It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here Are All the Different Genders You Can Be on Facebook

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Searched, but didn't find this.Sorry if it's already posted.

Looks like Facebook is at it again with the...well I don't even know what to call this.

I don't Facebook, so I don't even know how to relate, but dang if I was, I would sure be feeling like I was being a little pigeonholed or slowly pushed into a corner by now.

This just sort blows my mind.

Link: Here Are All the Different Genders You Can Be on Facebook

Agender
Androgyne
Androgynous
Bigender
Cis
Cisgender
Cis Female
Cis Male
Cis Man
Cis Woman
Cisgender Female
Cisgender Male
Cisgender Man
Cisgender Woman
Female to Male
FTM
Gender Fluid
Gender Nonconforming
Gender Questioning
Gender Variant
Genderqueer
Intersex
Male to Female
MTF
Neither
Neutrois
Non-binary
Other
Pangender
Trans
Trans*
Trans Female
Trans* Female
Trans Male
Trans* Male
Trans Man
Trans* Man
Trans Person
Trans* Person
Trans Woman
Trans* Woman
Transfeminine
Transgender
Transgender Female
Transgender Male
Transgender Man
Transgender Person
Transgender Woman
Transmasculine
Transsexual
Transsexual Female
Transsexual Male
Transsexual Man
Transsexual Person
Transsexual Woman
Two-Spirit

Really? Why?
edit on 2/15/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Not enough choices.

I saw neither "Fluffy" nor "Awesome".

The human race is so damned silly.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Stupid.

Theres only two genders.

Male and female

XX and XY

With the exception of some rare and unfortunate gentical disorders,

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Really? Why?

Personally I think it has something to do with this ever shrinking world with technology and communications people are striving ever so hard to somehow realize an individuality that doesn't exist, it is a method of ignoring the truth that every single individual on earth is not that special. This is a direct symptom of this in my opinion, it may not be a popular one but it is mine and hope you find it relevant as well as I do not mean any disrespect to those that identify with some of those terms.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I mean no disrespect either, and I'm all for people identifying or trying to find themselves, but hell, this is just confusing to me.

Maybe I just like simplicity.

And I do like fluffy...that should definitely be a choice

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

If Facebook were truly serious, then they should have simply left that option blank and allowed the individual to fill in whatever gender they so desired to be classified.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yes but this goes directly against its (facebooks) ability to efficiently gather and save information as then it becomes unquantifieable if all people wrote in an individual thing. Imagine how hard it would be to cataloge with spelling errors alone

edit on 15-2-2014 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Ah Beese you just made my day!

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I could really care less, but now there are scores of gender identity options that just seems confusing.

The only thing I don't like is there is a very small faction that insists that instead of being a traditional male or female, now we are supposed to be referred to as cis-male or cis-female. Absolutely ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Brotherman
reply to post by beezzer

Yes but this goes directly against its (facebooks) ability to efficiently gather and save information as then it becomes unquantifieable if all people wrote in an individual thing. Imagine how hard it would be to cataloge with spelling errors alone

edit on 15-2-2014 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

And there's your answer!

Facebook is not a social media site where people can chat and trade cooking secrets!

Facebook is an entity that collects and categorizes information!

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The human race is so damn stupid, that is the right word to be use in this ever changing stupidity of tagging humanity with something.

Sorry, but my gender is female and of the human race, how about that, that is what we are born, to be female of male, regardless of what you want to be after that.

Just in rare cases you may have inherited some DNA screw up that make you "special" and "rare" the rest of us fall in those two categories and that is truth the rest is stupidity.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I'm almost positive that's probably how they collected this list. Maybe.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You forgot to add, that the NSA is loving it, every piece of word people write in that site, because it takes the job of guessing while spying on you, the information is already gathered and cataloged.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

It seems to me it might be some sort of emptiness that leads to this kind of searching? But what do I know?

Also, there's probably some element of that political correctness in here and some sort of pandering to the masses.

But again, what do I know and who am I do judge? All I can do is sit here and shake my head and remain eternally confused.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
This is important. Maybe not to those who are secure in simply being a man or a woman, but there are plenty of people who don't quite fit neatly into one of those two categories who deserve the chance to express that.

It has nothing to do with what genitals are in their pants. It's more of how they feel mentally, emotionally.

If it doesn't affect you, then don't worry about it. Let the others who it does matter to have their moment and enjoy being able to speak their minds as they see fit.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

~Lucidity
reply to post by marg6043

It seems to me it might be some sort of emptiness that leads to this kind of searching? But what do I know?

Also, there's probably some element of that political correctness in here and some sort of pandering to the masses.

But again, what do I know and who am I do judge? All I can do is sit here and shake my head and remain eternally confused.

Some aspects of this identity issue is very reminiscent to me, at least, of the new age agenda, that crock "indigo children" comes to mind when trying to understand this blatant and sickening reversal of truth unfolding around us all over. Why spend so much time trying to "redefine" what you are or how you are wanting to be perceived versus simply understanding the simplicity and role of yourself in quite a bit larger grander scheme of existence. Of course labeling yourself into one group or another actually alienates you farther from the vaster whole of humanity, again this is my opinion.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I may be out of the loop, but what does Cis mean? Tried to google it and came up with nothing related. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadesOfGreen

This pretty much sums it up in my view. The sooner that everyone stops thinking they deserve something for nothing...the better off we'll all be. Yay! Let's keep labeling ourselves.

edit on 15-2-2014 by TDawgRex because: another one of those days.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Aleister
I may be out of the loop, but what does Cis mean? Tried to google it and came up with nothing related. Thanks.

Cis means that you are born as a specific gender and also identify with that gender.

en.m.wikipedia.org...
edit on th10am15America/Chicago46-0600f10Sat, 15 Feb 2014 10:58:46 -0600 by ShadesOfGreen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Ahh...I'm looking them all up one at a time.

I kinda like non-binary? I dunno. Still confused.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join