It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Courtney Brown predicts a "world-changing event" in Feb 2014

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Maybe keep an eye on Iran, perhaps Keshe Technology will finally be revealed. Scoff all you like, but this isn't that far-fetched from other predictions.

An Insight into the Future
World Peace Conference Treaty
The Status of Scientists

Keshe Foundation

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

hurdygurdy
Maybe keep an eye on Iran, perhaps Keshe Technology will finally be revealed. Scoff all you like, but this isn't that far-fetched from other predictions.

What does this have to do with a "mystery that has confused our civilization for thousands of years?"

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
www.transients.info...

An update worth mentioning by Courtney (30 minutes ago)

"Update: More on the timing of the announcement.... There is still a lot of activity behind the scenes, including disagreement, angry emails, wonder, amazement, international phone calls,..., you name it, it is there. The announcement will happen this month, but I still do not have an exact date.

Again, we are not talking about any kind of Earth changes, presidential revelation, pole shift, ET landing, second coming, end of the world, or anything like that. This is much bigger in its own way. It is just an announcement and the release of information, but information changes worlds more profoundly than anything else. Some will disagree and laugh at it. Some will marvel. But in time, history will show that our civilization changed its direction on the date of the announcement. You will read about it here, and elsewhere."

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TiedDestructor

Either I'm jumping into the future myself or I read that somewhere today - so strange it's new (one of those weird things if it actually is new). The only thing they could argue about, that also has perplexed man for centuries is evidence of life IMO. Why would it be debatable - due to the repercussions/reception of such news. I can't think of another thing that matches as well.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

The only thing they could argue about, that also has perplexed man for centuries is evidence of life IMO.

There's evidence of life all around us.
Oh, you mean extraterrestrial life. Never mind.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Good catch
. Too much ATS today - time for sleeping now.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by nextone

End of slavery, dawn of Human Sovereignty.

Some great man was asked by a wise entity the reason we pay to live on our own planet. As a Human, he couldn't provide an answer because that is our current paradigm. I hope someone who reads this know who I'm referring to.

Free energy would level the playing field, worldwide.

Keshe Technology or similar, since MT Keshe (and likely others) have freely given the technology to many countries, including the U.S.

It will dissolve boundaries, monopolies, conglomerates, along with the greed and corruption they entail. That's only the start of ending Human bondage.

Sound lame? It's a valid potentiality we need to believe in and insist upon.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

we have given the title of 'life' to the conception of what we think 'life' is to what 'appears' to be life.
we can't really be sure.
hypnotised people can believe they see talking dogs. people dream.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by taoistguy

Some people think humans are intelligent just because some act that way.

Not to be taken personally, in any manner, please.

edit on 2/11/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

none taken.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I think intelligent life on earth is still hard to find. It's there, but rare.
People act like they think they're intelligent, but constantly prove otherwise.

Maybe our missing link has been found.
Or our origins. Fluke? Panspermia? Alien hybrids?

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I can't help but to reply to the comment above as it's a good one. What we perceive as intelligent is subjective. I often hear about intelligent life on other planets but in theory a crocodile (my latest interest) is intelligent (problem solving; able to adapt - genetic intelligence). If we find evidence of life on other planets we won't really be able to assess intelligence without observation. If we see clear evidence of abstract thinking it may not be hard but a highly intelligent creature might also be good at not appearing to be intelligent as a way to survive. Ok seriously - time to sleep. Hope that made sense.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
There are some things you just can't un-see, though you may wish you could. Dr. Brown's history is one of those things. I would bore you with all the details but it would take a year, and it would sound like I was attacking the man. I have no desire to attack him, not for lack of his probable deserving I suppose, but because I'd rather spend my time in more positive pursuits, and in part because I spent enormous personal internet time since 2007 pointing out the obvious to people in the field he is making claims from (remote viewing) and frankly I am just burned out on the idea of him deserving my time even in the negative.

As a succinct overview, Brown is a well-credentialed PhD whose schooling clearly missed the whole lab-science-and-blinding edu portion sadly. He was personally cult-indoctrinated by a former government intelligence man who was very briefly a member of administrative management in a certain project during what the CIA would now like everyone to call the Star Gate Program. That guy (Ed Dames) was a member of a 'strategic deception' unit when promoted and released upon the world, to go forth and tie RV to UFOlogy (best most effective disinformation platform in the world) and otherwise annihilate any credibility it had earned previously. Brown was one of his most major fairly early accomplishments, who had the credential he didn't (PhD) and enough messianic-paranoic-egocentric motivation to fuel his own star without encouragement once set into motion. He is in great part remembered for the 'Hale-Bopp' drama on the old Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell show, although in all fairness, Dames should have tanked reputation vastly harder than he did for that.

Much like it is injust to tar the whole field of ufology with being a fraud merely because so many people in it are; I ask only that you consider there is a science protocol for psi (remote viewing) which underneath all the enormous amounts of hyperbole and BS in the public arena is a small but awesome thing that deserves better than the self-claimed representation it gets.

Regarding his labeled this-is-fact-not-prediction, sales-teaser-but-wait-there's-more announcement:

I will say that I am all for positive thinking.

And, I am willing to give a little leeway to the idea that some intuitive things can be abstracted enough not to be clear initially but not without value nonetheless. Yes, that means vague.

His approach here, to me, sounds less like an announcement series and more like an experiment intentionally played out to see if one could tip the "positive but unspecific expectation of consciousness"* to essentially "create or FIND" something within that period which could serve as what he hopes.

I'm a nearly pathological-optimist so I'm actually fond of that idea on a "consciousness" level, or I would be if I didn't detest the word consciousness because it has no decent definition and mostly serves to further muddy what is already unclear. Suffice to say that I do believe in probabilities, and I do believe in some degree of interaction between humans and their experiential reality going on underneath the level of merely cognition and senses, though what that might be is pretty fuzzy.

Perhaps attempting to place a positive marker of attention, rather than a negative (doom) one; and an unspecific anything could happen marker, rather than a specific (aliens, wall street) one; has some value, I don't know.

But, that is not remote viewing. And while he claims RV as his basis for everything and has since 1997, at least so far that I've seen, his conception of remote viewing is biased by his psychology, which wishes to make it into whatever supports what he finds interesting, as opposed to being a science protocol designed in great part to preclude people like him in the lab. He does seem to have slightly improved in the last few years, although really things could only get better, but his long history of just leave-you-speechless stuff has biased me against believing him; I am more inclined to think he is getting better at seeming to do things within expected boundaries and not necessarily really doing them that way.

I've noticed that although in some respects, some degree of his protocol (science rules, not psi method) have improved, he is still intentionally making things obfuscatingly, unfalsifiably complex and abstracted. This is generally one of the signs of diversion in psychic work; the clearer, cleaner, simpler things are, the better. Best-case it's never going to be simple because human evaluation is always required for the comparison of session result and reality. Part of proper protocol is getting it as simple as possible around that.

In a previous 'project' that was probably the closest to actual RV I'd seen him do in 17 years, he was targeting viewers on climactic conditions at various locations around the world at a given date/time (in the future). This would be legit targeting, and the targeted data appeared to be double-blind and not implied, an RV requirement I'd never before seen evidenced in his stuff. That doesn't make the data valid mind you. And his role as tasker would wipe out any interest I had in viewing, since psi in an RV context is contingent on the concept that thoughts are things and the intent of the tasker matters (or can if you let it), and I don't expect his intent is for truth, but rather for what he wants to be true, to validate some idea he had (all of which tie into his messianic-paranoic tendencies). However, the point is, it was the closest to ordinary RV I'd ever seen him do...

I was just about to be incredibly relieved, when I realized the context of it all. It wasn't merely a viewing we could compare to feedback. No, there was some whole convoluted thing about how this was going to evidence multiple probability timelines. I read it, and read it again, and I am not a genius but I'm not an idiot either, and I really could not see that his logic on this had any validity or would have proved or even suggested anything. What it mostly evidenced was his unwillingness to do projects that are simply clean RV, as opposed to something metaphysically-labrinthian that leave even the most ardent remote viewing supporters, and the most far-out woo sorts -- and I happen to be both -- with a headache and no clear idea of what any of it meant even when it was over.

But this is a new "focus" I guess.

What I think, as a devil's advocate sort of thing, is that humanity has an immense number of "potentials." And that in any given month of any given year, if we were sufficiently focused in quantity, we could probably find one or more things that were simply amazing and had the potential to someday, eventually, change our world. The crux might be not whether this exists, but merely whether we are really-really-looking.

I think it would be neat-o if he were right and this glorious thing is unfolding, but I don't believe it would be for remote viewing reasons if he were. When it comes to prophecy, some people are wrong or just off-abstracted-in-space so often that eventually almost by accident they're likely to be at least partially right about something.

Still, if I surgically remove the remote viewing part of his schtick -- because I know that topic and I am profoundly biased against him within it -- and merely stick with the "probability of a positive future for mankind" or whatever might be implied by his current starry-eyed non-prediction series -- that sort of thing sounds groovy. I'm all for it! Maybe there's something we'll "find."

(Of course he covered it well by implying we might be too stupid to see it now so may have to wait indefinitely to 'realize' it.)

We could probably found a religion on precisely this kind of non-prediction optimism. Although for Phage's sake it would have to be described in merely one word. He didn't say a short word, though, and I'm pretty sure German allows us to combine any number of words into one where necessary. Could I use two? How about "What If?"

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Er, sorry, that should have been "since 1997" not "since 2007." And apparently it was 1996 LOL. How time flies...

Actually you can find an old Coast to Coast AM radio show with Brown that I laboriously transcribed. I nearly gave myself carpal tunnel with the stress during it, his soft patronizing voice doing a lot of subtle indirect slander and misleading set me off so, resulting in my not making any more transcripts of his stuff. But if you'd like an early look at his presentation, it's here:

Transcript: Radio July 19, 1996
Art Bell Coast to Coast AM (USA)
Courtney Brown

Ed Dames's most notorious student makes a big splash on late-night talk radio for five solid hours, impressing the hell out of Art. Talks about how RV works, the nature of time (note: quoting without ref McMoneagle here*), the Soviet Union and psi, the development of CRV in the USA and military history, aliens, genetic engineering, Mars, Martians past and their present refugees on Earth, Greys and their history and technology, sub-space entities, life after death, The Monroe Institute, his book COSMIC VOYAGE, training he offers at The Farsight Institute, the spiritual issues of RV, the confusion of military Viewers in this area, why his publishers made him found The Farsight Institute or they wouldn't publish his book, why he is like John Mack, how he knows his data is 100% correct, using RV for technology espionage, being tasked against President Clinton, the current status of RV and the military, the hacking of the CRV Home Page, an infamous Russian-woman-RV-Spy legend, targets he's done or given students, how his SRV differs from other methodologies, the future barren earth and people living in underground bunkers, the furthur future Eden, the Soviet Phobos probe destroyed by Martians, the end of secrets, how RV scientifically proves the soul, the Galactic Federation, Jesus, Roswell, Emory University -- Whew! Art barely got a commercial or word in edgewise.

* Dr. Brown disputes this. Given circumstances I will not recount for the sake of good relations and politics, I maintain my opinion.

www.firedocs.com...

edit on 12-2-2014 by RedCairo because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2014 by RedCairo because: oops messed up date

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   

taoistguy

Rosha

taoistguy

Rosha
... this Feb - Marc h is thrumming itself out there in the aether as a time for some heightened earth based activity.

Ro

edit on 11-2-2014 by Rosha because: typo

typical of prediction threads, it starts off for early feb, then suddenly the goalposts change an now it's into march.

Take my words out of context much? pfft!
I was speaking for my own self and my own recent experiences, not on behalf of someone else's stream. I was also speaking of geologically based events, where this person, clearly isn't....so please take your self righteous right back to your happy place and live with it there..thanks.

Ro

edit on 11-2-2014 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

if i was wrong in the interpretation of your post, you could have explained without being so aggressive. is this how you normally behave?

To bad attempts at patronization yes, quite often. Its not only rude, it actively insults. If you are expecting people to lay down and curl up when you insult them , it is not my issue to deal with.

I am incredibly geo-sensitve. Its not some out there whooptydo psuedoscientific spoon bending pheneomoenon of deception. It is a natural but very different electromagnetic tuning fork that exists in me I cant help exists as it does. I also RV and experience OBEs as result of this different tuning fork. Again not self chosen, it is just there. For years now though, in trying to engage and discuss, to learn and gain understanding, I have been instead compelled to shut my mouth while people with the arrogance and ego you displayed here in your post to me, have derided, scorned, scoffed, laughed, pointed fingers and rolled their eyes about things they have zero understanding of.

I do not know know the man this op speaks of and dont need know his laundry to use my own brain and do my own research, to listen, or respond to a post. I also dont have an ego as large as you seem to posses, nor the apparent telepathy you do, that gives me the right to assume to know his mind, his heart or his intentions let alone his psychical and physical experiences on this planet. All I do know is that the last time I assumed I did have those skills and insights and exercised them, I learned the hard and fast way, what self righteousness is, to call it when I see it.

So yes, I am sick and tired of half concealed derision and snide commentary about this topic from you and others and yes, I have chosen right now to smak back rather than continue to get surfed here or anywhere so you maybe cop more than your share but right now, its case of 'if you don't like it? Leave'. Not my problem. Adjust your expectations perhaps.
Perhaps you could also consider it a natural evolutionary response to those who would self claim demigod-hood and pontificate without investigation about matters in which they clearly are devoid of actual experience and so, any real comprehension.

This is a predictions and prophecies forum so I suggest if you do not enjoy or have no actual interest in the topic matter outside of trolling it as you are, just go elsewhere, and take your friends. I haven't even begun to be aggressive and your snide remarks are crass and your reasoning, just immature. Just because something is not in your skill set or does not occur in your reality, does not automatically nullify the experiences of others. Grow up.

Ro
edit on 12-2-2014 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Phage
reply to post by taoistguy

Some people think humans are intelligent just because some act that way.

Not to be taken personally, in any manner, please.

edit on 2/11/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

A skeptical mind is a beautiful thing, however real skepticism and intelligence opens doors it doesn't close them.

>snipped as irrelevant

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

No insult intended here, just forewarning.

Ok.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Hi all

I got an email from the Farsight Institute this morning regarding an update to the 5th Implications Posting.

Rev

Hi Everyone,
I need to make a correction in the previous email with Implications Posting #5. The corrected version is below. But also, remember that with the upcoming February announcement, we are not talking about any kind of Earth changes, presidential revelation, pole shift, ET landing, second coming, end of the world, or anything like that. This is much bigger in its own way. It is just an announcement and the release of information, but information changes worlds more profoundly than anything else. Some will disagree and laugh at it. Some will marvel. But in time, history will show that our civilization changed its direction on the date of the announcement. You will read about it here, and elsewhere.

Also, remember that this Implications Postings are only to encourage a broad discussion of all possible aspects that may be related to the announcement. Some will not see the connection, but others may, and these postings will help encourage a dialogue. No one is right or wrong with this. We are just encouraging the broadest possible discussion.
Warmly,
Courtney Brown, Ph.D.,
Director The Farsight Institute

~~~~ Implications Posting #5:

If Earth was once run as a “prison planet” in ancient times, then that would imply that many humans living on Earth experienced something elsewhere—perhaps far away—that resulted in them either fleeing to Earth, or being expelled to Earth. Prison authorities would likely attempt to engage the prison population in activities and belief systems that would sap their energies and suppress their memories of who they are and where they came from. Such activities and beliefs would also prevent a revolt, and subsequent demands for restitution, reparations, and justice. This assumes that memory across separate timelines is normally possible in the previous environment.

Notes: 1. This is one of a series of “Implications Postings” that refer to an announcement that will be made during the month of February 2014. Once made, news of this announcement will be available at www.farsight.org and elsewhere. 2. These postings are designed to encourage broad public discussion of the February 2014 announcement. They do not directly address the specific content of the announcement.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by revmoofoo

I could swear I read this a couple of days ago too - right on here - so I am not sure what that's about. This implication makes it sound like we are all either bad - cast to earth as a punishment or we are rebels - escaping to be free (yet according to this we are not free). Sounds biblical.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

Again, my response hardly warrants such vitriol against me. i apologise for your sensitivity and ability to deal with it maturely and transform and channel it appropriately.

edit on 12-2-2014 by taoistguy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join