It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Jacques Vallee ~ The Control System

page: 98
<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

lostgirl

1ofthe9
Dr. Green's encounter with the weird dude. The guy sounds like Niven's Gil Hamilton.

I want to 'delve' into this (just a 'niggle' of a 'feeling' I'm having), but I don't remember ever reading anything referencing - Dr. Green and an encounter with a "weird dude"...

Can you elaborate or point me to a 'resource'? Thank you

Here's the story. Thing is, I've run into two different accounts of what happened. In this one, they just let the guy wander into the room. In the other story, they tackle the guy (Kit Green - MAN OF ACTION *thememusic*).

Here's the Gil Hamilton bit.

Way I figure we might be looking at two things:
1) The incident was inspired by Niven's fiction, and it was worked into the greater UFO mythos around our Avian friends.
2) The Control System makes a habit of cribbing from scifi authors, harkening back to Vallee's scifi and the balls of light (incidentally it'd be interesting to read his other scifi...).

Maybe both?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

1ofthe9
1) The incident was inspired by Niven's fiction, and it was worked into the greater UFO mythos around our Avian friends.
2) The Control System makes a habit of cribbing from scifi authors, harkening back to Vallee's scifi and the balls of light (incidentally it'd be interesting to read his other scifi...).
Maybe both?

Even without looking at the links, I can tell you that your point # 2) above is almost certainly true - I couldn't name any off the top of my head, but I know I've read plenty of remarkably 'prescient' sci-fi stories by any number of authors (one of the reasons I like reading 'older' works - it's kind of neat to see stuff that ended up 'coming true')..

Actually, I've had a lot of synchronicity with fiction in general - like, just recently, watching a movie where someone mentions a certain 'brand' of motorcycle (very obscure - never heard of it) and then that same evening, in the book I'm reading (picked up from the library days before) a character has the same motorcycle...

So yeah, whether on large or tiny scales, I think there is some element of Control System type 'action' involving authors and their works...

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

lostgirl

1ofthe9
Maybe both?

Even without looking at the links, I can tell you that your point # 2) above is almost certainly true - I couldn't name any off the top of my head, but I know I've read plenty of remarkably 'prescient' sci-fi stories by any number of authors (one of the reasons I like reading 'older' works - it's kind of neat to see stuff that ended up 'coming true')..

Actually, I've had a lot of synchronicity with fiction in general - like, just recently, watching a movie where someone mentions a certain 'brand' of motorcycle (very obscure - never heard of it) and then that same evening, in the book I'm reading (picked up from the library days before) a character has the same motorcycle...

So yeah, whether on large or tiny scales, I think there is some element of Control System type 'action' involving authors and their works...

When it comes to writers and movies there seems to be a positive feed back loop in operation. Writers - especially those who take drugs - can pick up on spiritual/alien reality and bring it into the world in the form of fiction. This fiction then enhances people's awareness of the phenomenon making it easier for writers to enter and gain more insight and bring yet more of it into the world. The result of this feedback loop is exactly the explosion of ufo consciousness that we see today.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

1ofthe9
2) The Control System makes a habit of cribbing from scifi authors,

But it works both ways - see my post above this one.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   

EnPassant

lostgirl

1ofthe9
Maybe both?

When it comes to writers and movies there seems to be a positive feed back loop in operation. Writers - especially those who take drugs - can pick up on spiritual/alien reality and bring it into the world in the form of fiction. This fiction then enhances people's awareness of the phenomenon making it easier for writers to enter and gain more insight and bring yet more of it into the world. The result of this feedback loop is exactly the explosion of ufo consciousness that we see today.

This also implies the ability to dick around with things... If this is the case, how would we go about causing a Control System manifestation at the Bundy Ranch (cameras in enmasse)? Write stories?

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   

1ofthe9

EnPassant

lostgirl

1ofthe9
Maybe both?

This also implies the ability to dick around with things... If this is the case, how would we go about causing a Control System manifestation at the Bundy Ranch (cameras in enmasse)? Write stories?

The control system reacts according to its own agenda.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by EnPassant

What if part of that agenda involves hidden triggers which can be used to make contact, and which are maintained as 'markers' of a sort, allowing the Neighbors to more closely observe and control certain currents in society?

As a simple example, why is the Ouija Board still mass-produced a hundred years after Spiritualism went out of style?

How many here have used one? Even just once? I would wager most of us.

Also: here's a Ted Talk featuring Vallee:

edit on 12-4-2014 by Autograf because: added yt link

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Thinking about control systems brought me back to one of my early adolescent video game days of Armored Core, a mecha game. The game had something of control system, although, albeit a more apocalyptic, technological one, compared to spirits, dragons, or the distracting, synchronization of reality.

It a bit childish.

The main plot behind the game, that there was a great war that left earth in ruins, forcing much of humanity underground. The main factions that control everything are the manufacturing corporations, that are having an arms race with each other. There is a group of elite mercenaries, called Ravens only pick the side that pays them the most. one day they could be working for one, then the next the other. There is one Raven, that is said to be considerably deadlier then the rest, called "Hustler One" who pilots a red schemed mech name Nine Ball that destroys the raven competition, or anyone that rivals it. It ends being a an A.I, that has interfaced it self with the corporations, as well as the Raven Nest.

At the end of one game Masters of Arena , Nine ball states it responsible for bringing humanity from the ashes. I love the voice acting tone.

It turns out, in most armored core games, the main thing controlling behind the scenes is an A.I of unknown origin(usually it just lazy writing).

And guess what, some think...ALIENS!

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Autograf
reply to post by EnPassant

What if part of that agenda involves hidden triggers which can be used to make contact, and which are maintained as 'markers' of a sort, allowing the Neighbors to more closely observe and control certain currents in society?

As a simple example, why is the Ouija Board still mass-produced a hundred years after Spiritualism went out of style?

How many here have used one? Even just once? I would wager most of us.

I used to make my own. Never had much, or even any, success with them though. However, I use the I Ching somewhat frequently, or as required rather, and find it incredibly effective, to the extent that I have found that if I ask a stupid or trivial question, it will quite pointedly tell me off, so, in effect, it has trained me on how to best utilise it.

In terms of the relationship between writers and the 'control system', I think that we are going back to there being multiple control systems. Some writers, such as William Gibson for one, Philip K Dick also to an extent, most definately have a demonstrable ability to foresee sociological and technological developments which gives credence to the understanding that there are means by which to enter into a space, akin to the Akashic record, that enables the free flow of information from the 'natural' or indigenous control system. However, this should be seen as possible futures. The other, material, control system, can borrow, and/or direct outcome, based on that information, by redirecting, capitalising or facilitating that possible reality.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

One could add Arthur C. Clarke and Isaac Asimov to that list of visionary sci-fi writers.

Much of their early imaginings came to pass by the end of their lives, in line with standard thinking about divination: the diviner has access to information they have access to later in time.

This is probably highly off-topic, but in theory couldn't young and old diviners, by communicating with one another, chain each others lives in order to pass information back much further (or from much further ahead in time) than the span of one life? Is this why the older grimoires use young children as divining mediums?

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Autograf

One could add Arthur C. Clarke and Isaac Asimov to that list of visionary sci-fi writers.

Much of their early imaginings came to pass by the end of their lives, in line with standard thinking about divination: the diviner has access to information they have access to later in time.

This is probably highly off-topic, but in theory couldn't young and old diviners, by communicating with one another, chain each others lives in order to pass information back much further (or from much further ahead in time) than the span of one life? Is this why the older grimoires use young children as divining mediums?

I am not sure I see any affirmative benefit in that. The future is mutable due to the numerous defining factors that go into shaping it. Certain aspects of the future are, even without divination, incredibly predictiable on a scientific basis, but still, those outcomes can be changed by action.

Old school divination, oracular forms for example, were highly personal, based upon the reading of individual characteristics and specific events in relation to that individual or set of circumstance, therefore accuracy was more likely because the oracle served a directive function. Similarly, if, as you propose, someone was to read the future, they would only be doing so based on current trends of behaviour. Although, you could, on a more positive basis, programme in various parametres to the divination in order to get a reading on how that could effect the future. Hmmm...okay, thinking on this...yes, perhaps, on that basis, you could utilise it in order to see how best to proceed, but it would still require impetus in order to effect or realise that future. If you catch my drift. The future doesn't passively occur, is what I am trying to express.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

A good example of what you're saying is in Tarot reading, the 4th card (in the celtic cross lay-out I use, at least) is the "Future Trend" and is interpreted as the 'likely' scenario if the querent doesn't change the way he/she is moving ahead...
And the 11th or "Outcome" card is the 'probable' conclusion or result, if nothing changes...

P.S. If you like reading, there's a really good book (though not 'sci-fi') called "The Probable Future", by Alice Hoffman..

edit on 14-4-2014 by lostgirl because: addendum

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Autograf

I think it more likely they'd have used young children in hopes that a 'gifted' one might be able to "chain" 'up' thru time - to attain 'information' from their older (future) self..

But as Kilgore posted, the future is the result of so many 'individual' choices, that most of what gets 'divined' could easily be 'subverted' (thus nullified) over the time between the particular divination and its 'foretold' future...
edit on 14-4-2014 by lostgirl because: grammer

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

lostgirl
reply to post by Autograf

I think it more likely they'd have used young children in hopes that a 'gifted' one might be able to "chain" 'up' thru time - to attain 'information' from their older (future) self..

But as Kilgore posted, the future is the result of so many 'individual' choices, that most of what gets 'divined' could easily be 'subverted' (thus nullified) over the time between the particular divination and its 'foretold' future...
edit on 14-4-2014 by lostgirl because: grammer

Which brings us right back to the work with kids and 'intelligence amplification'.

I have no idea where to go from here.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 1ofthe9

I think we were just exploring a facet of techno-shamanism.

Where I'm going from here, is continuing to soak up all the Vallee material I can get my hands on. Still trying to find a copy of Fastwalker, going to check a few stores this week.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Autograf
reply to post by 1ofthe9

I think we were just exploring a facet of techno-shamanism.

Where I'm going from here, is continuing to soak up all the Vallee material I can get my hands on. Still trying to find a copy of Fastwalker, going to check a few stores this week.

I have a copy. Anything you'd want me to keep an eye out for?

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Well really, what caught your eye in it?

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Autograf
Well really, what caught your eye in it?

It lacks a happy ending, and it's honestly pretty bleak.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by 1ofthe9

It lacks a happy ending

that's the worst

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

ZetaRediculian
reply to post by 1ofthe9

It lacks a happy ending

that's the worst

Yeah. Its actually a pretty decent SciFi novel. Amazon has the best prices for a copy BTW.

I wish GUTcould jump in. He read it too. I'm guessing Alintel is Vallee's model for the UFO control group... :/

I'll have to reread it and take notes.

new topics

top topics

<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join