It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Jacques Vallee ~ The Control System

page: 83
<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

Hahaha Yes! In front of everyone, tie it all together. I am sorry, I did not mean to hold your feet to the flames, but when it comes to people as suspicious and snaky as Strieber revealing in a very private venue for a handful of his subscribers that he was personally subjected to mind control abuse, the cat is out of the bag on that front. His credibility as a genuine abductee is called into question and the hands of the architects of this massive PsyOps are seen. Vallee has also given many clues about mind control and how many of the scientists involved with that research in the early days went on to front the UFO organizations like NICAP. I have more to post but am very limited without a computer at the moment, which is part of the frustration. Thanks for the posts, all very fascinating.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Hildegard of Bingen - A Temporal - Lobe Epileptic, An Ingenious Woman, or Both?

I have never believed that it is the temporal lobe alone that is solely responsible for all of this. It couldn't possibly be. Nor do I think, knowing that the brain is a complex system, that all of religious and mystical experience is covered by activity only in the temporal lobes. Neither can temporal lobe lability and/or seizure account for all of the UFO phenomenon.

The temporal lobe lability is not the cause of all of this but it is the common denominator amongst those that have experiences which, in the case of the study that I linked a page or two back, fall within the category defined as transliminal: religious and metaphysical experiences.

"The map is not the territory", and the medium is not the message. TLL seems to represent the mechanism by which all of this can happen, maybe getting as close to the mechanism as possible can help us to better understand the meaning of all of this.

What I believe is represented by all of this are the keys to a greater and more fulfilling spiritual destiny for all of us that will likely involve the end of whatever curse it is that has been put upon us that allows us all to live so close together yet be so profoundly isolated. What it is definitely not is us trapped in a nightmare hall of mirrors with our over-active temporal lobes.

As far as Whitley Streiber is concerned, I am satisfied that he is returning to the land of the wakeful with vivid tales informed by his bouts of severe sleep paralysis.

As far as Hildegard goes? I loved her in my early twenties, she is still one of my primary religious and literary heroines and this is a painting by her...

And this is a very, very good representation of scintillating scotoma produced by what is called a "visual migraine", the scotoma can be found amongst a list of common effects caused by epileptic, and especially temporal-lobe epileptic aura.

P.S. Oh! Hey! Look at the big flaming almond!
edit on 7-3-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Bybyots
Hildegard of Bingen - A Temporal - Lobe Epileptic, An Ingenious Woman, or Both?

Ooh. Nifty. You might want to see my past thread on generating these experiences technologically. I need an IR laser, and an Arduino board...

I'm actually helping to give a talk on the UFO subject tonight, and I wrote to Persinger. I'll let y'all know how it goes.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
It occurred to me to also add that it seems to me that it should be obvious that people have been experiencing this for a very long time with no electronic stimulation of the temporal lobes whatsoever.

That means that whether or not the root cause of all of this is electronic, electromagnetic and radiofrequency energy that has proliferated by our own hands since the Industrial revolution, or anyone who might be attempting "applied research", that there are two (2) Control Systems.

I don't know how Manichean it gets but I am just about always down for very Manichean.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Bybyots
I don't know how Manichean it gets but I am just about always down for very Manichean.

Gnostics all the way down.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   

The GUT
It is good stuff and certainly has to be factored in. Persinger suggests--and builds on--William James, but from a biological standpoint. It certainly raises questions, but at the same time leaves so many unanswered. Through a glass darkly. Without a model of the mind it only suggests mechanics, but not whether there's some core truth of what we might call a spiritual nature.

I'm going to say it again, sorry...know yourself! The mechanics of the mind may be roughly universal, but the way in which those mechanics interface with the wider environment is completely unique to you. We are born incomplete, and the way in which our brain continues to grow and develop through to adulthood is as dependent on nurture as it is on nature. By understanding those factors that influence the way in which you interface and process, how you respond to external and internal stimuli, allows 'truth', spiritual or otherwise, to achieve clarity.

The GUT
One problem is that such experiences aren't always--as seemingly proffered--buffered through an individual's societal context. Often enough though, admittedly, to take notice.

Bybyots offerings are one of the items I mentioned above that have been a delightful--but challenging--excursion. Not new to me, but he's put it together in creative and challenging ways enough to give it all another and closer look. I keep finding both holes AND great points that are brain-bending debate-wise. (---
---) That was one of my famous hugs...how'd it feel?

That thread I mentioned to Lostgirl, the one that really challenged me, the OP said that if you feel as though you are being tested you are. That, above all else, lives in me. Welcome those ideas that challenge you, and rise to them.

Thanks for the hug, you're a darling.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   

lostgirl
Where as, (and I think you get this) when I use the word 'belief' in regards to 'magick', i.e. affecting the 'supernatural' Control System - I am talking about belief as an 'action', a choice one makes (and/or a step one takes) as part of the 'process' toward such a goal...

All belief is an action, dogmatic or otherwise. You decide, consciously or otherwise, to accept a certain reality and act accordingly. You may have experiences that contradicts that belief, but how you respond and assimilate that experience will still be dictated by that belief. By suspending disbelief you bypass the primary rationalisation process that intercepts and catagorises anomalous information/experience so that instead you simply 'experience'. This is what is meant by being like a child. By allowing something to happen, to wash over us without reaction, we percieve it, to its full extent, more clearly. Then, once it is over, we can assimilate and extrapolate it's meaning. The best way in which to do this, is to engage yourself physically, in routine tasks, or play. When the body is occupied autonomously, the mind becomes free and that is when the mind-body experiences can most effectively be processed and the epiphany of meaning realised.

lostgirl
p.s. Thank you for the Hildegarde of Bingen post....I find it inordinately depressing to think that my spiritual feelings/yearnings might be nothing more than random Temporal Lobe 'firings'...

Your brain is an extraordinary device. Nothing in nature or created technology, is as complex as the human brain. We do not, at this stage in our development, fully understand it's capabilities, but we can be assured that it processes and responds to informative input from more than just the five senses. The Temporal Lobe Liability that Bybyots has posited indicates as much. And it is indicative of a function, not a malfunction. Consider it like this, humans unlike every other living thing on this planet, do not have an obvious reflexive survival mechanism against threat. We are the most vulnerable of all species of life on Earth, excepting this brain of ours, which allows process the available data in order to recall memories and respond instantly based on the lifetime acquisition of experience and knowledge. So what if, those Temporal Lobe firings are anything but 'random'? What if they are a message or have meaning that we simply do not have the memory store to comprehend fully or appropriately? Because of 'beliefs' we react, forcing our stored memories to fabricate meaning, instead of simply experiencing and allowing the mind the time and freedom to raise from it's deeper, more ancient faculties, the true meaning, which then, via employed meditative contemplation as I have already described, can be extrapolated into 'human' terms to achieve epiphany.

Hildegard was an extraordinary woman, and her body of work, her understanding of nature, of the Viriditas demonstrate that such visions as she experienced, resulted in a compulsion towards activity and communication. She literally had no choice. That is what Jesus meant when he said that you will know them by their fruit. Such experiences may be common, may be random firings, but every so often, they reach the right person, and that person has the faculty of mind to process the information accordingly and translate it for the benefit of us all, whether we want to hear it or not.

15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits.

Matthew 7: 15-16

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

KilgoreTrout
All belief is an action, dogmatic or otherwise. You decide, consciously or otherwise, to accept a certain reality and act accordingly.

Actually, what I meant in 'belief as action' was - to 'choose' a reality as opposed to merely 'accepting' one, i.e. In order to 'do' magick, one must first 'choose the belief' (the first step in the 'process') that working magick can be done and that one can do it...
For most people, to 'choose' a belief in the supernatural requires a willing "suspension of disbelief" - as you described, which is where I drew the comparison...

My original point being that if there were a method for experimenting with the (supernatural/paranormal) Control System, the first step in the process would be deciding/choosing the 'belief' the experimenters wish to 'adopt'...
The second step would be 'propagating' that belief amongst themselves in hopes of drawing the Control System's attention...

Hildegard was an extraordinary woman, and her body of work, her understanding of nature, of the Viriditas demonstrate that such visions as she experienced, resulted in a compulsion towards activity and communication. She literally had no choice. That is what Jesus meant when he said that you will know them by their fruit. Such experiences may be common, may be random firings, but every so often, they reach the right person, and that person has the faculty of mind to process the information accordingly and translate it for the benefit of us all, whether we want to hear it or not.

I really, really love what you've said here...makes absolute sense to me!

edit on 8-3-2014 by lostgirl because: addendum

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I was struck by a thought yesterday. You guys know the story of Kit Green and the Livermore weirdness... Well...

The dude with the missing arm sounds like Gil 'The Long Arm' Hamilton from Larry Niven's Known Space...

Perhaps our CS is lazy and has taken to riffing on scifi authors.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

Your brain is an extraordinary device. Nothing in nature or created technology, is as complex as the human brain. We do not, at this stage in our development, fully understand it's capabilities, but we can be assured that it processes and responds to informative input from more than just the five senses.

Boy did you say a mouthful!

Someone mentioned that the Russians were always a bit more interested and dedicated in their pursuit of the weird than those in the US, well take a look at what they're saying now:

Experimental work carried out in Moscow at the Institute of Control Sciences, Wave Genetics Inc., Quantum Genetics Institute and theoretical work from several sources are described in this work. It is suggested that: (1) The evolution of biosystems has created genetic "texts", similar to natural context dependent texts in human languages, shaping the text of these speech-like patterns; (2) The chromosome apparatus acts simultaneously both as a source and receiver of these genetic texts, respectively decoding and encoding them, and (3) The chromosome continuum of multicellular organisms is analogous to a staticdynamical multiplex time-space holographic grating, which comprises the space-time of an organism in a convoluted form. Thus, the DNA action (as theory predicts and experiment confirms) is that of a "gene-sign" laser and its solitonic electro-acoustic fields, such that the gene-biocomputer "reads and understands" these texts in a manner similar to human thinking, but at its own genomic level of "reasoning". It is asserted that natural human texts (irrespectively of the language used), and genetic "texts" have similar mathematicallinguistic and entropic-statistic characteristics, where these concern the fractality of the distribution of the character frequency density in the natural and genetic texts, and where in case of genetic "texts", the characters are identified with the nucleotides. Further, DNA molecules, conceived as a gene-sign continuum of any biosystem, are able to form holographic pre-images of biostructures and of the organism as a whole as a registry of dynamical "wave copies" or "matrixes”, succeeding each other. This continuum is the measuring, calibrating field for constructing its biosystem.

DNA as Basis for Quantum Biocomputer

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
La conversion de Saint Paul. Giordano Nancy.

"Paul's letters are weighty and strong, but his bodily presence is weak and his speech contemptible"

-2 Corinthians 10:10

As far as the internet is concerned, far more attention has been paid to Paul the Apostle than Hildegard of Bingen when it comes to temporal-lobe epilepsy. The document that got the ball rolling seems to be this one from the Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery, and Psychiatry back in 1987. I will link to the .pdf file below.

Like Hildegard of Bingen Paul the Apostle utilized an amanuensis, that is, they each had an assistant that they dictated their visions and letters to. Hildegard's amanuensis' name was Volmar, if we know the name of St. Paul's amanuensis I can't find it at the moment. I can't help but draw a comparison between the "Master and Blaster" writing teams we are already familiar with: Shaver and Palmer, Guieu and Huguet.

So, what we seem to have in terms of the True Control System, is a system for injecting narratives that are transmitted via these people that have especially labile temporal lobes, and these narratives go on to drive society through change. These two factors are working together: temporal-lobe epilepsy/lability and the generation and "viral" reproduction of narratives that vary in "magnitude" as greatly as the "magnitude" of TLL throughout the world population.

We are all probably "labile" enough within some measure that allows us to all casually modulate our disbelief so that we can enjoy ourselves, each to their own desire and ability. When I think of the knuckleheads that are trying to pantomime the CS and reflect on the cases of Hildegard and Paul, it does not surprise me that the pantomime version almost always comes across as absurd and clunky. How is it that Nature, and by all due report, God can pull off the Control System so elegantly, and anyone else that tries to mimic or force it ultimately makes themselves and others sick?

The evening has grown short, so for the sake of not making a long post I will let, D.Landsborough, the author of the linked article finish this post for me.

While the true state of Paul's health cannot be known, with TLE as a hypothesis for the cause of his ecstatic visions it is suggested that his "thorn in the flesh" was the occasional supervention of grand mal attacks, and that he may have had an attack of TLE on the road to Damascus, followed by post-ictal blindness-this taking place while he was undergoing a profound spiritual change, his conversion to the
Christian faith.

What I believe we are talking about here is a mechanism that may hold the promise of uniting us all on a much deeper level someday, and we are probably also talking about the ways that have been found to use the same apparatus to do us harm, and as a third thing we need to remember that we all may be using the apparatus in ways that we misunderstand based on ignorance that is forgivable.

St. Paul and Temporal Lobe Epilepsy

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   

lostgirl
Actually, what I meant in 'belief as action' was - to 'choose' a reality as opposed to merely 'accepting' one, i.e. In order to 'do' magick, one must first 'choose the belief' (the first step in the 'process') that working magick can be done and that one can do it...

Hmmm...okay...what do you mean by 'magic' first and foremost?

lostgirl
For most people, to 'choose' a belief in the supernatural requires a willing "suspension of disbelief" - as you described, which is where I drew the comparison...

Not at all, many, if not all, belief systems come complete with a supernatural aspect, be it gods, aliens or good/bad luck. Disbelief in the context that I am using does not mean to believe in everything or the possibility of everything, or even one thing in particular, it means to be completely passive, neither believing nor disbelieving, simply accepting and in doing so, allowing your mind the freedom to process the information. It is more a matter of none reaction, thereby disallowing the experience from activating your emotions, and therefore preventing your memory store from forcing percieved reality on that basis.

lostgirl
My original point being that if there were a method for experimenting with the (supernatural/paranormal) Control System, the first step in the process would be deciding/choosing the 'belief' the experimenters wish to 'adopt'...
The second step would be 'propagating' that belief amongst themselves in hopes of drawing the Control System's attention...

I think, possibly, it is a mistake to assume that it is neither natural or normal (as in super- or para- to). The CS, that we are currently discussing, while perceived by us, if we react and force a memory based recognition, in a belief system framework, as in, if it fits angelic or alien criteria, we will see it as an angel or an alien, does not necessarily indicate that it is attracted to beliefs as such, rather it gains it's physical form based on belief systems via the projection from our memories. The more likely scenario, based on the TLL as a theoretical model, is that the CS is always present but only under certain conditions are we able to perceive it. We don't need to attract it, we merely have to recalibrate our perception in order to see it.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

How familiar are you with the emergent field of biosemiotics...

Biosemiotics is the idea that life is based on semiosis, i.e., on signs and codes. This idea has been strongly suggested by the discovery of the genetic code, but so far it has made little impact in the scientific world and is largely regarded as a philosophy rather than a science. The main reason for this is that modern biology assumes that signs and meanings do not exist at the molecular level, and that the genetic code was not followed by any other organic code for almost four billion years, which implies that it was an utterly isolated exception in the history of life. These ideas have effectively ruled out the existence of semiosis in the organic world, and yet there are experimental facts against all of them. If we look at the evidence of life without the preconditions of the present paradigm, we discover that semiosis is there, in every single cell, and that it has been there since the very beginning. This is what biosemiotics is really about. It is not a philosophy. It is a new scientific paradigm that is rigorously based on experimental facts. Biosemiotics claims that the genetic code (1) is a real code and (2) has been the first of a long series of organic codes that have shaped the history of life on our planet. The reality of the genetic code and the existence of other organic codes imply that life is based on two fundamental processes--copying and coding--and this in turn implies that evolution took place by two distinct mechanisms, i.e., by natural selection (based on copying) and by natural conventions (based on coding). It also implies that the copying of genes works on individual molecules, whereas the coding of proteins operates on collections of molecules, which means that different mechanisms of evolution exist at different levels of organization. This review intends to underline the scientific nature of biosemiotics, and to this purpose, it aims to prove (1) that the cell is a real semiotic system, (2) that the genetic code is a real code, (3) that evolution took place by natural selection and by natural conventions, and (4) that it was natural conventions, i.e., organic codes, that gave origin to the great novelties of macroevolution. Biological semiosis, in other words, is a scientific reality because the codes of life are experimental realities. The time has come, therefore, to acknowledge this fact of life, even if that means abandoning the present theoretical framework in favor of a more general one where biology and semiotics finally come together and become biosemiotics.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

A couple of recent publications from the field...

The question of language development and origin is a subject that is vital to our understanding of what it means to be human. This is reflected in the large range of academic disciplines that are dedicated to the subject. Language development has in particular been related to studies in cognitive capacity and the ability for mind reading, often termed a theory of mind. The Social Brain Hypothesis has been the only attempt to correlate a cognitive scale of complexity incorporating a theory of mind and intentionality orders to the archaeological record and hominin phylogeny. However, a method is still lacking that allows a correlation of the orders of intentionality (and by inference a theory of mind and language development) to the archaeological signatures that represent the physical expression of hominin behaviour. This paper is primarily concerned with introducing a new theoretical perspective – termed the identity model – which facilitates such a correlation between a scale of cognitive acuity, hominin behaviour through the archaeological record and subsequently language development within an evolutionary context.

link.springer.com...

We apply molecular code theory to a rule-based model of the human inner kinetochore and study how complex formation in general can give rise to molecular codes. We analyze 105 reaction networks generated from the rule-based inner kinetochore model in two variants: with and without dissociation of complexes. Interestingly, we found codes only when some but not all complexes are allowed to dissociate. We show that this is due to the fact that in the kinetochore model proteins can only bind at kinetochores by attaching to already attached proteins and cannot form complexes in free solution. Using a generalized linear mixed model we study which centromere protein (CENP) can take which role in a molecular code (sign, meaning, context). By this, associations between CENPs (CenpA, CenpQ, CenpU and CenpI) and code roles are found. We observed that CenpA is a major risk factor (increases probability for code role) while CenpQ is a major protection factor (decreases probability for code role). Finally we show, using an abstract model of copolymer formation, that molecular codes can also be realized solely by the formation of stable complexes, which do not dissociate. For example, with particular dimers as context a molecular code mapping from two different monomers to two particular trimers can be realized just by non-selective complex formation. We conclude that the formation of protein complexes can be utilized by the cell to implement molecular codes. Living cells thus facilitate a subsystem allowing for an enormous flexibility in the realization of mappings, which can be used for specific regulatory processes, e.g. via the context of a mapping.

link.springer.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Bybyots
Like Hildegard of Bingen Paul the Apostle utilized an amanuensis, that is, they each had an assistant that they dictated their visions and letters to. Hildegard's amanuensis' name was Volmar, if we know the name of St. Paul's amanuensis I can't find it at the moment. I can't help but draw a comparison between the "Master and Blaster" writing teams we are already familiar with: Shaver and Palmer, Guieu and Huguet.

I think it is Priscilla (and Aquilla) is who you are looking for...

Priscilla was a woman of Jewish heritage and one of the earliest known Christian converts who lived in Rome. Her name is a Roman diminutive for Prisca which was her formal name. She is often thought to be the first example of a female teacher in early church history. Coupled with her husband, she was a celebrated missionary a friend and co-worker of Paul.[2]

While the view is not widely held among scholars, some scholars have suggested that Priscilla was the author of the Book of Hebrews. Although acclaimed for its artistry, originality, and literary excellence, it is the only book in the New Testament with author anonymity.[3] Hoppin and others suggest that Priscilla was the author, but that her name was omitted either to suppress its female authorship, or to protect the letter itself from suppression.[3][7]

en.wikipedia.org...

Or possibly, Junia...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

The tradition was also celebrated in the Cult of Saint Paul the Hermit, located in Upper Egypt, the source of the Nile, and something of a double act with Saint Anthony of Lower Egypt, the unification of the two Kingdoms in a sense, perhaps even three.

This here is a great rendering of that by Grunewald, a venerable and ancient tradition, note Jesus and the twelve disciples stuck down at the bottom

The essential understanding of this is as light or water first emergent from darkness, bubbling up from down below, becoming a mighty torrent and then diverging and multiplying and meandering, so it also relates to tree symbolism and the drawing of water from the Abzu, it's the cult of the good tree, in the beauty, foliage fruit and flowers of the branches one finds balance.

That point of first emergence is also a true point of contact between the Feminine and Masculine in metaphysical terms.

It's her way of saying a prayer for me
It's her way of talking to God for me
It's her way of talking to Jesus Christ
Her way of talking to Jesus, hey!

edit on Kam33167vAmerica/ChicagoSunday0931 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Kantzveldt
The tradition was also celebrated in the Cult of Saint Paul the Hermit, located in Upper Egypt, the source of the Nile, and something of a double act with Saint Anthony of Lower Egypt, the unification of the two Kingdoms in a sense, perhaps even three.

The meeting between St Paul and St Anthony is told, allegorically, by Hermann Hesse in The Glass Bead Game (The Father Confessor), but St Paul left no record of any visions, the only reason we know of him at all is through St Jerome, so I am unsure of how they reflect the tradition of amanuensis.

Kantzveldt
This here is a great rendering of that by Grunewald, a venerable and ancient tradition, note Jesus and the twelve disciples stuck down at the bottom

The Isenheim altar piece does though very well. The carved aspect that you link to is actually by Nikolaus Hagenauer (the painted wings, seen when open, and depicting scenes from the life and passion of Christ, are by Grunewald), and it was commissioned for the Monastery of St Anthony, hence his prominence when closed. If you look closely, you will see that at the feet of Anthony and Paul are a number of medicinal plants, Anthony being a 'healing' saint.
Anthony did have 'visions', mostly auditory, but if he was involved in a 'double-act', Paul the Simple is the likelier candidate as transcriber.

The reason though that it fits with amanuensis though, is that the illustrations are founded on the visions of St Bridget of Sweden...

The iconography of the altarpiece has several unusual elements, several derived from closely following the accounts left by Saint Bridget of Sweden of her mystical visions. These had long had a significant influence on art, especially on depictions of the Nativity of Christ, a scene not included here. The crucifixion includes Saint John the Baptist, long dead by Gospel chronology.

en.wikipedia.org...

As a child, she had already believed herself to have visions; these now became more frequent, and her records of these Revelationes coelestes ("Celestial revelations") which were translated into Latin by Matthias, canon of Linköping, and by her confessor, Peter, prior of Alvastra, obtained a great vogue during the Middle Ages.[1] These revelations made Bridget something of a celebrity to some and a controversial figure to others.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

lostgirl

I really, really love what you've said here...makes absolute sense to me!

I was thinking some more about this, particularly in context with the amanuensis angle that has now been raised and I wonder whether you might find it useful to incorporate Pythian and Sybilline oracle-seeking methodology into 'experimental' thinking.

Though little is known of how the priestess was chosen, the Pythia was probably selected, at the death of her predecessor, from amongst a guild of priestesses of the temple. These women were all natives of Delphi and were required to have had a sober life and be of good character.[22][23] Although some were married, upon assuming their role as the Pythia, the priestesses ceased all family responsibilities, marital relations, and individual identity. In the heyday of the oracle, the Pythia may have been a woman chosen from an influential family, well educated in geography, politics, history, philosophy, and the arts. During later periods, however, uneducated peasant women were chosen for the role, which may explain why the poetic pentameter or hexameter prophecies of the early period, later were made only in prose. Often the priestesses answers to questions would be put into hexameter by a priest. [24] The archaeologist John Hale reports:

"...the Pythia was (on occasion) a noble of aristocratic family, sometimes a peasant, sometimes rich, sometimes poor, sometimes old, sometimes young, sometimes a very lettered and educated woman to whom somebody like the high priest and the philosopher Plutarch would dedicate essays, other times who could not write her own name. So it seems to have been aptitude rather than any ascribed status that made these women eligible to be Pythias and speak for the god.[25]"

The job of a priestess, especially the Pythia, was a respectable career for Greek women. Priestesses enjoyed many liberties and rewards for their societal position, such as freedom from taxation, the right to own property and attend public events, a salary and housing provided by the state, a wide range of duties depending on their affiliation, and often gold crowns.[26]

In antiquity, the people who went to the Oracle to ask for advice were known as “consultants,” literally, “those who seek counsel.”.[39] It would appear that the supplicant to the oracle would undergo a four-stage process, typical of shamanic journeys.

Step 1: Journey to Delphi — Supplicants were motivated by some need to undertake the long and sometimes arduous journey to come to Delphi in order to consult the oracle. This journey was motivated by an awareness of the existence of the oracle, the growing motivation on the part of the individual or group to undertake the journey, and the gathering of information about the oracle as providing answers to important questions.

Step 2: Preparation of the Supplicant — Supplicants were interviewed in preparation of their presentation to the Oracle, by the priests in attendance. The genuine cases were sorted and the supplicant had to go through rituals involving the framing of their questions, the presentation of gifts to the Oracle and a procession along the Sacred Way carrying laurel leaves to visit the temple, symbolic of the journey they had made.

Step 3: Visit to the Oracle — The supplicant would then be led into the temple to visit the adyton, put his question to the Pythia, receive his answer and depart. The degree of preparation already undergone would mean that the supplicant was already in a very aroused and meditative state, similar to the shamanic journey elaborated on in the article.

Step 4: Return Home — Oracles were meant to give advice to shape future action, that was meant to be implemented by the supplicant, or by those that had sponsored the supplicant to visit the Oracle. The validity of the Oracular utterance was confirmed by the consequences of the application of the oracle to the lives of those people who sought Oracular guidance.[40]

en.wikipedia.org...

Obviously I am not suggesting a literal replication, but I thought that it might give you a slightly wider scope of how you, or others, could 'attract' the CS. Tried and tested, so to speak.

Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

They reflect the continuation of one tradition into another, in the sense of the Hermit to Monasticism, but also in the placement of their Feast Days the tradition of Osiris and the Wagy Festival, the Unification of the White Crown of Upper Egypt and the Red of Lower, thus also the translation of those mysteries into Christianity.

Really all you need to know with that Saint Paul is the symbol of the date palm, clear spring, fed by a raven, Upper Egypt location, and that the name is a diminutive of Apollo and that his was a cult of metaphysical transformation from darkness to light.

It is that stage in development were all is fresh, clear and bright, cool and invigorating, this develops downstream into the muddied, meandering, shallow and slow moving, but that is were one finds life in abundance with all it's trials and tribulations, the temptations of Saint Anthony.

As with the Western church of Saint Paul the Apostle this is not a continuation of the Jerusalem Church, it is a reseeding from that, same genus different tree, and the founders had their own illuminating germination, that Saint Paul of Egypt was a visionary should be taken then as a given, he established that principle whereby an individual sets themselves aside and looks to receive their own inner illumination, and from that go out into the world and instruct, a principle of propagation.

The general principles involved there can be carried over into the way any school of thought that develops, that an individual will source illumination from the boundless nutrients of the deep and from this develop a weed or shrub or tree of sorts, if the latter it will find it's place within the greater scheme of things over time, and individuals that associate with it will flower and bear fruit and reseed according to type, with also the potential for hybrids.

When people attempt to source UFOlogy, going back on topic, then all sorts of curious shrubs and exotic examples of horticultural ingenuity will be encountered, eureka moments according to seed type as the swollen casing cracks, dark and damp generally doing the trick, the principle is always the same, the end result can differ markedly.

edit on Kam33167vAmerica/ChicagoSunday0931 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
KilgoreTrout:

It is more a matter of none reaction, thereby disallowing the experience from activating your emotions, and therefore preventing your memory store from forcing perceived reality on that basis.

This is essentially the secret of accumulating power as a young witch that was taught to me by a responsible and wise woman many, many years ago; I also learned macramé from her, and the beginnings of how to hold still.

I have heard it repeated spontaneously a few times as an adult, but that right thar is one of the best nut-shell versions that I have ever heard.

So, on that note, here at the bottom of the page, I would like to agree that the True Control System is not supernatural.

How could it be after all we have learned now about the temporal lobe? It's made of the same stuff as the rest of us is, fat and stuff.

Finally, in terms of the Oracle-of-Delphi-model-for-tickling-the-CS is concerned? That's an original idea; I am pretty sure that no one has set up their own Oracle of Delphi.

That's what we need: ideas that no one has tried before. How many ways of doing this can we think of that have never been tried before?

Happy Sunday.

P.S. Oh hey. Wouldn't stand to reason that if the Pantomime CS is hacking the same signal vector as the True CS, that the Pantomime CS is probably trying to accomplish the same thing as the True CS, which seems to be to cause the formation and organization of what we all call religions?

?

edit on 9-3-2014 by Bybyots because: ?

new topics

top topics

<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join