It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Save a turkey this year - have tofu "turkey" instead.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Vegetarian guys are sexy! However being a vegetarian should be a personal choice, but there is a really unattractive smell to meat eaters breath.

Mirthful: its really not an anti-simian conspiracy - some monkeys are well worth feeding. So you would have to specify what kind of moneky you were.

[edit on 23-11-2004 by Mynaeris]

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
As Homer Simpson said "You don't make Friends with SALAD"

I too want an answer on the gibblet issue? is is just random parts of molded gluten or what? The gluten would have that slimy mushy feature that most innards have.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
Vegetarian guys are sexy! However being a vegetarian should be a personal choice, but there is a really unattractive smell to meat eaters breath.[edit on 23-11-2004 by Mynaeris]

The only guys I've seen that are vegetarian are not into women, if you know what I mean. I eat approximately 2 lbs. of rare red meat and poultry (cooked of course) a day and my girlfriend loves my breath (mix in a little Listerine).

Peace

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Where are the "giblets" on a "tofurky" (yes, I really want to know).

I believe those "giblets" are from the workers who cut and paste these things together...

They're all standing in a line-assembly, cramped and unable to move their arms or legs, urinating and deficating on themselves, having their fingers cut off by management for not producing enough in an hour...

Mmm Mmmm good....

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Fear Not, no Turkeys will die at our house this year.

I am cooking a 10 lb USDA Prime standing ribroast and a whole Buffalo Tenderloin both will be grilled. Mmmmmmmmm

For once, FredT, we can agree.

It's Pheasant this year for me. mhm....

I for one advocate the non-inclusion of vegan principles in my household.

Vegans are the enemies of civilization, and I'll tell you why.

If there were such a thing as a vegan primitive human, you could expect the following.

You would spend the ENTIRE day foraging for food, on a continuous basis, and have little to no energy to keep going, so you'd have to forage even more. Meanwhile, the 'savages' chowing down on beef have plenty of energy, and have spare time left to sit, ponder, and make art, and lo and behold, children...

People talk about how slaughtering animals unnatural...when what's really unnatural is being a vegan. :/

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Meat breath.........gezz I just thought my ex was being, well, you know, a woman. But I agree, Vegetarian men are sexy. Especially ME. PS....I do like women, and only women. Being a Veg doesn't make you GAY! But it does give you more energy and stamina!

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Meat breath.........gezz I just thought my ex was being, well, you know, a woman. But I agree, Vegetarian men are sexy. Especially ME. PS....I do like women, and only women. Being a Veg doesn't make you GAY! But it does give you more energy and stamina!

Trust me most vegetarian men I have met were definitely not gay. They were also more intelligent and better informed about the world in general. I had a boyfriend who was omnivorous, this man could snore although he was definitely not fat, one day he became vegetarian and never snored again. His personality changed also, he no longer felt the need to show he was the alpha male - macho men have sexual identity issues.

It's kind of primitive to sacrifice a huge bird every year to show thanks for the things you have received. I give thanks every day for the things I received so graciously from the Creator.

For those claiming to be indigo kids, a sure sign of transformation to octarine/crystal is when you become meat intolerant.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Good for you Mynaeris

Even though I'm not a vegetarian myself, I have nothing but respect for vegetarians as well as animal rights activists.

I'd by lying if I told you that those facts you gave about turkey slaughter didn't bother me...

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
eh....

Not really.

The more energy thing is a myth...

There is simply not enough proteins in a traditional vegetarian diet to argue that you can get more energy from vegetables...you'd have to eat something like 1.5 lbs of veggies for every one ounce of meat to get an equal energy intake.

Vegetarian mentality is only a recent thing...to be completely honest...if you were vegetarian before modern times, you probably would have died from starvation...There was just no way to get a healthy intake of the proper proteins and such without meat.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
For all of you who want to become vegetarians but don't want to give up their beef jerkey, they even have something for you.

"TOFURKY JURKY

Calling all jerky lovers--especially those of you who can't get enough of our Stonewall's and Cajun jerkies! Here is an entirely new concept in jerky: an organic gluten/tofu product in flat, chewy circles, with all the rich, zesty flavor you love.

Tofurky Jurky from Turtle Island, the "Tofurky People"

This is the first great-tasting vegetarian jerky alternative made without the use of preservatives or liquid smoke. We take our Famous Tofurky Recipe, marinate it in GMO-free soy sauce, garlic, lemon juice, and evaporated cane juice overnight and smoke it in our own smokehouse on the banks of the Columbia River where jerky making has been a way of life for centuries. The "Jurky" is then vacuum-sealed under controlled conditions to insure freshness. The result is this delicious chewy, lightly smoked snack that is high in protein, low in fat, and free of any animal products "

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   

And it may sound ignorant, but that's my feelings on the subject.

What if I became unreasonable and said I was only going to eat meat? Then, when I went out with my friends I would stare like a re-re at their salads and then eat all of their chicken wings because I complained that I couldn't find anything I could eat? That would be stupid and nobody would put up with it, because it would be uber retarded.

(Stuffthatisawesome.tripod.com)

This guy cracks me up.

Seriously, though...I have ZERO guilt about how many animals die to feed me. Animals do not equal peoples. God put animals here for us to eat. I will eat them until I get botulism, and I could care less about the 'moral dilemma' of chowing down on animal flesh.

[/rant]

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I haven't eaten meat for about 9 years now....
Couple weeks after I stopped eating meat I've noticed, that I'm not getting angry so easy, somehow things which usually irritated me, made me laugh instead. I believe there is a connection between frustration and amount of meat people are consuming. Maybe getting rid of meat is the way to solve the problem of anger in ATS???

peace

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Loki: I fully respect your choice to eat meat. Everything we choose to do in life is a choice and we progress spiritually through our choices not through accidents. And just for the record I never have problems with finding vegetarian food anywhere. Its not like vegetarians can only go to a vegetarian restaurant. In December I am going to Egypt for two weeks and have been reading up on local dishes and NOPE not going to be a problem. As for energy I am very energetic- love hiking, scuba diving, skiing, etc etc (Damn sounds like a personals ad).

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Yeah, there's alot of pretty good middle-eastern food that has rice, and other non-meat things in it. I just love tweaking peoples noses about the whole OMGZZZZ! you eat meat!? Gross!!!!111one.

Plus...I've tried the whole tofu thing....I lasted about a week before two things happened.

I got sick from the tofu,
and I realized that I was always freaking hungry.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Why do vegetarians bother some people so much?

They choose not to eat meat, and have a good reason for doing so if you ask me.

Oh and I also have to agree with the "vegetarian men are sexy" statement.
Any man who looks beyond their self-interest for the betterment of others is indeed very sexy!

[edit on 11/23/2004 by Lecky]

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The problems begin when Vegetarians begin to espouse their lifestyle and act as if they are for some reason superior to omnivores.

Atkins diet aside, I would wager that there are very few pure carnivores in the human population, Jeffrey Dahmer notwithstanding.

Let people eat what they want to eat.

period.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by moxyone
The problems begin when Vegetarians begin to espouse their lifestyle and act as if they are for some reason superior to omnivores.

Atkins diet aside, I would wager that there are very few pure carnivores in the human population, Jeffrey Dahmer notwithstanding.

Let people eat what they want to eat.

period.

I always find it amusing that when people believe that something that they are doing is fine, they start blaming their defensiveness on attacks by the "other side" - eg vegetarians/omnivores, homosexuals/heterosexuals, smokers/non-smokers, abortion/pro-lifers, Republicans/Democrats.

I say choose what you want in life but own the responsibility for your actions and the repercussions of them.

Namaste
Mynah

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I've never been attacked by any vegetarians have you?

Most of them just fight their battles with their knowlege and facts...if this gets under your skin then maybe you should ask yourself why you feel so defensive on the matter...could it be guilt?

To be fair, I think there are some animal activist groups like PETA who can go too far, and I'm well aware of a few animal activists going too far when it comes to making their stance against animal cruelty.

I'll keep my mouth shut on this issue now, LOL...I'm pretty sure it wasn't Mynaeris' intent to start a flame war against all carnivore's
If you eat meat, than by all means eat meat...I can see clear valid arguments from both sides.

My family will be eating pork this Thanksgiving, I may have to pass and stick to the side dishes (they are always much tastier than the meat anyways IMO)

[edit on 11/23/2004 by Lecky]

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris

Originally posted by moxyone
period.

I always find it amusing that when people believe that something that they are doing is fine, they start blaming their defensiveness on attacks by the "other side" - eg vegetarians/omnivores, homosexuals/heterosexuals, smokers/non-smokers, abortion/pro-lifers, Republicans/Democrats.

I say choose what you want in life but own the responsibility for your actions and the repercussions of them.

Namaste
Mynah

not defensive at all, my dear.
you may get off your soapbox now.

[edit on 23-11-2004 by moxyone]

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Women want "real" men. Not wussies. Wife number 3 I think. Got rid of her.

Yeah, you guys were probably not meant for each other.
You prolly weren't what she wanted.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join