It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eric Holder Tells MSNBC: Feds Must Intervene to Stop Voter Photo ID Laws

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Kali74
reply to post by Destinyone

Stopping Voter ID laws does not equal wanting to allow illegals to vote.

You know nothing about politics and the real world...do you.

Des

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

For which I apologized, it was based on something I misunderstood. You took issue for how I replied to Beezer completely out of the blue. I will continue to defend myself as long as I'm being attacked.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

More personal attacks?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Kali74

For which I apologized, it was based on something I misunderstood. You took issue for how I replied to Beezer completely out of the blue. I will continue to defend myself as long as I'm being attacked.

*YAWN* I stopping hitting back quite a while ago and have been, for the past three or four posts, trying to get you to return to the topic at hand. Are you capable of keeping on topic?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Kali74

More personal attacks?

Absolutely not. Just my own observation based on your posts.

Des

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I have been with other posters, I've moved on but you keep asking if I'm ready to play nice as if I'm the one solely at fault here.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Kali74

I have been with other posters, I've moved on but you keep asking if I'm ready to play nice as if I'm the one solely at fault here.

Well then.....carry on, by all means.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
The real reason for the voters ID law has nothing to do with voting, its because it is the only “B-List” document that does NOT contain a biometric facial recognition scan. This is why they are trying to push through E-Verify employment verification with the immigration bill, and why E-Verify will presently not accept the voters ID as proof of identity.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Good to see you Defcon. Having posted with you before on the Real ID Act, I wonder if you have a link for me to research, and add to my Real ID Act files.

Thank you, kindly.

Des

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Kali74

Does it not cost money to get an ID?
And I imagine that where these laws get enacted there will be special positions added to help people that have a hard time obtaining ID's.
edit on 1/24/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

No, almost every state provides free I.D. for those on government benefits, the ones Holder portents are to be the disenfranchised.

He claims they have no way to get there to obtain their I.D.'s, yet, they have no problem applying for benefits, and getting to benefits offices frequently, as they are forced to reapply often, as they get purged for innane reasons, like my daughter-in law. She had to go reapply for Medicaid and food stamps approximately every two months, and went frequently as much as a month or more without foodstamps or medicine for her seizures, which, in the end, caused her untimely death.

But, I digress.

Government I.D., for the poor, are free in almost every state, if not every state.

edit on 24-1-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Kali74
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

The same reason the GOP wants to do away with early voting. So it's harder and harder for the poor and working poor to vote.

sorry .... just not 'seeing' the correlation or 'connection', here.

Holder wants to Stifle State's Efforts Which Would Require Valid State-Issued IDs For Voters.

He wants them to circumvent,To Dissallow The Law, when it comes to Who Can Vote in Elections. (??)

How and WHY does this Have to beCOME about the 'poor', the 'working poor', 'the disenfranchised' etc.!?

It's simply about having to demonstrate that an individual is REGISTERED/ENTITLED/ABLE to LEGALLY Vote...... nothing more.... nothing less...

... and yet the 'best argument' thus presented Yet is that of 'poor folk' unable to either present or even afford the ability to obtain/present a valid ID. (???)

again .... i could do $20 or so bucks panhandling in walmart parking lot alone by noon tomorrow, if need be.

where there's a will there's a way

if ANY legal citizen of these united States SO desires to vote...

there's No reason whatsoever that they can't meet the requirements/guidelines or qualifications to do so .... IMHO

otherwise, their 'complaints' of not being able to do so fall clearly on their shoulders alone. .

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Many years ago I was in a desperate situation and had to shelter with my infant son. I left everything behind. When I got to the safehouse, I had to apply for welfare. I was treated like dirt by the worker, I had no papers for myself or my son. There was a process to getting my documents for free. I had to reapply for Social Security cards, I couldn't go further with the application process until I had them so that took weeks. Luckily my mom could afford to give me money until then but because it was a safety situation I couldn't give the address of the shelter and had to walk a half mile in a completely unfamiliar place to meet her. Anyway once I had our SS cards I had to go to some building downtown which I had to borrow cab fare from the petty cash to get to the train station. And because I was born in Alabama but lived in MA it was going to take even longer to get my birth certificate. It took three months all in all to get my documents and my ID then my benefits.

The situation I was in is not unique. I'm not the only person in the country to have gone through some kind of tragedy and lose my documents. There's fires everyday. People become homeless for all kinds of reasons everyday and lose track of their stuff. People can't afford to get to where they need to go to get them for all kinds of reasons.

I lost everything, should I have lost my right to vote as well?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

If you had a previous valid drivers' license, you were already registered to vote.
ETA:
It should have also been fairly simple, with mail in your name, to apply for a lost license, with an address change. Supplying all of those documents, because you did not state what year this happened, may have been a part of the RealID Act, where all drivers must show their birth certifificates etc to reapply now.

Otherwise, I have no explanation why it might have taken you 3 months.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I don't drive.

ETA the only ID I had at the time was an expired passport.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Kali74

The situation I was in is not unique. I'm not the only person in the country to have gone through some kind of tragedy and lose my documents. There's fires everyday. People become homeless for all kinds of reasons everyday and lose track of their stuff. People can't afford to get to where they need to go to get them for all kinds of reasons.

I lost everything, should I have lost my right to vote as well?

No. ... and you didn't.

you just had to reacquire the necessary paperwork/credentials in order to demonstrate that you were 'ABLE' to legally Vote.

what's 'wrong' with that !?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Kali74

I don't drive.

Well, let me just state, I drive, and, I have both a state driver's license AND a valid State I.D., because in some places, they require 2 forms of photo I.D., not just one is enough.

Kinda ironic, huh?

And you didn't have a valid state I.D. as an adult with a child? Hm. How did you accomplish things, like, registering them for school, writing or cashing a check, or... anything, for that matter? How can you survive without some form of I.D. in this day and age?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

There is nothing written on this that I can point to per say. You can look into the immigration bill, and that it requires the use of a “photo tool” (aka facial recognition) to verify employment. The tool they want to use (and already require for many government employees) is the DHS's E-Verify system.

www.uscis.gov...

As you might know, to verify employment as a US citizen its required that you show so many documents, the most important being the “B-List” ones. Historically the Voters ID is a 'B-List' document, equal to a drivers license or state ID card. If you look on E-Verify, it has been eliminated from the list as it does not contain a biometric photograph.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Kali74
You know all those numbers are dead people.
Not votes in deads peoples names.
Try again!

......And they all Live/Die in Chicago....... hmmmmmmm there's a connection there somewhere.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

He was an infant and the bank accounts were in the name of the person I fled from. I had never needed an ID except for when my dad took me to Ireland when I was 18.

ETA 1999
ETA There's all kinds of people that fall between the cracks by choice or otherwise. They should still get to vote.

And had an ID been required then for me to vote and it happened to be election time, I wouldn't have been able to.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Thanks Defcon!

Interesting section from your link.

The Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements (SAVE) Program is a service that helps federal, state and local benefit-issuing agencies, institutions, and licensing agencies determine the immigration status of benefit applicants so only those entitled to benefits receive them.
www.uscis.gov...

This being the case. I would think they should have to provide E-Verify for voting as well. Not what Holder is pushing, providing no ID at all.

Des

edit on 24-1-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join