It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judging members by their Avatars

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

Hahaha,

Ok nugget1,

If you need any help with finding an avatar, or re-sizing it, click on my signature----it takes you to the avatar creations thread, where we would be more than happy to help.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
So then, What do you think of this one?

How did I get it? Well, you could say I caught the crazy train and went for a trip to the twilight zone. And came back with a souvenir.

So who is the 222 anyway?

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Somebody stole my avatar.
I was surfing ATS, and it just disappeared!

I"m sure there is a conspiracy connected to missing avatars.
Anybody else having this problem?

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

I'm just a little curious which of these categories I fall into.

To answer the question though - I tend to not give much attention to avatars; as whatever assessment I can give based on someones avatar may be biased to my own liking or disliking of said imagery. I could say that having no avatar lacks dedication to the site, but who am I to say whether or not you're dedicated.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

butcherguy
I don't like avatars, so they should be banned.

At least they don't make noises.

With a 'handle' like BUTCHERGUY I'm kinda glad you don't like avatars, LOL

Mine changes occasionally but usually reflect me or my ancestry, such as the German Crusader, my family came to America as a Hessian Solder (but decided to change and joined the colonists) so I was going to use a Hessian.
Something I wonder if anyone else notices, depending on what avatar you display has a lot to do with how many stars you receive.
Even though our government is broken and tearing apart the constitution, I think my avatar represents what our country SHOULD stand and fight for... of course some see it differently!

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

wulff

butcherguy

Mine changes occasionally but usually reflect me or my ancestry, such as the German Crusader, my family came to America as a Hessian Solder (but decided to change and joined the colonists) so I was going to use a Hessian.
Something I wonder if anyone else notices, depending on what avatar you display has a lot to do with how many stars you receive.
Even though our government is broken and tearing apart the constitution, I think my avatar represents what our country SHOULD stand and fight for... of course some see it differently!

Now that's an interesting thought - avatar and number of stars. It could be done, though I doubt anyone would be will to take the time to catagorize all the avatars and run the numbers.

It would be interesting though to have the data.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

FyreByrd

wulff

butcherguy

Now that's an interesting thought - avatar and number of stars. It could be done, though I doubt anyone would be will to take the time to catagorize all the avatars and run the numbers.

It would be interesting though to have the data.

You gave me an idea along those lines, wouldn't it be interesting to have a poll where you could vote on everyone's avatar? Some of them are downright disturbing (such as the bug crawling out onto the eye!) maybe even a place be able to tell why you voted them up or down!
I wonder if anyone else would be interested in this?
By the way, a flaming Phoenix Bird would be a cool avatar with your name!

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
what exactly is my avatar again?

second line
edit on pm220142804America/ChicagoMon, 03 Feb 2014 16:05:26 -0600_2000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Well if anyone wishes to judge me by my avatars they would have almost seven years of homework to do and over a hundred avatars. Best of luck. Currently, I'm just in the spirit of Valentines Day.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
yes i am exactly like my avitar so judge away some will think a drunk waster and benefit sponge

but can you believe everything on the internet

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Another_Nut
what exactly is my avatar again?

second line
edit on pm220142804America/ChicagoMon, 03 Feb 2014 16:05:26 -0600_2000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

I'm not sure, but my guess would be against T&C.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

that was funny

i really cant remember ...it was five years ago.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

jacygirl

taoistguy
reply to post by jacygirl

i don't understand why you chose to portay yourself standing on the shoulder of a human?

Because she is the "Mother of Dragons"....lol...
I call it "Selfie with Mom"!!

jacygirl

Hahahahaha!!!! I love dragons!

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I always looked at the avatars as a reflection of the member. I mean you would know by looking at mine that I'm a gun-toting atheist with a high degree of support for the 2nd Amendment and the words of our Constitution. But you would never dream I'm a big ole softy for cats and all things feline related, that I have a distaste for people being pompass, that I hate homelessness, that I hate how our youth are being educated. The avatar is a reflection, not a true image, a mere reflection. But it's the reflection we want others to see. Our "on-line bravados" To give the proper credit. I did not create my avatar, I am so computer dyslexic, I had Bigfatfurrytexan create mine. Thanks again BFFT.
edit on 3-2-2014 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Night Star

jacygirl

taoistguy
reply to post by jacygirl

i don't understand why you chose to portay yourself standing on the shoulder of a human?

Because she is the "Mother of Dragons"....lol...
I call it "Selfie with Mom"!!

jacygirl

Hahahahaha!!!! I love dragons!

Who doesn't?

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Oh gee, I hope not. Surely I'm in big trouble then.

(Is this the third smiley change? Bet you guys are missing the cute 2nd gen ones now, eh? I always hated the 1st ones personally.)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Me?
I just like spicy food...(dramatic pause)...or do I ?!?

edit on 3-2-2014 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

I, too, indulge in the eye watering flavor of spicy food.

I think that you're the red hot chili kind.

I bet that you make all the boys howl.

I know that you're one hot mama.

Happy February 3rd.
edit on 3-2-2014 by FeelEEL because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Things have changed so much on ATS it wouldn't suprise me if people judged eachother solely on their avatars. Some of them are very well put together though.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

clairvoyantrose
Things have changed so much on ATS it wouldn't suprise me if people judged eachother solely on their avatars. Some of them are very well put together though.

No doubt. Folks sure fight with me more with this avatar. Maybe I should try a big boobed cartoon character... with pink sparkly flowers or something.

Maybe Ill just go back to my old one.. NAHHHH!!!

People are surely odd...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join