It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Jacques Vallee ~ The Control System

page: 100
<< 97  98  99    101  102  103 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The term “control system” is really self explanatory. An idea of what controls our existence on all levels.

But actually, as I have said often in this thread, I am relating what I think Vallee is referring to from the analogy he puts early in the thread.

Anyway I am abandoning this idea of Vallee's ideas since I think they are pretty useless.

IMO Vallee convolutes things and makes them more complicated than they have to be. He may do this out of intellectual vanity, or for some sinister reason as he is likely a part of the misinformation team that has an interest in deceiving us over the possibility that these aliens are monitoring the worlds continuing indulgence in self destructive activities by the governments like nuclear energy and environmental damage.

So the secret boys know this and don’t want to be bothered by any cosmic intervention regarding their toys of mass murder, genocide, and worldwide mass destruction.

So what do they do? bring forth over intellectualizing people like Vallee to confuse and muddy the issue.

And other liars like Dotty to further muck up the mix.

Bottom line I don’t think Vallee really has much contribution to make other than to convolute and confuse.

In that he has been successful.

edit on 20-4-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Do you have any specific critiques of Vallee's work other than "it's too complicated"?

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Autograf

I don’t think his “work” whatever his work is, is complicated in terms of it’s not hard to comprehend but it may be deliberately convoluted to make something simple complex.

con•vo•lut•ed
[kon-vuh-loo-tid] Show IPA
adjective
twisted; coiled.
complicated; intricately involved: a convoluted way of describing a simple device.

He says UFO’s are probably inter-dimensional and then he doesn’t really know what inter-dimensional is.

He’s an entertainer and intellectual to me not a serious man of knowledge

Nothing wrong with being an intellectual or entertainer
But with this huge thread what have we learned from Mr. Vallee?

You see my point!

On interviews he manipulates the interviewer to say what he wants to say not answer the questions of the interviewer. This way he gets to put in his distorted view of something that may be very basic.

It sounds exotic on it's face but when you go underneath the hood there is little substance.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autograf

Do you have any specific critiques of Vallee's work other than "it's too complicated"?

I talked with my campus skeptic group. Apparently Five Arguments Against ET is bad statistics...

I have a more positive view of Vallee then Willtell, but I have to say he's almost certainly involved in disinfo stuff. The question is what is legit...

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Lost girl: The book ends with a main character lombotomized, and Nevada about to go boom.

Note in that TedX talk Vallee says we'll know the truth in the next few years... *alarmbells*

Someone fire up the GUT signal. Might have something here.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: Autograf

I don’t think his “work” whatever his work is, is complicated in terms of it’s not hard to comprehend but it may be deliberately convoluted to make something simple complex.

con•vo•lut•ed
[kon-vuh-loo-tid] Show IPA
adjective
twisted; coiled.
complicated; intricately involved: a convoluted way of describing a simple device.

He says UFO’s are probably inter-dimensional and then he doesn’t really know what inter-dimensional is.

He’s an entertainer and intellectual to me not a serious man of knowledge

Nothing wrong with being an intellectual or entertainer
But with this huge thread what have we learned from Mr. Vallee?

You see my point!

On interviews he manipulates the interviewer to say what he wants to say not answer the questions of the interviewer. This way he gets to put in his distorted view of something that may be very basic.

It sounds exotic on it's face but when you go underneath the hood there is little substance.

I think that is well said and from my perspective, its a tactical strategy for just selling more books. His methodology and reasoning are tragically unscientific. In his first published works he explains that he extrapolated his assumptions by amassing a very narrow profile of high strangeness events. One of them involved a French farmer who in the 1940s claimed a saucer landed in his field from which came a small man, who handed him a pancake, then ran into his saucer and simply sped away. From obscure events like this one, Jacques Fabrice Vallée claims that UFOs and alien encounters (all adopted into this category on one or more points) are so illogical, that they cannot possibly be anything but the created, semi-fluid events assembled to fool the common man. Its another spin on the legend of the Trickster, a very old idea spun into modern legend. And of course, artfully utilized to mythologize the UFO and extraterrestrial contact experience. I don't know if he's working for someone or just capitalizing on an unfortunate melee of information between the people and their government.

Its also quite interesting to see how the younger generation has acclimated to the paranormal belief system as a cultural or even an institutional paradigm.

edit on 20-4-2014 by Gianfar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Vallee is not convoluted, it depends on what the reader of Vallee is acclimated to reading.

Vallee practically nutshells his whole oeuvre in the last few seconds of the deleted Close Encounters of the Third Kind scene that corsair00 posted.

3:28

Thanks to corsair00, I don't know how long it would have taken me to find that on my own.

Otherwise, I am now entirely satiated. Congratulations to everyone on their hard work so far.

Major Kudos to TheGUT and his mystery partner for identifying Skinwalker Ranch as Bigelow and crew's Tulpa Experiment.

Ciao, bella gente!

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

I've been away from this site for months and the final conclusion on this matter is my initial conclusion from the start of the thread? I find that quite entertaining; especially since I was flamed for my observations and even asked to leave the thread.

;-)

Of course in all fairness I never "proved" my observation.

KPB

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Ah geez KPB,

I can't speak for everyone; but yeah, as these things often go, corsair00 happened to post just abut the last bit of Vallee that I was really looking for at this stage of my understanding of all of this. So , yeah, that's it for me for the time being. I'm going to go get some real reading done.

This has been awesome, nice meeting you. Again.

P.S. Having reread your last post to me a few times, I am realizing that you and I are likely not getting the same thing out of all of this. I say that because somehow you seem to be seeing in my last post some theme that is congruent with some other theme that you have previously laid down in this thread.

Since you mention it, If I had seen something in your posts that I wanted to add to my own mapboard of all of this stuff, or I thought that it was a contribution that would have pushed this whole boat that we have been working on the last three years forward some, I would have said so.

Yer still not getting it, KPB, because the tools you need to get it aren't in your box. But it's been fun watching you try.

edit on 21-4-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
It all depends on what perspective one views Vallee form.
From the perspective of a movie about simple alien contact, an entertainment vehicle like Close encounters, Vallee will be the loyal advisor to Spielberg, a god of the era.
I would do the same thing.

But from the perspective of what reality is he is as good or bad a commentator as any of us when he offers a degree of complexity as he does: aliens are inter-dimensional, this or that quasi exotic theory. That’s all right; no problem with that it has good in it and questionable things in it as well.
As posted by Gianfar, it is likely to sell books, nothing wrong with that for Vallee is sometimes very entertaining, such as in the book Revelations.

I may get on him sometimes but I am not really against the guy for he is only a human trying to, like all of us, figure out this great mystery that unfolds before us

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Well that was also entertaining
Humans ARE the most fascinating type of tulpa of course; that's why we all are so addicted to coming here.
Caio!

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Even Valle's likely relationship with the spooky boys…I don’t really blame the guy for that, to a degree of course.

Think about it. If anyone here had a spook come to them and say: “look here we will get all your books published, introduce you to guys like Spielberg, help you get an easy doctorate and a job with a top notch institution, all you have to do is just play a little ball with us…

How many here would refuse that offer?

edit on 21-4-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I dunno, right at the moment he is reminding me of Hunter Thompson going deep cover with the Hell's Angels and somehow keeping most of his skin intact. I think the guy is brilliant and a goofball.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Well that was also entertaining

You know what's entertaining?

Parasitic chakras.

Humans ARE the most fascinating type of tulpa of course; that's why we all are so addicted to coming here.

I don't know if we share that, I think that we do, but either way, me being at ATS has been on my mind a lot lately. This has been a journey for me and a process. It had an appropriate beginning, and has had an appropriate place in my life; presently the benefits still outweigh the detriments. So I guess I've got that going for me. We'll see; I am not sure how ATS fits in to my creative process any longer.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Bottom line I don’t think Vallee really has much contribution to make other than to convolute and confuse.

Hey Will,

Listen, I can understand how you could get there in terms of how you are feeling about all of this.

But as I have said, and I suppose it's only my opinion but: considering that this is a closed loop, and that all of the answers that we are looking for are present within it?

How does one simplify 2,445 years of western philosophy?

There were Roman philosophers that lived 1,745 years ago that tried to allay all of this very same confusion. Unsuccessfully; in fact it seems that some of the rhetoric just made it worse by creating more rhetoric.

At this point I can only think "PEBUAC": Problem Exists Between User and Keyboard.

Know what I mean?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: GianfarOne of them involved a French farmer who in the 1940s claimed a saucer landed in his field from which came a small man, who handed him a pancake, then ran into his saucer and simply sped away. From obscure events like this one, Jacques Fabrice Vallée claims that UFOs and alien encounters (all adopted into this category on one or more points) are so illogical, that they cannot possibly be anything but the created, semi-fluid events assembled to fool the common man. Its another spin on the legend of the Trickster, a very old idea spun into modern legend. And of course, artfully utilized to mythologize the UFO and extraterrestrial contact experience. I don't know if he's working for someone or just capitalizing on an unfortunate melee of information between the people and their government.

When an account describes ufonauts throwing stones, dancing or making pancakes these silly features are an indication that the contact experience was real. The ufonauts do this kind of thing to discredit the witness. They want contact but they want to control events so many people will be driven away.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: EnPassant

When an account describes ufonauts throwing stones, dancing or making pancakes these silly features are an indication that the contact experience was real.

The ufonauts do this kind of thing to discredit the witness. They want contact but they want to control events so many people will be driven away.

This is the very type of thing that I would recommend that all members eschew.

The temperature in this thread has been set to Jacques Vallee.

Vallee himself would never say such a thing.

Considering that, why would it be tolerated as a legitimate point for discussion?

That's what I meant by removing variables from the problem, and not adding them.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots
a reply to: EnPassant

When an account describes ufonauts throwing stones, dancing or making pancakes these silly features are an indication that the contact experience was real.
The ufonauts do this kind of thing to discredit the witness. They want contact but they want to control events so many people will be driven away.

This is the very type of thing that I would recommend that all members eschew.
The temperature in this thread has been set to Jacques Vallee.

Considering that, why would it be tolerated as a legitimate point for discussion?

That's what I meant by removing variables from the problem, and not adding them.

Surely the ufonauts behaviour is part of the control system?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Bybyots -

Why? He said cattle mutilations were an exercise in terror. Here he is commenting on the psychological tactics of the ufonauts, which is what I am doing.

Let the people in the thread answer that.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Hey Look

Forget all of that

Here's the proof in the pudding: Those little pancakes didn’t even have syrup on them. They tasted like cardboard! What aliens in their right mind would eat pancakes WITHOUT SYRUP!

top topics

<< 97  98  99    101  102  103 >>

join