It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IF jesus returned, how would we know it was him?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Considering according to scripture all the tribulations in Revelations needs to transpire prior to Christ's return… I think those are fairly good indicator's. If they haven't happened the dude probably isn't really Jesus.
I think that they did happen.
And that Jesus came, or rather the Parousia which is the "visitation", such as described in Jesus' parables where the owner of the estate suddenly appears after being gone on a long trip and catches his servants slacking and they get punished.
So the "tribulations" is what happened when a million people perished at the hands of the Romans after there was a concerted effort to basically throw off Roman rule from the area around Jerusalem.

What the people who promote a coming in our own future do is to ignore those events and then to say that Revelation was written in 90 AD, so that Revelation couldn't have been foretelling all of that and must be talking about a yet future event.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
How would we know it was the JC? That's laughably easy to discern:

Just look for the guy with blue eyes and long blonde hair. Unless he's holding a big hammer--that'd be Thor.

In all seriousness I suppose you would probably have to keep a sharp look out, and not blink. One good look-over at the mess we've collectively made, and the "Son of Man" would be outta here quick smart.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
if someday claims he's "Jesus" we should nail him to a cross.
After he's dead if he doent come back within 3 days we know it's not Jesus.

I'll bring the nails.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

The dead in Christ are gathered and possibly the living, which would be the Rapture.
That's in 1 Thessalonians and there isn't any indication there that anything happens after that on earth or even if there is an earth after that.
For all we know, it could be describing something that happens at the end of all material existence, the end of the physical universe.
edit on 29-1-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Face that shines like the Sun? Moses? Exodus 34:29-35

29It came about when Moses was coming down from Mount Sinai (and the two tablets of the testimony were in Moses' hand as he was coming down from the mountain), that Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone because of his speaking with Him. 30So when Aaron and all the sons of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone, and they were afraid to come near him. 31Then Moses called to them, and Aaron and all the rulers in the congregation returned to him; and Moses spoke to them. 32Afterward all the sons of Israel came near, and he commanded them to do everything that the LORD had spoken to him on Mount Sinai. 33When Moses had finished speaking with them, he put a veil over his face. 34But whenever Moses went in before the LORD to speak with Him, he would take off the veil until he came out; and whenever he came out and spoke to the sons of Israel what he had been commanded, 35the sons of Israel would see the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses' face shone. So Moses would replace the veil over his face until he went in to speak with Him.

edit on 29-1-2014 by CynicalDrivel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

teslahowitzer
he would walk across the patomic and bitchslap obammy, reid, pelosi, bohner, and a few choice traitors, turn beiber into a monkey, and await the wave of glory.....

Jesus or not I would worship that guy. LMAO.

We would know it was him because a documentary would be made about him being Jesus.
After all , observing today's civilization documentaries will provide the answers to bigfoot,UFO, cancer, Energy crisis's , Baltic sea UFO, Ancient Aliens.Why not Jesus.

Seriously though, my understanding is that Jesus is the man. If he comes back he can just make us all accept him as Jesus.

Yeah I know what is the fun in that. Its much funnier to create wars based on whether people believe that he existed or not. He is one mischievous guy that one with a dark sense of humor.

edit on 08131America/ChicagoWed, 29 Jan 2014 22:08:20 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Christ isn't going to be nice the second time around.
Yes, you are right, he wan't.

Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him.
All those people who killed Jesus were at least present in representation, there when Jerusalem fell to the Legions in 70 AD.
That verse is in the first chapter of Revelation, the same one that says all these events will happen soon.

Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction,
Right, the false messiahs who led the rebellion against the Romans which brought the destruction.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

We would know it was him because a documentary would be made about him being Jesus.

And then here, on ATS, a couple of hundred people who scarcely believe in anything would spend ceaseless hours attempting to debunk said documentary evidence. It would be another illusion powered by lasers, or a NWO death trap, or a plot by the greys, or the Illuminati, or, or or....

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
he would be the only one wearing those and easy to pick out

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

This time he will be an immortal spirit creature, he can't die, and he will command those same angels to decimate those that oppose his incoming messianic government.
I'm one of these people who believe the Bible when it says that Jesus is Lord.
Jesus was and is the Messiah.
He is the head of the government which is what guides all those who believe in him.
The disciple were given the commission by Jesus to bring the gospel to the world that the kingdom of heaven is here and now is the time for all to become Jesus' disciples.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

King James Bible Rev 1: 16
And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a
sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth
in his strength.

New International Version
In his right hand he held seven stars, and coming out of his mouth
was a sharp, double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining
in all its brilliance.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by Jarring

Idk if you're just joking with me and understand my point or not> lol

My friend my modus operandi is one of enigma. Only time will tell. Fortunately your god has bestowed much time.

sounds to me like your MO is to waste it

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Belcastro

The real truth is i suspect, that if a supernatural being appeared claiming to be the same being who we think of as 'Jesus'...he'd be smart to keep his/her/its identity hidden instead of announcing it to the world.

He'd be killed as quickly as possible i'm afraid to maintain the status quo.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   

ketsuko
reply to post by St Udio

You say He likes the 13th? There are quite a few who think it will be The Feast of Trumpets. How about Rosh Hashanah 2015 which begins at sundown on Sept. 13?

That also ends the tetrad.

you are doing research.... very good

of course there are more negative issues attached to 13 than positive ones... makes one apprehensive

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
"And thus Jesus came down with thy hands doing thy jazz...behold thy jazz hands he said and many who saweth those jazz hands wept for theyeth hadn't ever seen such works of jazzeth hands".

Book of Bod chapter 5 verse 7.

So there we go..he will do the best jazz hands ever, thats how we will tell If he is Jesus or Jebus.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDualityExperience

TheDualityExperience

For me there is no such thing as "sin" becasue it is whatever the individual feels ashamed or guilty of.
There is only one sin - separation from all that is. In reality there is absolutely nothing separate - but there can be the illusion of individuality. The assumed individual fears for it's life - when really there is only life.
When one believes that one is individual one will fear - this fear makes one needy and greedy.
edit on 30-1-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Itisnowagain

Stormdancer777
"Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;"

The day will not come because it is already here. Except the person you think you are must fall away before Christ will be known.
The man of sin is the individual - there is really only God/Christ.

interesting

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

St Udio

ketsuko
reply to post by St Udio

You say He likes the 13th? There are quite a few who think it will be The Feast of Trumpets. How about Rosh Hashanah 2015 which begins at sundown on Sept. 13?

That also ends the tetrad.

you are doing research.... very good

of course there are more negative issues attached to 13 than positive ones... makes one apprehensive

It's in reality a fairly negative time for the world isn't it? I'm looking at the beginning of the Tribulation not the end of it. Tetrads, after all, are a sign of significance for the Jews, not the gentiles. Christ comes through the clouds and we all at least hear him if not see and he gathers in the dead in Christ and may or may not take up believers.

But regardless, for those who are still here, it's a bad thing a signal that only bad times are coming, really bad times. 1/3 of those left are going die in short order, and they'll quickly be followed by many more.

This is why I say that no one in their right mind is looking forward to the Apocalypse. It's a scary thing, and we may all have to endure it to get to any of the good that comes after.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Itisnowagain
reply to post by TheDualityExperience

TheDualityExperience

For me there is no such thing as "sin" becasue it is whatever the individual feels ashamed or guilty of.
There is only one sin - separation from all that is. In reality there is absolutely nothing separate - but there can be the illusion of individuality. The assumed individual fears for it's life - when really there is only life.
When one believes that one is individual one will fear - this fear makes one needy and greedy.

Describe what you mean by "individual" because I think you and I have different ideas on this. I am most definitely an individual. I go my own way, always have. I've never needed to feel the approval of the crowd to feel good about myself or what I'm doing or where I'm going in life.

But at the same time, I'm also nowhere near "needy" or "greedy," either.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I was pointing out that you don't HAVE to be God to have a shiny face. Moses did. So, lets put glow paint on and confuse some people.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join