It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here Are All the Different Genders You Can Be on Facebook

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I guess at my age I have come to terms of who I am and what I have accomplished in my role of been a female of the human race, I don't remember when in any time of my existence during my short life in earth I ever doubted or wanted to be anything else.

I don't really care what people wants to be tagged with if that makes them "feel special", but when the political correctness forces others to deal with the stupidity of some of never finding themselves because they chose to be different or special I have problems with that, because like I say, beside the tagging and the choosing we are all the same, if you were born human you are either female or male and that is end of it.

I am sick of stupidity and I will have none of that nonsense that is been doing rounds this days in social media sites, that is the reason I don't belong to any of them, to tell the truth, ATS is the only board I actually belong to, because that kind of stupidity will be scrutinized and dismissed in not time here.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I think that there should be a class action lawsuit against the idiots at FaceBook.

Not once is gender listed as Male or Female. I'm being discriminated against!

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
What about: multi-dimensional non-corporeal?

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I wondered when this was going to hit this place. You're late.

Shades of Green made the truest point, which will of course go unnoticed or should I rather say disregarded.

People are unhappy and confused because they worry so much about the other guy's state of being than they do their own.
People want to box up the world and everything in it, into their own way of viewing the world. And it makes them sick when they can't do it. It literally drives them crazy. Sometimes even to spitting vehemence or violence.

If someone isn't robbing your castle or raping your women or torturing your children, leave people alone. Deal with your own soul. Fix your own mind. Feel your own weight and pulse. You'll be much happier mentally and spiritually if you can stop trying to play God and Gatekeeper of humanity.

Sometimes it seems people think their own existence is a conspiracy.

The use of Two Spirit is used strictly to identify Native/First Nation gender variance. It really isn't a term applied to caucasians.
A Two Spirit person chooses a partner of either sex and is not techinically considered heterosexual OR homosexual.
And many do choose opposite sex partners; even though they themselves embody both male and female spirits.

Two Spirit people used to be both feared and respected in their tribal communities. They do however today, face some of the same mistreatments and prejudices by the heterosexual population as do their non-Native counterparts.

These options neither disturb nor make me question life as we know it.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

I agree.

When I look at another member the human race I identified them as male or female, regardless of how they are trying to portray themselves, you can wear all the garb you want to make you special but at the end we are born of two specific genders, beside some rare DNA inherited traits that some happen to have.

So if anyone tells me he is a transgender as an example I will tell them no, you are a female or male of the human race and that is the truth, any of those new ways to tagging people are nothing but stupidity, and doesn't fix the fact that the persons that identify themselves with them have some serious identity problems.

Is very simple, if somebody is a male or female that happens to feel good when taking the role of the opposite sex that is not gender that is an identification preference.

edit on 15-2-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

The simplest truth about this is just, there is no need to re-identify or reinvent what you already are, any other attempts outside of what is or is not is undermining of what the self apparent truths about ones self is. With a new realization of what you think you are versus what you are successfully allows for a self created mythology of ones self and the interaction with the world around them. I too find this notion silly, I know others probably sternly do not like or disregard my views here but so what I suppose.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
All I can say is I want to be a Cat.

I can dress as a cat and act as a cat.

But does that really make me a cat or am I still human?

Well No Im still 100% human.

link   

marg6043

I agree.

When I look at another member the human race I identified them as male or female, regardless of how they are trying to portray themselves, you can wear all the garb you want to make you special but at the end we are born of two specific genders, beside some rare DNA inherited traits that some happen to have.

So if anyone tells me he is a transgender as an example I will tell them no, you are a female or male of the human race and that is the truth, any of those new ways to tagging people are nothing but stupidity, and doesn't fit the fact that the persons that identify themselves with them have some serious identity problems.

Is very simple, if somebody is a male or female that happens to feel good when taking the role of the opposite sex that is not a gender that is a identification preference.

You are repeatedly confusing sex with gender.

Sex is physical, what genitals you are born with. Gender is mental, what your personality relates to the most.

If you're born with female genitals and identify with being female, great. But not everyone has it quite so easy for whatever reason. They aren't trying to feel "special" and they aren't "stupid." They're trying to be themselves instead of forcing themselves to conform to strictly male or female roles. Do you even realize how difficult it is to come out saying what you honestly feel you are? It goes beyond coming out of the closet with being gay or a lesbian. Put yourself into someone's else's perspective once in a while.

link   

ShadesOfGreen

Aleister
I may be out of the loop, but what does Cis mean? Tried to google it and came up with nothing related. Thanks.

Cis means that you are born as a specific gender and also identify with that gender.

en.m.wikipedia.org...
edit on th10am15America/Chicago46-0600f10Sat, 15 Feb 2014 10:58:46 -0600 by ShadesOfGreen because: (no reason given)

lol, that's new to me. They have a name for that? Why not just "male" and "female".

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

My thoughts exactly. Adding Cis in front one's gender makes no sense. Even most of my trans friends agree that the whole cis thing is a stupid pre-fix.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I have to ask, what is 'gender fluid' and 'genderqueer'?

Also, why is 'neither' on the list? Wouldn't 'other' cover the same category?

edit on 15-2-2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Just...be.

Couldn't agree more.

reply to post by marg6043

And to clarify...my confusion was not with who or what I am. I know and can live with it. My confusion is in attempting to understand the apparent sociological need for this sort of thing and the constructs behind it and motivation for it more than anything.

I'm just not sure it serves a purpose other than for attention or some sort of experiment or as some sort of social commentary that isn't at all what it appears to be, and I shudder to think of the effects on those who may be truly already confused for whatever reason. Not sure I see a real or benevolent purpose here.

Overall, at a gut level, it does kind of make me sad. and angry on all these levels.

reply to post by crazyewok

Meow.

LOL!
edit on 2/15/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Aleister

ShadesOfGreen

Aleister
I may be out of the loop, but what does Cis mean? Tried to google it and came up with nothing related. Thanks.

Cis means that you are born as a specific gender and also identify with that gender.

en.m.wikipedia.org...
edit on th10am15America/Chicago46-0600f10Sat, 15 Feb 2014 10:58:46 -0600 by ShadesOfGreen because: (no reason given)

lol, that's new to me. They have a name for that? Why not just "male" and "female".

Because male and female is too simplistic for some people to identify with. It covers all ranges of trans* people as well as those born into their respective sexes.

When someone is MTF or FTM trans, they should be able to express that more specifically than simply saying they're male or female.

link   
I didn't see Transsexual homophobic cross dressing transgender midget

link   

jrod
reply to post by Aleister

My thoughts exactly. Adding Cis in front one's gender makes no sense. Even most of my trans friends agree that the whole cis thing is a stupid pre-fix.

And where would a eunuch fit in?

ciseunuch?

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I will write to FB and ask them to add it for you stat!

Hey, Slayer...good to see ya.

ETA: Not for YOU! That came out all wrong. Just to add it to the list so that it is more complete! :p
edit on 2/15/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

ShadesOfGreen

marg6043

I agree.

So if anyone tells me he is a transgender as an example I will tell them no, you are a female or male of the human race and that is the truth, any of those new ways to tagging people are nothing but stupidity, and doesn't fit the fact that the persons that identify themselves with them have some serious identity problems.

Is very simple, if somebody is a male or female that happens to feel good when taking the role of the opposite sex that is not a gender that is a identification preference.

You are repeatedly confusing sex with gender.

Sex is physical, what genitals you are born with. Gender is mental, what your personality relates to the most.

If you're born with female genitals and identify with being female, great. But not everyone has it quite so easy for whatever reason. They aren't trying to feel "special" and they aren't "stupid." They're trying to be themselves instead of forcing themselves to conform to strictly male or female roles. Do you even realize how difficult it is to come out saying what you honestly feel you are? It goes beyond coming out of the closet with being gay or a lesbian. Put yourself into someone's else's perspective once in a while.

And that would be a mental disorder. It's not natural. Animals do not do it. We are just animals that learned how to use tools.

Honestly I don't care, whatever floats people's boat. Just don't expect me to trust these people babysitting my kids.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Actually...the more I see it, the more I kind of like the way Slate titled this article..."...be on Facebook." As in maybe not so much in the real world? Sorta kinda clever. Or is that just wishful thinking on my part?

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

SLAYER69
I didn't see Transsexual homophobic cross dressing transgender midget

Or a Trans I dontcare.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by StarlightNine

I'm always late...

Wouldn't have seen this at all if it wasn't for Real Time. Sigh...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join