It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here Are All the Different Genders You Can Be on Facebook

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

The whole 'gender alternative' community is a very small percentage of the world and as far as science is concerned those genders don't exist, at least not as genders, they are 'states of mind' or emotions which have no place under the term 'gender'.

It looks like facebook bowed down to pressure from LGBT communities complaints about not being 'represented'. Technically people, unless hermaphrodite / intersex are either or, even 'transgender' are genetically either or.

There are so many other 'emotional' states that aren't accounted for on facebook and rightly so, for example 'christian but feeling atheist' which really have no place as anything but an emotion.

So perhaps somewhere in the sleazy data collection world there are some minions gathering all the types of 'gender' for some nefarious purpose. Most of it is used for advertising and things like debt collection as well as some governments, just how some of these 'types' could be specifically advertised to is probably best not thought about, and governments probably have a box labelled 'deviant' that they might well be placed in.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Where is Asexual?

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Not to get off topic, but erm have you SEEN Seven of Nine?

I'd be Vulcan if only for the ears alone.

They're going to move this thread again to the extraterrestrial forum if we keep this up.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

crazyewok
reply to post by vkey08

I think borg are Agender as gender is irrelevent.

No, No, No....

7 of 9's Gender is very relevant!

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Oh, I just knew this was coming.

Thanks. Now he has seen her.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

I agree with a lot of this. Small population, yet so many, many categories. How could there possibly be so many? Seems to me the list is this long mainly to incorporate the numerous terms that have been created to describe some of the same things. There seems to be a lot of overlap to me, but then again I'm not familiar with many of the subtleties and nuances. Head, heart, genitals...lots of variations there.

And again, I'd really hate to see negative backlash or more hatred come from something like this. But they're probably right and not so many people will notice or even care unless it affects them directly. Let's hope so.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

~Lucidity

Agender
Androgyne
Androgynous
Bigender
Cis
Cisgender
Cis Female
Cis Male
Cis Man
Cis Woman
Cisgender Female
Cisgender Male
Cisgender Man
Cisgender Woman
Female to Male
FTM
Gender Fluid
Gender Nonconforming
Gender Questioning
Gender Variant
Genderqueer
Intersex
Male to Female
MTF
Neither
Neutrois
Non-binary
Other
Pangender
Trans
Trans*
Trans Female
Trans* Female
Trans Male
Trans* Male
Trans Man
Trans* Man
Trans Person
Trans* Person
Trans Woman
Trans* Woman
Transfeminine
Transgender
Transgender Female
Transgender Male
Transgender Man
Transgender Person
Transgender Woman
Transmasculine
Transsexual
Transsexual Female
Transsexual Male
Transsexual Man
Transsexual Person
Transsexual Woman
Two-Spirit

So where is plain ol' Male and Female???
I see "Female to Male" and "Male to Female" which I can only assume means sex change from one to the other? I am being discriminated against b/c my gender (Female) has been left off of the list. Who do I sue?

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Interesting. Maybe they only listed the new ones?

All said, this seems to be a pretty broad interpretation of gender anyway, straying from the contraints and constructs of pure biology and into the psyche. Guess FB is constrained to that term by using the field they already had assigned to this.

ETA: Reading back to page 1 though, I think we'd be cis female? Female identifying with female? But if male and female really aren't on the list anymore how many people are going to know that? cis is what they want? In that case, yes, maybe suing would be in order...or at least making a stink. If I were on FB I would LOL
edit on 2/15/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Aww but shes a post op trans female borg!

Remember she was disconnected from the collective and had all those opps

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

You really went there?

(Thanks for the laugh.)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

crazyewok

Aww but shes a post op trans female borg!

Remember she was disconnected from the collective and had all those opps

Before the borg, she was a guy named Larry. He drove a truck. Drank beer. Spit a lot.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Apparently 'male' and 'female' aren't PC enough! The prefix 'cis' apparently means 'biologically'. How ridiculous, especially as gender is completely determined by chromosomes, which is biological. We should rebuke all this nonsense, if they want a tick box for 'emotionally other' then fine but true gender is determined genetically.

www.urbandictionary.com...

cisgendered
adj form of cisgender

The opposite of transgendered, someone who is cisgendered has a gender identity that agrees with their societally recognized sex.

Many transgender people prefer "cisgender" to "biological", "genetic", or "real" male or female because of the implications of those words. Using the term "biological female" or "genetic female" to describe cisgendered individuals excludes transgendered men, who also fit that description. To call a cisgendered woman a "real woman" is exclusive of transwomen, who are considered within their communities to be "real" women, also.
Some of my friends are trans, but I'm cisgendered.

edit on 15-2-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

So, in other words, s/he was fluffy?

Here comes the confusion again....

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Someone who actually has FB and will admit to it here should look and see if just plain male and just plain female are there, don't you think? I honestly don't have it or I would look.

If they're not, this is a whole new ballgame.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
This is a good way of introducing the false idea that "gender is a choice" (rather than a biological fact) onto Millions of people in one go. Nothing funny about it, its political-PC-propaganda.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

~Lucidity
reply to post by beezzer

So, in other words, s/he was fluffy?

Here comes the confusion again....

As a "Fluffy" gendered person of terrestrial origin, I am insulted by your ignorance and confusion to my genderalitation.

Perhaps we need another category list to describe people who describe other people with obtuse gender identities.

Or we can just mind our own damned business.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Yep. And apparently they're piloting or at least introducing it first in the U.S. only? What are the odds this is going to fly in, say, Russia?

reply to post by beezzer

Do you not see where I am from?

But sorry if I insulted your fluffiness.
edit on 2/15/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Skyfloating
This is a good way of introducing the false idea that "gender is a choice" (rather than a biological fact) onto Millions of people in one go. Nothing funny about it, its political-PC-propaganda.

It is funny though. (In a sad way)

Perhaps no-one will be satisfied until there is an individual gender identification for each individual.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

You know I made a big mistake in the beginning of this thread, I should have targeted the conspiracy and agenda angle first, now the more I look into the new Facebook classification of gender labels like another posted call it, the more I see that it seems like some kind of conspiracy here, after all Facebook been a social media site with such a huge popularity specially among the younger crowd could be used as a testing ground, I would not be surprised that they have taken money by specific groups to do just that to see the responses they get from their members.

After all people in younger crowd can be influenced the most, specially when they are still trying to find their place in society while having a hard time identifying themselves with what is the norm.

Now I am bringing my social studies here, kind of dusty from years of having it seating in the closet while I worked on other professions. he, he.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

beezzer

Perhaps no-one will be satisfied until there is an individual gender identification for each individual.

I call this agenda "tyranny of the hypersensitive". One day, anyone who feels "left out" is going to want a special identification, special rights and entitlements, so as not to "feel left out".

What about the rights of the black disabled homophobic transgender android midget?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join