It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here Are All the Different Genders You Can Be on Facebook

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Bingo!!!!!!!!!! you put it better that I could have dream of doing myself, now sounds more like an experiment within the younger generation and see how its accepted.

Gender is a choice, that sounds more like a conspiracy,

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I don't know what cis Female is... what does cis stand for?

***EDIT: Nevermind... theabsolutetruth was kind enough to explain it to me in this post!

edit on 2/15/2014 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I pretty much assumed that was a given, Margo. I got sidetracked too, by the length of the list and its origins and even trying to see if maybe there wasn't a better category for me. There's always an agenda with social media. Or those who turn it into one. And it's not always the agenda that it seems to be either.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

beezzer

crazyewok
reply to post by SLAYER69

Aww but shes a post op trans female borg!

Remember she was disconnected from the collective and had all those opps

Before the borg, she was a guy named Larry. He drove a truck. Drank beer. Spit a lot.

O so shes a Pre borg male post op trans female borg then

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

theabsolutetruth put in a definition on page 5. I didn't know this either before today.

theabsolutetruth

www.urbandictionary.com...

cisgendered
adj form of cisgender

The opposite of transgendered, someone who is cisgendered has a gender identity that agrees with their societally recognized sex.

Many transgender people prefer "cisgender" to "biological", "genetic", or "real" male or female because of the implications of those words. Using the term "biological female" or "genetic female" to describe cisgendered individuals excludes transgendered men, who also fit that description. To call a cisgendered woman a "real woman" is exclusive of transwomen, who are considered within their communities to be "real" women, also.
Some of my friends are trans, but I'm cisgendered.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

edit on 15-2-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

So, cis male?

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

According to reports the 50 choices is being rolled out from the 14th feb, but mine still says ''male'', ''female'' or ''custom'', which has a drop down box where things can be written.

For the record I am a woman, or female. I don't want to use a prefix but it would be cisfemale or ciswoman, is there a difference?

www.theguardian.com...
edit on 15-2-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Cool. Thanks. I asked a few friends to look for me, but they just kind of said, "what?"

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

~Lucidity
reply to post by new_here

theabsolutetruth put in a definition on page 5.

Hey thanks... I edited my post to say Nevermind I saw that post at the same time you were posting your response. Hey, you're, like, on top of your game in the replying arena!

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Maybe a conspiracy by Big Pharma to sell more pills. Mental health is wide-open terrain. So are hormone therapies. And so much more.

Imagine....

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I'm a gay male klingon trapped in a fey woman's body. Who is questioning whether s/he wants to continue living on this planet. Where's my representation?

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Skyfloating
This is a good way of introducing the false idea that "gender is a choice" (rather than a biological fact) onto Millions of people in one go. Nothing funny about it, its political-PC-propaganda.

I totally agree and I am against such psychological moves. I really think this thing should be rebuked and laws made against stupidity!

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

I'm sure they can come up with a pill for that.

And I'm not sure that being of or not of this world comes into play here. Yet...

ETA: P.S. You forgot elf? How do elves identify?
edit on 2/15/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Aren't they just. So many people have mutilated themselves because they believed in a choice of gender, many regretted it afterwards.

Nature is nature, best go with it, going against it when it is something as inbuilt and relevant to every thought and action as chromosomes sure isn't worth it.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

From your source, I gather and find interesting that the "transgender activists hail 'big advance" are the ones that have lobbied the most for this changes, sorry to say this but in my opinion the word "transgender" is nothing but an oxymoron.

The so call "transgender activists" needs to understand that whatever they do as personal preferences is a choice no a gender as they are all human and either male of female.

edit on 15-2-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

marg6043

From your source, I gather and find interesting that the "transgender activists hail 'big advance" are the ones that have lobbied the most for this changes, sorry to say this but in my opinion the world "transgender" is nothing but an oxymoron.

The so call "transgender activists" needs to understand that whatever they do as personal preferences is a choice no a gender as they are all human and either male of female.

It isn't a gender it is an emotional issue or even a political or just plain decisive choice.

I think it is a preference but it isn't a gender and shouldn't have no associations to gender, there are no such multiple categories in the real world of genetics and chromosomes so they should stop their agenda now.

People need to stop the craziness. Sometimes PC is just the opposite of that which it is meant to be.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

But, aside from the biological four choices (I think it's four), it appears here that some are defining gender differently (heart, mind, physical characteristics) and appear to subclassify it accordingly too, beyond the biological and into the psychological.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I remember that hormone therapy for people that wanted to change their gender was soo much tabu just a few years back, even only accepted in very rare cases, now is becoming a way of life for people that feel that they do not belong in the bodies they were born with.

I find not reason for why people should chose what ever makes them happy, but you could be right, this can open a door for big pharma big experiment on "alternative" treatments while making a profit at it, beside that classification of gender as a social norm will make it more acceptable.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Do you not see where I am from?

But sorry if I insulted your fluffiness.
edit on 2/15/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

No insult at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join