It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama ignores Boehner’s lawsuit threat: ‘I’ll keep taking actions on my own’

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I just gave you list of over 90 cloture votes. You think all of those votes should've needed 60+ votes? They couldn't just be voted down? Here's just a few:

Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act, Travel Promotion Act of 2009, Nomination of Robert M. Groves to be Director of the Census, Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act of 2010, Worker, Homeownership, and Business Assistance Act of 2009, Nomination of David F. Hamilton, of Indiana, to be U.S. Circuit Judge for the Seventh Circuit.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

Great day in the morning !!

You need to make a case for those, not generalized mumblings.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I genuinely don't know what you're asking. Are you asking me to justify every bill the US congress introduces? Are you asking me to justify the cloture votes for/against the bills/amendments I listed?

I'm trying to help you. I really am. I want to convince you that congress is intentionally hurting the country by obstructing the president. Is that possible or am I wasting my time? If I'm wasting my time, please, tell me that you won't be convinced of this.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

Well you are using a blanket general statement to condemn.

If you think you are right, you should back it up with some detailed examples.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

eh; why bother you'll just pick nits in any information he cites.

It's important to understand, we do not vote for anyone in the US, we vote against someone.
thus people will always vote for what they see as a lesser-evil.

edit on 1-7-2014 by NonsensicalUserName because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: NonsensicalUserName

eh; why bother you'll just pick nits in any information he cites.

It's important to understand, we do not vote for anyone in the US, we vote against someone.
thus people will always vote for what they see as a lesser-evil.

Actually I would Love to find common ground.

Not much left anymore is there?

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
It's sad really, Myself and others tried to warn people this stuff would happen, in 2009.

I am still waiting for the country to wake up and just arrest this clown and everyone in DC already.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Unfazed because he is a constitutional lawyer and knows Bohner can't do anything in the way of a lawsuit. Obama wants to do things like return the kids to their countries, and raise the penalty for people who transport them, close up our borders.

Republicans are such obstructionist they'll scream their heads off for Obama to take charge and do all these things, (because it sounds good on the news) when they are the ones responsible for getting it done.... yet they won't act to do it themselves.

Then when they tell him flat out, they are not doing anything on immigration this year, he decides to act by executive order, and now they claim to sue. It's like an episode of Family Guy or something.

I didn't notice any talk of lawsuits when Reagan gave amnesty and citizenship to all those immigrants, but then hell, Reagan could lower taxes for the rich, raise them for the poor, negotiate with terrorists, and still come out smelling like a rose.

edit on 3-7-2014 by Loveaduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
He doesn't care.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: LeoStarchild
It's sad really, Myself and others tried to warn people this stuff would happen, in 2009.

I am still waiting for the country to wake up and just arrest this clown and everyone in DC already.

You said that he'd want to use executive orders in 2009? How many did Dubya issue again? Give me a round number.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

I was referring to the circumvention of congress. It was clear that the Right Wing would not comply.

ps. Obama is president, not Bush. moveon.org

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

You said that he'd want to use executive orders in 2009? How many did Dubya issue again? Give me a round number.

It's not the quantity that counts.

It's the quality and content that counts ( or lack thereof) and the impacts on the majority of citizens.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

It's not the quantity that counts.

It's the quality and content that counts ( or lack thereof) and the impacts on the majority of citizens.

Riiiiightttt.... Of course! How dare that darn man try and actually do something whilst the House votes yet again to repeal the ACA and replace it with, erm, nothing...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join