It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here Are All the Different Genders You Can Be on Facebook

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
And no KLingon of course.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadesOfGreen

I disagree, your sexual preferences are that just preferences if you want to be a man but have a female body or like the same people of the same sex that is a preference no a gender, the same way that if you want to be a tree or an animal or an object that is also a preference.

I use the sexual example because that is what started all this tagging from the beginning.

Gender is what you are born with originally, see I have not problems with that, I know exactly what I am talking about no confusions about it, but tagging itself with an object of words is a preference and is just a fantacy no real and never will become real at the end you just that human and part of the human race.

So what I am telling is that is no need for tagging, with a new special word, because gender is something that is already established, no new language to change what you are born as, but what you become after that is a choice.

People should be proud of what they are born as, the same way that they should be proud what their preferences are after that, tagging is not necessary.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I vaguely recall one of my friends complaining about the lack of gender-specific selections available. That conversation was quite a while ago now, but if I recall, she tried identifying herself as Cis or Cis-something. IDK, I wrote it off. It's just waaaaay too PC & convoluted of a way of saying "I'm genetically female, visually present myself as socially-deemed female, but have some socially-deemed masculine personality traits." As someone with lesbian in-laws, she's trying to say she's butch, but prettying it up to sound more special.

Give me a break. You're genetically one or the other, or a less common "both". Being yourself means ditching labels and NOT worrying whether or not there's enough checkboxes to placate your sense of worthiness via gender. Goddang.

Now, where's my Tomboy checkbox? I feel discriminated against now. Waaaah!

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

If you are proud with who you are, you need no tagging, you are just a human that have personal preferences that differ with others, as we all do in some way or other.

I should be more explicit about the issue, I should have said that I find the tagging now use in Facebook stupid.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Can someone tell the plastic companies that the BPA in the plastic is turning some people into fruitcakes. Also tell the PC police to f*ck off. Thank you.

If my remarks sound homophobic well I'm sorry that i offended you. (Not really though i kinda get off on offending people.)
edit on 15-2-2014 by truthofnitrous because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

You nail it, the right word is "labels" that is the way to explain what Facebook is doing, labeling people, perhaps is a hidden agenda behind it. Perhaps is nothing but an experiment to see how many people will fall for it and accept a new classification.

The whole purpose unknown but we will find out soon enough.

Now my conspirators mind is talking.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

marg6043
reply to post by Nyiah

You nail it, the right word is "labels" that is the way to explain what Facebook is doing, labeling people, perhaps is a hidden agenda behind it. Perhaps is nothing but an experiment to see how many people will fall for it and accept a new classification.

The whole purpose unknown but we will find out soon enough.

Now my conspirators mind is talking.

Well that would explain why Mark Zuckerberg called his users "dumb motherf*ckers".

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

cavtrooper7

What about a gay Gender Questioning Klingon? Were do they fit in?

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

I wonder the result of crossing a few of those 'genders'!!!!

How would a cross between some of these turn out

'neither' x 'two spirit' = a negative no spirit?

Quick somebody make a punnet square before humanity cancels itself out.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
How stupid is this?

Cis Man
Cis Woman
Cisgender Female
Cisgender Male
Cisgender Man
Cisgender Woman

THERE THE FREAKING SAME!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

theabsolutetruth

I wonder the result of crossing a few of those 'genders'!!!!

How would a cross between some of these turn out

'neither' x 'two spirit' = a negative no spirit?

Quick somebody make a punnet square before humanity cancels itself out.

My brain hurts........

Its the stuff us biologists have nightmares over!

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Margo, I'm with you on the conspiracy angle, just not sure quite how to decipher this yet. Maybe a social experiment thing, but what this will prove is a bit beyond me at the moment. My fear is always that it will attract more hate, but for those who wish to avoid that, they can, as apparently is true of many things on FB, hide that information. What they're saying is that, to paraphrase, for most this will mean nothing but for a few this will mean the world.

Options. Inclusiveness. Social constructs.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I bet there's some anally retentive (no pun intended) person sat there arguing that there's some sort of variation.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

theabsolutetruth

I bet there's some anally retentive (no pun intended) person sat there arguing that there's some sort of variation.

Id love to see then list those variations

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

cavtrooper7

Yeah, I saw that obvious glaring omission.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Klingons do have nice thighs.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

SLAYER69

cavtrooper7

Yeah, I saw that obvious glaring omission.

I got told I was a Romulan (or that I would make a good Orion slave girl dancer) I wonder why they don't have those either.

or BORG!!!! Resistance if Futile, They should have Borg!!!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

If they are indeed Klingon ,EXACTLY where they want to ,special people have adaptive talents don't you agree?
Since the culture is fictitous of course we can SAY anything but it would make sense to employ all facets of society to be successful. A feudal culture of warriors based on Viking and Samurai would have few hangups with regard to sexuality if they could fight well.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

I think borg are Agender as gender is irrelevent.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

The whole 'gender alternative' community is a very small percentage of the world and as far as science is concerned those genders don't exist, at least not as genders, they are 'states of mind' or emotions which have no place under the term 'gender'.

It looks like facebook bowed down to pressure from LGBT communities complaints about not being 'represented'. Technically people, unless hermaphrodite / intersex are either or, even 'transgender' are genetically either or.

There are so many other 'emotional' states that aren't accounted for on facebook and rightly so, for example 'christian but feeling atheist' which really have no place as anything but an emotion.

So perhaps somewhere in the sleazy data collection world there are some minions gathering all the types of 'gender' for some nefarious purpose. Most of it is used for advertising and things like debt collection as well as some governments, just how some of these 'types' could be specifically advertised to is probably best not thought about, and governments probably have a box labelled 'deviant' that they might well be placed in.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join