It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Jacques Vallee ~ The Control System

page: 99
<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Autograf

Also: here's a Ted Talk featuring Vallee:

edit on 12-4-2014 by Autograf because: added yt link

Thanks for posting the video. Time for me to stop effen around and read some Vallee.

See that page 99? What does it mean?

edit on 17-4-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by KellyPrettyBear

Your fascinating statement about the parasitic dependence is really a two way path in the co-evolution aspect. I would say a codependency is a necessary component of our evolution in this time space. They need us for something they lack, because we are still evolving and they cannot. We succumb to it or somewhat define ourselves through seeking better knowledge.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I've recomended Colin Wilson before, but I just encountered the following on the Guardian piece on The Outsider:

His supporters also managed not to pick up on Wilson's offensive witterings about what he termed "the common mob" - 95 per cent of the population, by his estimation, although the real Outsiders comprised 0.005 per cent of the elite 5 per cent - being worthless "apes", "caged animals", "hogs", "flies", "ants", "insects", "human lice". Actually, the Mandarins clearly found that general line rather congenial, because it fitted only too well into their cherished Romanticist/modernist myth of the artistic genius set apart from and above society, and justified in that alienation by utter contempt for the masses. With his horrendous simplicities, Wilson proclaimed that intellectual misanthropy loud and clear. He recommended, for example, that the mentally ill should be shot. He also demanded that his artist-visionary Outsiders should "achieve political power from the hogs".

Indeed, Wilson toyed with the idea of doing just that in 1958, when he helped found a new literary-political movement, the Spartacans, to replace iniquitous democracy with the dictatorship of the "expert minority" of the spiritual elite. The Spartacan movement soon fizzled out, but not before attracting the eager support of Oswald Mosley.

Synarchism seems to swirl around our cast of characters to varying degrees.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

1ofthe9
This also implies the ability to dick around with things... If this is the case, how would we go about causing a Control System manifestation at the Bundy Ranch (cameras in enmasse)?

Write stories?

No...tell them - stories, I mean...

Go back to about page 69 of this thread and read the posts where we talk about what the Control System "feedback loop" would have consisted of before the internet (or more to the point here, before wide-spread literacy)...

On about page 71, I think, you get to my "experiment", which (with relevant adjustments) might make a good summer vacation 'project'...

Although, I don't think it is actually possible for just a few people to get manifestations big (or intense) enough to be noticed by anyone not actively watching for them....
edit on 17-4-2014 by lostgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl
Although, I don't think it is actually possible for just a few people to get manifestations big (or intense) enough to be noticed by anyone not actively watching for them....

Now that is an interesting point, and perhaps testable.

A lot of traditional rituals to contact the 'other side' do involve just one or a few people.

I listened to the Fastwalker audio book today during a long, rainy drive, along with a 30 minute radio interview with Vallee about the book. Some takeaways:

-- Vallee is deeply cynical about the involvement of both government and NGOs in these matters.
-- UFO reporting organizations (extrapolating, this could be such as MUFON) are being utilized by third parties as data gathering resources.
-- During the radio interview, he mentions Jim Oberg, now a poster here on ATS, as having corrected some of his early ET-focused interpretations.
-- The only non-human entities (NHE) he describes in the novel are beings of pure light.
-- In Fastwalker, he describes grays as being human dwarves in costumes working for the US government to wield political/military influence via staged displays.
-- Also in Fastwalker he describes saucer UFOs undergoing the same sort of transformation/morphing/zapping that his former colleague, Ingo Swann, has described in a non-fiction context.
-- Overall I got the picture that the book is describing some things he believes to be true (descriptions of saucers, and interpretations of certain encounters as staged) but he has no proof and can't soil his research reports with... along with some heavily speculative thought experiments.

A very interesting story all things considered, highly recommended to anyone reading this thread.
edit on 17-4-2014 by Autograf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
vallee certainly knew something about these phenomena being used as 'cover' for intelligence agencies for their nefarious purposes..

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: milomilo

While there has been some rather far-ranging discussion about this angle which verges often into tangential tinfoil turf, the impression I get from the book is that those nefarious purposes are mostly related to controlling perception of the UFO phenomena in the public both at large, and for specific, highly influential people who go on to change other people's perceptions (the ripple or cascade effect).

Vallee's treatment of the "Space Brothers" UFO cults in Fastwalker might almost seem ham-fisted, if it were not an understatement of the way those cults actually present themselves and their agendas. There are deadly consequences at several points along those roads, too: Heaven's Gate, People's Temple, etc.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
When talking to Michael Corbin on that radio interview about 'FastWalker', Jacques Vallee said that the format of a fictional novel was an opportunity to put certain information out there which could not be done otherwise. In other words, much of the alternative history and covert ops discussed in the novel are likely based on true events that Vallee is personally privy to. That is my opinion.

Earlier in this thread I brought up Jacques Vallee's day job of computer network programming and the information he published in his books 'The Network Revolution' and 'The Heart of the Internet'. In 'The Network Revolution' he presented a very convincing argument for there being an exponential acceleration of computer technology as well as human population growth that was so alarming as to warrant a "science of Apocalypse Management".

What do these curves mean, then? Simply that human development is not going to slow down under the effects of the ordinary constraints of the environment, not after it has followed a smoothly-growing curve for three million years. What we can see for the next generation (our children, not our grandchildren) is a major discontinuity that may express itself in political and population changes, in space emigration, or perhaps through change in belief systems and human social behavior. Even if they do not involve the ultimate horrors of a nuclear war, these changes will be like nothing ever experienced before, and the computer is right in the middle of the process: even after considering all of the other accelerating patterns we have reviewed, the acceleration of computer technology sticks out in an obscene way. It suggests that humanity may be able to build the next level of intelligent beings long before Nature is able to evolve it.

If you recall from the story line of 'FastWalker', a covert group or shadow government referred to as 'ALINTEL' was in charge of investigating the UFO phenomenon, as well as having a vast array of holographic projectors, fake aliens and mind control techniques to simulate ET abduction scenarios and sightings. These phony ET events were used to manipulate geopolitics and create a new belief system in extraterrestrials worldwide.

Excerpt from 'FastWalker'

During the 70s and 80s, ALINTEL had constructed high-tech secure vaults near all major metropolitan areas working under cover of the Continuity of Government program of the Federal Emergency Management Agency.

According to the witness testimony of former US Air Force Chief Master Sergeant Daniel Salter, there are 38 levels above Top Secret - and at the very top is the 'Cosmic' security clearance and an organization called 'Alien Contact Intelligence Organization'. Sound familiar?

In case anyone doesn't already know this, as listed on Jacques Vallee's personal website it states the following: Apart from his work with information technology and finance, Jacques has had a long-term private interest in astronomy, in writing fiction and in the frontiers of research, notably unidentified aerial phenomena. He also serves on the scientific advisory board of Bigelow Aerospace in Las Vegas, Nevada . Robert Bigelow and Colonel John Alexander are the main people behind this enterprise and also own the infamous 'Skinwalker Ranch'. In a 2010 interview with George Knapp about UFOs and "the Control System", Vallee brought up Skinwalker Ranch and his own efforts to make UFO contact.

In the 1990s I tried to create sort of an official thing like the ranch in Utah [Skinwalker Ranch]. This was of course before the events at the ranch. I tried to create a hot spot of information where I was hoping to sort of attract the phenomenon to be able to record it better. And it didn't give the results I was hoping for. It's not something you can just decide to engage with - at least I haven't found a way to do it. But it's worth continuing to try because there seems to be a form of consciousness behind it that is extremely subtle, has a great sense of humor, is completely ruthless - I mean I know from reading your book and actually being there what happened at Skinwalker Ranch.

Vallee also reveals in 'The Network Revolution' that he helped write parts of 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' with Steven Spielberg. As you recall, a top secret base at Devil's Tower, Wyoming was used by the military to make contact with UFOs after an apocalyptic emergency evacuation of the local towns. A deleted scene from the movie shows the character based on Jacques Vallee having to board a jet plane at Chicago O'Hare airport after passengers on board witnessed a UFO sighting. His job was to confiscate all the rolls of film and cameras on board which may have had evidence of the UFO craft.

edit on 2014-04-19T04:56:40-05:002014Sat, 19 Apr 2014 04:56:40 -050040am56Sat, 19 Apr 2014 04:56:40 -050000 by corsair00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: corsair00

Do you believe that an information control system is used to obfuscate the activities of non-human intelligent species and UFOs? If so, is it used by the non-human entities or the governments (or both?).

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

A science of apocalypse management is already here. It’s called religion...

Vallee is supposed to be a scientist so he can understand the following formulae.

In the prescribed Science of Apocalypse Management the operand has affected perversely the system of inertial control ( religion) to such a negative degree the system has become affected with the virus of the operand…therefore it is become inoperative as a solution to Apocalypse management.

WillTell

edit on 19-4-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
It seems that something beyond the ego of Jacques Vallee has already attracted---as he puts it Unidentified aerial phenomena--- since they have arrived before him and his ego with their own agenda.
I would think it is advantageous to find out what attracted this phenomena and cease attempting to put it in a human test tube.
Go ahead try it but don’t come back screaming to us.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autograf
A lot of traditional rituals to contact the 'other side' do involve just one or a few people.

Yes, though I don't know that any of them has ever tried (or perhaps been able) to put forth 'evidence' of such achievements...
And it could well be (though I hate to gainsay all our conjecturing on the occult) that manifestations resulting from "traditional rituals" are something 'other' than the phenomena generated by the Control System...

Re: "Fastwalker" - I would bet big money that pretty much everything except plot line and characters is non-fiction...

Someone mentioned the book is kind of a 'downer', what's your opinion? (I stay away from depressing books, movies, etc., because they worsen what is already a fairly severe case of Depression)..

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I did a very fast read thru of "The Network Revolution", so I could be wrong, but I got the distinct impression that (although the book was written in a somewhat 'tongue-in-cheek' way) he was finding the extreme acceleration of computer technology and the human condition rather distressing, almost frightening really...

The following link is to a youtube video (sorry I don't know how to embed) where he talks about why governments should 'prepare' for an "Impossible future" (meaning a future which people/governments merely 'believe' is impossible...)

He outlines examples of events which were deemed at the time "impossible" and yet did (devastatingly) happen.

Vallee Tedtalk - The age of the impossible

edit on 19-4-2014 by lostgirl because: clarification

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Can anyone here give a definition of control system, general or specific or even Vallian will do.

Are we talking about the government control system?

Alien control system
Alien/government control system

Cosmic control system…micro/macro
Divine or demonic control system?
All the above?

It has become a bit abstract I think. That’s all right with me I am not criticizing one way or the other.

I have no alien in this fight.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell
Vallee isn't using the word "apocalypse" literally...he is referring to "management" of all the 'stuff' (technology, environment, economy) that, without a plan for 'managing' could have a very 'apocalyptic' affect on the future of the world...(see the Tedtalk vid I linked in my post to corsair)..

And if you are going to keep casting judgement on Vallee's "ego", you need to start adding evidence for that opinion to your posts!
Because EVERYTHING I have ever 'heard' that man 'say' (read that he wrote) or 'heard' said in regard to him indicates absolutely NADA in the way of egotism about him...quite the opposite in fact!

You cannot continually accuse someone of having a big ego, without justifying it with quotes, examples, soundbites, videos, etc...it's only fair...

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

It’s not Vallee ego I am really getting on. I realize you like the guy and my jabs rub the wrong way, I apologize for offending your sensibilities.

One, I also haven’t meant Apocalypse literally. I was referring to the very chaos alluded to by Vallee in his statement and your analysis of it confirms that.

Religion is an attempt to control chaos on one level the universe is well aware of that.

For Mr. Vallee to decide this to me is a form of arrogance.

Actually though I forgive him, for he knows not what de does, he is only a mouth piece for the arrogance of science, imo, in which he himself has been so thoroughly brainwashed in.
It’s not really his arrogance then, so you don’t have to worry.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Can anyone here give a definition of control system, general or specific or even Vallian will do.
Are we talking about the government control system?

Alien control system
Alien/government control system

Cosmic control system…micro/macro
Divine or demonic control system?
All the above?
It has become a bit abstract I think. That’s all right with me I am not criticizing one way or the other.

Well in the "Vallean" definition: "Control System" is a 'term' Vallee uses to refer to the 'phenomena' which manifests UFOs, but which Vallee is certain is extra-'dimensional' in nature, rather than extra-'terrestrial'...(and he maintains an open-mind as to what "extra-dimensional" might consist of - i.e. who 'they'/'it' might be)

As for the "government": There is (or was) a 'faction' (see Gut's Aviary thread) which have long been involved in faking UFO sightings, landings, testimonials, and even abductions, in order to - well actually, I don't think anyone has quite figured out exactly 'why', though there seems to be some specific 'agenda'...(Oh, it's likely the abductions, or "milabs", are related to MKUltra type experiments.)

As to the question: "Cosmic", "Demonic", "Alien"? All are up for conjecture...in point of fact, all of these could be considered 'other' dimensional in nature...(it's possible that even aliens might be crossing dimensions rather than space to get here), and therefor covered under Vallee's "Control System"...

Personally, I haven't ruled anything out...we just don't know...and I don't think anyone else (not even the government, necessarily) does either...

I am inclined to believe it entirely possible that the answer is: 'd. all of the above'...
And you're right, it is abstract...we're all shooting in the dark here...so as far as what control system "are we talking about"?
Well, it is "all of the above", because there are so many 'fingers' in the UFO 'pie', you have to talk about everything in order to come to any consensus about 'anything'...

It's like trying to put together a jigsaw puzzle out of the pieces from three puzzles mixed together - you have to keep looking at 'all' the pieces even though you only need a third of them...

edit on 19-4-2014 by lostgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

That’s interesting and conventional. May I enquire your source to this analysis? Is it just your general reading of him or interpretation of Valleys ideas or is this from any place specific.

I think it’s correct but I interpreted this in a more dynamic light such as what Vallee describes way at the beginning of this thread.

But that my conjecture

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell
That is my summarization of the way Vallee himself describes his "Control System"...

He really is stymied as to the 'precise' nature of the phenomena, except for the certainty that the 'perpetrators' responsible for manifesting all the 'beings' of fairy lore (and other such age-old cultural 'phenomena') are the same ones manifesting UFOs and aliens...
And you know, reading his works thoroughly, it's obvious that he seriously has left no stone unturned in his quest to discover 'what' the "Control System" truly 'is'...To the point that, he isn't really even 'in the business' anymore, because he just hasn't found anywhere else to 'look' for the answer...

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Vallee's "Control System' refers to the behavior of virtually all supernatural events recorded over the ages in that they respond to changes in their inputs (humans), and our reaction to the event (the feedback loop). A closed loop control system generally uses some of the outputs effect to modify the response of the system.

An example of this is, as you mention, supernatural entities recorded over the ages. The entitiy recorded matches the expectation of the observer(s). Even UFO shapes seem to reflect the cultural design norms of the era they were reported.

Vallee isn't sure whether his control system was designed by something non human, for example extra dimensional entities, or it is something inherant to humans or our environment. The former would indicate a dual loop control system, where the inner loop described above is used to perform the bidding of the outer loop which would be the entities intentions. The latter would indicate that humans have some ability to affect the environment and each other via some supernatural ability and that we generate our own supernatural experiences.

There is some evidence that humans can and do generate supernatural phenomena, such as the ghost invented by the university team that would respond to questions etc and the ghost invented by a researcher that was subsequently seen by a large number of people including so called reliable witnesses.

There is also some evidence that there is control from another intelligence such as the appearance of religious deities that have shaped human behaviour over the ages.

edit on 20/4/2014 by EasyPleaseMe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join