to watch the videos....

Instead of posting videos from other people who have opinions. Do you have any examples of BBC bias? Have you experienced bias?

Edit to add whether it is the fact the BBC pose difficult questions or (in opinion) point out that there are unanswered questions - like the currency.

Regards

There was a protest outside the royal concert hall on Buchannan street in Glasgow just the other day , the BBC reproted it as a small gathering , and focused more on the Orange order rally happening on the same street the same day , when in fact there were thousands of yes voters protesting , today thousands of protestors travelled to the BBC head offices in Glasgow to protest the Bias reporting.

wingsoverscotland.com...
this was the picture the BBC used and what really happened

and it seems they have now reported the march on Bias , looks like they are trying to give some coverage
but I have heard from hundreds of fellow Scots that the BBC are not reporting on yes campaign demos !

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

www.sundaypost.com...

As i have said previously in case you never caught it...only 1 of 32 Newspapers here in Scotland have came out in it's support of Independence. Just 1

Says everything to me about the standard of people who are employed in the newspaper and media industry as a whole. As long as it's not my child/family member i'll print it because it sells....Utter Scum.

Speaking as an insurance journalist and the son and nephew of financial journalists, I have to say this - you really don't understand the media. At all.

(post by alldaylong removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

Believe i've posted enough information for you to get your teeth into for one day if you care to watch the videos....

Instead of posting videos from other people who have opinions. Do you have any examples of BBC bias? Have you experienced bias?

Edit to add whether it is the fact the BBC pose difficult questions or (in opinion) point out that there are unanswered questions - like the currency.

Regards

There was a protest outside the royal concert hall on Buchannan street in Glasgow just the other day , the BBC reproted it as a small gathering , and focused more on the Orange order rally happening on the same street the same day , when in fact there were thousands of yes voters protesting , today thousands of protestors travelled to the BBC head offices in Glasgow to protest the Bias reporting.

wingsoverscotland.com...

and it seems they have now reported the march on Bias , looks like they are trying to give some coverage
but I have heard from hundreds of fellow Scots that the BBC are not reporting on yes campaign demos !

Thanks for this...I thought i was the only paranoid freak in Scotland to notice what the hell is going on..OK, I know exactly what's going on and i know i'm not that paranoid. The freak part, Well we both argue about that from time to time...anyway that's another story.
Certain individuals here need conformation of what is going on here other than my word for it it seems...Look at the quotes left on the page...tells it's own story and backs up mine...like i need back up...lol

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

www.sundaypost.com...

only 1 of 32 Newspapers here in Scotland have came out in it's support of Independence. Just 1

That's what democracy is all about. Newspapers can choose which side to support.
Or would you have rather lived in Nazi Germany where that freedom was taken away.

You really are making yourself look a complete tool with comments such as this.

32 to 1 sounds like Nazi Germany to me.

(post by alldaylong removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Repeated Mod Note:

Stop the personal sniping.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

edit on 14-9-2014 by AngryCymraeg because: Mod warning

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
re-opened as promised
edit on 15/9/14 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Oh My, looks like the Campaign is starting to bite already. These people who have chosen to side with Westminster have backed the wrong horse. regardless of the result on Friday we will bury them for their treachery.

Anoth er month and another set of declining sales among daily and Sunday newspapers in Scotland

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

This is a video showing us all how the Media manipulates the public.
Its a Video about the Biased UK Media on the subject of Scottish Independence, but it could just as well be about CNN, RT, Fox News Sky etc. etc

Here we have John Robertson Professor of Media Politics at the West of Scotland University talking about his research, his findings and how the BBC tried to get him the sack.

We will remember everyone of them regardless of the outcome at the end of this week.
Lets see how many Pro Union members try and defend this underhand Manipulation tactic.
Hey, the Sheeeple need a Shepard.

Here is but one of the many missing things that the BBC fail to show

mobile.twitter.com...

Croatia a country with nothin to do with us supporting the vote but the BBC never once showed this live, it circulated on Facebook / Twitter.

How can ANY Scot sing Flower of Scotland and vote no I will never understand, a no vote means we should change our national anthem to We sing about freedom, vote for slavery and debt.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

There is a general decline in newspaper sales throughout the whole of the UK as people seek alternative news sources.
My parents used to get 3 papers a day 7 days a week, now they get 1 a day.

Yet again, another case where Scotland is by no means unique.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   

There is a general decline in newspaper sales throughout the whole of the UK as people seek alternative news sources.
My parents used to get 3 papers a day 7 days a week, now they get 1 a day.

Yet again, another case where Scotland is by no means unique.

Yeah, 20/30,000 less readers for the Daily Record since January. this is just the start. we will remember them.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Oh My, looks like the Campaign is starting to bite already. These people who have chosen to side with Westminster have backed the wrong horse. regardless of the result on Friday we will bury them for their treachery.

Anoth er month and another set of declining sales among daily and Sunday newspapers in Scotland

Can you please sound a tad less aggressive. 'Bury them'??? And Freeborn is absolutely right - newspaper sales have been declining across the UK for years. And you're going to punish them no matter what the result is on Friday? Please never go into politics, you'd be divisive as hell. Ever heard of the spirit of conciliation?

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

They have reported the opinion of one highly respected Professor, how is that 'low'?
www.buckingham.ac.uk...

Do I agree with the Professor's opinion?
No - but I don't discount that it may, and I repeat, may, be a possibility.

Says everything to me about the standard of people who are employed in the newspaper and media industry as a whole.

Including the printers etc who rely on such employment to provide for their families?

As long as it's not my child/family member i'll print it because it sells....Utter Scum.

Unfortunately it seems to be a common trait in the journalistic world throughout the world where there seems to be a disproportionate number of morally defunct individuals employed.

But they do have a responsibility to report all viewpoints.

Are you trying to say that The Sunday Post has not tried to give an even, unbiased coverage of the independence debate in the build up to the referendum?
Did you bother to read the editorial in the link I provided?

If all the MSM outlets have been giving unbiased coverage how come the 'Yes' campaign have been managing to apparently increase their share of the vote - surely it relies on such outlets to get its message out there?

As for the BBC - I can only speak from the coverage given on its News website and I've got to say they have given quite a bit of exposure to Salmond, the Nats and the 'Yes' camp.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

Regards

wingsoverscotland.com...

Thanks for this...I thought i was the only paranoid freak in Scotland to notice what the hell is going on..OK, I know exactly what's going on and i know i'm not that paranoid. The freak part, Well we both argue about that from time to time...anyway that's another story.
Certain individuals here need conformation of what is going on here other than my word for it it seems...Look at the quotes left on the page...tells it's own story and backs up mine...like i need back up...lol

As someone in England but nevertheless unbiased whatever you may or may not think, I can confirm that the footage from both sides has been fairly proportionate, that is from the evening news and Newsnight on the nights it has been featured unless obviously it is a piece about an individual from one side or the other.

The crowd outside the BBC Scotland offices seemed to take offence at Salmond being asked tough questions that he couldn't answer.... that's what journalists are actually for, not to suck up to the man.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join