It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Courtney Brown predicts a "world-changing event" in Feb 2014

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

curiouswa
I also believe in multiple timelines, but what was odd was his absolute refusal to discuss his remote viewing study that predicted this would happen.

Well, he doesn't talk about his projects in a "serious discussion" sense even before their outcome. Not to be confused with hype and all that of course, I'm talking about 'real' conversation. He takes being a PhD so over-seriously he will not deign to have an intelligent discussion online about projects, e.g. regarding the protocol or logic for them.

Even if one shares a belief system (I do, for the multiple probabilities concept, as you mentioned), if the logic for how a given protocol would "prove" this makes no sense at all, it's not going to get any back&forth even at the time, let alone after something doesn't pan out as planned.

Because he is so messianic-paranoic, he not only thinks he's the sole source of authority on everything, he also thinks that any questioning or debating is essentially assault upon him (martyr), as opposed to someone bothering to take him seriously enough to engage (which really... never mind). He's really just a few bricks shy, as my mason step-grandfather used to say.

The whole concept mentioned earlier of "if this is wrong RV doesn't work" is ludicrous. That's like saying, "If I can't make the ball in the hoop, then basketball is impossible." Maybe the person playing just sucks at it. Maybe the person promoting is just talking **** they never should have because it can't be backed up. Blaming the entirety of a whole field of endeavor and every person in it if HE doesn't succeed is ridiculous. It's that messiah/martyr complex again.

Basically the RV/psi field, in addition to intentional disinformation, and unintentional disinformation borne of previous cult indoctrination of some key players, is fairly rife with borderline personalities, as psi stuff has been since the dawn of time.

The nice thing about remote viewing -- the real remote viewing, not whatever bogus BS everyone and their brother wants to call that (really, a better less 'plain english' term should have been designated, sigh) -- was that it rescued psi from exactly all that junk and brought it into the logical, measurable, practical-usage territory. The basics of an RV science protocol are designed to exclude "everything that isn't psi" -- except human psychology of the viewer which it can do nothing about of course.

Had anything even close to, even within telescope distance, of actual protocol been followed in all kinds of very public projects over the last two decades, RV wouldn't be the joke it's become thanks to late night radio and people like Dames and Brown. Don't even start me on Hale-Bopp...

The irony is this stuff was even worse in 1996 and onward, replete with all kinds of predictions that never came true and utterly ridiculous things that should have made it clear people were just making claims to something and were total posers, but it doesn't matter, because the public doesn't know, or a new crop of public doesn't know.

"...we can't make mistakes, we're under a lot of scrutiny, and for instance, we came public, for German Public Television, and said we're going to find Mozart's grave. If we can't deliver the goods, I'm finished. ...When we give something to a client, we're stating that what we provide the client is close to 100% accurate."
-- Ed Dames, March 2, 1992 at the TREAT Conference (who, um, never found Mozart's grave)

I will leave out all the prior public claims of Dames, they are endless. Brown (who was joined at the hip to him for about a year prior to his own public debut as RV's new self-volunteered representative) has his own, but with exceptions he is rarely so specific, as this thread's example shows. (He has different reasons for what he says/does, is why. He is not trying to do anything bad. He is merely trying to continue his intriguingly subjective reality... he is not actually trying to destroy RV, which Ed technically is, Brown's just too off-center to realize he's doing so unintentionally.)

It's unfortunate because viewing is a really interesting topic at least to me, but the amount of effort to de-indoctrinate people from the BS others spread about it and teach or claim in the name of it requires more people-funding-energy than anybody serious about the art has got.

Day 13. I've been trying to think of anything that could be 'announced' that is going to be something so NEW, something so shocking, it could qualify for even half his hyperbole, but I haven't come up with it yet. But since he's been absolutely obsessed with the Martians-in-hiding for 18 years now I'm thinking maybe it relates.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by RedCairo

Thanks for sharing your insight RedCairo. I heard of remote viewing on the late night talk shows and find it fascinating, but haven't spent time researching it aside from that. So I've only heard Ed Dames and Courtney Brown.

It's good to see with a wider perspective.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I'm of the impression this guy has foreseen an announcement via the media, which will be connected to our understanding of aliens. I don't check his site and I don't really care too much about his craft. I'm sure remote viewing, like astral travel is a real phenomenon. Whether he has gone off the deep end appears to be up for interpretation.

It will still be interesting to see if this announcement somehow provides some evidence of intelligent life elsewhere. If it does - I'll be the first to return to these implications to contemplate them. If there is an announcement of more conjecture - it will just be more of the same. I hope for the sake of progress and his aims we can get some substantiation of intelligent life. That's why I keep checking in here. Keeping fingers crossed.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Here is Dr. Brown's latest posting:

For those of you who are wondering if I am simply "leading you on" with endless Implications Postings, that is not the case. This is not a tease. A lot is going on behind the scenes, and everything is being timed correctly. This cannot happen faster. Each one of the Implications Postings will make sense once the announcement is made, and most will be glad that they sat through all of them. People will need these postings to fully understand the implications of the announcement. Once the announcement happens, there will be a lot of "noise," and it will be too late to calmly reflect on the implications.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

It better be good or we should beat him like a red headed step child.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by tport17

It better be good or we should beat him like a red headed step child.

You know we red heads resent that saying!

Sounds like it will not be a straight forward thing we will not just 'get it" we will have to think about and mull it over before we even understand what was said.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

I was a redhead until the age of 5 and my three ex wives were redheads, I love the redheads but I really think these people who make these predictions should be held accountable when they are either wrong or making it all up.
I reckon this guy is just going to say something with no proof just to sell a book.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by tport17

It sounds like he is hearing a lot of nay saying about this. What he has failed to realize is people are skeptical and their anticipations differ. Most want a ground braking revelation and he is probably seeing a more drawn out thing - one announcement will lead to the next but the initial announcement will be what history remembers - where it all started. He has said this - it won't be anything earth shattering but rather a piece of history that one can witness without hindsight. So I for one am not expecting anything exciting. Still interested though. A curious mind. Information can be held onto or discarded. Even though I don't know about his talent I am not quick to discard things simply because they don't fit my schema. Hopefully we all gain something from it - and it makes sense.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Dianec
It sounds like he is hearing a lot of nay saying about this.

Or he is simply hearing conversation which, like any bio-feedback, reflects his input. :-)

What he has failed to realize is people are skeptical and their anticipations differ.

Several people on this thread are pretty woo themselves. The response to how he presents things is not always because one is skeptical (meaning 'scoffing' in this context) but sometimes more about the presentation. Anticipations are set by presentation.

Most want a ground braking revelation and he is probably seeing a more drawn out thing - one announcement will lead to the next but the initial announcement will be what history remembers - where it all started.

It's an interesting idea, I agree, but if it's that low-key and will take that long to pan out as evidently important, he's putting an immense amount of hype into something and then wondering why people expect it to 'live up to the hype.' Had he merely mentioned in passing in some article this idea it would be one thing, but that's not how he's presented it.

Even though I don't know about his talent I am not quick to discard things simply because they don't fit my schema. Hopefully we all gain something from it - and it makes sense.

I am not sure what his talent (in any given thing) would have to do with this, unless the idea is that it's his own psychic prediction.

From the sounds of it, the degree of hype he's put in won't make sense until some indefinite point in the future.

But I like the idea of new ideas, new discoveries, new probabilities in our world. I still kinda feel like "looking for this" in February might be as much an act-of-creation as anything, but I suppose there is nothing wrong with that. In a perfect world, either way it's a good or at least interesting thing.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
almost halfway through the month. why hasn't this yahoo told us all about his big secret? 1) its some kind of stunt for a book promo. 2) he's a wack job that thinks scientology is real. or 3) (my personal favorite) He's really just a whack job.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by Char-Lee

I was a redhead until the age of 5 and my three ex wives were redheads, I love the redheads but I really think these people who make these predictions should be held accountable when they are either wrong or making it all up.
I reckon this guy is just going to say something with no proof just to sell a book.

Hoping you're wrong but thinking your right!

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
This person may have nailed it. Check out his hypothesis. It's worth a read if the anticipation is getting to you.

Here's a snippet followed by a link to the full hypothesis. Apologies if this is already posted in this thread. I don't think it is.

Looking back at Courtney Brown's initial announcement in relation to this upcoming announcement, he actually said, and I quote, 'Part of that announcement will happen on this Facebook page, right here'.

I think this is really important to understand. What this means is that there is another part of the announcement being made elsewhere and that Courtney Brown is personally involved with the actual announcement, as part of it is going to be published by him.

I believe Courtney Brown may simply be referring to the acknowledgement from an authoritarian scientific and possibly government source, that Remote Viewing is now a credible and scientific proven technique.

This may be what the upcoming announcement is going to be based upon.

Why?

In early 2013 Courtney Brown, who is the director of the Farsight Institute, a remote viewing based organisation, posted a number of articles and videos which goes towards the premise of how critical and crucial it is for remote viewing to be recognised by mainstream science.

Courtney brown said the following within one of his facebook status updates recently, "None of the Implications Postings will be directly addressed in the February announcement, but the public is being encouraged to "connect the dots" on their own, thereby widening the effective scope of the announcement's content." And additionally, "The announcement will be huge, but the Implication Postings are not directly part of the announcement. They will be ideas that can be implied by the general essence of the announcement."

The key words are in bold. In other words, he is saying that the scope of the announcement is large and that his Implication Postings are part of the general essence of the announcement. I believe he may simply be going over a number of previously performed remote viewing studies/projects and releasing some of the results of those within these implication postings.

Link to full article

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

raedar
which goes towards the premise of how critical and crucial it is for remote viewing to be recognised by mainstream science.

Well, for it to be recognised by mainstream science it would have to actually work, and no one has been able to show that!

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

hellobruce

raedar
which goes towards the premise of how critical and crucial it is for remote viewing to be recognised by mainstream science.

Well, for it to be recognised by mainstream science it would have to actually work, and no one has been able to show that!

Hmm well it has been proven that a Conscious eyeball collapses a light wave into a single photon vis the slit experiment ....

Consciousness actualizes quantum potentials into definitive objectivity ....

Consciousness is a Quantum phenomenon ...

The Quantum Universe is an Uber-Dimension that connects all things in a dynamic fashion.

Remote Viewing is merely accessing the WaveForm information from the Quantum Universe ... that Information may or may not be actualized .... it may exist as Potential in the Quantum Universe or as " Reality " here in the Physical Universe.

It is easier to View the past and the present because they have been actualized .... the future becomes more unpredictable and unview-able the further forward you go .... until all that can be viewed are Potentials.

We are both Physical and Wave-Form beings and can therefor access both realities.

C..

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I believe Courtney Brown may simply be referring to the acknowledgement from an authoritarian scientific and possibly government source, that Remote Viewing is now a credible and scientific proven technique.

Remote viewing is plenty credible and scientific; it is in fact defined by science as a protocol (though the protocol, like all of science, has evolved and improved over time). However, so are plenty of other areas or specifics of research which are not accepted by the "mainstream." The establishment (particularly when influenced by pharmaceutical interests, but not only that) is notoriously 'entrenched' in its views, to the point it can take 20 years of research and a scientist poisoning himself just to get someone to even take seriously a virus. Never mind 'psi.'

As for government sources, every alphabet soup agency in our country paid money -- most repeatedly and for years -- for the work of the former viewer projects. If voting with your wallet and on repeat order is what counts I'd say that's recommendation. Any work being done now is surely clandestine. The CIA got ownership of the project after nearly 20 years of pleading for it, by which time they didn't want it anymore, some for good reason but most related to the fact it wasn't a secret anymore and was a hot potato, and they got the program just as they had a major budget cut. It came with funding and personnel slots. It took them three months to 'wrap up' a laughable 'review' that let them say what they wanted, close it down publicly, take the personnel and funding for themselves and that was that. They made the projects and its latter-day people and their training the world in 'what' and 'how' to view very public on purpose. I never get why that doesn't make people wonder.

As for the official 'mainstream' or 'government' they are not going to offer credibility to any form of psi, not now and not in the immediate future. Far too many indicators that support that.

In early 2013 Courtney Brown, who is the director of the Farsight Institute, a remote viewing based organisation, posted a number of articles and videos which goes towards the premise of how critical and crucial it is for remote viewing to be recognised by mainstream science.

The irony of him going on about that is almost unbearable.

I agree RV needs to be taken seriously. But people like Brown going on about how scientific they are, and how they represent remote viewing, while they utterly demolish all shred of science protocol, and show up on late night radio and social media ranting about [insert one mind-bogglingly-unscientific assumption here] are certainly not helping that cause.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
"Why is Star Wars the most lucrative film and merchandising franchise on Earth? 1) Dumb luck. 2) Something in it resonates with humanity's subconscious collective memory."

Are those the only two choices? And besides, I much prefer Star Trek: The Next Generation.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
New update from Dr. Brown. Guess we get to wait a while longer

UPDATE ON THE DATE OF THE ANNOUNCEMENT

What I need now is some sleep. I have been on the phone all night with people in the U.K., India, South Africa, and elsewhere, all involved with the upcoming announcement. From the very beginning, the anticipated date of the announcement was 28 February 2014. But there were some uncertainties due to the international nature of the issues involved, so we held off releasing the date. It was wise we did that. Nothing can stop the announcement, but the date involved a lot of coordination with various parties. The problem has been further exacerbated due to the fact that the announcement involves a location which at the present time is not entirely stable politically. Also, shipping of critical materials was involved, and one shipment turned out to have been corrupted, apparently while in transit. This is now being addressed.

After lots of discussion with people all over the world who are involved one way or another, we are now expecting the announcement to happen in mid-March, about two weeks later than originally anticipated. Again, nothing can stop the announcement. But this announcement can happen only once, and it has to be done correctly. Given the amount of coordination involved, mid-March 2014 seems to be optimal.

For those of you worried about people being cynical due to a short delay in the announcement, just don’t worry about it. All of that will go away once the announcement happens, and nothing can stop that from occurring. This short delay is not significant relative to the importance of the announcement. Getting it right is more important than anything else. The world really will change on that date. The change will happen slowly, but it will begin on that date, and nothing will be the same afterward.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by tport17

That son of a.........

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

TiedDestructor
reply to post by tport17

That son of a.........

Yeah, no kidding! YAWN!

And what the heck could be getting shipped?

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join