It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Neighbors are Athiests, How can I help them?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
"I am not a heavily religious man".....but I feel the urge to go around in the neighborhood and convert people because they have no "moral" because they are not religious.

This alone is proof that it's a troll post.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I am more convinced now that that the OP was phishing for the types of responses given. Well played OP!

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

I am not going to judge the OP, if he/she is an honest christian as the OP is certainly trying to portray, then he/she will answer each and every one of the posts here.

Lets see huh?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: usmc0311
OK, so I am not a heavily religious man nor do I practice any particular religion but I do believe in spiritual life and a creator.

If you try and convince them there is a god your facade of not being a heavily religious man will be shattered.

You seem surprised that they are atheists but are intelligent and good moral people. A lot of atheists are, in fact the majority of the worlds most intelligent people are atheists!

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

Dear Rodinus,

I believe the OP, if serious, will have a number of questions to answer. His statistics indicate he is not brand new. What I don't understand comes from looking at the various timers involved. If my math is correct, he went offline just as soon as he posted the OP. That seems unusual.

But, I agree. I won't judge it, but I'm not going to give it much thought, either.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
WHAT!?

Seriously, WHAT!?

Either you are just trolling for a response or you need some serious help yourself!

F###ing seriously.

why is it surprising to you that atheists can be good people?

I'm not an atheist myself nor am I a Christian nor do I adhere to any other religious dogma. Yet I consider myself a good man. I help when I can, I have never hurt another outside of self defense, I never steal. Astonishing I turned out a well rounded individual with a fairly strong moral compass, considering my heathen upbringing.

My advice?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
The best way to help them is to leave them alone. Judging by your post, you aren't as impartial as you might like to thinks so their overt behavior may have been a reaction.

It's none of your business and their child is definitely none of your business so unless you want someone to come to your house and turn your own kid into a bell ringing Taoist - butt out.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Yet I consider myself a good man.

After all this time... I thought you were a woman???

Guess it must be the debauched, twisted perverted atheist in me coming out again???

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rodinus
a reply to: calstorm

I am not going to judge the OP, if he/she is an honest christian as the OP is certainly trying to portray, then he/she will answer each and every one of the posts here.

Lets see huh?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

And if they don't I sure hope they lose respect from ATS members. I have a felling this OP is just a sad troll looking to cause some internet trouble because real life sucks. Many people hate trolls I feel sorry for them. How sad is it that the only way you can get some attention in life is with people you don't know.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   

edit on 3052014 by Snarl because: Charles is right ... as usual -sigh-

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952
a reply to: Rodinus

Dear Rodinus,

I believe the OP, if serious, will have a number of questions to answer. His statistics indicate he is not brand new. What I don't understand comes from looking at the various timers involved. If my math is correct, he went offline just as soon as he posted the OP. That seems unusual.

But, I agree. I won't judge it, but I'm not going to give it much thought, either.

With respect,
Charles1952

Greetings Charles.... honoured by your response back to me.

I would honestly like to think that the OP has done a "hit and run" post... as sometimes I do myself and family life suddenly is more important than ATS.

Maybe... or even hopefully, the OP just might come back and assume his/hers responsibilities?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
oh man,

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Ha! Almost dropped my dinner on the floor!

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Great subject and question OP. It is so hard to change people's thinking. Witness when you can but mainly lift up
in prayer, all disbelievers in your neighborhood and in your family. Reminds me of a recent message given a
non-Catholic Christian prophet. One line especially. Jesus is talking of the coming times and MO, applies to God's
grace given too via our prayers answered for stubborn family and disbelievers.

excerpt of a message to Elaine Tavolacci

April 3, 2014

Changing the Channel

...As I said in My word, I will work a work in your days which you would not believe if it were told to you. ...

ft111.com...

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Its very simple just explain that God offered himself up as a sacrifice to himself because a woman made from a mans rib who in turn was made from dirt ate an apple given to her by a talking snake.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: usmc0311

Why does it matter, as you said "They are good moral people." You should mind your own business, that's their child and are free to raise her however they wish, and it sounds like they're good parents.

I'm also unsure as to why the child will "have no hope or knowledge of something greater." She will grow in to an adult and discover her own spiritual path in life, that may agree with her parents spiritual views, or not.

I'm not sure why people feel the need to push their spiritual or religious views on other people. What does it matter, how does it impact your life?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Report them to your local police department as well as the mayor and possibly even your senator, they're probably communists too.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I would like to respectfully request that the posters here moderate their remarks, at least for a while.

I went to his profile and found this as a thread he started about a year and a half ago.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I also learned that a lot of his threads deal with his military experiences and values, and weapons. His service is very large in his life and he is apparently not outspoken on religious issues at all.

You may do as you please, of course, but may I suggest a certain amount of consideration for a man who has gone through a lot?

Thanks.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

With a name beginning in usmc I automatically assumed he had, at the very least, a passing interest in military endeavours.

What, pray tell, has that got to do with the topic presented to us? Furthermore, prior military service is not indicative of the OPs genuine interest in our opinions. In other words, he could still be trolling and he should still mind his own business. Because when I read the OP I was literally, literally, floored by the level of ignorance displayed therein.

Kallisti

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952
I would like to respectfully request that the posters here moderate their remarks, at least for a while.

I went to his profile and found this as a thread he started about a year and a half ago.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I also learned that a lot of his threads deal with his military experiences and values, and weapons. His service is very large in his life and he is apparently not outspoken on religious issues at all.

You may do as you please, of course, but may I suggest a certain amount of consideration for a man who has gone through a lot?

Thanks.

Totally agreed Charles...

As I said earlier on, this could be quite simply a "Hit and run" post (As many of us do here) and that the OP will be back after more important real life issues.

GIVE HIM/HER A FAIR CHANCE FOLKS AND TRY NOT TO JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS STRAIGHT AWAY... Is all I would like to suggest?

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 30/5/14 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join