It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IF jesus returned, how would we know it was him?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Paying attention will be the best way to tell. Jesus would not demand you bow before him. Or declare himself God. And actually the second one back is most likely Jesus. the first one back claiming it will most likely be the deceiver.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

yuppa
Paying attention will be the best way to tell. Jesus would not demand you bow before him. Or declare himself God.

Knowing that is what you're looking for, don't you think The Deceiver would be smart enough not to do that? Come on. Stop thinking of these people as if you're smarter than they are. They are smarter than you!

You'll be one of the first ones deceived, I just know it. Sorry.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

I dunno, in either case, I'd probably be a little leery about trusting either side. One side demands your absolute subjugation and worship, the other side wants you to burn forever. Both sides sound evil to me.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Krazysh0t
reply to post by Blue Shift

I dunno, in either case, I'd probably be a little leery about trusting either side. One side demands your absolute subjugation and worship, the other side wants you to burn forever. Both sides sound evil to me.

But which side wants what? I guess we'll find out when we're dead, huh?

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I'm reminded of the Grand Inquisitor parable of Dostoevsky. He would perform miracles, but upon learning this, the church would condemn him to death rather than give up what the church has become.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

CaptainBeno
reply to post by BELIEVERpriest

Ummmmmmmmmmmm...................

No

ummmmmmmmmmm.................

yes!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I have read that forms of him would be seen throughout the land, whatever that means.

edit on JanX61000 by MX61000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Itisnowagain

Stormdancer777
"Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;"

The day will not come because it is already here. Except the person you think you are must fall away before Christ will be known.
The man of sin is the individual - there is really only God/Christ.

Hey Bro, i havent said hello in a 'while'. I really do enjoy what you have to say and would love it if you can continue sharing your thoughts.
For me there is no such thing as "sin" becasue it is whatever the individual feels ashamed or guilty of.
If someone murders/destroys someone or something with the intent for self gain and prosperity either for themselves or something external then that would create the beliefe of sin. The past DOES not exists so let it go and move forward.
Tomorrow is a new day so accept the life we ALL choose and take FULL responsability individually.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
i am starting to think i could be the messiah every time some one i know see's me they say O JESUS

jesus turned water into wine i turn burbon into piss

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

999zxcv
i am starting to think i could be the messiah every time some one i know see's me they say O JESUS

HAHAHA
You are an 'alchemist' in the very sense

I turn Macdonalds into pimples on my butt lol

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Why do we all want saving? Grow a pair and man up.

The responsibility is ours and ours alone and it is not very adult to want someone to come in and make things alright again after we have messed up big time. It could be aliens for some and a messiah for others, but many people just want to play the weak, defenceless, and poor little kid.

But... thats just how it is for some groups. They have to think of themselves as powerless and as little children to a big protective brother. Realise that if God made you, then he would have given you the power to deal with the problems you are going to face, he would not have made you fully dependent on him all the time. Thats a control method which supreme beings do not use.
sheesh!

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

TheDualityExperience

999zxcv

HAHAHA

i have been called a lot worse while doing my great work

2nd

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

999zxcv

TheDualityExperience

999zxcv

HAHAHA

i have been called a lot worse while doing my great work

2nd

Well as far as i know which is farkall, your work is top shelf. Do not stop now

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDualityExperience

edit on 29-1-2014 by TheDualityExperience because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
It depends on how He comes, no?

He's ridden into Jerusalem on a Donkey. Supposedly, next time he's coming from the clouds. And then not long after that is supposedly the judgement. Kind of hard to ignore that trial date.

Now, if God was coming to Earth, trying to hide himself? We'd notice Him about as well as last time, if He's vocal about His presence, otherwise, He'd be just another human.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
People forget when Jesus first came to the earth his destiny was death, he could have called on several legions of angels to decimate all his enemies, and they would have come to his aid, all he had to do is ask, but he didn't.

This time he will be an immortal spirit creature, he can't die, and he will command those same angels to decimate those that oppose his incoming messianic government.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BELIEVERpriest

By the sign of the Son of Man.

1. The sun will turn black.

2. The moon will be blood red.

3. The entire earth will shake at once.

4. The sky will roll up like a scroll.

5. Meteors will fall from the sky.

6. Jesus will be seen riding a white horse in the sky.

7. His heavenly hosts will follow with Him.

These are all pretty specific.
1 thru 5 are descriptions of what Judgment Day would look like.
(including literally the stars falling, and not just a meteorite shower)
That comes from the Old Testament, and Revelation brings up the imagery to show how awful a full blown judgment day would be, so that the souls of those under the altar crying out for vengeance will be persuaded to keep quiet so that more people will have time to be saved.
So it isn't really saying that those things are going to happen, since those are reserved for a hypothetical end of the universe, rather than for a merely local event for the sake of a single planet.

Items number 6 & 7 refer to a heavenly portent that stands for the victory of God's will on earth that truth will win out in the end.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by stormbringer1701

also Christ says in the olivet sermon that he will not return until the desolator stands where he ought not. The antichrist is an imposter of Christ. in Greek anti has the meaning of instead of. He will come claiming to be Christ. performing miracles. claiming to bring peace.
It wasn't a sermon so much as a private conversation with the closest disciples.
What Jesus was talking about was the end of the temple cult with the destruction of the structure itself, which happened in 70 AD.
The thing "standing where it aught not" would be the Roman Legion banners that they carried that were as good as idols in the opinion if the more devout Jews of Judea.

For the benefit of those having not read the current "antichrist" thread, the New Testament describes an "antichrist, not an "anti christ"
That is a new word that was coined to describe those who did not accept that the Messiah had already come in the form of Jesus, the Christ of the religion that we know of today as Christianity.

And that was what Jesus was saying about Jerusalem, that as there was this horrific demise of the old religion, there was the gathering of the congregation of the new religion, what we call the church.

edit on 29-1-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

The description of the return is;
"They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory and he will send out his angels..." Matthew ch24 v30
That ought to be unmistakable.
The power of The Lord as described in the Old Testament was to bring vengeance.
So Jesus "coming in power" was the destruction of the city where he was crucified, and the destruction of the temple of the religious leaders who personally instigated that crime.

The "gathering" is the bringing into being the Lord's congregation, otherwise known as the church.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Just remember, white horse and face that shines like the sun.
Don't worry, you won't be able to miss him.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join