It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security Secretary: Illegals Have ‘Earned Right to be Citizens

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

But he/she did all that work. Getting out of bed, going down to the bank, writing a note, talking to the teller and then running away.

It was hard work.

And let's not forget about the reason they robbed the bank. All they wanted was a better life. And in their current situation, the only way to get the better life was to rob the bank.

It is the fault of the bank as well. They enticed him/her to rob the bank with all that money inside. It's not fair for the bank to have all that money. They should share it.

You are just a racist for not wanting the robber to not have money.

It was for his/her children.

Did I hit every moronic Progressive reply to this?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
Take Mexico on their OWN Southern border, eh?

Not true, things are quite lax on Mexico's southern border. It is actually the US that has been calling for a tightening of it. Go figure.

U.S. officials confirmed that the United States and Mexico are considering a joint effort to strengthen border security with an elaborate three-tier system — along Mexico’s southern border separating it from Guatemala and Belize.

The scheme would call for U.S. funding and technical support to create a security system extending up to 140 miles north of Mexico’s southern border. The system would employ electronic sensors and intelligence-gathering to halt human and drug trafficking that eventually makes its way to .the United States, according to The Washington Free Beacon.

Southern border of mexico

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Leonidas

Take a look into the history of immigration into America to discover whether that statement has any basis in fact. I would tell you, but you clearly don't want to hear it from me.

There are hundreds of languages spoken here and for whom do we have to press 1 just to hear our own language? Whos language do we have to speak in order to get hired for many jobs across the USA? Most of our immigrants came here, learned and spoke english, the legal ones that is.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

SheopleNation
reply to post by Indigo5

I agree with what you presented my friend, but not this part...

The Gov. collects those payroll withholding on faked SS numbers (SS, Medicare etc), but doesn't ever have to pay out on it to the illegal immigrant. That money collected pays for American Citizens safety

It does NOT go to our safety, ..........

Our safety? LMAO!!! ~$heopleNation

You need to re-read my post? I said "safety net"...as in SS Medicaire...not "safety"

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

Tell me.. What is the penalty under Mexican law for illegally crossing into their territory from another nation without visa or other documentation, much less any legal status for agreements to be there without them?

Is it more, the same or less than United States law for the same offense? Lets not talk levels of enforcement because that is entirely subjective and one report can distort that to say something totally different from another. What is that actual law and penalties?

I am aware of what they are, BTW..I'm not asking something I'm not fully aware of the answer to...but since you're sure it isn't as serious as I know it is, you will probably want to see it for yourself to understand the United States is NOT the most vicious about this or even the worst for day to day abuses against those violating it.
edit on 28-1-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Not sure how many of you young members ever heard this song...

Link Great American Melting Pot

I see so many people who I presume are illegal busting their ass working....who am I to say you can't be here?

edit on 28-1-2014 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

I see so many people who I presume are illegal busting their ass working....who am I to say you can't be here?

The law says it otherwise they wouldn't be 'illegal'.

Melting pot that was damn right hilarious.

Because it means assimilating in to this country.

Playing by its laws.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

My hope is that when other countries become more competitive we will see less and less of a migration to the United States. I truly believe that republicans could care less about this issue..Bush had the chance to close the borders and he did not..

This is a platform the republicans use to draw votes that easily excites the masses. I'm all for legal immigration but I just don't think we will ever have the manpower to do it....too many airports, ports of entry etc...to stop

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

chrismarco

Uhhhhh, the law maybe...

The law does not state you can't cross, unless you come here and work really really hard.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

macman
reply to post by jrod

2 different topics.
Those that came here illegally need to be deported.
This idea that they pay taxes is the biggest load of crap ever pitched.
They pay sales tax, but if they pay into SS and the like, it is one a stolen ID.

Very simple. They broke the law coming here. They need to be returned to their home country.

How would you propose to do this?

A lot of people have made it to the States illegally, or legally and have an expired visa. The number those who 'need to be deported' would be about the equivalent of the 5th largest state in the US. How do you suppose we deport that many people, and more importantly pay for the resources necessary to do this?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

All those that are here illegally, need to be returned back to their home country.

How to do it? Fire up the buses for one.
Instead of the Govt pissing away money on Welfare for Illegals, foreign aid to countries and Green companies, I am sure that money could be used better to accomplish this.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You know, that is one of the things that I have posted over and over in the immigration threads and, despite me posting the change in Mexico's immigration laws back in 2011 , it just doesn't seem to stick.

I'm willing to bet that what you know is outdated. It is know about the same.

edit on 28-1-2014 by daskakik because: Fixed date

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Once again this has nothing to do with about doing the right thing.

It is all about the politics.

They could care less about the people, it is all about the votes:

At the same time, Republicans have seen their support from Latinos plummet precisely because of their stance on immigration, and the “statement of principles,” barely more than a page, is intended to try to reverse that trajectory.

www.nytimes.com...

And the Democrats are pushing this because they have seen a massive decline in their support.

It is all about their job, not your jobs.

To illegals?

Do you really want to be just another political pawn ?

To be used, and thrown out after they get what they want.

edit on 28-1-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Do you think the illegals are just going to voluntarily hop on that bus?

It is not a realistic approach, I agree we need not to spend more on foreign aid than we do on our own infrastructure and borders. We are talking about somewhere between 10 and 30 million people to deport. Not an easy or cheap task.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

jrod

Do you think the illegals are just going to voluntarily hop on that bus?

Ah, there is this department of the Govt who's job it is to do that.

jrod
It is not a realistic approach,

Sure it is.
If the Govt put the same effort it did to destroy healthcare, intervene with foreign countries internal wars, run guns to Mexico, it can surely do this.

jrod

I agree we need not to spend more on foreign aid than we do on our own infrastructure and borders. We are talking about somewhere between 10 and 30 million people to deport. Not an easy or cheap task.

Might not be easy, but nothing worth doing is ever easy.
The first step needs to be taken. As this task proceeds, it will get easier.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

So to analyze your post- the field jobs for undocumented immigrants those are ok for them, right? It is when they aspire and strive for more and go after the next level of mediocre jobs that you have a problem, because you wrote “These people are not just working in the fields” but construction, restaurants etc. Well then why would an American employer hire undocumented immigrants over “perfectly suitable Americans” and if they were “perfect” why did the American employer not hire them? They get paid the same, so why? Have you ask yourself the question? First, American employers for the most part do not know if they are undocumented because for the jobs you mention you need to show papers-mmm so let’s see, why oh why, would an American employer hire this person? American employers hire the person they think is best for the job, so your post is based on an assumption of what you have seen and therefore assuming the persons we are talking about are undocumented probably for looking Hispanic right? Never mind that the person beat a “perfectly suitable American” for the job- so my question is why aren’t you worry that “perfectly suitable Americans” are getting beat for mediocre jobs? So then are they really perfectly suitable Americans? What is more American than the best person for the Job? or should we turned into a communist state where you don’t have to worry and everyone is given a job regardless of your skill and motivation? If you got beat to a job by an undocumented immigrant (if you can prove that) than I say shame on you for wasting the opportunity this great nation has given you.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Really, dude- you’re going to use Mexico for your example on immigration law comparisons? You do know Mexico had open borders in area now called the American Southwest? You do know Mexico allowed American settlers into the Mexican territories first? So why oh why did Mexico change its laws? Did it maybe have something to do with losing half its territory --- yeah deny ignorance, right.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
We have illegal here since the 1960s that have had at least 2 chances to apply and never have.

They know that if they become legal they likely will lose there jobs as employers.

They also know that they would lose free health care

They cheat the tax system by listing the max numbers of fake dependents

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

neo96

Melting pot that was damn right hilarious.

Because it means assimilating in to this country.

Playing by its laws.

Damn right! Those Damn Irish!!!

Oh that's right...we are talking about Mexicans now...

Same as it ever was...Germans, Irish, Italians, Chinese, Mexicans...

Your thinking isn't new, just history repeating itself...and always the same outcome, a stronger nation for the diversity.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

That is exactly right Indigo.

Why shouldn't the Hispanic population /illegals get the same treatment as everyone else ?

Oh I forgot the rules don't apply to them.

Speaking as an Irishman who knows full well my heritage, and how they were treated.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join