It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Neighbors are Athiests, How can I help them?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: usmc0311

Will she wonder what her future is with no hope or knowledge of something greater. How can I help these people realize that there is more to life than human flesh and blood and we all will reap what we sow?

You could learn from them. Why do you think your knowledge is superior to theirs? Do you have a higher IQ than they do? Has God talked to you lately? I mean, what makes you so special?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: colbe

Yeah keep on doing that and more and more people turn away from your club..keep it to yourself and stop harming others with your views.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: usmc0311

Help them by not bothering them. In fact they'll likely be monumentally pissy if you try to force your religion on the.

Also, atheists are statistically way more likley to have a degree, not commit crime and not get divorced or support the sue of torture.

Maybe they should help you religious people see merits of making heaven a place on earth.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Oh geez...I hate it when they say they're going to pray for me (usually in a passive-aggressive and very transparent manner when I've said or done something they "disagree" with...or just breathed wrong or something). Makes me feel all weird and invaded upon too.

Then again, I was scarred for life by so-called Christians at two very key points in life...both when I was 5 and when my son was 5. They were meaner to children than we heathens would ever be. Everyone has their own experiences, I reckon.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Oh wow assuming you are being for real my only advice to you is to treat them as you would like to be treated minus trying to convert them.

Show them you are a good person as they have already shown you that they are. A good neighbor is never pushy. They obviously made it a point to let you know they are not religious, maybe it was subtle maybe it wasn't but I can almost guarantee that was their way of letting you know they would not appreciate you broaching the subject of religion with them.

Please respect their non belief and I am pretty sure they will respect your beliefs.

Respect.
edit on 31-5-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
The OP has yet to respond, interesting.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Yeah keep on doing that and more and more people turn away from your club..keep it to yourself and stop harming others with your views.

How dare you accuse me of harming others by speaking of God and the faith on ATS. Where is ATS staff to remove your
hateful comment? Read the thread title, this is the thread subject.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
How would you feel if you had a neighbor that believed differently than you and wanted to "convert" you? Would you be uncomfortable with your neighbor? Feel intruded upon in a personal way? Feel looked down on? Set an example by the way you live and if they are curious, let them ask questions of you, but don't impose on them with your differing beliefs. Religion, or the lack of it, must come from the heart and not be imposed or forced on anyone, or it isn't a belief, its trying to please someone so they will let you be.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   

If they are kind people then they already know that they will reap what they sow. Being kind to others causes people to be kind to you.

If they Love then they already know God, because whoever loves has been born of God and knows God (1 John 4:7). You know if a person knows God by their Actions (by what is coming out of their heart), not by words because words can lie.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Hold on you do many times on ATS.
You tell gay folk they are not natural...how do you think this feels? you threaten everyone with veiled threats Of follow the CC or else.
You show no love for humaity you only show love for your club and the paedophile priests they hide.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: colbe

originally posted by: boymonkey74

How dare you accuse me of harming others by speaking of God and the faith on ATS. Where is ATS staff to remove your
hateful comment? Read the thread title, this is the thread subject.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. And sometimes the best of intentions yield the worst of results. Just because you're talking about God doesn't mean you're helping. That's not to say that it doesn't help, but it's good to keep situational context in mind and not put your foot in your mouth.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The OP is not coming back, folks.

I think this was an 'experiment' or 'troll thread' to gauge the membership's attitude in general.

But yeah, colbe - I know your heart is in the right place, but your preaching is overbearing, irrelevant, and tired.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I'm a little disappointed that you were "surprised" that atheists could be good people.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Pardon my blunt forwardness but:

7 pages and 2 days later, and the OP has yet to address a single post in this thread or even comment any further... and yet you guys still continue to reply to him/her with such vim and vigor.

Step 1 - Add bait to hook
Step 2 - Cast out
Step 3 - Reel in

There's one born every minute.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join