It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed

page: 225
<< 222  223  224    226  227  228 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Just some elves passing through the misty forest.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
And a new faery baby.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
And an Angel to watch over us all.

edit on 6-4-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

I'm sure you will love everyone here (pets included), don't tell anyone I told you but everyone here is as mad as a hatter, except me of course, I'm the normal one. I even have videos to prove it.

Oh really? I think this proves otherwise...

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Hiya Homer!!!!

Wonder if she'll teach those moves to her brother so he can make a video too.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Day shift should be heading in soon. Cody you're late!

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Morning everyone!

How are we all today? I see Jane was up to her usual shenanigans while I slept last night lol!

And TDawg , yeah a chain saw would have made matchsticks upon the merest contact with this stuff, which is why at one point I just straight up punched an eight by six foot section into ideal sized bits, rather than using the axe. On previous occasions, I have had to use the axe to split larger, better wood, like floor boards and bits of furniture, along the grain you know? But this stuff was just too flimsy to make that a safe option.

There really is not much that is better than hanging out with your friends, drinking spirits around a fire, and getting the opportunity to righteously smite the hell out of something

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   

TDawgRex
reply to post by angelchemuel

Thank you...but don't let that taint you. I'm sure to piss ya off at some point.

I'm a guy. It's what I do.

Couldn't resist being an ex New Waver... yea yea bleached hair and all the digs... :

Actually worked for a couple of months back in the 80s when I left the army in a seedy Bradford nightclub called Dollars and Dimes with the lead singer Marc Almond from Soft Cell who was in charge of the "collecting coats gang" when Soft cell ran into cash problems...

Did a few parties together but he was too outrageous for my lifestyle...

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 7/4/14 by Rodinus because: Crickey, crap spelling again

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Boy, have I had a busy and productive weekend to say the least.

It's kind of me needless to say that I've been up to my old and usual tricks again. Spent most of the day with a couple of friends of mine on Saturday chasing an oil train up along the Kanawha and New River between Charleston and Thurmond, WV. Seeing as to how it was going to be a beautiful day and that an old friend of mine was going to be the engineer on it. I didn't hesitate to go out after this thing and am I glad I didn't. What made it even better was the former Atchison, Topeka, & Santa Fe locomotive on the point. First shot was taken from the bridge at Kanawha Falls, WV along the New River Subdivision. After we caught it here, it was a bee line to Thurmond to see if we could beat it there.

After close to an hour of driving like mad men and obeying the traffic lights and laws. I believe the traffic lights were on our side since we only stopped at two red lights along the way. We finally make it to our final destination of Thurmond but not after a slight scare. As we were getting ready to cross the bridge coming into Thurmond. We heard a train marking up on the scanner and we thought that we had missed our train. That was until we realized what the train was that was going by. Turned out to be the coal train that was in front of the oil train that we had seen earlier. So with that, and not to mention an increased heart rate thanks to it, we finally pick out a good spot to get set up. When we got set up for our shots, we did notice that the empty coal train setting there hadn't received a signal to proceed on west. So we started to think that we didn't miss it and the dispatcher confirmed for us by telling the empty train that they had to set and wait on "that petroleum train." We sat there for what seemed like an eternity for this oil train to show up. Even though we may have sat there for a good thirty to forty minutes tops just waiting. Well, anyway, here is that oil train coming through historic Thurmond, WV deep in the heart of the New River Gorge.

Here's the other two trains that went by while we were there.

A remnant of days gone by at Thurmond is the old coaling tower and control house that still stands guard over what's left of the town. Built in 1922 by the Fairbanks Morse Company. This was built and used to service the many steam locomotives that once called Thurmond home and thrived along the mainline and the coal branches of the Chesapeake & Ohio Railway. Thurmond was once a major point on the C&O Railway with the numerous coal branches that were in the area. Many of these branchlines, if not all of them, have long since been abandoned. Now silenced for the past sixty years by the introduction of the diesel electric locomotive. This and many other buildings like this across the country a slowly being chipped away by nature after decades of being dormant.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by gimmefootball400

Great pics Gimmee, you should create a train spotters thread...

Do you mark down all the numbers of each train too?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   

SyxPak
Cody, Had to comment on that photo. Is that you and Rodinus? Looks like ya had a fun one there, what with the gas mask, AND stuffed animals! Must've been a Riot!!!LOL!

Yes that's Rod and I

Mrs C and I flew over last year for a long weekend, it was a riot,

we instantly became brothers and have remained so ever since.

We made a thread about it I'll see if I can find it later when I've finished shopping and all that mundane RL stuff.

Cody

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Good morning all

Off to the garden centre in a bit, need to get some grow bags and seedlings for this year's crop. The weather is grey and miserable, but Mrs C is a sun ray flitting through the lounge like a pixie....................NOT

Cody

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Morning Gentlemen! Haven't slept yet but I will soon. Hope everyone has a lovely day.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   

cody599

SyxPak
Cody, Had to comment on that photo. Is that you and Rodinus? Looks like ya had a fun one there, what with the gas mask, AND stuffed animals! Must've been a Riot!!!LOL!

Yes that's Rod and I

Mrs C and I flew over last year for a long weekend, it was a riot,

we instantly became brothers and have remained so ever since.

We made a thread about it I'll see if I can find it later when I've finished shopping and all that mundane RL stuff.

Cody

That thread was a riot! I remember it well. LOL!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Good morning Night

A lovely pic thank you

I left you a present in the bolt hole

Cody

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I saw.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   

That thread was a riot! I remember it well. LOL!!!!!!

Here you go Linky to when Rod and Cody met thread

We had good laugh that weekend

Cody

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Goodnight Cody, Rod, True and Gimme!!

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Thanks Roddy!!

I've thought about doing a thread like that or about the misadventures of it for some time now. I'm just not sure as to when I should start to do it or how. As for jotting down the numbers, yeah I am guilty of it. I mean it helps when to have the numbers when you need it say for uploading a video to Youtube or a photo to Facebook. Where I'm on the east coast, it can be a very confusing process. Everything from train IDs, train identifiers, to the engine numbers and the builder to the model itself. Websites with that kind of into are hard to find if you don't know what you are looking for.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Good night Night Star.

Go shine awhile in the midnight blue!

top topics

<< 222  223  224    226  227  228 >>

join