It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here Are All the Different Genders You Can Be on Facebook

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

I don't think anyone disagrees with you, but the discussion was about gender, not sex.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

marg6043
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I guess at my age I have come to terms of who I am and what I have accomplished in my role of been a female of the human race, I don't remember when in any time of my existence during my short life in earth I ever doubted or wanted to be anything else.

I don't really care what people wants to be tagged with if that makes them "feel special", but when the political correctness forces others to deal with the stupidity of some of never finding themselves because they chose to be different or special I have problems with that, because like I say, beside the tagging and the choosing we are all the same, if you were born human you are either female or male and that is end of it.

I am sick of stupidity and I will have none of that nonsense that is been doing rounds this days in social media sites, that is the reason I don't belong to any of them, to tell the truth, ATS is the only board I actually belong to, because that kind of stupidity will be scrutinized and dismissed in not time here.

This quote from someone who calls people "stupid" constantly:

"Everyone is born either male or female."

That is patently incorrect. Is this why you avoid other social media outlets? They don't give you stars for saying nonsense because they subscribed to your group-think mentality prior to the discussion?

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

curme
reply to post by vkey08

I don't think anyone disagrees with you, but the discussion was about gender, not sex.

Male and female, biological genders am I missing something? All people in the world are either born one or the other, they can change that through surgery or how they act or dress or carry themselves, and I know quite a few wonderful people that have, but in the end it doesn't change how you were born, and they all agree with me on that. so???????

I mean I go both ways admittedly and actually nowadays prefer the company of a really cute girl but.. I was born Female, that is my gender, my preference is another story..

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

vkey08

Male and female, biological genders am I missing something? All people in the world are either born one or the other

Yes, you are missing something.

Hermaphroitism in humans

Intersex

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRegal

Hermaphrodites, are a biological oddity, they are classified still as Male with female organs or Female with Male organs, it's a mutation, as is Intersex (although it's rare but still a genetic mutation) it still doesn't explain things like CIS_gender and all the other ones they are trying to ram down our throats, I understand if someone IDENTIFIES with a different gender than they are born with, it does not mean they ARE a different gender until they take action to change that, they are still born that way, I could live with accepted medical terminology but to tell me that someone who has a sex change operation is not born a certain gender (ie: male or female) is out in left field.

That being said I do support anyones right to change their gender identity in life if they so choose, in fact two of my favorite co-workers are girls who were born male, and had operations to change that, it certainly doesn't affect how I deal with them as human beings, and I did ask them about this before i posted because I have to admit before i saw the article, I was unaware of some of the other terms they were using, and both of them state that when they were born, they were born of the male gender, and decided because they IDENTIFIED with the female gender to correct that.

(heck they both admin my Lightwave Girlz group on FB, no boyz allowed
)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

vkey08
reply to post by TheRegal

Hermaphrodites, are a biological oddity, they are classified still as Male with female organs or Female with Male organs, it's a mutation, as is Intersex (although it's rare but still a genetic mutation) it still doesn't explain things like CIS_gender and all the other ones they are trying to ram down our throats, I understand if someone IDENTIFIES with a different gender than they are born with, it does not mean they ARE a different gender until they take action to change that, they are still born that way, I could live with accepted medical terminology but to tell me that someone who has a sex change operation is not born a certain gender (ie: male or female) is out in left field.

No; I don't accept a science textbook as "left field". Look into the sources I provided you with. Many people are born with both XY and XX chromosomes.

Not everyone is born Male or Female.

Embrace the reality of the shades of grey.

Aside from having an ambiguous-looking external genitalia, true hermaphroditism in humans differs from pseudohermaphroditism in that the person's karyotype has both XX and XY chromosome pairs (47XXY, 46XX/46XY, 46XX/47XXY or 45X/XY mosaic) and having both testicular and ovarian tissue. One possible pathophysiologic explanation of this rare phenomenon is a parthenogenetic division of a haploid ovum into two haploid ova. Upon fertilization of the two ova by two sperm cells (one carrying an X and the other carrying a Y chromosome), the two fertilized ova are then fused together resulting in a person having dual genitalial, gonadal (ovotestes) and genetic sex.

It's not going to end the world if people want to inentify themselves differently than other people would like to indentify them, anyways. I'm not sure why people are upset about this change on facebook; the outrage makes no sense at all to me. Keep in mind that these people probably feel like freaks for no reason every day. One circumstance of the majority having to deal with seeing their reality as an option on facebook and freaking out about it is simply juvenile and absolutely pathetic to me.

But I'd agree that "cisgender" labels really make no sense either.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Oh, please! Where is the equality? I demand equal treatment for the Star Wars. We need Wookies and Gamorreans and Hutts and Twi-leks and Bothans and Droids!

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I must lead a sheltered life...I don't know what 98% of that list even means.

2nd

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join