It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judging members by their Avatars

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

Only picked my avatar because I think it is the sexiest bike ever created by man, real or fiction. Not much of a storyline but I had a thing for Manga 20 years ago.
edit on 4/2/14 by DataWraith because: spelling. damn these cold fingers

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

so i figured out where it came from

and i think you are right

but im not going to tell if you dont

its part of a painting by one of the greatest painters ever known

simon bisley

ill let u guys find it if you want

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I don't ''judge'' users by their avatars... I consider peoples avs to be their ''logos'' regardless of where its taken from. And over time I begin to associate them with their av image. I've used the 8 directional arrow ever since I joined and though I've changed the colors, theme/style from time to time, I can't imagine using any other symbol now.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I havent changed my avatar in ages , I really should , I made it because it was funny and reminded me of pacman it was inspired by ATS threads when I joined .

Doesn't really say anything about me other than I like fun and UFOlogy and space

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
*Take me away please*

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

ShaunSwindon
*Take me away please*

Be careful what you ask for my friend!

jacygirl

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

Well with the World not being the World everyone thinks it is and overpopulation becoming an increasing problem I would even offer to be a knowing slave off World instead of an unknowing one here

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I've wondered about this quite often as I'm new here and have had a hard time having anyone reply to my comments. I've wondered if it was because I work for the Government and on a S.O. level with a very high clearance. So, I guess my question is, because of my career choice, has this ostracized me from this community? I also belong to UM and am very well respected there (however I've been trying to make ATS my home as UM is simply driving me crazy for many different reasons).

I have a LOT to offer this community and have a very extensive background in the matters at hand so I'm hoping this community will accept me.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SGT101Airborne

Sounds like your sub-conscience is getting to you mate

Personally I don't automatically picture you as a army person by perhaps seeing your avatar sir

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

While there are people here that won't like you because of your career, that won't stop comment replies (good or bad). Maybe no one has deemed any of your responses respond worthy. It happens.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

SGT101Airborne
I've wondered about this quite often as I'm new here and have had a hard time having anyone reply to my comments. I've wondered if it was because I work for the Government and on a S.O. level with a very high clearance.

Nah, I think everyone's just scared cuz it looks like you've got your finger on the trigger, lol!
All kidding aside...just keep on posting, and don't worry about 'fitting in'.

ShaunSwindon....Noooo! You don't want to be a slave anywhere! (At least on earth if you get probed, there is a chance of dinner first, or breakfast after!)

jacygirl

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

What's UM?

I looked at your post list after seeing your post here, just so ya know. I haven't run into you before.

Do an intro thread!

I'm guessing that if you've disclosed your work situation, people might be reticient, cuz...you know....well. You know. Cuz, the government. And aliens.

Anyway - keep trying!

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

SGT101Airborne
I've wondered about this quite often as I'm new here and have had a hard time having anyone reply to my comments. I've wondered if it was because I work for the Government and on a S.O. level with a very high clearance. So, I guess my question is, because of my career choice, has this ostracized me from this community? I also belong to UM and am very well respected there (however I've been trying to make ATS my home as UM is simply driving me crazy for many different reasons).

I have a LOT to offer this community and have a very extensive background in the matters at hand so I'm hoping this community will accept me.

I would not have known that about you if you hadn't offered the information so no.

I don't recall ever seeing you post a comment on any of the treads I haunt, so that would most likely be the reason you have never had a response from me.

If you were to create a thread, you would probably be overwhelmed with responses.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Hmmmmm.....never judge a member by their avatar. They may be purposely misleading

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Judge me!

I am a piss-poor artist!

My kids wanted me to use a picture of a... well-known wizard. All of which pictures are copyrighted, and so un-usable by me. So I drew my own, which they thought was absolutely hilarious. Scanned it in and, used it ever since.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

sk0rpi0n
I don't ''judge'' users by their avatars... I consider peoples avs to be their ''logos'' regardless of where its taken from. And over time I begin to associate them with their av image. I've used the 8 directional arrow ever since I joined and though I've changed the colors, theme/style from time to time, I can't imagine using any other symbol now.

In the Warhammer 40K universe your AV stands for the "Eightfold path of Chaos."

Which BTW I am a huge fan of. (The books, not Chaos. They're supposedly the bad guys.)

Go Airborne and welcome!
edit on 023pm2626pm52014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

SGT101Airborne

A Screaming Eagle ehh?

Give it time. You'll find your way. Welcome.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I believe in Aliens and I'm a huge Trekkie. No sure what else you can get from my Avatar. I do have to say that Night Star has my favorite Avatar here

edit on 5-2-2014 by MrsReid333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

What's UM?

I'm thinking the Unexplained Mysteries forum. I am a member there but never post anymore and hardly ever visit. I'm stuck being addicted to ATS. I live here. LOL

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

tovenar

Judge me!

I am a piss-poor artist!

My kids wanted me to use a picture of a... well-known wizard. All of which pictures are copyrighted, and so un-usable by me. So I drew my own, which they thought was absolutely hilarious. Scanned it in and, used it ever since.

You win in my opinion , I like your wizard drawing

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join