It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security Secretary: Illegals Have ‘Earned Right to be Citizens

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It isn't insanity if those that pushed it through got exactly what they wanted last time and are looking for the same outcome this time.

They just have to find a way to sell it again

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Maybe it's the snow. Maybe it's the 3 weeks of subzero weather.

I say open the borders for a month and allow a citizen swap.

With Mexico allowing decent people to form militias and protect themselves, it would be a simple thing to homestead a wonderful beachfront area.

ah......... sunshine and cinnamon girls.......

Let the people that want to come to America come up here and attach themselves to the government teat (which is about dry). Let those that are willing to work stay or migrate south and build a better society.

Libs can outlaw guns and have everyone on EBT in the north.

Cons can have people that provide for themselves in the south.

We can see which society lasts longer

++NO TAKE BACKS++

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

Who said I was calling them the insane ones? (sly grin)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

neo96
reply to post by Leonidas

Thank you for that reasoned, thoughtful response based on facts and devoid of emotion and predetermined beliefs.

Sorry don't argue on emotion, and there are plenty of facts that some people are REFUSING to read in this thread.

Yeah I do think the law applies to everyone in this country.

Do you disagree with the apologies offered to interred Japanese americans who lost their rights under the law?

Guess the same people trying to make illegals citizens should not have done that. But then again they discriminate agianst other people in a myriad of other issues.

Be it rich people, be it gun owners, be anyone who disagrees with them, and the list goes on.

Laws are for everyone else, just not whoever is the flavor of the day.

When the law is changed and these people are no longer "criminals" will you accept them?

Law is changed ?

Mean like it was in the 80s, and 90s with Reagans, and CLintons rewards for breaking the law.

And here we are once again.

I don't accept people who jump to the front of the line, and think they don't have to get in line, and do it like millions of other immigrants who want to come here, and who came here OBEYING the law.

edit on 28-1-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Rationalizations and justifications are not facts.

Laws change. Immigration law in America has had over 20 major changes over time. Dont pretend your objection to these immigrants is based on law. You have said when the law changes, it will not change your assertions about these people, therefor your objection is not legally based, but lies elsewhere.

Believe what you want, but be honest about it. Hiding behind the law doesnt work if you arent willing to accept all the laws implications, regardless of your true feelings on the matter.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Liquesence

Do you want America to be America, or do you want America to be like Mexico, or Sudan, North Korea, or whatever other country? America is unique, which makes it great. Saying it should do things or be like like other countries is a huge fail.

Thats a very ignorant view, that every idea that comes out the USA is golden and has nothing to learn from others.

Sorry but the world isnt the USA -> Third world hell hole. There are alot of successfull country with some intresting ideas. Look at Australia take on immigration.

link   

Leonidas

Laws change. Immigration law in America has had over 20 major changes over time.

Forgive me... but last page you said:

Immigration law has had at least 24 major changes to it over time.

What happened to those other 4 changes? You're repeating yourself..and it stands out in a HUGE way when not consistent, IMO.

link   

daskakik

Wrabbit2000
We've heard that the first several times you asked it... If people aren't answering, it could be because they find the question itself to be patently absurd...but that's just my opinion too.

Or they have nothing to come back with.

That's mine.

Bingo.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I brought up the language because never before for any other culture did we have to change our ways. If I were racist why would I have been married to a prtuguese man for over thirty years? I don't have a racist bone in my body. And how about all those illegals I worked with for over 30 years in different places. Not once did I turn any of them in. You would think if I were racist I would rush to do so. You sir do not know me and misinterpret my comments.
edit on 28-1-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000

Leonidas

Laws change. Immigration law in America has had over 20 major changes over time.

Forgive me... but last page you said:

Immigration law has had at least 24 major changes to it over time.

What happened to those other 4 changes? You're repeating yourself..and it stands out in a HUGE way when not consistent, IMO.

Is 24 more than 20 where you live? It is here.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Laws change. Immigration law in America has had over 20 major changes over time. Dont pretend your objection to these immigrants is based on law. You have said when the law changes, it will not change your assertions about these people, therefor your objection is not legally based, but lies elsewhere

Hmmm

Sounds like someone trying to make a rationalization, and a justification to me.

And yes it is legally based.

Why because some people are saying the LAW doesn't matter.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

neo96

Yep the only country we shouldn't be like is Mexico.

Any other is fine.

So North Koreas fine then

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

That's avoiding the issue... Is it 20 or 24? There aren't 2 versions of the same statement 1 page apart ..and much of what you're stating is personal interpretation and opinion. SO...When it isn't kept straight for a basic number? I gotta wonder about how solid anything else is.

Consistency in one's OWN statements is pretty important and a sign of knowing vs. parroting a topic, IMO.

That's just my two cents though.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Night Star

"I brought up the language because never before for any other culture did we have to change our ways."

Whaaat? lol

Take a look into the history of immigration into America to discover whether that statement has any basis in fact. I would tell you, but you clearly don't want to hear it from me.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

crazyewok

neo96

Yep the only country we shouldn't be like is Mexico.

Any other is fine.

So North Koreas fine then

Works for me they don't have illegal immigration.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Well, you did say "we".

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Well.. They DO have illegal immigration, come to think of it...

That's basically what got those recent cases sent up for 20+ years of hard labor in the DPRK prison camp system, isn't it? Illegally being in Northern border towns to spread the word of the outside world actually existing or something?

Some nations make us look like cream puffs and wimps when it comes to handling their own illegals. Take Mexico on their OWN Southern border, eh? Of course, most demanding the US lower it's borders and enforcement would love to have that topic vanish like a fart in the wind. Much for the same reasons too.... There just isn't much you can do with it, and it really really stinks.. eh?

edit on 28-1-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
To say that illegal aliens have "earned" the right to citizenship is akin to saying that a bank robber has "earned" the money he stole.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000

That's avoiding the issue... Is it 20 or 24? There aren't 2 versions of the same statement 1 page apart ..and much of what you're stating is personal interpretation and opinion. SO...When it isn't kept straight for a basic number? I gotta wonder about how solid anything else is.

Consistency in one's OWN statements is pretty important and a sign of knowing vs. parroting a topic, IMO.

That's just my two cents though.

I agree with your valuation of the worth of your statement. Good estimate.

There are over 20 major changes from 1790 until now. Depending on a person's definition of "major" that number will be higher. Is 24 more than 20? Yes, it is. Did you bother to go look yourself? No, you didn't.

Would you really prefer I write a dissertation detailing all those changes, or would you feel more confident in their existence if you did the very simple work of looking it up yourself?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

There just isn't much you can do with it, and it really really stinks.. eh?

Wasn't being serious there.

What really stinks its a few years down the road we will be talking about illegal immigration again.

You nailed it on the head.

Insanity.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Yes, it is. Did you bother to go look yourself? No, you didn't.

No I didn't go looking. When someone in a debate contradicts their own statements and factual references in identical declarations of those facts? I don't bother looking at much after that...at all.

Have a good day. I gotta run and attend to important things for awhile.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join