It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama ignores Boehner’s lawsuit threat: ‘I’ll keep taking actions on my own’

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

I agree whoever is President needs to be made an example of. If others would say Democrap or Republican't I would agree. But 90% say Democrap and then defend Repulican't no matter what they do or say, THAT is my problem with this. If it reverses, I will be making the same statement

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: mymymy
a reply to: whywhynot

How about a verse of "See you in November"?

And if your beloved Repubs win, can you explain how things will get better? Can you tell me WHO will make things better?
Nope didn't think so Can you conservatives expound on ANY of your comments??? I eagerly await your reply

We can start by throwing out all incumbents.

If they are in office right now they are the problem.

I promise not to vote for my Rep. (Issa).

Will you make the same promise about your Rep. ?

For me, I will vote only for a rep with 2 or fewer terms and a Senator with only 1 or less. Not to use those numbers as what i see as term limit (they should be a little greater than that) .

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
If someone legally changed their name to "None Of The Above" and could get on the ballot they would have a great chance at winning any US election.

Even knowing they are a person I would be damn tempted to vote for them to make a statement.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
If someone legally changed their name to "None Of The Above" and could get on the ballot they would have a great chance at winning any US election.

Even knowing they are a person I would be damn tempted to vote for them to make a statement.

No thats frigg'in brilliant, thats even better than my dart in a phone book vote.

Hillary
Christie
Paul
None of the above ✔

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: warren408
a reply to: neo96

If the IRS scandal goes to Obama he is going to get impeached.

IF ?

IRS Chief Shulman Paid Obama White House 157 Visits and Never Mentioned Anti-Right Persecution?

According to the White House’s most recent records, former IRS commissioner Douglas Shulman visited the Executive Mansion at least 157 times during the Obama administration. Shulman was IRS commissioner from March 24, 2008 to November 9, 2012.

In 4 years. 2 years of getting kicked out of the House.

'It' was 'never' mentioned.

I don't buy it.

Which is why I think it goes all the way to the White House.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Great example.

A trillion dollar example.

Thanks! I actually get excited when members like you or xuenchen like and/or agree with what I'm saying.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Can I ask why people take Boehner seriously? Man's a powerless idiot.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
Can I ask why people take Boehner seriously? Man's a powerless idiot.

Are you throwing fireballs this morning Angry?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I wonder who's going to pay the lawyers fees?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I saw two comments on here that made me laugh. First was about how they wouldn't vote for Jeb Bush unless their corpse was brought into the voting booth right? All I could think of was "Oh so you live in Chicago?"

The second was about Obama's accomplishments being stifled by Congress unfairly. Obama had a Democratic House and Senate for two years, after that people said "Oh heck no!". They managed to pass Obamacare. This is an excellent example why checks and balances need to be in place.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: KaDeCo
The second was about Obama's accomplishments being stifled by Congress unfairly. Obama had a Democratic House and Senate for two years, after that people said "Oh heck no!". They managed to pass Obamacare. This is an excellent example why checks and balances need to be in place.

Two years of filibusters. Do you know how the ACA was passed? What democrats had to do just to get that wretched bill passed? It sucked, they knew it sucked. It was the best they were going to get out of the GOP and the Blue Dogs. Obama had a supermajority for two months. Not two years. What do you expect the dems to do with two months?

If the GOP wants the Democrats to fail so badly because of bad policy then they should just give them everything they want. When it fails then, only then, can they come and say, 'See how bad it is?' No. They want to obstruct and hinder every which way they can. They want to cheat their way back to the majority.

Obama should've stopped trying to work with the GOP in 2010 and not now, in 2014.
The Party of No: New Details on the GOP Plot to Obstruct Obama

“If he was for it,” former Ohio Senator George Voinovich explained, “we had to be against it.”

They had Mitch McConnell telling people in 2012 the one thing he wanted was for Obama to be a one-term president. Break the government in any way they can then turn around and say, 'It's the administration's fault!'
'Obama shut down the government, not us!'
'Obama keeps spending money, not us!'
'Obama won't expand Medicaid in the states, not us!'

The GOP runs on a platform of 'not a democrat'. They don't run on a platform of legislation or ideas or even leadership. 'Vote for me, because I'm not that other guy!'

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

Two years of filibusters. Do you know how the ACA was passed? What democrats had to do just to get that wretched bill passed? It sucked, they knew it sucked. It was the best they were going to get out of the GOP and the Blue Dogs. Obama had a supermajority for two months. Not two years. What do you expect the dems to do with two months?
Zero Republicans voted for the ACA. And the Democrats (including the 2 Left Wing Independents) had 60 from July 7, 2009 to Aug 25, 2009. AND 60 from Sept 25, 2009 to Feb 4, 2010.

And, how 'bout detailing all those "filibusters" and what would have [probably not] been any positive outcomes otherwise.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Zero Republicans voted for the ACA. And the Democrats (including the 2 Left Wing Independents) had 60 from July 7, 2009 to Aug 25, 2009. AND 60 from Sept 25, 2009 to Feb 4, 2010.

And, how 'bout detailing all those "filibusters" and what would have [probably not] been any positive outcomes otherwise.

And today Republicans, Democrats, and citizens are all trying to run from Obama Care. The slogan should read "It's not fair it's Obama Care"

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Dead people only vote Democrat.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: infinitelycurious

Beg pardon? If you're making a bad point about voter fraud, go look up that case in Wisconsin. You know, that guy who voted four times. What was he again? Let me see now... Oh yes, a Republican.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: infinitelycurious

Beg pardon? If you're making a bad point about voter fraud, go look up that case in Wisconsin. You know, that guy who voted four times. What was he again? Let me see now... Oh yes, a Republican.

That was a joke, both parties are guilty of such nonsense. I am a student of the simple Motto of West Point Academy. Of which, I never attended. That doesn't mean I can't live by the Motto. "I will not lie, cheat, or Steal. Nor will I condone it.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Did anybody catch the authors of Obama's Enforcer (IIRC) on BookTV this weekend? It was very enlightening.
clip

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Senator Byrd was hospitalized for most of 2009. So to suggest that there was a supermajority from July to August is tenuous at best.

I'll buy into the late September to early February though. That's a whole four months of supermajority! Then again, congress, being as it is, took a number of those weeks off because of the holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, etc.).

As for details of the filibusters: Cloture Motions - 111th Congress

Cloture votes of the 111th congress.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Impact.

Impact.

What is/was the impact of all the legislation passed and not passed?

Hope springs eternal

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join