It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed

page: 228
<< 225  226  227    229  230  231 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

Jaky I'm so sorry. I don't know what to say.

Sending massive hugs to you and Sophie. You know where I am if you need me. I feel like I've been booted in the stomach.

I'm sure Stinky is at peace now and thankful for all the good times.. You have my deepest sympathies.

((((((((((((((((((((Jaky and Sophie))))))))))))))))))))))

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

((((((Jacy)))))) I am Truly Sorry for Your Loss. Will be some tough time to follow, but remember We are here for You!
I was writing a U2U and have just sent it to You. Prob same time you were writing this.
Syx.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SyxPak

Tsu and Syx...thank you.

It's been a long time since I've been this upset.
It means a LOT to me that you all care...it really does.
jacy

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Oh Crap! I'm so sorry for your loss. But try to remember that our furry friends live such short lives because of the unconditional love that they give us. I think that humanity benefits from that.

As long as you keep Stinker in your heart and mind she will always live on.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Have a good cry. It's good for you, even though it may not feel like it at the time.
edit on 7-4-2014 by TDawgRex because: Spelling. Couldn't see through the tears

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
jacy hon.....

Rainbow hugs
Jane

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Jane...Aww, thank you for the picture. The Rainbow Bridge...isn't that ironic? (Rainbow Land being our theme)
I'm sure it seems silly to some people, but the love of a ferret is precious beyond words. I actually went to the Rainbow Bridge site, and read a story from a man who had lost beloved pets during his life, most recently his ferret. He was just as overcome with grief as I am, and it helped me.

TDawg...Thank you for your kind words. It's comforting being here with you, my Shed family. I feel less alone now.

jacy

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

That Rainbow poem is lovely Jacy, I used to read it loads after a beloved cat disappeared. It helped a lot.

How is Sophie doning? I know in the past when I have lost one half of a pair of rats that they really do grieve like us.

Massive hugs.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Just a heads up...U2U alert is not working.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I have to say this. Do not go out and get another Ferret right now. Give it a couple of months.

Also along those lines, do not say you will not adopt another fuzzy buddy because of how hard it hurts when they pass.

Believe it or not, the pain lasts for a bit but mellows over time, but the joy of caring for them is timeless and the love they return is priceless.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Hi Everyone. Hopin today goes well for You All. Gotta Fly off already for a few, back later. Syx.

Jacy, something for You.

So forelorn is a Good Friend of mine,
that She had to receive grief
is not Fair, just not right.

Wanting to take in All Her Pain
I open the Depths of My Soul.
Hoping that in this way
She will once again feel Whole.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

TDawgRex

I have to say this. Do not go out and get another Ferret right now. Give it a couple of months.

Also along those lines, do not say you will not adopt another fuzzy buddy because of how hard it hurts when they pass.

Believe it or not, the pain lasts for a bit but mellows over time, but the joy of caring for them is timeless and the love they return is priceless.

Seconded.

Syx, that is a beautiful poem.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Tsu...Sophie sleeps a lot, but she's been looking for her buddy. She doesn't like me crying either, so she does seem kind of sad. I am trying to give her lots of love and attention (and play), but it's not the same. (I've read that ferrets can get so depressed at the loss of a cage-mate, that they can starve themselves to death! Seriously, sometimes I really should NOT google things.)

TDawg...I lost a ferret 2 years ago, she was younger...quite small, and had to put her out of her suffering...so I've been here before. But then, I still had Sophie and Stinky, but still cried for a week.
I will get a new friend for Sophie, but she will have to come with me and find someone that she likes. There is a lady about an hour away that runs a 'rescue' for ferrets, and so will probably call her in the near future.

Time will heal this pain, I know that...but like I said, she was my special girl.

Okay everyone, I appreciate the hugs, love and kind words...but don't want to dampen the spirit in this place. Please go back to writing poetry (et tu True? lol)....pics, and general fun. I'm grateful in a way that I can't describe, but....now you know what's going on with me.

I haven't seen a few people here in a while, and hope everyone is ok....?
Love, hugs and gratitude,
jacy

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SyxPak

Syx....thank you hunny...lovely poem!
You've got the waterworks going again....
but I feel loved.

Okay, fellow wounded warriors...onward and upward...to better days!

jacy

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

You're not dampening the spirit of this place. You are strengthening it. Bud's come to a buds aid, even if it is from a distance.

It makes my heart glad that you have a place to take Sophie to choose another pack mate.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I'm sure Sophie won't starve herself, she still has you to ease her pain. I think that sort of thing would only be with bored caged animals that have nothing to do but pine.

You are not dampening any spirits, Stinky was our ferret too since we became a family.

I've noticed a few people missing too, mainly Serd, I don't think I have seen him for a long while, Serd pop in if you can, and everyone else as well, of course.

OMG, it's nearly 8pm here and it's still really light, I'm not getting used to it at all!

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

Regarding your not being used to the light yet, I know exactly what you mean. In my case, it's just an addition to the fact that I feel like I got cheated out of a decent winter. On the other hand, it means later nights out, and earlier dawns are on the cards, so... Silver lining and all that!

It does mean that I may spend a week being late for things however !

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Tsu322
OMG, it's nearly 8pm here and it's still really light, I'm not getting used to it at all!

Yea, that's freaking me out as well. Happens every year!

But I'm still enjoying it!
It has been a looooong winter.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

jacy

My heart bleeds for you tonight, if I could................. I'll send my angel. Watch out though he's a cheeky bugger

Love, hugs and my deepest sympathy

Tony

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

TrueBrit
reply to post by Tsu322

Regarding your not being used to the light yet, I know exactly what you mean. In my case, it's just an addition to the fact that I feel like I got cheated out of a decent winter. On the other hand, it means later nights out, and earlier dawns are on the cards, so... Silver lining and all that!

It does mean that I may spend a week being late for things however !

Winter is always great when it starts...but after a while, it drags on you, especially when it never seems to end.

Then again, I'm not a big fan of summer humidity. Homer can tell you all about that. I'm OK with a dry heat, but hate humidity.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

cody599
reply to post by Night Star

That thread was a riot! I remember it well. LOL!!!!!!

Here you go Linky to when Rod and Cody met thread

We had good laugh that weekend

Cody

I just checked that out...
...is it.... TOO LATE??? to cancel... "The Gathering"????? LOL

Good Evening Everyone - I'm desperately skimming over about 6 effin pages here trying to catch up!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 225  226  227    229  230  231 >>

join