It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Courtney Brown predicts a "world-changing event" in Feb 2014

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Okay team ATS, full disclosure, I don't know anything much about this guy. I know that he is associated with remote viewing. For one, I was hoping we could vet his credentials and history of predictions like this.

He is assuming that a controversial (not everyone will see it the same way) event will define human history next month. He says it is planned and assured. Here is his quote exactly:

"Something important is going to happen sometime next month, February 2014. Nothing can stop it now. There will be an announcement, and the world will change on the date of that announcement. Part of that announcement will happen on this Facebook page, right here. In the beginning, only a few will understand the significance of the announcement, and what it means for all of humanity currently living on this planet. Some will laugh, and some will cry. But in time, the world will come to know that life on Earth changed significantly on that day in February 2014. A mystery that has confused our civilization for thousands of years will find an answer. And from that answer, a new direction for the future growth of our species will arise." - Courtney Brown

I find the comments interesting, but not substantiated yet. Any input on this guy?

www.transients.info...Source

edit on 31-1-2014 by Jchristopher5 because: Added link

edit on 31-1-2014 by Jchristopher5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2014 by Jchristopher5 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Jchristopher5

Oy vey....

Ummm, yes, he's a remote viewer and has 'teams' of RV'ers working with him; he did a bit a while ago where he told them to remote view a time and place that was secret to the RV'ers but it turned out it was supposed to be Christ's crucifixion. He decided from the 'evidence' they returned with that Christ hadn't been crucified at all, that a mentally ill patsy had in actuality been crucified in his place, and that Jesus went on to live out his life elsewhere.

So, your mileage may vary on this current prediction.

It'd be real nifty neato if he would specify the nature of the earth-changing event, whether it was going to be positive or negative, and the date if possible.

If you listen to his videos, they're very heavy on gosh-golly-gee-whiz type discussions and very light on actual content.

Given what's happening in the economic markets, a big happening in the next few weeks is somewhat assured and I'm sure it would leave some crying and some laughing...

Edited to add that although I think some RV'ers from the old Stanford Research days are quite talented, I don't feel Courtney is; he seems to start with a predetermined idea and then interprets the content of the RVing to match.
edit on 211041pmFridayf10Fri, 31 Jan 2014 16:10:21 -0600America/Chicago by signalfire because: addendum

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Jchristopher5

Sounds like the announcement of finding life off planet earth to me.

The some will laugh some will cry.

A mystery that has confused our civilization for thousands of years will find an answer.

Either other life forms or religion I would think.

I like the ones where we don't have to wait long, just around 30 days to go!
edit on 31-1-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I'm up for a world-changing event, and if something is going to happen, now would be the time it seems.

Can you post a link to your source? Never heard of the guy.

Courtney Brown, Ph.D., founded The Farsight Institute as a research and educational organization in 1995. He is Director for this unique nonprofit educational organization. Dr. Brown has never received any financial compensation for his work at the Institute.

Dr. Brown's primary research interest at the Institute is in the new field of "sociophysics," a science that integrates the areas of mathematics, social science, and physics with the study of consciousness. Some of his research bears directly on issues addressing quantum mechanics and cosmology. As a social scientist, Dr. Brown has long held a substantive and mathematical interest in nonlinear interdependencies in human affairs. His research into the realm of consciousness has added to his appreciation of the depth of humanity's state of interdependency with all of the universe, and it has helped him to recognize the truthfulness of Donne's maxim, "No man is an island, entire of itself."

source

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
"World-changing event" "some will laugh and some will cry"

Call me Captain Obvious, but the Olympics fit that description.

+26 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
You would think he could remote view the lottery numbers and stop scamming people.

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Looks like he's trying to drum up more interest in his Facebook page.

Am I the only one who is thoroughly annoyed by ''I've got a secret, and I'm not going to tell you, but I'm going to dribble out the information a little bit every day on my schedule, and it will be really, really earth-changing, but some people won't realize it, only you the chosen ones will 'get' it."

Arrrgggh. Either make the dam announcement or just wait and let everyone find out for themselves. He says it's not aliens and it's not 'earth changes' and it's not destructive and it will solve a vexing question humans have had forever.

Okay, can't wait.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Deleting my original response.

Sorry, the link is the same. I suck at multi-tasking today.

edit on 31-1-2014 by raedar because: repeated info

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Not sure if this is the same guy, but a few years back saw a story of a man that claimed he could use a form of mathematics concerned with probability on events collected on the internet as a whole to make a conclusion a future event. The only thing I located on him recently was a study using nonlinear mathematics in social scientific research. I know very little about him or if hes even the same guy. I thing for sure If he goes around bashing Jesus like someone described a couple threads ago I wouldnt trust his outcome anyway. I stay away from threads where people pop in and start punching in one humans sacred beleifs. It destroys a thread quick. Im not just defending Christians either . Bashing a religion is just as offensive as race bashing.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Oh goody

We won't have long to wait for this one. The whole 2012 thing was a wash. I love short term predictions although I would have given myself a bit more time for the movie rights if I were him.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The way the sheeple of the planet are, maybe Justin Beiber being deported? That would indeed be a world changing event. Cries and laughs...
Firepiston

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Well if the universe is just my projected consciousness, then maybe it's people I know finally seeing through my eyes. Tears of sadness, laughter of spite. Or me getting a big break in my music career. Tears of joy, laughter...

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

only a few will understand the significance of the announcement, and what it means for all of humanity currently living on this planet. Some will laugh, and some will cry.

Seriously..? You could not make a more general statement that could describe any action anywhere in the world if you tried!

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Thus, the perfect prediction.
Make it as subjective and ambiguous as possible.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
We should have an ATS tournament on who guesses Mr. Browns prediction correctly.

My guess is that the real intelligent species on Earth are Dogs.
edit on 31-1-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

I totally agree with you signalfire.

Sounds nothing more than promoting his facebook page.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
A one world religion will be imposed on everyone.

link   
reply to post by Phage

Yeah i really cant see myself getting good odds on a prediction like that at the bookmakers.

link   
reply to post by randyvs

That would be bad.
Now, if it were a one word religion...

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

olaru12

My guess is that the real intelligent species on Earth are Dogs.

They supposedly do have a collective consciousness of sorts

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join