It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama ignores Boehner’s lawsuit threat: ‘I’ll keep taking actions on my own’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

What is preventing Boehner from his balancing power?

The Presidents party who is in charge of the Senate.

That's what.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

"Come on Mr. President that is 'democracy' in action. You know where the people actually have a say. "

Yes WE Do , and WE Say Impeach !

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

If Obama was a republican he would be.

As Krauthammer says:

Krautha mmer: If Obama Were A Republican, He Would've Been Impeached Over These Abuses

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Given that data, how can you possibly reconcile the idea that 'the American people have spoken' through their representative voting when Obama won in 2012? Shouldn't he have lost?

All that would be true except it seems the Election was illegitimate.

But Dude, that was like two years ago.

So, until we figure out if the IRS was ordered by the White House to commit Election Fraud.

I would kind of appreciate it if he put the pen down.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

If obama was a white democrat he would have been impeached long ago.

White guilt is an incredibly powerful and highly underestimated weapon this administration has, and uses brilliantly.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

EVERY Democratic Senator and Congressman should be Voted Out Of Office by the People Until a Majority is Achieved for Impeachment of Obamanation . The 2014 Midterms are a Start , and from there the Goal should be to see Obama not completing his last two Years of Office , and having a Castrated Biden taking over until 2016 . How much More will Americans take from this Corrupt Administration before they Finally Hold it to the Letter of the Law ?
edit on 28-6-2014 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

So, until we figure out if the IRS was ordered by the White House to commit Election Fraud.

This is our John F. Kennedy assasination.

Oswald never 'acted' alone.

Neither did the IRS.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I wonder how Congress will handle this little gem?

President Said to Be Planning to Use Executive Authority on Carbon Rule

WASHINGTON — President Obama will use his executive authority to cut carbon emissions from the nation’s coal-fired power plants by up to 20 percent, according to people familiar with his plans, which will spur the creation of a state cap-and-trade program forcing industry to pay for the carbon pollution it creates.

Where is the action?

Oh I forgot, private insider trading. Invest in whatever will go up, when coal goes down. $$$

People familiar with the rule say that it will set a national limit on carbon pollution from coal plants, but that it will allow each state to come up with its own plan to cut emissions based on a menu of options that include adding wind and solar power, energy-efficiency technology and creating or joining state cap-and-trade programs. Cap-and-trade programs are effectively carbon taxes that place a limit on carbon pollution and create markets for buying and selling government-issued pollution permits.

Coming to a town near YOU.

In his first term Mr. Obama tried to push a cap-and-trade bill through Congress, but it died in the Senate in 2010. Republicans, Tea Party groups and the coal industry attacked Democrats who supported it, criticizing the legislation as a “cap and tax” that would raise energy prices. Cap and trade is now seen as political poison in Washington. But Republicans said that the new rule has created a back door for Mr. Obama to force through a politically inflammatory policy by reviving it in the states. “This E.P.A. regulation will breathe life into state-level cap-and-trade programs,” said Peter Shattuck, director of market initiatives at ENE, a Boston-based climate policy advocacy and research organization.

See when you actually follow the rules, stupid things like this don't make it through. How about an executive order funding new green and clean technology instead of taxing the sh!t out of an old infrastructure they helped create until it all crumbles down. Meanwhile they all get rich doing it.

edit on 28-6-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

What is preventing Boehner from his balancing power? The president writes an EO on EPA regulation, the congress writes a law saying that the EPA can't do that. Yeah...so difficult.

Yes so difficult since the Senate would have to pass it, and President would have to sign off.

Actually that's exactly what's been going on since 2011.

-0-Zero cooperation from Democrats -- against the population majority.

?????? *Are you Serious* ??????

[ notices big lump in throat and gulping pulsations ]

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

The current House of Representatives is hardly representative of the nation:
Read the Constitution about Districting. It's very "reveling". Population, not number of voters etc. etc.

Very discouraging for Left Wingers I understand.

Checks & Balances reign supreme.

And you don't seem to understand how votes work on Local levels and State levels and National levels.

[ shakes head ] [ wonders how people got through school ]

Civics 101.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Bind them with the strings of the Constitution.

I think somebody bought into his own hype.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Oh! So now it's all the senate's fault?

So the House can't stop the president because the Senate doesn't want them to. Sounds like the checks and balances are working as intended. Amazing how that works.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Yeah. Obama's a dick.

And then you have a Boner on the other end of the spectrum. Cosmic

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

sniff, sniff,sniff oh that is it, I smell November fear.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

Fear of Boehner losing his speakership? Hardly.

The point is, this president is better off ignoring the GOP than he is trying to work with them. They've been nothing but obstructionists and unwilling to work with anyone but themselves. They can barely manage to do that most of the time.

It's either everything the House wants or nothing. Seems they're a little upset that one house in one branch of government doesn't make them the be-all, end-all of government operations.

The way the districts are Gerrymandered I expect another 90+% retention in the house. The GOP can keep kicking and screaming and saying, 'See? We won the house, we represent the American people!' They might get the Senate, but I don't think they will. It's traditionally bad for the administration in mid-term elections. As long as they can keep you all riled up with Benghazi and the IRS and now 'executive overreach' they'll keep their numbers. They know that if you, their base, aren't riled up then you won't care enough to vote.

Rather than letting you know what they want to do they want you to know what the other guy is doing. That's a helluva a platform. "Vote for me because I'm not the other guy!"

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

sniff, sniff,sniff oh that is it, I smell November fear.

Yea, the Repubs DO have a lot of November fear. Instead of pissing and moaning about what this administration is not doing, how about a little insight as to what THEY will do? Is that too much to ask?

Despite all the straw man, ad hominem attacks on this site, and all the snide comments and stupid little jokes about Obama and the Democrats you right wingers make, you never, NEVER seem to showcase a man/woman on YOUR side that has the answer to everything. How about that huh? Show me a republican that would make this country all unicorns and rainbows.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: mymymy

Despite all the straw man

Do you mean strawmans like this:

Yea, the Repubs DO have a lot of November fear. Instead of pissing and moaning about what this administration is not doing, how about a little insight as to what THEY will do? Is that too much to ask?

Despite all the straw man, ad hominem attacks on this site, and all the snide comments and stupid little jokes about Obama and the Democrats you right wingers make, you never, NEVER seem to showcase a man/woman on YOUR side that has the answer to everything. How about that huh? Show me a republican that would make this country all unicorns and rainbows.

Don't recall the republicans using the IRS to target their 'enemies'.

Then destroyed the evidence.

That is the only fear I have seen.

Show me a republican that would make this country all unicorns and rainbows

Well WE ALL KNOW Obama hasn't made this country all 'rainbows, and unicorns'.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Americans should have November fear.... Because until they get rid of all agenda driven, elite funded career politicians in our government it all will again come down to a simple choice....

Would you rather be screwed from the left or from the right?

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

How about you stop dancing around everything, picking and choosing what to reply to and show me someone who will do everything right

And what I posted was NOT a strawman, it was fact. YOU post a LOT of non-sensical garbage on here disparaging the Democrat party while NEVER posting about someone who isn't just like them. Can you do that?

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: mymymy

Would you stop with the Right Winger garbage.

Most of us are just proud Americans that love our Country not some stupid party.

We are Leaderless...We feel like our Borders are wide open.

They are shooting at us. The ME is emploding.

Our Federal Agencies are organizing and corrupting the election process.

We are 17 trillion in debt. One Party did not do all of these things.

We are looking for a Leader. One whose's testicles have ascended.

edit on 28-6-2014 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join