It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Neighbors are Athiests, How can I help them?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
Its very simple just explain that God offered himself up as a sacrifice to himself because a woman made from a mans rib who in turn was made from dirt ate an apple given to her by a talking snake.

And you win the thread

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra
Report them to your local police department as well as the mayor and possibly even your senator, they're probably communists too.

I agree wholeheartedly..give them a chance though and If not burn their house down and organize a pitchfork rally to drive them out.
If it comes to it.

You see following the right choice shouldn't be a choice they must follow Jebus or else.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: usmc0311
OK, so I am not a heavily religious man nor do I practice any particular religion but I do believe in spiritual life and a creator. I believe that it is no accident we are her now to face the lives we face. So I just moved to a town one town over from my hometown. It is a very conservative town. There is enough room at the 7 churches to hold the whole town. My neighbors are really nice people. They are both educated teachers and in my opinion quite intelligent.

Just the other day they seemed to make a point to tell us that they were atheists'. I must say I was surprised due to the type of people they were. They were good moral people who have adopted a child and been good parents. Their daughter is wonderful and is a good friend of my daughter. But I wonder, without a sense of god, where will this child go?

Will she wonder what her future is with no hope or knowledge of something greater. How can I help these people realize that there is more to life than human flesh and blood and we all will reap what we sow?

Most likely she'll grow up to become a very nice and successfull person, just like the parents who raised her.

If anything, I'd pull a warning flag for their arrogant neighboor who tries to force his beliefs down over their heads.

(post by charles1952 removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

My comment wont be retracted I am a 15 year schizophrenic that has concluded religion is abhorent if you have seen the damage its done to people that I have electric shock therapy,tongue clamps,neck braces,screaming at night,mumbling babble whilst defacating and urinating yourself,seeing demonic visions of buffy the vampire slayer crap,accuphase,lithium,close observations,solitary confinement the list is endless and Ive seen it all the girl is better off an atheist,as for OP I wish him well and hope he is ok but that doesn't mean he can push his God onto people.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I get so depressed when I read some of the disbelieving posts. Why oh why? I have been, we all have been hurt deeply by the people who say they love us the most. I can get over these hurts, human respect is worthless, our fallen nature but if it turned out the God I love and know doesn't exist, I would NOT want to go on one more minute...I mean it.

All you have to do is ask God in prayer, from your heart to show you who He is, to HELP you believe. God will do it.

My 'way"at ATS is to share messages from Heaven. Here is one APPROVED by the Church. God the Father spoke
to a holy sister, Mother Eugenia back in the 1930s. God loves us more than we love ourselves. Just read a little of
this excerpt:

July 1, 1932

"Realize then, o men, that for all eternity I have had but one desire, to make Myself known to men and be loved by them. I wish to stay for ever with them.

Do you want an authentic proof of this desire that I have just expressed? Why did I command Moses to build a tabernacle and the ark of the covenant, if not to come and dwell, as a Father, a brother, a close friend, with My creatures, men? This was My ardent desire. In spite of this, they have forgotten Me and offended Me with countless sins. I gave Moses My commandments to remind them, in spite of everything, of God, their Father, and of His sole wish, to save them. They were supposed to observe the commandments and thereby remember their infinitely good Father, always intent upon their present and eternal salvation. All this was forgotten and men sank into error and fear, considering that the observance of the commandments as I had transmitted them to Moses was too taxing. They made up other laws in accordance with their whims, in order to observe them more easily. Little by little, in the exaggerated fear they had of Me, they forgot Me more and more and heaped outrages upon Me. Yet My love for these men, My children, never quite ceased. When I realized that neither the patriarchs nor the prophets had been able to make Me known and loved by men, I decided to come Myself. But how could I come among them? There was no other way than to come Myself, in the second Person of My divinity. Would men know Me? Would they listen to Me? Nothing in the future was hidden from Me; I Myself answered these two questions: “They will ignore My presence, even though they will be near Me. In My Son they will treat Me cruelly, notwithstanding all the good He will do for them. In My Son they will speak ill of Me, they will crucify Me to bring about My death.” Shall I stop because of this? No, My love for My children, men, is too great.

I did not stop there. Understand well that I loved you, as it were, more than My beloved Son, or rather, more than Myself. What I am telling you is so true that, if one of My creatures had been enough to atone for the sins of other men through a life and death similar to those of My Son, I would have hesitated. Why? Because I would have betrayed My love by making a beloved creature suffer, rather than suffering Myself, in My Son. I would never have wished My children to suffer.

This, then, in brief, is the story of My love until My coming among men through My Son. Most men know of all these events, but they fail to grasp the essential thing: that love was the guiding principle in it all! Yes, it is love. This is what I want to impress upon you. Now this love has been forgotten. I want to remind you of it, so that you can learn to know Me as I am, so that you will not be, like slaves, afraid of a Father Who loves you so much." ...

AND, I remember these words, a little further on in the message:

"Since man’s creation, I have never for one moment stopped living beside him. As his Creator and Father, I feel the need to love him. It is not that I need him, but My love, as Father and Creator, makes Me feel this need to love man. Thus I live close to man, I follow him everywhere, I help him in all things, I supply everything. I can see his needs, his toils, all his desires, and My greatest happiness lies in helping him and saving him. Men believe Me to be a terrifying God Who is going to cast all mankind into hell. What a great surprise it will be when, at the end of time, they see so many souls they believed lost, enjoying eternal bliss among the elect! I wish all My creatures to be convinced that there is a Father Who watches over them and Who would like them to enjoy, on earth, a foretaste of eternal happiness. A mother never forgets the little creature she has brought into the world. Is it not even more wonderful that I remember all My creatures? So if a mother loves the little being I gave her, I love him more than she does, because I created him. Even if it happens that a mother loves her child less because of some defect, I, on the contrary, will love him still more. She may later on forget him or THINK OF HIM rarely, especially when because of his age he is no longer in her care, but I will NEVER forget him. I will always love him, and even if he no longer remembers Me, His Father and Creator, I will still remember him and love him." ...

www.fatherspeaks.net...,%20book%201,%20part%201

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Iam sorry for the dude and hope he gets better but should we ask everyone before hand If they have mental health problems before we can comment?.
Part of getting better is having your views challenged and because that is part of daily life.
If the OP gets disturbed by reading the comments so much I suggest him to step away but I after reading the guys other thread I think he is tough enough to fight his own battles.
Lets face it Charles this is an entertainment forum as much as anything else many including myself have put up threads and been laughed out of ATS but we cope dust ourselves off and carry on...just like the OP will do.
I can see why people thought this a bit of a fun and I hope the OP will look at the comments and notice the humor in the thread.

Oh and OP
but dude like other have said it isn't only Christians who are good people.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Hmm...

No disrespect intended. After all opinions are plentiful. Let me get this straight, due to the fact that the OP has served his country in warfare we should agree with his sentiments by default? Sorry bit homie don't play dat. In his OP usmc clearly defined his position regarding the topic of the thread, we discussed the topic. My opinions stand, I will not retract them.

Now, it seems to me that you are being far more condescending to the integrity of usmc than any other member thus far. Why? Well, one would think, rationally, that if member usmc can handle the rigors and stresses of combat, that words typed and published on an online forum (opinions he deliberately asked for full well knowing the mentality of many members here at grand ol' ATS) should be a breeze. Suggesting that the OP is somehow too frail to handle our opinions is right out.

He will respond in his own time, our opinions will be there when he does. Will he agree? Disagree? Who knows.

But for sake of playing the game, OP: If my opinions offended you, please accept my humble apology. However, if, as I assume, a leatherneck devildog such as yourself can handle such blatant displays of assenting opinion, good on you. Know this, my opinion regarding the matter put forth to us has still not changed. It is not likely to do so.

Kallisti

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Also dude would you explain his post due to his condition? sure sounds like it.
If walking down the road with him and he told someone something like this and and person reacted like this would you scream HE IS MENTALLY ILL to try and excuse his behaviour?.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   

charles,

I never heard you talk like this...

We can all join hands and hearts, everyone reading this thread and offer a prayer for the OP. If anyone else would
be in need of prayer, ask. Okay?

A person doesn't take anything over the veil but their loving acts, sufferings (crosses) offered and prayers said.

colbe

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Anyone who maintains a strong faith after serving in Iraq will always have my admiration. That said, allow the family next door to make their own decisions, as you would expect of them.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: colbe

tr;dr.

(too religious/ridiculous; didn't read — take your pick)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   

You become depressed when others believe differently from yourself? How silly. Lets say you are right in your convictions. I go to hell upon my inevitable death. Tell me, how does this effect you?

The answer is rhetorical of course. It doesn't. My life, my eternity. If your God sees fit to condemn a good man to an eternal bath in Hellfire, well, he wasn't much of God to begin with.

I am truly glad your faith makes you happy though, truly. Just, please, don't let mine or any one else's perceived heresy get you down. It is not fruitful my friend.

Hail Eris (or don't)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48

tr;dr.

(too religious/ridiculous; didn't read — take your pick)

That's how I am, I can't help it. I was once secular, liberal, never prayed. My brothers and sisters ask for the old
colbe to return...sometimes.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   

I hope seeing as you're so open to spreading your "messages from heaven", you'll be accepting and gracious the next time a satanist chooses to tell us all about how awesome the devil is.

I hope it doesn't depress you, though.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

You become depressed when others believe differently from yourself? How silly. Lets say you are right in your convictions. I go to hell upon my inevitable death. Tell me, how does this effect you?

The answer is rhetorical of course. It doesn't. My life, my eternity. If your God sees fit to condemn a good man to an eternal bath in Hellfire, well, he wasn't much of God to begin with.

I am truly glad your faith makes you happy though, truly. Just, please, don't let mine or any one else's perceived heresy get you down. It is not fruitful my friend.

Hail Eris (or don't)

Oh my, I do not know what to say, this is the sweetest comment. Thank you. I am not use to it Cagliostro. I usually hear/read, "enough with the current prophetic not yet approved by the Church colbe!" Like God would be silent now.

may the Two Hearts J+M keep you safe,

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   

if it turned out the God I love and know doesn't exist, I would NOT want to go on one more minute...I mean it.

The same god that let priests abuse children?
The same god that let Bishops cover up the abuse by priests?

What a loving god!

Oh my, I just don't understand why people disbelieve, all they have to do is pray.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   

And may Eris Esoteric bless you with wisdom to see yourself as you truly are. The Apple of Chaos is never far behind. Don't let it confuse you. Peanut butter is just smashed up peanuts after all...

Kallisti

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite

I hope seeing as you're so open to spreading your "messages from heaven", you'll be accepting and gracious the next time a satanist chooses to tell us all about how awesome the devil is.

I hope it doesn't depress you, though.

I wonder what the draw is, to choose for Satan? We've all read the NDE experiences of going the other way.

Awwwh BasementWarrior, your last words, thanks, nah, don't worry, how kind and God bless you.

colbe

p.s. I know of a scary NDE account....search Gloria Pollo.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: AlphaHawk

Oh don't get him started he blames homosexuals for it all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join