It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security Secretary: Illegals Have ‘Earned Right to be Citizens

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Leonidas

Deny ignorance??? Or turn a blind eye to criminals?

You seem to confuse the two with each other.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

I'm pretty sure they are not going to lose any sleep over having your respect or not.

I'm also pretty sure that the politicians that let it happen are not either.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

Drug smugglers are drug smugglers regardless of their citizenship, being a legal resident wont magically change that. Some Citizens are criminals as well, so your comment does not hold water.

What your whole argument is based on is immigration law, as evidenced by your repeated assertions have shown. It appears you are upset because they have broken the law, so if the law is changed to make them legal you will no longer have any objection to their presence in the country.

You are in luck because that is what is being proposed. Once the law has been changed, you will no doubt drop your objection and welcome them with open arms.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Pimpintology

neo96
Pathway's to citizenship already exist, military service, or get in line like the rest of the people who do not think they are above the law.

Amen brother. Fact is they are criminals. Criminals from another country HAVE NOT earned the right to be citizens. The only thing they have earned is a prison sentence or a one way ticket back to where they came from.

Well said.. and i have always said this to everyone i talk to regarding the illegal entry of people from ANYWHERE... If they have the mindset to break the law to enter into the united states ILLEGALLY.. then what else will they do ILLEGAL?? Ship these criminals away from us!! NO Amnesty!!

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

steve95988

Pimpintology

neo96
Pathway's to citizenship already exist, military service, or get in line like the rest of the people who do not think they are above the law.

Amen brother. Fact is they are criminals. Criminals from another country HAVE NOT earned the right to be citizens. The only thing they have earned is a prison sentence or a one way ticket back to where they came from.

Well said.. and i have always said this to everyone i talk to regarding the illegal entry of people from ANYWHERE... If they have the mindset to break the law to enter into the united states ILLEGALLY.. then what else will they do ILLEGAL?? Ship these criminals away from us!! NO Amnesty!!

People have migrated to find work and food all throughout history. If the law is changed, as is proposed then you will no doubt drop all objections to these migrants because their "criminal" activity will be deemed legal.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

If the law is changed, as is proposed then you will no doubt drop all objections to these migrants because their "criminal" activity will be deemed legal.

The law should not change to suit some and not others. It should not change to reward bad behavior. What about all the people coming through the proper channels? They have invested money and time and are still waiting.
edit on 28-1-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Night Star

If the law is changed, as is proposed then you will no doubt drop all objections to these migrants because their "criminal" activity will be deemed legal.

The law should not change to suit some and not others. It should not change to reward bad behavior. What about all the people coming through the proper channels? They have invested money and time and are still waiting.
edit on 28-1-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

Immigration law has had at least 24 major changes to it over time.

They would all be "coming through proper channels" when the law is changed. Therefore your objections to them would disappear correct? You would then support and welcome them because they would be legal, right?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Leonidas
The troubled history of immigration into North America is full of fear and hate followed slowly with familiarity, comprehension and often acceptance finally.

The Irish, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, et.al. were hated, distrusted and persecuted. Now some of the offspring of those same immigrants are the ones spewing the same hate and fear directed at their very own Grand-parents and Great-Grand-parents towards another, different group of newcomers.

"But this is different!!" No, no it isn't. Laws and customs regulating the in migration of people to the Americas continue to change and evolve. Were slaves "legal" immigrants? Slavery was. The Constitution referred tos them as 3/5's of a human-being, how many of you are proud of that?

As with all migration of an economic nature the people are filling jobs the overwhelming majority of current residents wont or dont want to do. Historically, it is the most recently 'accepted' immigrants that treated the new group the worst. (The joke about the new immigrant on Ellis Island that reaches the front of the line and gets accepted and immediately turns around and screams to the others waiting in line behind him: "Now all you immigrants F**K OFF back where you came from!" ...comes to mind)

This round sees a large group of racist, fearful and unintelligent opposition coming from many quarters looking in every direction to find people, processes and any other factor to blame for their unhappy situation. Demonizing all identifiable "other". The "rich", poor, mexicans. Anyone.

America has had to repeatedly deal with the shame of having to apologize for the treatment of immigrants. Apologizing for Japanese interment, African Slavery, Italian persecution and Irish segregation.

Will you, or your children have to apologize for your despicable behavior to an entire class of people, or will you correct your own behavior before it comes to that?

Fear comes from ignorance. DENY IGNORANCE.

What a load of horsesnip.

This is about the LAW.

And those people who think they are above it.

Apologize for what ?

Holding people accountable for their actions ?

Be a cold day in hell.
edit on 28-1-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I think Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson just lost the right to his U.S. citizenship.

nuff said.

edit on 28-1-2014 by JohnPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

neo96

Leonidas
The troubled history of immigration into North America is full of fear and hate followed slowly with familiarity, comprehension and often acceptance finally.

The Irish, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, et.al. were hated, distrusted and persecuted. Now some of the offspring of those same immigrants are the ones spewing the same hate and fear directed at their very own Grand-parents and Great-Grand-parents towards another, different group of newcomers.

"But this is different!!" No, no it isn't. Laws and customs regulating the in migration of people to the Americas continue to change and evolve. Were slaves "legal" immigrants? Slavery was. The Constitution referred tos them as 3/5's of a human-being, how many of you are proud of that?

As with all migration of an economic nature the people are filling jobs the overwhelming majority of current residents wont or dont want to do. Historically, it is the most recently 'accepted' immigrants that treated the new group the worst. (The joke about the new immigrant on Ellis Island that reaches the front of the line and gets accepted and immediately turns around and screams to the others waiting in line behind him: "Now all you immigrants F**K OFF back where you came from!" ...comes to mind)

This round sees a large group of racist, fearful and unintelligent opposition coming from many quarters looking in every direction to find people, processes and any other factor to blame for their unhappy situation. Demonizing all identifiable "other". The "rich", poor, mexicans. Anyone.

America has had to repeatedly deal with the shame of having to apologize for the treatment of immigrants. Apologizing for Japanese interment, African Slavery, Italian persecution and Irish segregation.

Will you, or your children have to apologize for your despicable behavior to an entire class of people, or will you correct your own behavior before it comes to that?

Fear comes from ignorance. DENY IGNORANCE.

What a load of horsesnip.

This is about the LAW.

And those people who think they are above it.

Apologize for what ?

Holding people accountable for their actions ?

Be a cold day in hell.

Thank you for that reasoned, thoughtful response based on facts and devoid of emotion and predetermined beliefs.

Do you disagree with the apologies offered to interred Japanese americans who lost their rights under the law? The law has changed a number of times to better reflect the changing times.

When the law is changed and these people are no longer "criminals" will you accept them?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

They would all be "coming through proper channels" when the law is changed. Therefore your objections to them would disappear correct? You would then support and welcome them because they would be legal, right?

No, they would NOT be coming through the proper channels, they would be given a free ride because some idiots think they 'earned' the right. They won't have to go back to their own country and wait like others to get here. They will still be living and working here while the people who are actually going through the proper channels have to wait to come here. It is rewarding bad behavior. All our other immigrants learn and speak english yet so many of our spanish speaking illegals refuse and are catered to.

You are asking us to welcome people who had no respect for our laws by coming here illegally, stealing identities, using fraudulant documents, using benefits through deciet etc.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

What do criminal aliens have to do with Japanese Americans interred during the war????

I think that is one stretch too far in grasping for comparisons....right into the truly and deeply offensive. At least in my opinion.

One has absolutely nothing, remotely to do with the other and to draw relativism is a sign of deep desperation.

The United States is based on the rule of law or it isn't. If it isn't, then fine...There are a whole lot of things I'd like to see change....if getting consent and consensus through the people's representatives in Congress is no longer anything to trouble ourselves with...

Amazing things can be done with the power of a potentate. Just watch the speech tonight.. It should be a real barn burner.

When the law is changed and these people are no longer "criminals" will you accept them?

We've heard that the first several times you asked it... If people aren't answering, it could be because they find the question itself to be patently absurd...but that's just my opinion too.
edit on 28-1-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Night Star
You are asking us to welcome people who had no respect for our laws by coming here illegally, stealing identities, using fraudulant documents, using benefits through deciet etc.

You don't have to welcome them.

You just have to abide. You even get to complain all you want about it, as long as you abide.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
We've heard that the first several times you asked it... If people aren't answering, it could be because they find the question itself to be patently absurd...but that's just my opinion too.

Or they have nothing to come back with.

That's mine.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Do we excuse any other criminals? Do we excuse the bank robber because he desperately needed money? These people have already broken laws. Making them legal by changing the laws is nothing more than rewarding bad behavior. You completely leave out how upset those coming through the proper channels are. How do you think they feel? It is a slap in the face.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Night Star

No, they would NOT be coming through the proper channels, they would be given a free ride because some idiots think they 'earned' the right. They won't have to go back to their own country and wait like others to get here. They will still be living and working here while the people who are actually going through the proper channels have to wait to come here. It is rewarding bad behavior. All our other immigrants learn and speak english yet so many of our spanish speaking illegals refuse and are catered to.

So you would only accept laws that you agree with then?

Forgive me, but the reality of your position seems to be based on race and culture, not law. Now language appears to be an issue. Spanish specifically.

You say your position is based on law and not race, yet your objections do not support that.

The new law would make them legal but that is not acceptable to you.

Believe what you like, but dont pretend it is based on law and not you prejudices and assumptions based on race.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Thank you for that reasoned, thoughtful response based on facts and devoid of emotion and predetermined beliefs.

Sorry don't argue on emotion, and there are plenty of facts that some people are REFUSING to read in this thread.

Yeah I do think the law applies to everyone in this country.

Do you disagree with the apologies offered to interred Japanese americans who lost their rights under the law?

Guess the same people trying to make illegals citizens should not have done that. But then again they discriminate agianst other people in a myriad of other issues.

Be it rich people, be it gun owners, be anyone who disagrees with them, and the list goes on.

Laws are for everyone else, just not whoever is the flavor of the day.

Law is changed ?

Mean like it was in the 80s, and 90s with Reagans, and CLintons rewards for breaking the law.

And here we are once again.

I don't accept people who jump to the front of the line, and think they don't have to get in line, and do it like millions of other immigrants who want to come here, and who came here OBEYING the law.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Night Star

Do we excuse any other criminals? Do we excuse the bank robber because he desperately needed money? These people have already broken laws. Making them legal by changing the laws is nothing more than rewarding bad behavior. You completely leave out how upset those coming through the proper channels are. How do you think they feel? It is a slap in the face.

Look into the history of Prohibition. A law that turned people into criminals overnight. It's repeal turned criminals into law abiding citizens the same way.

Your assertion that your objection to these people is based in law is not true.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

This is so ridiculous I don't even...

I know plenty of people from Mexico who are very strongly apposed to illegal immigrants from Mexico (and other countries). I oppose illegal immigration yet have had numerous Latina girlfriends over the years. (Many of them too didn't think too highly of illegals.)

Also, the race card you're pulling has been declined. Something about being over the limit...

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

daskakik

Wrabbit2000

Or they have nothing to come back with.

That's mine.

You have a point...and I guess personally? I'll have to say that I've lived this sorry excuse for groundhog day once before with the Amnesty Reagan was suckered into accepting with pie in the sky promises of security later ..which never came then and won't come now. Always later on the vegetables while the kids demand desert right this second. How often do we ever see kids go back to those veggies after that? Yup...not too often, I'm thinking.

Insanity is trying the same thing, while expecting different results. This was tried before in 1986 and it was a pretty solid failure to do little but set up and create the VERY problem we 'need' solutions for now. We'll make the next wave of illegals from what this ends with ..just as we did last time.

History doesn't repeat as much as it just enjoys that run at insanity, referenced above.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join