It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judging members by their Avatars

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Rod, all I know is that you should stay away from Acme brand products while pursuing that bird. I'd hate to see you plastered to the side of a mesa.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LizardSlicks

I resent that!

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

my avatar is an excercise in control over perception. the cube is not spinning. its an illussion. if you see it as spinning then is it clockwise or counter? can you reverse the direction you percieve it to be spinning? can you percieve it as bouncing back and forth never making a full revolution? can you switch your perception to any of the possibilities at will?

and the backround is just a nice photo i took a decade ago

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

cube??? i see a globe.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

pryingopen3rdeye

my avatar is an excercise in control over perception. the cube is not spinning. its an illussion. if you see it as spinning then is it clockwise or counter? can you reverse the direction you percieve it to be spinning? can you percieve it as bouncing back and forth never making a full revolution? can you switch your perception to any of the possibilities at will?

I can!! Mind blown!

I saw the spinning girl thingy. I can get her to reverse, but nowhere near as easy as yours. Pretty neat avatar.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Mine's not well received. My attempt at irony is simply lost on too many ... inviting hostility.

Hiya, Snarl.

I don't "receive" yours at all, to be honest. And I'm not being hostile. It's just 'too far from the camera' for me to see what it is.
What is it about?? The little statue guy is like 1" high on my laptop.

All I see is a statue on a pedestal.
?
edit on 2/2/14 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I hate it when people start picking on your avatar because they have lost all credibility in their posts.
I have been called Odd, disturbed and other things because of my Avatar,, I even had a couple of PM's telling me to change it...lol.

Oh perfect example in this thread...guy loses so starts name calling someones avatar.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

beezzer

And my avatar says what about me?

LOL

That you're a crybaby.

Actually, Beezzer - your avy is the first one I mentioned. It says that something thought - provoking, intelligent and most likely humorous is posted.

I especially enjot the hit-and-runs that you and Rickeymouse do.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

boymonkey74
I hate it when people start picking on your avatar because they have lost all credibility in their posts.
I have been called Odd, disturbed and other things because of my Avatar,, I even had a couple of PM's telling me to change it...lol.

Oh perfect example in this thread...guy loses so starts name calling someones avatar.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I particularly like you avatar

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I know
whats not to like?.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I havent made an Avatar yet.

Im not really that tech savvy but I love this site.
I dont really get alot of stars when I make a post but thats ok.
Im kind of an outcast and not one of the popular people but thats the way I want It.
I enjoy being different from the average person because thats where I find myself.
What a better place than here to be one of the special misfits .

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

overanocean
I havent made an Avatar yet.

Im not really that tech savvy but I love this site.
I dont really get alot of stars when I make a post but thats ok.
Im kind of an outcast and not one of the popular people but thats the way I want It.
I enjoy being different from the average person because thats where I find myself.
What a better place than here to be one of the special misfits .

If and when you want an avatar.. there are plenty of pretty cool and techy folks here who can help. There is a thread for this as well. Just ask 'em

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

It's the 'bad cop' who pepper sprayed the Kali students at a sit-in protest. He's taken the place of Liberty on her pedestal. Something about it resonated with me, and since I had a copy of it (and no talent like the Avatar Creation folks), it was adopted.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Mine is easy to explain..

I'm a fan of metal and nothing is more amusing to me then the ridiculous poses you find black metal bands, in this case Immortal, using in their pics.
edit on 2014pAmerica/Chicago2809ppm by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

opethPA
Mine is easy to explain..

I'm a fan of metal and nothing is more amusing to me then the ridiculous poses you find black metal bands, in this case Immortal, using in their pics.
edit on 2014pAmerica/Chicago2809ppm by opethPA because: (no reason given)

Ridiculous poses... you really CANT get better than the Black Satans! I love the Black Satans avatars on ATS!

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

dave_welch
reply to post by Rodinus

Rod, all I know is that you should stay away from Acme brand products while pursuing that bird. I'd hate to see you plastered to the side of a mesa.

This made me think of another catagory that I dont see much of - cars!!

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

pryingopen3rdeye

and the backround is just a nice photo i took a decade ago

That was difficult, but I finally got it.
Thanks for the challenge. (And it was cool!)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Thanks .
I like it here.
I have to admit that the whole star thing sometimes is slightly a bit disconcerting.
I try to ignore the stars or lack there of with my post the best I can . I guess its all part of the system here , and thats just fine with me .
I like the civility and respect ATS is known for.
I appreciate your welcome and info on avatars , I move at snails speed so after 2 years of incognito Im almost at the avatar stage.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Hey, I just want to say that members without an avatar give the impression of naked punks yelling out of the crowd just to be heard.
You are showing some respect to the community and to the concept of a forum by having an avatar. In your daily life you dress yourself too to show others that you care them.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by PapagiorgioCZ

interesting opinion.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join