It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IF jesus returned, how would we know it was him?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
if jesus returned how would we know to believe it was him for real or not?
what does the bible say about the second coming of jesus, and, how would we know if we are being decieved or not?

should we expect miracles by said person? or would you think they are false signs by demonic spirits?
what if jesus was a modern day person but he didnt have any extraordinary powers all by himself..?

many people have claimed to be jesus, some of them even gained followers.

but how can we know for sure?

Do we look for a certain sign from god, or would jesus be supernatural in some way?

in the new testament they wanted jesus to perform signs to show who he was.
edit on 28-1-2014 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
How also would we know if Krishna's new avatar had revealed him or herself?

Or if you know one of your reincarnated loved ones?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Belcastro

I Think people have it all wrong personally.
I mean, does no one see the forrest through the trees?
I think this is all a scam to keep your thoughts focused on something that does not exists anymore if it ever did. What are there 2000+ year old people walking the earth?
Well i did watch that movie called the man from earth. It was a trip

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
If he were to return, I think it would be universally accepted, like there wouldn't be any doubting it.

There might be some prophecies you can find of what to look for, too, of course.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Someone can't just claim they are the messiah and get away with it.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
YOU would feel much differently than you did earlier in life about many things and you would be willing to endure unlimited suffering or even die for your own *innate* beliefs rather than give in and play nice.

Yeshua is smarter than coming back as just one being. There will be thousands if not millions.
"Go ahead, Pilot. Take your pick. Opps... You missed."

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
i would be interested in how intelligent he would be in a modern world.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
He would heal all AIDS patients and He would resurrect JFK.

Or not...

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
the vatican made a law in 1929 i read on the net that if jesus came back and made it to rome he would be arrested wtf

so jesus could be THE CRAZY GUY dishing out the free wine down the nut house

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Atlantican
YOU would feel much differently than you did earlier in life about many things and you would be willing to endure unlimited suffering or even die for your own *innate* beliefs rather than give in and play nice.

Yeshua is smarter than coming back as just one being. There will be thousands if not millions.
"Go ahead, Pilot. Take your pick. Opps... You missed."

Well that was kind of a mind blower.

The thought of millions of people being Jesus

edit on 29-1-2014 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
he would walk across the patomic and bitchslap obammy, reid, pelosi, bohner, and a few choice traitors, turn beiber into a monkey, and await the wave of glory.....

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

By the sign of the Son of Man.

1. The sun will turn black.

2. The moon will be blood red.

3. The entire earth will shake at once.

4. The sky will roll up like a scroll.

5. Meteors will fall from the sky.

6. Jesus will be seen riding a white horse in the sky.

7. His heavenly hosts will follow with Him.

These are all pretty specific.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDualityExperience

Thanks for mentioning that movie, it had one of the most engrossing screenplays I've ever seen (if you like thoughtful talk but no action);

imdb The Man From Earth

To answer the OPs question, more than likely he'd be arrested for vagrancy, drug use (it's possible cannabis was in the sacred ointment recipe), identity theft, not having proper ID on him at all times, and generally being extremely worrisome to the current powers that be.

In other words, MO same as last time.

I'd love to see him come back and attack the money changers, though.

edit on 3413121amWednesdayf13Wed, 29 Jan 2014 00:13:34 -0600America/Chicago by signalfire because: spelling

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Well if life is everything, than anyone who tries too quantify it as just one thing is an obvious fraud.

Obviously anyone can have a claim at it but as it has been said it is 'silly' and 'unwise' to have that many eyes looking at them at once

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Belcastro
Do we look for a certain sign from god, or would jesus be supernatural in some way?

♪ What if God was one of us. Just a slob like one of us. Just a stranger on a bus.... ♫

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   

OHHHH you would know...... you would be asleep and having one of those BS fantasy dreams.....because Jesus was just a normal man who conned the small minded folk of his time.

Like the Vikings used to say " My god carries a huge Hammer, your one (or son of) got nailed to a cross and couldnt do jack about it"

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
wait until the 25th of december and you will see him and budda khrishna mohammed and crew all celebrating their birthday together what a piss up thats going to be

ps you are all invited bring your own bottle just in case the messiah gets hammered and cannot do the water into wine trick

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   

when Christ comes pinch yourself. if it hurts you have not been transformed into a new spiritual form and the claimant is false.

also Christ says in the olivet sermon that he will not return until the desolator stands where he ought not. The antichrist is an imposter of Christ. in Greek anti has the meaning of instead of. He will come claiming to be Christ. performing miracles. claiming to bring peace.

mathew 24 verses 15 through 31

15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand

16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:

18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.

19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

25 Behold, I have told you before.

26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

in short if you are still in the flesh the real Christ is not on the scene.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by BELIEVERpriest

Ummmmmmmmmmmm...................

No

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I am Jesus.

Prove me wrong.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>