It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IF jesus returned, how would we know it was him?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Yes we are flawed, but I want to believe that god is love and he could solve this without Armageddon.

There is a solution.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Belcastro
if jesus returned how would we know ...
what does the bible say about the second coming of jesus, and, how would we know if we are being decieved or not?

Do we look for a certain sign from god, or would jesus be supernatural in some way?

according to scriptures, 'He' will return as he left...(after some 40 days after the resurrection)

how did He leave ---- He got caught up in the 'clouds'

somewhere around April 3rd, 33AD was the crucifixion...add another ~ 40 days &^ you get around May 13th
(isn't it odd-weird that the Fatima visitations also fell on the series of monthly 13th day)

legend has it that Constantine seen the 'sign' of Christ in the shy... a P X super-imposed on top of each other
christianity.about.com...
see the symbol for Christ (Chi Rho)

but i differ from that 'sign' being used again... i prefer that Jesus will use the computer 'cloud' program to make his presence known this time, at the 2nd coming... so that via the WWW, Christ will return in a 'cloud' so that everyone might witness him at the same instant

the www. 'cloud' computing, interfacing with an Alien AI signal... is here now, so the End-Times might just be right around the corner is my theory..
Let's see how many mega church ministries will adopt this viewpoint & want to legitimize this idea & popularize it---you heard it first here on ATS, my fellow members

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Stormdancer777
reply to post by ketsuko

Yes we are flawed, but I want to believe that god is love and he could solve this without Armageddon.

There is a solution.

Who knows really? Maybe He simply leaves the rest to it and remakes a new Earth for us somewhere else. They will have had the chance to experience what could be, and if they decide that it isn't for them ... well, they can go back to what we have now minus even hope.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Not even the Apostles could always tell who Jesus was. See Mark 16:12, 13.
Various accounts also have him changing color and age (not sex, though).

So, no, it would probably be very difficult to recognize him, and that's why it's indicated that so many "religious" people will be fooled into believing and following somebody else who tells them all the things they want to hear (the Antichrist), because their own desire will cloud their reason.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

You say He likes the 13th? There are quite a few who think it will be The Feast of Trumpets. How about Rosh Hashanah 2015 which begins at sundown on Sept. 13?

That also ends the tetrad.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Christ is a title and Jesus is the name of a particular man. Jesus the man, was given the title Christ.
Jesus was anointed.

Maybe if one realized what 'the anointed one' meant it would be obvious what 'Christ' means.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
When one realizes what 'Christ' means then it will be obvious that 'Christ' never left.

It is assumed that 'Christ' lived in the past - but Christ is the life - does life ever go anywhere?

Life is here and now but the mind of man is 'before' and 'after'.

Because man (mind) is always thinking of before and after it lives in the dark. Only when one sees the light will it be seen to be good.
edit on 29-1-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Itisnowagain
When one realizes what 'Christ' means then it will be obvious that 'Christ' never left.
It is assumed that 'Christ' lived in the past - but Christ is the life - does life ever go anywhere?

Yes. Life dies and vanishes. If Jesus hadn't died (according to the stories), nobody would care because he would lose all of his humanity. Jesus as god is only half the equation.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Blue Shift

Itisnowagain

Yes. Life dies and vanishes. If Jesus hadn't died (according to the stories), nobody would care because he would lose all of his humanity. Jesus as god is only half the equation.

Can life die? Did he not get resurrected (according to the story)?

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Blue Shift
Jesus as god is only half the equation.

God gave birth to Christ.
God is the unseen presence and Christ is the seen presence - together they make life.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Blue Shift
Not even the Apostles could always tell who Jesus was. See Mark 16:12, 13.
Various accounts also have him changing color and age (not sex, though).

The seen presence (that which is appearing) is constantly changing.
The unseen presence never changes.

Only through the seen present (Christ) will the Father be found/known. The Father is that which is seeing the ever changing scene - the father is the stable one.

Christ (the ever changing) is born out of the stable.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

There is no doubt about that.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Is there any thing outside presence?

Any thought you have about the past happens presently and everyone is so concerned with what is not actually happening. So many mistruths about other times and other places - only the present is true but man (mind) loves to conflict.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
If some random dude walked up to me, touched my bottle of Dasani water and it turned into wine -- I'd be sold.

In all reality the person claiming to be Jesus would have to actually do some miracles. Today people are more skeptical than ever before.

edit on 29-1-2014 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
If some random dude walked up to me, touched my bottle of Dasani water and it turned into wine -- I'd be sold.

I have seen Derren Brown do it but I don't think he is Jesus.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

MystikMushroom

Today people are more skeptical than ever before.

edit on 29-1-2014 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

"Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;"

even the very elect might be deceived

When the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

men shall be lovers of their own selves

But you see as soon as Christ left the antichrist moved in,
"For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things to draw away disciples after them"

But he did not leave us without the holy spirit

For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

The holy spirit will be taken out of the way.

And people choose to believe a lie.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
First, it would be a start if anyone could prove Jesus existed in the first place, because if you look at it scientifically, there is not much evidence supporting his existence in the first place. Speaking of misinterpreting the bible, Jesus as a persona is not to be taken literally, he is more of fictional character resembling morals and ethics that people should live by, the same goes for the personification of god.
Second, there are thousands upon thousands more religious scriptures from around the world that date back way before the bible was even contemplated. It is more likely we see Krishna or some Sumerian God returning than Jesus. But again, it is highly unlikely even in that case that anyone "returns", as all of those are just stories, not more, not less.
And speaking of miracles. There are no miracles, just a lack of understanding. If you would show an individual an IPad 500 years ago, it would have been perceived as a miracle. That is because people back then wouldn't have been able to understand the concept of an IPad, nor how it works or how it was built. Lack of knowledge/understanding leads to superstition.

Lets not contemplate the return of any religious figure, because it is just not going to happen. Lets rather concentrate on growing as an individual and becoming a better person instead of relying on an imaginary figure to do it for us.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Clairaudience

I never say never, and yes it would be nice if we would eventually evolve into a utopian society.

That hasn't happened yet either.

BTW do your jaws hurt?

edit on 013131p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 013131p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Clairaudience

You obviously miss the part of being a Christian where we are supposed to work at being better people as part of being Christian.

It's not like we do whatever we want and get a "get out of sin" free card or something.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Stormdancer777
"Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;"

The day will not come because it is already here. Except the person you think you are must fall away before Christ will be known.
The man of sin is the individual - there is really only God/Christ.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join