It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Courtney Brown predicts a "world-changing event" in Feb 2014

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
What is wrong with this guys goal of getting people to discuss something that leads to more awareness? If his aim is to get more people interested, and that awareness can lead them back to a new way of viewing these implications - that people can be sheep by nature, can't this be seen as positive?

I really don't see why he is either right or wrong. He wants people to think. Perhaps he hopes people will learn his skill and snap out of it. Maybe there is more of a cognitive process than just seeing into the future - something he can't put words to. When you open one part of the mind it can easily have side effects - understanding things from a whole new perspective maybe.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

I don't feel directly addressed (and probaby aren't), but I can give you my opinion: absolutely nothing is wrong with his intention, IF indeed his intention is to "make people think" and so on.
I think what irritates many people - it certainly tends to irritate me - is the high drama built around whatever his "announcement" is about. (I explained what I think it is about on the previous page.)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Guys, I think I know what Courtney Brown's claimed announcement would be. Read below for the points, based on my guesses.

1. The announcement won't be made by any member of the Farsight Institute. It might be made by people working with official government agencies, such as NASA.

2. The announcement will be about the discovery of intelligent life outside of Earth. An example of such an announcement would be "Ruins of an ancient technological civilization discovered on Mars". This announcement might be followed by the genetic connections of said civilization with our genetics.

3. The announcement might also include covert contact between ETs and historical Earth figures in the past, like Chinese Emperor Shih Huang Di and others.

Such an announcement would be mind-blowing, as it proves ET intervention in our ancient history. So I think this is what Courtney's announcement would be.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Menedes567

I still think it's all spelled out in the "letter from the Director" on their website.

All the "implication posts", or whatever they are called, are there just to build up drama, which is really unnecessary, in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AdAstra

So, how would you react if it is an announcement about the discovery of an intelligent Extraterrestial civilization? Would you be shocked, or happy? As for me, I would be euphoric, since I've waited for years for ET disclosure to happen.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   

AdAstra
reply to post by Jchristopher5

IF, and it's a big "if", there is anything at all to this "announcement" (I doubt it), then I'd say it's already spelled out on the website of the Farsight Institute, in the "important letter from the Director":

We need to conduct a major demonstration of remote viewing while the is world watching. To do this, we are trying to encourage a small group of prominent mainstream scientists and other leaders to acknowledge that remote viewing is a real phenomenon that deserves serious study. Once this happens, we will immediately organize a major demonstration of remote viewing that will rivet the world. That will change everything, literally everything...from what is taught to kids in school to how science describes physical reality, the histories of our solar system and our planet, and possibly even the existence of extraterrestrial life. Our world will no longer be the same; we will collectively experience the greatest revolution in thought the world has ever seen.

It ticks all the boxes.
They are foreseeing that, in February, some "prominent mainstream scientists" will agree to make such a statement.

edit on 9-2-2014 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-2-2014 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

I like the way you think! Have a star.

Rev

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Ooo, I like your version of the future. Nice and neat.

Rev

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Personally I certainly wouldn't be shocked - nor would I be particularly happy (or unhappy).
Certainly it would be a "sensation", especially media-wise, and that alone would be interesting to observe.
But ultimately the question would arise.... "so what?"

IF there is perceivably (to us) intelligent extraterrestrial life - I find it highly possible - and IF its representatives have been visiting the Earth - again, I find it highly possible (just "possible", not a foregone conclusion) - that is interesting, of course, but I don't see how it would impact life in general, beyond the initial "sensation".
We would still have all of our existential questions, both philosophical and pratical.
(Unless one subscribes to the idea that "aliens" are somehow ruling this planet - which I don't.)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   

He will be 100% right this time. Why? He will wait until February is over, pick out an event that fits his 'could be anything' prediction, then sat "See! I was right!"

Well no, not really. He defined the terms: it has to be "world changing", and it has to be something that has baffled humanity "for centuries" (or was it millenia?).
So, if anything, I think the odds for his announcement - IF it comes- to be perceived as successful or "right" are closer to nil. Because, unless it is something HUGE, in that it is relevant to ALL humanity (which I doubt very much), it is going to be perceived as a flop or as a letdown. And that includes my personal suspicion that it has to do with remote viewing, as per their website. Heck, even "disclosure" of extraterrestrial life could be seen as less than "world changing", if you think about it.
(Because it wouldn't really change anything of consequence to our main existential concerns.)

edit on 10-2-2014 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

2. The announcement will be about the discovery of intelligent life outside of Earth. An example of such an announcement would be "Ruins of an ancient technological civilization discovered on Mars". This announcement might be followed by the genetic connections of said civilization with our genetics.

Not sure how they would connect our genetics with anything found on Mars.
There would have to be a DNA lab on one of the rovers... if they found any remains that contained viable DNA to test.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Here are some recent postings from Dr. Brown. Hopefully we will have a date to wait for soon. The next implication should come out at midnight tonight.

Update: I should have an exact date of the announcement soon, possibly as early as tomorrow. To be clear, the announcement will not happen tomorrow. It is just that I may know when the announcement will happen by tomorrow.

Also, for those of you who are not yet signed up for the Farsight Newsletter, now is a good time to do that. A lot of information will be distributed via the Newsletter. It is free.

www.farsight.org...

Not sure if it is just me, but the website isn't working for the newsletter. I'm going to try again later.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by tport17

I was able to sign up for the news letter a few minutes ago.

Rev

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
i'm not holding my breath.
don't gear yourselves up for a disappointment.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I went off to do a bit of researching; the small amount I've done on Courtney Brown has been trying to read his book about how to RV (almost unreadable, but good for naps) and watching a few of his interviews with Project Camelot and others which induce the same mental fatigue without any real insights.

But, I found this response to some of his older predictions by Paul LaViolette which some of you might find intriguing:

Paul Laviolette site

In a recent post on this forum we were concerned as to the remote viewing prediction made by the Farsight Institute in 2008 which suggested that there would be significant destruction to coastal areas by June 1st of this year. I had warned that the Starburst Foundation did not necessarily endorse the prediction, that it was only reporting on it. The concern was because its June 1st after-event remote viewing date came so close to the July 2013 date publicized in Nature magazine as the time when the G2 cloud would make its closest approach to the Galactic center. However, this date has recently been revised to a later date of around March 2014.

LaViolette is the scientist who has been predicting a galactic superwave event and it would appear from this that it's imminent (whatever that means).

There's more at the link discussing a remote viewer's prediction of what appears to be an incoming meteor (over Florida) that distinctly coincides with the Russian event last year including descriptions of non English speaking 'Slavic' accents shouting and reacting.

It's an interesting read if you have the time.

edit on 013412pmMondayf34Mon, 10 Feb 2014 13:34:01 -0600America/Chicago by signalfire because: clarification

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

butcherguy

Not sure how they would connect our genetics with anything found on Mars.
There would have to be a DNA lab on one of the rovers... if they found any remains that contained viable DNA to test.

Of course if they found engravings that used a known ancient language from earth that would do it.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

I think we will have a Live Event Disclosure.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Hello all

Here's the next Implications posting. I can't get the image to embed for some reason.

Rev

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
There is always some new info coming up and highly possible that some "event" might happen this month, yet the "world" has absolutely no idea about it, so im skeptical about the "world changing" part, rather than actually something happening.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Jchristopher5

Hmmm

I am a person who occasionally hear and sees stuff and even I think its vague.
That said, mid to end of Feb is jumping out right now and a few of my friends also feel it. All I've been getting is stuff about the Oklahoma-Arkansaw area, LA basin and some issue going on in Japan...hmm..under Japan is more precise.
I saw this today:
5.3 NEAR S. COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
5.0 OFF EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
5.0 OFF EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
5.1 OFF EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
5.1 BONIN ISLANDS, JAPAN REGION

Seeing these today made me pause to wonder if they aren't fore shocks backing up what I see happening there....but its not predictive...just watching checking for any correlations. I used to laugh and pew pew predictions too until I started hearing stuff...it totally floors you..esp when you are an agnostic scientifically minded academic. I still don't buy into the fluff of it all but some times peoples words do stand out and ring bells and I dont know him but this guys warning..well..it rings a few bells, it is a very 'layered' fragment and this also piques interest . Whatever it is or isn't, does or doesn't, energetically speaking this Feb - Marc h is thrumming itself out there in the aether as a time for some heightened earth based activity.

Ro

edit on 11-2-2014 by Rosha because: typo

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join